Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Decorating Hints, Tips & Ideas

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SDslYgn.jpg

Upside down torture wheels

Gravity has no place here
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SDslYgn.jpg

Yeah it is pretty funny to watch as they spin around doing ballay irl they would flop down just as if it were on the ground, ha
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah it is pretty funny to watch as they spin around doing ballay irl they would flop down just as if it were on the ground, ha

Lolol now I gotta try this out with mine, just to watch it :D
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SDslYgn.jpg

looks like a tanning room of death
    deathtans.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    zylhuup3v1ph.jpg

I used well placed sunken candles to light up my statue at Guild home entrance.
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zylhuup3v1ph.jpg

Nice, also I put Vivec statue in the center as well perfect place for em, with all the 8 divine sigins with the bases around the center
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zylhuup3v1ph.jpg

ambient lighting always makes things cool
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2IKLzGf.jpg

My Vivec fountain in my EP manor, finally managed to get a golden shrine of mara even though its an exact duplicate of the purple one
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2IKLzGf.jpg

My Vivec fountain in my EP manor, finally managed to get a golden shrine of mara even though its an exact duplicate of the purple one

This is cool, I wish we could invert items though so they could mirror each other like those orc statues.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so this one bought the crystals, which the luxury furnished sells this weekend :smiley:

363XtLO.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/363XtLO.jpg

wjB5D0M.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/wjB5D0M.jpg

iBhpejw.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/iBhpejw.jpg
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    so this one bought the crystals, which the luxury furnished sells this weekend :smiley:
    363XtLO.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/iBhpejw.jpg

And this would be the start of your crystal meth lab? xD
    Edited by Incognitius on August 26, 2017 3:30PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and I just realized that these crystals kinda look like the ones in Star craft. /resists the urge to create a zerg base O_O
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    and I just realized that these crystals kinda look like the ones in Star craft. /resists the urge to create a zerg base O_O

WE REQUIRE MORE MINERALS!!!!
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can place the Redguard Bench, Arc vertically and use it to frame the Brotherhood stained glass window. The fit is pretty precise.
    JKpQMrL.png
    Also, the crystal fragments on the vendor this week fit perfectly on the round statue bases that were on the vendor a while back.
    aGYswyR.png
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on August 27, 2017 9:04AM
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YIeju2s.jpg

My new Vivec fountain with the cowering statues instead of the orcs looks better
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    You can place the Redguard Bench, Arc vertically and use it to frame the Brotherhood stained glass window. The fit is pretty precise.
    JKpQMrL.png
    Also, the crystal fragments on the vendor this week fit perfectly on the round statue bases that were on the vendor a while back.
    aGYswyR.png

That is one impressive arena! Great job!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine stuck those crystals in the roof
    YIeju2s.jpg

My new Vivec fountain with the cowering statues instead of the orcs looks better

Awesome!! Those Dwarven Target Centurion's look so cool too! Sentries standing guard!

• Tesari
    Tesari
    ✭✭✭
    Below you can see more uses for the redguard benches, arc and also orcish tables, block flipped for their metal appearance. Also plants used and turned into light fixtures by sinking candles in them and dark elf shelf, barrels used as tables, flipped upside down of course.

You'll see the Seal of vivic flipped upside down as a nice circular planter for the tree and bushes and also paintings used as wall paper!

The key is to look at an item and see if for what it could be and not what it is by default. Sometimes I spend hours going through furniture and just playing with flipping and rotating them to see what secrets they hold.

PaZm7qi.png
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tesari wrote: »
    Below you can see more uses for the redguard benches, arc and also orcish tables, block flipped for their metal appearance. Also plants used and turned into light fixtures by sinking candles in them and dark elf shelf, barrels used as tables, flipped upside down of course.

You'll see the Seal of vivic flipped upside down as a nice circular planter for the tree and bushes and also paintings used as wall paper!

The key is to look at an item and see if for what it could be and not what it is by default. Sometimes I spend hours going through furniture and just playing with flipping and rotating them to see what secrets they hold.

PaZm7qi.png

WOW! That looks amazing! Awesome job! Which house is that, btw?

• Tesari
    Tesari
    ✭✭✭
    Tesari wrote: »

PaZm7qi.png

WOW! That looks amazing! Awesome job! Which house is that, btw?

Gardner House (Upper level, closed off to use max 600 item count)
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A friend of mine stuck those crystals in the roof
    YIeju2s.jpg

Awesome!! Those Dwarven Target Centurion's look so cool too! Sentries standing guard!

Thanks, It'll probably be awhile if I even manage to craft the 3.5m one, it's 5k crowns on the shop as well but i'd rather craft it myself in game to achieve something.
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zenimax sure would be cool if they increased item limits :\
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SosRuvaak wrote: »
    zenimax sure would be cool if they increased item limits :\

they could , they just need to remove some " useless " details outside of the " housing " map . I have a video showing all these useless details outside of hakkvild castle ... But i think it's just a " money issue " why increase item limit when you can just wait ... see everyone ask for this ... then launch thing like " + 10 item limit " in the crown store for 1K crown.
    Edited by Apherius on August 28, 2017 5:15PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so.. this is kinda random, but.. apparently.. there can be occasional random furnishings in your house (at least there was in strident springs I have just bought, becasue i am weak, but I digress) - and those random furnishings are out of bounds of the house, so you cannot actualy see them, but they are still there... taking up your precious limited space.

so basically the hint is and maybe some of you do this already (I haven't been so much, tend to just move stuff around i plan on keeping - manually)

go into retrieve window of your decorating UI. and either put everything you see there - away, or at least hit modify and then place it where you can see it easily. that way you can can have a better idea of how many spots you have available as well as what exactly did your new house come with.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small Fireplaces that fit in both small spaces and small item slot caps.
    I use thrones to make good looking fireplaces that will use only 5 to 6 item slots, and very little space (ideal for The Rosy Lion for example where those pictures were taken).
    The base is always the same as it provides both a frame, fire animation/interaction and, most of all, flexibility (ie I've used some burned wood for a warmth feeling but i can replace it with a cooking pot, or a shank in the grill on the fly to receive some visitors)

The Daedric Fireplace (3 Daedric thrones)
    cn5rnvzssnee.png

The Ayleid Fireplace (2 Ayleid thrones + Ayleid table)
    ayf5b664pvd6.png

The Orchish Fireplace (2 Orchish thrones + Orchish chest in the middle)
    hh2c4rrydd48.png

edit to upload pictures
    Edited by Arciris on August 29, 2017 8:47AM
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    Small Fireplaces that fit in both small spaces and small item slot caps.
    I use thrones to make good looking fireplaces that will use only 5 to 6 item slots, and very little space (ideal for The Rosy Lion for example where those pictures were taken).
    The base is always the same as it provides both a frame, fire animation/interaction and, most of all, flexibility (ie I've used some burned wood for a warmth feeling but i can replace it with a cooking pot, or a shank in the grill on the fly to receive some visitors)

The Daedric Fireplace (3 Daedric thrones)
    cn5rnvzssnee.png

The Ayleid Fireplace (2 Ayleid thrones + Ayleid table)
    ayf5b664pvd6.png

The Orchish Fireplace (2 Orchish thrones + Orchish chest in the middle)
    hh2c4rrydd48.png

edit to upload pictures

Wow! Thank you for the tips. Looks so good and saves a lot more item slots than the one I built myself :)
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SoupDragon
    Glad you liked it and that it can be useful to you :) A home is never complete without a fireplace, at least in Tamriel ;)
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    @SoupDragon
    Glad you liked it and that it can be useful to you :) A home is never complete without a fireplace, at least in Tamriel ;)

Or several :)
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aurelle1

That is very true! These small fireplaces can be placed in smaller rooms in bigger houses too! :p
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg, those throne fireplaces are BRILLIANT! /steals all these ideas for strident springs :)
    dirty worthless casual.