Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crystal Frags nerf?! No stun

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Its a nerf; but honestly...It was needed..it could be come an instant cast CC that's one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game.

Though Crystal Blast is still ***....That ability just needs a rework
    "instant cast CC that's one of the hardest hitting abilities"...and also the most telegraphed, counterable, avoidable and RNG dependent CC "in the game". I'm sure that part just slipped your mind?

The whole idea that Frags "needed" to be nerfed is a false narrative to begin with.

Rofl, I play a sorc mate...You're not going to sway me with that ***... The most telegraphed move in the game? Please son... Unless you're a good range away from the Sorc when he cast it you're going to take that Frag to the face most of the time. Range Dependent CC is also a load of crap as well...It procs constantly... enough that you will get it every 8 seconds with the CC immunity.

In all honesty...This is a damn buff in my opinion for the Sorc; You're losing the random CC nature of it but gaining the ability to setup a guaranteed burst combo that screws most of the people in this game over.

No more holding back that crystal frag to line up the CC. Now you just to machine gun that crap out over and over again and every 8 seconds unload a massive burst on someone that's unavoidable.
    Ya, only that you are losing a skill slot for it, and on half of fights or more, i'll be able to cc break and dodge before the frag lands cause you are too far away. Terrible change, really.

Rofl, you're not going to CC and dodge roll before the frag lands..Do you know why? Because Runic works like Petrify did..I'm going to Frag you, then CC you instantly that can't be avoided right before it lands and you're going to eat the frag...EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I'll gladly give up a skill slot to land my burst every 8 seconds guaranteed on you.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a nerf; but honestly...It was needed..it could be come an instant cast CC that's one of the hardest hitting abilities in the game.

"instant cast CC that's one of the hardest hitting abilities"...and also the most telegraphed, counterable, avoidable and RNG dependent CC "in the game". I'm sure that part just slipped your mind?

The whole idea that Frags "needed" to be nerfed is a false narrative to begin with.

Rofl, I play a sorc mate...You're not going to sway me with that ***... The most telegraphed move in the game? Please son... Unless you're a good range away from the Sorc when he cast it you're going to take that Frag to the face most of the time. Range Dependent CC is also a load of crap as well...It procs constantly... enough that you will get it every 8 seconds with the CC immunity.

In all honesty...This is a damn buff in my opinion for the Sorc; You're losing the random CC nature of it but gaining the ability to setup a guaranteed burst combo that screws most of the people in this game over.

No more holding back that crystal frag to line up the CC. Now you just to machine gun that crap out over and over again and every 8 seconds unload a massive burst on someone that's unavoidable.
    Ya, only that you are losing a skill slot for it, and on half of fights or more, i'll be able to cc break and dodge before the frag lands cause you are too far away. Terrible change, really.

Rofl, you're not going to CC and dodge roll before the frag lands..Do you know why? Because Runic works like Petrify did..I'm going to Frag you, then CC you instantly that can't be avoided right before it lands and you're going to eat the frag...EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I'll gladly give up a skill slot to land my burst every 8 seconds guaranteed on you.

I'm sorry but how is that a good thing, 'guaranteed burst'? Apart from being pushed into using a combo or an ability to 'be the most effective player you can' (which is wrong in of itself), things like this can never help us enjoy a more balanced game.

Instead, we'll all be playing a boring stale 'meta' (because everyone just wants to 'win') and then change it every couple of months when an update or two launches.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

I can agree with the change. I think it's laughable though if people start saying this is a Sorc buff just to keep the trend going :lol:

See the way i look at it; I'm throwing out Crystal Frags on players right now, they end up getting CCed by the random crystal frags and then I don't have the CC when I need to line up the burst. Now I can hold back on my CF to line up the burst but now after the change i'll no longer have to worry about giving CC immunity to the target when I don't want.

Granted this change is a kick in the nuts to random zerging Sorc *** who just like to Waylay solo players..So I can see why they would ***.... But they gain Runic which is going to be silly.....Throw in that stupid staff coming and Sorcs bout to get a power bump...

They already nerfed the staff for PvP - not worth running anymore.

Also believe me it's quite a nerf to Sorc burst since you'll need an entirely different skill to put out your CC. You can't just deal big damage with the inherent CC anymore by using crystal frags. Using Rune Cage means unslotting a different skill and there's like no room at all.

It was changed for the exact reason that it would be a nerf.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can agree with the change. I think it's laughable though if people start saying this is a Sorc buff just to keep the trend going :lol:

See the way i look at it; I'm throwing out Crystal Frags on players right now, they end up getting CCed by the random crystal frags and then I don't have the CC when I need to line up the burst. Now I can hold back on my CF to line up the burst but now after the change i'll no longer have to worry about giving CC immunity to the target when I don't want.

Granted this change is a kick in the nuts to random zerging Sorc *** who just like to Waylay solo players..So I can see why they would ***.... But they gain Runic which is going to be silly.....Throw in that stupid staff coming and Sorcs bout to get a power bump...

Also believe me it's quite a nerf to Sorc burst since you'll need an entirely different skill to put out your CC. You can't just deal big damage with the inherent CC anymore by using crystal frags. Using Rune Cage means unslotting a different skill and there's like no room at all.

Its a nerf to sorc burst? You just had Holo trying to tell me how Crystal Frags is the most dodgable blatant telegraphed move in the game, and you're telling me its a nerf because you have to unslot a skill and slot an ability that goes through block/dodge and instantly CC's the target for a 2.5 second stun that cannot be avoided....you're getting the ability to prime all your burst to be unavoidable and you're upset that you have to drop an ability off your bar.

As for dealing big damage with inherent CC, that's hit or miss..When you're zerging some poor chap down its super good..However in some fights I don't wanna waste my CC before I setup my burst attacks.

Either way the very fact that Runic Cage now exists for Sorc is a massive buff to them...

Also how did they nerf the staff for PvP?
    Edited by Xsorus on September 30, 2017 6:25AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry but how is that a good thing, 'guaranteed burst'? Apart from being pushed into using a combo or an ability to 'be the most effective player you can' (which is wrong in of itself), things like this can never help us enjoy a more balanced game.

Instead, we'll all be playing a boring stale 'meta' (because everyone just wants to 'win') and then change it every couple of months when an update or two launches.

I'm confused about what you're going on about? I don't think Sorc should have Runic Cage with how it is on PTS.

Its stupid....However whining about Frag losing a knockdown when you got Runic Cage on PTS is silly....You have Runic Cage now...Yes it takes a bar slot up...However its worth taking that Bar slot because its that bloody op.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a nerf to sorc burst? You just had Holo trying to tell me how Crystal Frags is the most dodgable blatant telegraphed move in the game, and you're telling me its a nerf because you have to unslot a skill and slot an ability that goes through block/dodge and instantly CC's the target for a 2.5 second stun that cannot be avoided....you're getting the ability to prime all your burst to be unavoidable and you're upset that you have to drop an ability off your bar.

As for dealing big damage with inherent CC, that's hit or miss..When you're zerging some poor chap down its super good..However in some fights I don't wanna waste my CC before I setup my burst attacks.

Either way the very fact that Runic Cage now exists for Sorc is a massive buff to them...

Oh I see..... you're one of the people that can never be convinced that Sorcs aren't anything but super OP, and every change is a buff no questions asked...

Good day to you. This really won't go anywhere lol
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrobel took away CC from Templars
    because Templars were too much fun.

Now he takes away CC from Sorcs too,
    because this game clearly needs more reduction in fun.

Dear Mr.Wrobel, does it really not come to your mind?
    Without the stun, the spell is not working good anymore for beginners

This was the 1st spell I used in ESO years ago for my fresh Sorc.
    Without the stun, I probably would have dumped the skill immediately...

Edited by BalticBlues on September 30, 2017 6:44AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep em coming wrobel. Must have changed classes.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna have to test it out but all things considered I don't think it's the end of the world. It's a major nerf to the skill itself for sure, but also one that presents room for adaptation and innovation of the way sorc is played. While often the stun from frags is essential to securing a kill, equally it sometimes stuns at times that are sub optimal. It's not at all how I'd handle these changes, but I also don't think it's gonna be class breaking in the way that the initial curse nerf would have been. I fully intend to play a dual wield build next patch though and this change is gonna hurt staff builds much more as they don't have as much bar flexibility.

My only hope is that the whining anti-sorc peasantry acknowledges how big of a nerf this is and shuts the *** up. Guarantee if it were flame lash, jabs/sweeps, or any one of the many hallmark NB offensive skills that was getting a core component stripped, the crying and lobbying would be palpable.

A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I see..... you're one of the people that can never be convinced that Sorcs aren't anything but super OP, and every change is a buff no questions asked...

I play a sorc mate, I know the capabilities of the class.. I don't have to hate sorcs to know that if you give petrify to the class with the easiest burst in the game to setup it's going to be moronic. The change to frags is just going to force all the sorcs into using the new and improved version right up until it's nerfed cause all the whines.

Mark my words, just like when I called you all idiots for wanting eye of the storm buffed on pts this will end up the same way. It's going to be stupid on live and sorcs are going to eat an even bigger nerf down the road because of it.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Gonna have to test it out but all things considered I don't think it's the end of the world. It's a major nerf to the skill itself for sure, but also one that presents room for adaptation and innovation of the way sorc is played. While often the stun from frags is essential to securing a kill, equally it sometimes stuns at times that are sub optimal. It's not at all how I'd handle these changes, but I also don't think it's gonna be class breaking in the way that the initial curse nerf would have been. I fully intend to play a dual wield build next patch though and this change is gonna hurt staff builds much more as they don't have as much bar flexibility.

My only hope is that the whining anti-sorc peasantry acknowledges how big of a nerf this is and shuts the *** up. Guarantee if it were flame lash, jabs/sweeps, or any one of the many hallmark NB offensive skills that was getting a core component stripped, the crying and lobbying would be palpable.

Thank you for atleast admitting that frags doesn't stun when you want it to sometimes. Was trying to explain it to people on here but you atleast get it some what.

Also didn't jabs have a core mechanic of it removed a long time ago? Like thinking it stunned or rooted or snared if I recall.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yeah jabs knocked people backwards... was a proper jab :smiley:
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah jabs knocked people backwards... was a proper jab :smiley:

That's right; it did that annoying ass knock back.
    Bloody hell I hated that crap.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play a sorc mate, I know the capabilities of the class.. I don't have to hate sorcs to know that if you give petrify to the class with the easiest burst in the game to setup it's going to be moronic. The change to frags is just going to force all the sorcs into using the new and improved version right up until it's nerfed cause all the whines.

Mark my words, just like when I called you all idiots for wanting eye of the storm buffed on pts this will end up the same way. It's going to be stupid on live and sorcs are going to eat an even bigger nerf down the road because of it.

When people asked to buff Elemental Storm (not Eye of the Storm in particular), they did not ask to buff the damage of each tick by the massive 50% damage increase that it got. Likewise, just about every decent player asked for Eye of the Storm in particular to be nerfed due to how crazy it was in PvP after the 50% damage buff.

Don't worry though. wrobel said on ESO Live that they have plans for Eye of the Storm as well. Finally lol
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm confused about what you're going on about? I don't think Sorc should have Runic Cage with how it is on PTS.

Its stupid....However whining about Frag losing a knockdown when you got Runic Cage on PTS is silly....You have Runic Cage now...Yes it takes a bar slot up...However its worth taking that Bar slot because its that bloody op.

Seems to me both of those changes are completely unnecessary and a waste of everyone's time. Frags stun isn't there to keep someone on the ground, it barely lasts anything. It's there to give sorcs an opportunity to do something else during that global cooldown between skills.

Problem with sorcs is that there's nothing spammable, other than force shock and it's morphs, which renders the whole class very tricky to play against competent opponents.

Sorcs are going to become a lesser version of a magicka nightblade very soon. There is just nothing other than bolt escape that seems attractive for pvp, and even then, cloak outperforms it if it doesn't get broken.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    Excellent change, now sorcs will be even more powerful in pvp, able to time burst and full range unblockable stun independently and at the appropriate time without wasting one or the other...

This is the only silver lining. It could actually be beneficial to avoid giving cc immunity until your burst is ready.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is plain stupid . Zos Keeps listening to these cry babies and ruining the game for people. If they only nerf and dont give anything back to the sorcs in the same stroke , then im shelving this game.

Getting sick of this crap and their idea of fix's. PLENTY more skills from other classes that are WAY more OP then this and they dont do shiat about it . Screw this game

Anyone else see the irony here?
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's true, he told all you idiots this...
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m cool with is I have a Stam and Mage Sorc. Having to pick power or CC is not a nerf that’s a great balance move just like Wrecking Blow and Dizzying Swing. You could choose power or CC.

No its not, its a terrible change.

comparing it to Dizzy Swing and Wrecking Blow isn't even in the same ballpark.

Uppercut and its morphs are uninterruptible(which was a stupid change back in 1.6 that i protested greatly),.Crystal Blast can be bashed or Crushing Shock/Venom Arrow spammed and shut down. Its not even close to the same thing...
    You are right, Frags is far superior for being ranged.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, just gotta learn to adapt. Been eyeing a Master inferno staff build for pvp anyways.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never really liked the idea off hard-cc being attached to high-damage abilities.

It suddenly changes the new rune-prison from something of marginal use (due to constant cc-immunity from frags) to something that is very necessary. And I agree with @Xsorus - if you can fit it on your bar, it will be stronger.

But man, its gonna be hard to fit on a pet sorc.. Even a DW pet sorc (like me).

Sounds a lot like the rune-cage change is here to stay despite my protests. I was only gonna run it on my overload bar, as I have a nice little setup that has rune-cage, curse, wrath on the overload bar, and overload light-attacks hitting for up to 17k. That's an unavoidable insta-kill vs some people. Overpowered? Yes.

But looks like I'll be finding space on main bar for it too.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrobel took away CC from Templars
    because Templars were too much fun.

Now he takes away CC from Sorcs too,
    because this game clearly needs more reduction in fun.

Dear Mr.Wrobel, does it really not come to your mind?
    Without the stun, the spell is not working good anymore for beginners

This was the 1st spell I used in ESO years ago for my fresh Sorc.
    Without the stun, I probably would have dumped the skill immediately...

At least they increased the duration of the spear shard after the CC nerf. i don't mean that it's a good change but this stay better than nothing.
    But for the crystal it's different cause they will remvoe the CC from frag and give it to the crystal blast morph... but nobody will ever EVER use this stupid morph cause ...the cast time. and the difference is that the crystal frag morph won't receive any buff cause wrobel think that now it's balance LOL.
    Wrobel announced that the stun is going to be removed from frags and will be given to the crystal blast morph. He stated you will be able to choose between more burst damage or an aoe cc. Need clarification. Doe it mean each shard of the blast can stun? Will frags recieve a damage buff in place of the stun removal?

he stated ? Don't care ,we will have the choice between Crystal frag and destructive clench. NOBODY will use this damn crystal blast...

Edited by Apherius on September 30, 2017 10:42AM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very much doubt it'll stop Sorc qq.

Meanwhile Stam NB likely just became the #1 PvP Stamina build. You need 5-pieces of armor to use armor skills now. Only Stam NB can have Heavy Armor and Major Evasion next patch.

Ever played Heavy Armor Stamblade? Its disgusting.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Idk if you've tested it but: Frags travells slower than Rune Prison. So you go Frags > Rune Prison. There's no CC breaking that in time. Like literally you Frag and then you Rune Prison, the latter hits the target before the former.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

Idk if you've tested it but: Frags travells slower than Rune Prison. So you go Frags > Rune Prison. There's no CC breaking that in time. Like literally you Frag and then you Rune Prison, the latter hits the target before the former.

I've tested on live an that was not the case. Frag had always hit before rune-prison when I tried at long range. So unless that changed rune prison to make it land sooner in the animation, or made frags slower, I can't see that happening.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    Where did he say this? I just watched their live stream and didn't see anything

I posted the comment in this forum
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    So, where is this blatant sorc love people claimed of?

It's a pretty stupid change and I would much prefer just undoing the sorc changes this patch. But it won't change much in the long run. It's mainly used for damage and the ability can be easy blocked or dodged.

Everyone is forgetting sorcs now have petrify. An unblockable/dodgable stun.

Summary, not a buff or a nerf. Now look at DK... Straight nerf'd.
    Edited by ak_pvp on September 30, 2017 11:00AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snipe doesnt have a cc, neither does flare, and wrecking blow also lost its cc, so this has honestly been long time coming.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guys i inderstand the skill..but the specifics are unclear. Is frags getting a damage buff due to loosing its cc and does the each of the aoe shards from blast able to stun multiple targets? Maybe reduce the cast time of blast a little would help.

Nah Frags remains as it is now except it loses the CC. Blast stays the same.

#BothMorphsInstantCastIsTheAnswer

Both morphs should NOT have instant cast. Where is snipes instant cast , hmmm? Why does sorc get to have instant cast high damage abilites and no one else? Templar loses damage for instant cast, uppercut has no instant cast, and snipe has no instant cast.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Guys i inderstand the skill..but the specifics are unclear. Is frags getting a damage buff due to loosing its cc and does the each of the aoe shards from blast able to stun multiple targets? Maybe reduce the cast time of blast a little would help.

Nah Frags remains as it is now except it loses the CC. Blast stays the same.

#BothMorphsInstantCastIsTheAnswer

Both morphs should NOT have instant cast. Where is snipes instant cast , hmmm? Why does sorc get to have instant cast high damage abilites and no one else? Templar loses damage for instant cast, uppercut has no instant cast, and snipe has no instant cast.

No one in the right mind would use snipe in direct engagements, there are other skills better suited, like PI. Do sorcs have the option to do so or do they depend on frags (bc they are instant sometimes), Hmmmmm?