The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Legendary Crate items 100 gems, but motifs are 200!

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
So, the 3 free Reapers Harvest Crates put me just over 100 gems yesterday and I was really excited because I saw that the Bouyant Armiger Motif was in the Legendary category and I have had a terrible time trying to farm this book (2 chapters since Morrowind launch...). Today I go to get it and...unlike the rest of the Legendary crate items the motifs are 200 gems each! This made me very very VERY sad.

If ZoS put the BA book for actual crowns I would probably buy it (and I generally follow the rule that if I can get it in-game I don't buy it on the store - budget and all that), but *cries* it is crates and now I can't even get it with my precious saved up gems:*(
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You were lucky to even get 100 gems in the free crates, the majority of players barely had 20
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 10 gems from the 3 free crates. You got a 100?! And you want to complain? Heh...
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the same price the motif books were last crown crate season.
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think he got 100 gems from the free crates. Pay attention to his wording that the free crates "put me just over 100 gems" meaning he likely had gems already saved up and this was what finally put him over 100.
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    in my opinion the BA motif should cost alot more gems ... like 600!!!

its way too cheap!
    Edited by Ling on September 28, 2017 3:05PM
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Achievement points: 33290
    Alliance rank: Grand Overlord (50)(since 2016)
    Soloplayer
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine with it if they actually gave double gem return too, but they only give 33 gems :(
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ling wrote: »
    in my opinion the BA motif should cost alot more gems ... like 600!!!

its way too cheap!

^^This^^ I was expecting it to be much higher... pleasantly surprised that it is only 200...
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's annoying. Do they at least trade in for more than 33?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stupid question. can you learn the golden book if you already know certain parts of the style? i thought a while ago, this wasn't possible.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Brocknar
    Brocknar
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Well, that's annoying. Do they at least trade in for more than 33?

They do not, last season I got a motif and only received the normal 33, that really bothered me, should have been doubled as well...
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I didn't get 100 gems from just 3 crates, I got the Legendary Research Scroll thinger yesterday to trade in for 33 gems + the other random consumables to put me over 100. Just was a really unwelcome surprise that it cost double what other legendary rewards do (and I am shocked to hear they don't turn in for 66 gems!! that is even worse).

It's back to "farming" treasure chests for me though...gah

(I never looked at the price of the motif books last season as I knew all the pre-Morrowind motifs already - I am a season behind realizing this price difference. I still find it odd to have 2 price levels in the same Tier - I didn't see anything else that was different from the trend of gem pricing.)
    Edited by Mix on September 28, 2017 4:47PM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    motifs don't seem to always show up in the ccrate menu. they come and go on mine and mostly they're gone.

i wouldn't have even known they were supposed to be there, had i not read about it here. there are other motifs available, too, that i didn't know about.

sent in bug report, hopefully this gets fixed, soon.

i was considering buying the ba motif, but i'm a little leery of buying something that's here one minute and gone the next.