The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.2

• sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No point in running the new trial, I doubt I will get the dlc. The weapons are not worth it especially not the destro staff.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    "Secluded Grove: Reduced the healing over time done by this ability and its morphs by approximately 33%."

STILL waiting on those DPS buffs to Warden, ZOS. Why are you ignoring this?

They dont want it to dps
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unstable core needs further testing to see if the delayed DMG will happen directly after the event will cc break.

But here's my thoughts:

- I had a buffed tooltip of 5300 on the last pts patch. 50% buffed would be around 7950 DMG for the delayed portion. I was at 31k mag, 3000 SD.

Being tied to the cc immunity is still a hindrance, as that cc immunity stops your own burst rotation to deny the enemy the ability to heal/dodge. The most consistent way this is done with other spells/classes is through knock down/stuns as your attacks will be stopping then from controlling their toon enough to slip in that burst.

UC, requires the enemy to attack you, but all they have to do is block to ignore it all, and be granted cc immunity afterwards with no drawback since that DMG is also blockable. If cc immunity is still the intended "cooldown" for UC, it must force the enemy to take the risk in breaking early, either by a debuff to their DMG that lingers past the cc immunity duration (like a reduction to their weapon damage/spell damage) or a buff to your dmg (minor berserk). Or the DMG can be 70% higher instead of 50% or the delayed DMG can be unblockable/undodgeable forcing players to either delay the DMG or break free early but take the damage early.

Either way cc immunity destroys the DMG potential of the spell and hinders Templar burst rotations.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi. Is there any chance that a lone Transmute crystal could be added to the rewards bag when one completes a Sacrament or Heist with all bonus objectives? It wouldn't imbalance anything and it would make these activities a little more rewarding than they are now.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the bear for the warden is still worthless. Its wayyyy more beneficial to use a damage ultimate and a healing ultimate rather than a bear in both slots that never attacks the correct target and runs around like it's lost in the woods.
    Edited by Hutch679 on October 2, 2017 9:00PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove some less than constructive comments from this thread. We understand patch note releases can bring some uncertainty but we ask that you stay on topic and constructive. Keep in mind that bashing and flaming are both against the Forum Rules. For further posts please feel free to constructively display your feedback with meaningful content that will aide in future development.

Thank you for understanding.

I apologize if my blunt comments were taken in an offending manner.

However there is no Uncertainty about the poor state of the Bow CC nor the bow performance in any sphere.

I have provided multiple parses showing how poorly the Asylum bow performs compared to Virtually anything else. There are no veteran trial performing bow builds, they are in a state between complete ignorance or communal laughter.

Why have Snipe, Scatter Shot, or even Acid Spray if the goal is for bows to only be back bar support?

The bow has been nerfed to the ground because of ganking. Yet the Asylum bow's only possible upside is for ganking. How is that rationalized?

Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This passive ability will be more useful for tanks who weren’t able to get killing blows
    Thats a good one, ZOS. Please, any NB tanks who use killer's blade, incap strike or other morph, ambush or assassin’s will/scourge proc, raise your hand.
    Edited by inf.toniceb17_ESO on October 2, 2017 9:04PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So icreased duration of immovable but does that include the CC immunity? I just don't find the armor buff that useful
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Assassination
    Executioner: This passive ability no longer requires you to get the killing blow with an Assassination ability to trigger its resource return; it now has a 2-second grace period after damaging the enemy with an Assassination ability where it can still trigger the proc. It also now restores either Magicka or Stamina, whichever you have a higher maximum of, and restores that resource instantly instead of over 6 seconds.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoilerhide
    This passive ability will be more useful for tanks who weren’t able to get killing blows, and stamina Nightblades who can now get stamina. It also makes the proc more reliable in multiplayer situation where multiple players attacking the enemy.

Interesting... Would have been nice if you had undone your hateful nerf of Repentance instead of just giving stamblade Repentance Ultra 2.0

Guys, really?
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno you have to stop this balancing changes. 3 years now and no straight line what you want. This is one of the things why so many players leave this game. This is my constructive opinion. Do with it what you want.

No one understands the problem with petrify. What is with the sorc rune?
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Inb4 "Make BG'S Great Again." As soon as those who pushed for CP hop into BG'S, they will realize mistakes were made.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice balance changes, sad they are bad and not what we asked for.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Siphoner: This champion passive now reduces the enemy’s Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery by 25% at 100 points, up from 15%.
    Developer Comments:
    Siphoner will now be a better counter against builds that are able to live for an extremely long time through healing and resource restore.

What builds is this change supposed to be targeting?

25% reduction is HUGE. My heavy Armor Stam DK, which only uses Dubious Camoran for sustain is barely affected by this change as it only runs 1.2k recovery. My stam dk trades sustain for survivability and damage and is able to take far more damage than my other characters and is still able to dish it out. And no, I am not running block glyphs, legion or impregnable.

On the other hand, characters like my Medium stamblade or my Light Mag sorc which are built for sustain (i.e. sacrifice survivability/damage for sustain) are hit immensely by this change as they either run a significant amount of recovery bonuses or a dedicated sustain set. I am now being punished extremely for building for sustain when I probably have 2/3 of the stats (damage and survivability wise) that those who don't build for sustain have.

If this change is designed to prevent players from getting over 2k recovery, just nerf recovery bonuses. If you're trying to prevent the permablock heal tanks, siphoner is not the way to go. Healing and resource restore is the only way to survive. Some builds have over tuned defences, but this blanket nerf hits the builds not abusing mechanics more than those that do.

Siphoner does not affect Heavy in the same way it affects Medium or Light. IMO it is a bad cp passive that punishes sustain builds unnecessarily. If a build has +3k recovery, they had to sacrifice a lot to get there.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So icreased duration of immovable but does that include the CC immunity? I just don't find the armor buff that useful

Seems like 8 seconds would be reasonable, although an added soft CC immunity for casting Immovable would also be a positive change. It's a fairly expensive means to getting Major Ward/Resolve. On the other hand, it does reduce break free cost with one morph (20% at 5 pieces) and increase duration with the other.
    Added snare immunity to match the hard CC immunity would make Immovable an attractive option.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    This, nearly all class sources to get these buffs are much cheaper and five seconds of CC immunity is way to short of a duration to justify the high cost of running Immovable instead.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok. Please give us old petrify. This thing we have now is pure F S.

About armor skills not being usefull below 5 pieces of that armor type. This might be too much, if you ask me. Make it at least 2 piece requirement, and make it less proficient than if used on 5 pieces. For example:
    • 2 pieces - 70% of effect
    • 3 pieces - 80% of effect
    • 4 pieces - 90% of effect
    • 5 pieces -100% of effect
    • 6 pieces - 110% of effect
    • 7 pieces - 120% of effect
    This might be interesting, would not completely disable usage of shuffle on heavy armor builds, and a lot of magicka builds in PvP would not lose their only shield. The way you did this makes sorcerers even stronger in PvP, and that is just stupid.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Concentrated Force (Asylum Destro Staff): This Item Set’s proc now causes every second Force Shock you cast to always apply the Burning, Concussion, and Chilled status effects. The bonus visual effects on Force Shock will now only display when this proc occurs, instead of on every cast of Force Shock."

Not good enough.

Force Shock is a non-class-restricted spammable. People don't use it every ten seconds; they use it often. Certainly more than once in the time those elemental effects remain active. This change does nothing. It's still incredibly overpowered.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get this logic. You do this:

Petrify: Reduced the range of this ability and its morphs to 8 meters from 15 meters.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoiler

This change helps further differentiate the Petrify and Stonefist abilities, and makes it more risky for the Dragonknight to apply Petrify’s instant, unavoidable crowd control on an enemy.

But then you add to the earlier PTS (3.2.0) the change below for Sorcs... and keep the 40+ meter range, that this same unavoidable CC will be applied in PvP by Sorcs. Shouldn't this be toned down as well to make the Sorcs come in close to apply?:

from 3.2.0 Rune Prison: This ability and its morphs are no longer 30-second disorients. Instead, they are 2.5-second stuns that cannot be blocked or dodged, and they can be placed on multiple targets.

You mention the range reduction of Petrify as counterplay on ESO live, but then give Sorcs an even better version of it and let them keep 41m range. Petrify and Stonefist are already differentiated in range on live as is. 15m vs 41m (in PvP). Am I missing something?

This guys gets it. We pleaded to buff stone fist because petrify is a better cc. Tempt us with a good stone fist morph that'll make us want to gamble on the cc. Instead sorc gets a copy of a class defining dk skill that has more range than stonefist. I hope zos is planning to have this all sorted by next pts notes
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please buff magicka melee classes to find our place in trials, thanks
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, definitely making the NB execute a little more appealing over the 2H execute. And it seems like PvP is really going to be a viable way to get transmute crystals.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm so overall nerf of Asylum destro and making non perfected version 50% weaker then perfected one which is the highest difference between all Asylum weapons ? Previously non perfected destro staffs versions were just 25% weaker which was one of the highest differences and now it's even higher. GG...
    Edited by Juhasow on October 2, 2017 10:36PM
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This passive ability will be more useful for tanks who weren’t able to get killing blows
    Thats a good one, ZOS. Please, any NB tanks who use killer's blade, incap strike or other morph, ambush or assassin’s will/scourge proc, raise your hand.

I was going to bring up Blur but you have to damage the enemy so lol...

It's a great change for DPS but you might want to reconsider that line of thinking, guys.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    [*]Siphoner: This champion passive now reduces the enemy’s Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery by 25% at 100 points, up from 15%.
    Developer Comments:
    Siphoner will now be a better counter against builds that are able to live for an extremely long time through healing and resource restore.

What builds is this change supposed to be targeting?

25% reduction is HUGE. My heavy Armor Stam DK, which only uses Dubious Camoran for sustain is barely affected by this change as it only runs 1.2k recovery. My stam dk trades sustain for survivability and damage and is able to take far more damage than my other characters and is still able to dish it out. And no, I am not running block glyphs, legion or impregnable.

On the other hand, characters like my Medium stamblade or my Light Mag sorc which are built for sustain (i.e. sacrifice survivability/damage for sustain) are hit immensely by this change as they either run a significant amount of recovery bonuses or a dedicated sustain set. I am now being punished extremely for building for sustain when I probably have 2/3 of the stats (damage and survivability wise) that those who don't build for sustain have.

If this change is designed to prevent players from getting over 2k recovery, just nerf recovery bonuses. If you're trying to prevent the permablock heal tanks, siphoner is not the way to go. Healing and resource restore is the only way to survive. Some builds have over tuned defences, but this blanket nerf hits the builds not abusing mechanics more than those that do.

Siphoner does not affect Heavy in the same way it affects Medium or Light. IMO it is a bad cp passive that punishes sustain builds unnecessarily. If a build has +3k recovery, they had to sacrifice a lot to get there.

No one is going to run 100 points in siphoner, do you know why? Because siphoner is trash because of which champion line it's in. You are directly reducing your own resource management to get that debuff.

For example... I can save myself a crap ton of stamina on break free or blocking or I can apply a debuff to you that makes zero difference on someone running 3k stamina recovery.. do you know why? Because even knocking 750 off 3k recovery you still have 2250 recovery which is more then enough sustain.

The only time siphoner is decent is on secondary recovery stats and even then those are less value so it takes less off those.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who asked for a unstable core buff? I mean...thanks lol its great...but arent you trying to get players to use total dark and solar barrage? I dont think you accomplish this by massively buffing unstable core and ignoring the other two further.

I cannot accually believe how many skills magplar have at theor disposal that are just for damage. I think most of us are quite satisfied with puncturing sweeps, blazing spear and maybe now solar barrage added into the mix for damage. Now though i have so many options for damage its kinda rediculous. And lets get real...not many players are going to want to use different set ups other than the same that we have been. Since were still limited by GCD were better off smacking them with sweeps more often than trying to juggle a rotation in PvP. What we DID ask for was a non generic CC effect. You dropped the ball on total dark...again, i think it now will be one of the most tinkered with ability in game as far as changing the way it works almost completely so many times.

I think what magplar really need are to have skills morphs act more similarly to each other. For example. You have solar barrage, blazing spear, and unstable core, all three are an AoE damage skill (as in damage is the reason to take the morph). They just deal danage slightly different, solar barrage now follows the caster, unstable core is delayed burst that follows the target, and blazing spear stays where you throw it.

Why dont you make solar barrage cast somthing like three flares at the target over a castime, make it accually feel like a barrage, and still seem reminiscent of the original flare unmorphed version. With ecplipse, keep them both CC effects, and not have one a damage effect...or and heres a better idea, make solar barrage in its current form take the place of eclipse and just delete it since you cannot make it right, then give it another effect for another morph...maybe like unstable core that is target based. Lastly for CC. Delete healing ritual....please just delete it, and give us back blinding flashes. An AOE that is caster based and an absolutely original CC no one else can use with the blind set.

• Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of unhappy as to the change in Armor abilities. Mainly because this means I can't use them for roleplay.
          In verity.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    "Secluded Grove: Reduced the healing over time done by this ability and its morphs by approximately 33%."

STILL waiting on those DPS buffs to Warden, ZOS. Why are you ignoring this?

Maybe they need a great big cookie :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Master Gatherer perk from The Lover constellation is also broken.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »
    "Concentrated Force (Asylum Destro Staff): This Item Set’s proc now causes every second Force Shock you cast to always apply the Burning, Concussion, and Chilled status effects. The bonus visual effects on Force Shock will now only display when this proc occurs, instead of on every cast of Force Shock."

Not good enough.

Force Shock is a non-class-restricted spammable. People don't use it every ten seconds; they use it often. Certainly more than once in the time those elemental effects remain active. This change does nothing. It's still incredibly overpowered.

Its not that bad. 2x force pulse on the best one. GL farming that man.

@ZOS_Wrobel

Feeling like fixing all these DK bugs and unnerfing some of the mess with the class?

Leap: Bugs, costs ulti, also got ninja nerfed to stop leap2keep. Never got reverted after the fix.

Wings: Costs much too much, shields that absorb lots of damage and prevent status effects are cheap and spammable, wings takes status effects, only reflects some abilities, super expensive. And 2 limits to duration Woefully underpowered. Make it reflect pulse again. Either infinite time limited projectiles, or infinite projectiles limited time.

Chains: Height issues, projectile has to travel, auto CC immunity, sad. Gapclose is trash, and doesn't belong on DK tbh. Rework to completely different utility

Stonefist: Rework into a pull that stuns and then pulls, but doesn't give cc immunity unless the stun is broken.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 2, 2017 11:19PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    jrgray93 wrote: »

Not good enough.

Its not that bad. 2x force pulse on the best one. GL farming that man.

@ZOS_Wrobel

Feeling like fixing all these DK bugs and unnerfing some of the mess with the class?

Leap: Bugs, costs ulti, also got ninja nerfed to stop leap2keep. Never got reverted after the fix.

Wings: Costs much too much, shields that absorb lots of damage and prevent status effects are cheap and spammable, wings takes status effects, only reflects some abilities, super expensive. And 2 limits to duration Woefully underpowered. Make it reflect pulse again. Either infinite time limited projectiles, or infinite projectiles limited time.

Chains: Height issues, projectile has to travel, auto CC immunity, sad. Gapclose is trash, and doesn't belong on DK tbh. Rework to completely different utility

Stonefist: Rework into a pull that stuns and then pulls, but doesn't give cc immunity unless the stun is broken.

Bro, that stone fist idea is ridiculously OP. You can't have a CC that doesn't give immunity. Beyond which that would serve the same purpose as chains.

Turning Stone Fist into another gap closer doesn't really fix anything. Same issues currently with Petrify vs Stone Fist would exist with Chains and any form of Stone Fist gap closer.

We really don't need a gap closer, 2/3 of the stam weapons that want a gap closer have one. The fighters guilds gives a really bad one. Mag DKs already have one in chains, and they really don't need to be able to lock people down further than they already can.

Mag DK only suffers from poor group utility and making Stone Fist a gap closer won't fix that.

Leap does bug out, that I can agree is something that should be fixed.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on October 3, 2017 12:31AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non perfect asylum destro nerfed to the ground PVE wise... 3 force pulses means you're forced to do perfect rotations, with 0 latency or framerate issues in order to make it "work" in some sort of way. Such pro-ness is achievable by people who would get the perfect version anyway.

Not to mention it has heavy competition with 4th set bonuses that gives a flat increase on base stats like SD or crit...

I have to test it out but a better nerf to the staff would be to make it work as a proc set like it was before but with a longer cooldown. Make both versions proc on the first or second force pulse and add an X second cooldown with a longer cooldown on non perfect version.

So if a full rotation is usually considered in line with the elemental blockade duration of 8s I'd suggest reverting the Asylum destro to a 100% proc chance but adding an 8s cooldown on perfect and 9/10s cooldown on non perfect. This way the staff can be somewhat useful for those of us who usually derp on rotations but can rely on a proc every one of two rotations.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk