The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.2

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Rewards for the Worthy may now drop Large Uncracked Transmutation Geodes.
      • Your first Rewards for the Worthy each day will always contain one of these Geodes.
      • These Geodes can contain up to 30 Transmute Crystals, and always have at least 3 Transmute Crystals. Rewards for the Worthy grants these Geodes more often than before as well. 
      • As part of this change, Rewards for the Worthy are now contained in a bag. 

I went to test this on the PTS but there appears to be no campaign to join. :\
    • Added information to the help menu on how ESO Plus doubles Transmute Crystal capacity, and explaining that you retain access to those Crystals even if your ESO Plus lapses.

No surprise there, except that it wasn't in sooner. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    @Oakmontowls_ESO
    It was arguably even more advantageous in solo or small group settings where you don't have many others helping to keep Off Balance up all the time.

Also, @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Are we to take from the lack of mention of a Crystal Blast/Frags change that this is being reconsidered?

I still think at least 1 person in the group should run the Asylum staff. Maybe not Sorc however, since sustain is tough. On a Magblade though... It would be way easier and it would be up around 80% of the time seeing that there are 5 front bar weaves. The rest should be made up by the liquid lightning, storm blockade, pet pulse and shock enchants.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel
    Please consider this suggestion:
    Revert the asylum destro to its original form, with this addition - "This effect has a 50% chance to apply to player targets."
  • rk110132
    rk110132
    ✭✭
    So the value of the Perfected Asylum Destro has been effectively cut in half. It was only slightly beating out a 4th trials piece staff already on solo dummy parses. I guess it's another case of PvP considerations gutting useful items for PvE.

Rip my beautiful Asylum rotation. You were too young!

Ok I tested and got 83% off balance uptime on nightblade didnt test on sorc and my dps was 36k not very good in doing good dps but I think its slightly nerfed not a very big deal need to sustain 2 force pulse per rotation and 3 for non perfect asylum staff
  • rk110132
    rk110132
    ✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    "Concentrated Force (Asylum Destro Staff): This Item Set’s proc now causes every second Force Shock you cast to always apply the Burning, Concussion, and Chilled status effects. The bonus visual effects on Force Shock will now only display when this proc occurs, instead of on every cast of Force Shock."

Not good enough.

Force Shock is a non-class-restricted spammable. People don't use it every ten seconds; they use it often. Certainly more than once in the time those elemental effects remain active. This change does nothing. It's still incredibly overpowered.

Really ? the change was made for pvp not pve it doesnt need more nerfs magicka needs to be given some importance.....
  • Ciphex
    Ciphex
    Soul Shriven
    This is a bit disappointing to say the least. Still no significant warden changes. Cliff racers and shalks are continuing to overperform in pvp of all types while they remain abysmal compared to other classes in pve (along with weak class DoTs and the irrelevance of chilled in pve). Siphoner got buffed so you buffed the people outnumbering others significantly. Honestly the armor ability changes were good but that's about all that's positive. who knows what state petrify will be in, Nightblade healers will never be a thing, stop trying to make it so, you made the asylum staff useless, asylum weapons still drop in normal.... c'mon guys. I have a love hate relationship with this game and it really shouldn't be like that after 2 years.
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    Wow. The change to the asylum destro staff has now made the perfected version SIGNIFICANTLY better than the non perfect one. What a terrible decision.

this is a joke right?
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    [*]Siphoner: This champion passive now reduces the enemy’s Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery by 25% at 100 points, up from 15%.
    Developer Comments:
    Siphoner will now be a better counter against builds that are able to live for an extremely long time through healing and resource restore.

What builds is this change supposed to be targeting?

25% reduction is HUGE. My heavy Armor Stam DK, which only uses Dubious Camoran for sustain is barely affected by this change as it only runs 1.2k recovery. My stam dk trades sustain for survivability and damage and is able to take far more damage than my other characters and is still able to dish it out. And no, I am not running block glyphs, legion or impregnable.

On the other hand, characters like my Medium stamblade or my Light Mag sorc which are built for sustain (i.e. sacrifice survivability/damage for sustain) are hit immensely by this change as they either run a significant amount of recovery bonuses or a dedicated sustain set. I am now being punished extremely for building for sustain when I probably have 2/3 of the stats (damage and survivability wise) that those who don't build for sustain have.

If this change is designed to prevent players from getting over 2k recovery, just nerf recovery bonuses. If you're trying to prevent the permablock heal tanks, siphoner is not the way to go. Healing and resource restore is the only way to survive. Some builds have over tuned defences, but this blanket nerf hits the builds not abusing mechanics more than those that do.

Siphoner does not affect Heavy in the same way it affects Medium or Light. IMO it is a bad cp passive that punishes sustain builds unnecessarily. If a build has +3k recovery, they had to sacrifice a lot to get there.

No one is going to run 100 points in siphoner, do you know why? Because siphoner is trash because of which champion line it's in. You are directly reducing your own resource management to get that debuff.

For example... I can save myself a crap ton of stamina on break free or blocking or I can apply a debuff to you that makes zero difference on someone running 3k stamina recovery.. do you know why? Because even knocking 750 off 3k recovery you still have 2250 recovery which is more then enough sustain.

The only time siphoner is decent is on secondary recovery stats and even then those are less value so it takes less off those.

Just because something isn't used doesn't mean negate the fact the its unhealthy for the game. I was more concerned about what kind of builds they want to nerf that "are able to live for an extremely long time through healing and resource restore". Every build survives via healing and resource sustain. Are they trying to nerf every build?
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Armor
    • Light Armor
      • Annulment: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Light Armor.
    • Medium Armor
      • Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.
    • Heavy Armor
      • Immovable: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Heavy Armor. We also increased the duration of this ability to 20 seconds from 13.5 at Rank IV.
      Developer Comments:
      We wanted to make each of the armor types feel more distinct from each other and have you make a more impactful decision when selecting Light, Medium or Heavy. Immovable’s duration was increased duration to help it feel different from the other abilities that provide major Resolve and Ward, and make it worth the button press for tanks who wish to spend Stamina in this way.

This is actually kind of interesting. Heavy armor is crazy dominant in PVP even for DD's. Evasion and annulment are also popular though. This could make some actual trade offs to heavy. On the other hand, sorc has it's own annulment and NB has it's own evasion. Still, I think it is a good change and it looks like good thinking behind it.

[*]Lotus Flower: This ability and its morphs will now restore health on partially-charged Heavy Attacks, equal to the amount of health restored on Light Attacks.

What! I though medium attacks were supposed to do massively nerfed damage, return no resources, proc nothing and, become a useful heavy with damage, resources and procs only at an indecipherable time well shy of the animation.

Well, I guess having it proc one ability on a class nobody uses is OK since nobody will notice.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on October 3, 2017 3:13AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rk110132 wrote: »
    So the value of the Perfected Asylum Destro has been effectively cut in half. It was only slightly beating out a 4th trials piece staff already on solo dummy parses. I guess it's another case of PvP considerations gutting useful items for PvE.

Rip my beautiful Asylum rotation. You were too young!

Ok I tested and got 83% off balance uptime on nightblade didnt test on sorc and my dps was 36k not very good in doing good dps but I think its slightly nerfed not a very big deal need to sustain 2 force pulse per rotation and 3 for non perfect asylum staff

@rk110132
    I did a bunch of parses tonight. When the stars aligned, I was able to get 42k again, which was the highest I got with the original version, but all "normal" parses were regularly lower, more like 40k instead of 41k previously. Basically the range I was getting was something like this:
    Asylum 3.2.0 = 39k-41k (42k outlier)
    Asylum 3.2.2 = 38k-40k (42k outlier)
    Trials 4th piece = 37k-39k (highest was 39.9k)

So the nerf isn't huge if you already have a bunch of other sources of Concussed and Burning procing anyway.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just saying it here at the right place.

I know you're still working on this skill so I'm going to show you some points that are completely wrong on this skill. Im here to help.

1 - Before the change solar barrage was a instant cast skill and the most important: it was direct dmg. As a direct dmg and spammable skill the empower buff was reaplied every time because it worked on it, but now solar barrage is a DoT, so empower dnt make sense, it will not work on it.

2 - Templar is a DoT class... so empower will not work on puncturing, proximity, radiant, solar barrage, eclipse, spear, blockade...
    Now it is really uselles will not work on solar barrage like before.

3 - Now solar barrage is a cast time skill and in this game: cast time = very exposed so it needs a good buff to compensate it.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad ZoS is reconsidering their initial idea to make Crystal blast more "appealing."
    only thing that would make that more appealing is giving it ungodly burst damage

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eclipse still completely sucks on all morphs because it is useless in pve. Bosses and even Trolls shrug it off completely so it does nothing.
    Bad change.

Malevolent Offering sacrificing health to heal? That's stupid solo and mostly useless in a group because it is still too risky on difficult content, where you would need the heals, and dumb to have a skill restore the resource it already took more away of especially to a single target. That's like spending 10000 magicka to restore 5000 magicka to a single target, always a loss.
    Sorry, this skill is just dumb.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on October 3, 2017 4:22AM
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non perfect asylum destro nerfed to the ground PVE wise... 3 force pulses means you're forced to do perfect rotations, with 0 latency or framerate issues in order to make it "work" in some sort of way. Such pro-ness is achievable by people who would get the perfect version anyway.

Not to mention it has heavy competition with 4th set bonuses that gives a flat increase on base stats like SD or crit...

I have to test it out but a better nerf to the staff would be to make it work as a proc set like it was before but with a longer cooldown. Make both versions proc on the first or second force pulse and add an X second cooldown with a longer cooldown on non perfect version.

So if a full rotation is usually considered in line with the elemental blockade duration of 8s I'd suggest reverting the Asylum destro to a 100% proc chance but adding an 8s cooldown on perfect and 9/10s cooldown on non perfect. This way the staff can be somewhat useful for those of us who usually derp on rotations but can rely on a proc every one of two rotations.

I really think with the amount of sorcs with it there probably won't be an issue.and perhaps add a 50% chance to proc on the second for the imperfect.
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, let me review the healing ult change.

Problem people had with the healing ult:
    - Very cheap
    - As its a HoT, the problem was never full the HoT. It was the fact that it has high instant healing compared to the cost before the HoT even happens

What ZOS changes:
    - Reduce healing over time and the hots morph

I already lost the *** logic behind it here but lets continue to think about what happens now.

The healing morph became weaker, meaning the ult regen one became more attractive while the cost stayed the same.

So ZOS basically is saying "we need MORE Wardens spamming this skill, please spam it all the way up our ass, please!"
    *** hell... even keeping the skill the same but increasing the cost by 33% would have been a better idea
    Nice! You guys did EXACTLY what I hoped for regarding Trees :)

If this is your idea of a good change for EITHER of the sides. I got no words.
    Edited by Timeraider on October 3, 2017 5:27AM
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No fixes to Radiant Destruction and Sweeps????
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel
    Edited by Qbiken on October 3, 2017 6:14AM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any more clarification on the reason to gut DK's?

Sorc has the same CC but is better in every way (because that was needed)

even the armor skills restriction is a nerf to DK's who use tava's and evasion to generate ult. . .there a point blank class with no range and a debilitating reliance on ults!

did you increase the duration of the CC immunity on the heavy armor skill? no point in increasing the duration to 20 seconds if your going to require it being used every few seconds anyway. also acting like tanks want to spend stamina on the major resists is silly, that's one of the few magicka dumps tanks have, stamina is precious enough as it is.

if your going to destroy this class patch after patch can you at least add a class change token so those of us stupid enough to still be playing them can jump ship already.
    Edited by Wing on October 3, 2017 6:38AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • wizzard
    wizzard
    ✭✭
    Really Zenimax? Again u listen to QQ's only? There are so many things to do with the class balance, and u basically just nerf the new asylum destro staff?
    Magdks magplars dead magsorcs nerfd down to zero and ppl still QQ cuz of the frag

If u really ask me U can get nr1 in mmo's if u just separate pvp from pve.. like u enter cyrodiil and u have different cps the skills deal less/more dmg less/more healing (so if u change something in pvp it doesn't effect pve)

We gain cps but instead of getting better u just nerf us from time to time this is not acceptable

I don't know who u listen to when it comes to feedback but if u want to gain more players "buff" the classes to an equal dps/ healing/ dmg absorp

U always nerfing things... look in your community who is playing magplars magdks magsorcs in pve anymore (now ppl will QQ about sorcs again) I remember of these Nrs Magsorcs one TAMRIEL dps 47k - now without cheese or any stupid skill normal rotation no double pet no mines it comes to 41k... 6k dps loss is killing a class magplars aswell magdks aswell (they steal the spot of a good stamboy)

Every1 in this game should b able to play the class which they want.. u want to grow the community and let ppl have fun in this game? Than give them the chances to play their favorite classes where they want give them equal ability powers and separate pvp from pve than u win...

I hope this statement doesn't get into a trash discussion cuz I m speaking 4 many goodplayers and a big community behind

• SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but this is ridiculous. Again a nerf to Warden. This class needs buffs instead of nerfs. No support buff, no survival buff, just a support+survival nerf, great. Pissed off because of PvP again. Thanks.

Another ussue of mine: at least if you want us to wear Torug's as tank, change the useless spelldmg buff to phys resist. The squishy magblades will love this as well :D

I know that besides all the other issues, these are minor, but still, annoyable.
  • wizzard
    wizzard
    ✭✭
    *Mag and stam warden I didn't even mentioned in my statement cuz they are too low anyway, ppl just play it as an off tank/Main tank in pve and stam warden pvp(another healing bot)

A new class shd bring also a bit more powerful skills to the game(pve wise as an dmg dealer)
    Edited by wizzard on October 3, 2017 7:17AM
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm... Upon thinking about the Grim Focus change, I really really do not see the need to reduce the speed of the projectile by 10%.

Agreed. It's already a slow projectile as it is.

• mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

STILL waiting on those DPS buffs to Warden, ZOS. Why are you ignoring this?

Because MagWardens in PvP are already OP.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can see new agony and it's morphs are nothing good... I wonder when somebody from ZOS will test how good NB healer is and what he is lacking... There is no need for yet another HoT heal from NB... we need burst heal instead to be at least bit more good in healing job... Not gonna use that not so good heal skill, still preffer mutagen + combat prayer instead of funnel health and offering because mutagen resto staff gives us longer HoT and in case something goes wrong is consumed to heal for much needed burst and combat prayer buffs 8% dmg, burst heal, and give minor resistances.

Remember healer is also supposed to give resources back and buff players with dmg for example or more weapon/spell dmg and burst heal in case anything goes wrong, with those siphon skill tree we lack everything except sap essence maybe if there is 1 vs X situation... In some situations you cannot outheal the dmg done to group with just HoT effects.

And also @ZOS_Wrobel please consider increasing range of ultimate Soul Siphon (Link to this not appreciated enough ultimate after clicking on the name of the skill - it's my own tooltip unbuffed on current no PTS game) to beincreased to 20-25m radius & made cheaper to 100-120 ulti cost max, I would love it tbh... as people can roll dodge boss attack 1 second 2 late and still be out of 15m range from my heal or leave its cost as it is and make this change: 28m range but healing up to 6 lowest heal players within the range - the player healed by this skill cannot be healed again by Soul Siphon for 10 seconds.

That would make this skill very good for playing as NB healer on dung runs/trials, give the much needed burst heal (even tho only as ultimate) and not make it 2 overpowered/abused in PvP.

Also if it won't be 2 hard on you my dear ZOS would it hurt to make actual good healer monster sets? The ones we have now are trash... Sentinel of Rkugamz is a nice set that recovers stamina and makes AoE heal zone for players but in most runs without trained group players don't stand on it or the dwemer spider that is summoned goes god knows where and heals rock instead of players, would be nice if we would be able to direct that spider somehow to tank, than at Vet runs at least it would do any good, for now gonna drop it as it makes overall 4,5% total heals during vet dung runs...

Chokethorn is way 2 random... would be nice if it would heal lowest health pool player instead, as for the Nightflame 6% chance to proc only... for real !!!??? and nobody rly stands in place same issue as wtih Rkugamz.

Now my hope lasts with 2 monster sets I am yet to test and obtain:

1. Blood Spawn - to make healer more tanky and generate ultimate faster as to get that burst heal more often from ultimate

2. Earthgore - to have "oh ***" heal when my ultimate was used recently, even though this set got such huge cool down time imagine situation where you treat it like another ultimate, also this set procs with HoT so you would just have to make sure that you got mutagen/rapid regen all the time on group.
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Nope. They should have something against Templars, as well as MagDKs, as they are the most gutted classes since Morrowind came out. They never were able to recovery from sustain nerfs, as they were both relying on a class spammable that it is almost impossible to sustain with the sustains nerf. PvE wise they are dead.

PvP wise, imho at the moment the game is quite well balanced (with MagWardens and StamWardens being the only specs that are slightly overperforming).

PvE wise, there are only Stamina specs and MagSorcs. Any other Mag spec is pretty much dead at the moment.

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Ok. Please give us old petrify. This thing we have now is pure F S.

About armor skills not being usefull below 5 pieces of that armor type. This might be too much, if you ask me. Make it at least 2 piece requirement, and make it less proficient than if used on 5 pieces. For example:
    • 2 pieces - 70% of effect
    • 3 pieces - 80% of effect
    • 4 pieces - 90% of effect
    • 5 pieces -100% of effect
    • 6 pieces - 110% of effect
    • 7 pieces - 120% of effect
    This might be interesting, would not completely disable usage of shuffle on heavy armor builds, and a lot of magicka builds in PvP would not lose their only shield. The way you did this makes sorcerers even stronger in PvP, and that is just stupid.

No, it effectively removes double shielding for heavy-sorcs. It's a very good and welcomed change, in my opinion.

Finally addressing the issue of "everyone wear heavy" regardless of the class. At least a bit.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I'm also waiting for the day they finally decide to balance PVP separately from PVE. I'm getting the feeling that day will never come.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wizzard wrote: »
    If u really ask me U can get nr1 in mmo's if u just separate pvp from pve.. like u enter cyrodiil and u have different cps the skills deal less/more dmg less/more healing (so if u change something in pvp it doesn't effect pve)

I very much agree! Please, for the love of whatever deity you pray to, stop making PVEers' lives miserable for the sake of trying to make PVPers' better!!
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This passive ability will be more useful for tanks who weren’t able to get killing blows
    Thats a good one, ZOS. Please, any NB tanks who use killer's blade, incap strike or other morph, ambush or assassin’s will/scourge proc, raise your hand.

My thoughts exactly, my magblade tank certainly doesn't use any of the Assasination abilities. Please ZOS, does anyone of you actually play a nightblade tank ? Doesn't look that way ....
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This passive ability will be more useful for tanks who weren’t able to get killing blows
    Thats a good one, ZOS. Please, any NB tanks who use killer's blade, incap strike or other morph, ambush or assassin’s will/scourge proc, raise your hand.

My thoughts exactly, my magblade tank certainly doesn't use any of the Assasination abilities. Please ZOS, does anyone of you actually play a nightblade tank ? Doesn't look that way ....

They don't play NB healer also... seems most of them play sorcs...
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »

Nope. They should have something against Templars, as well as MagDKs, as they are the most gutted classes since Morrowind came out. They never were able to recovery from sustain nerfs, as they were both relying on a class spammable that it is almost impossible to sustain with the sustains nerf. PvE wise they are dead.

PvP wise, imho at the moment the game is quite well balanced (with MagWardens and StamWardens being the only specs that are slightly overperforming).

PvE wise, there are only Stamina specs and MagSorcs. Any other Mag spec is pretty much dead at the moment.

Magplar can sustain in it current state, but when 2 of their main dps skills does less damage than intended, that´s a huge issue.