The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Decorating Hints, Tips & Ideas

• Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    omg, those throne fireplaces are BRILLIANT! /steals all these ideas for strident springs :)

Thank you :)
    Of course you are welcome to do so, that is why they are posted :p .
    In the background there is a common slab of stone since the original background of that house is wood, just as in Strident Spring I suppose so it makes sense to add some stone in there, while in houses made of stone there is no need.
    So you'll be looking at 6/7 item slots per fireplace. 6 for the first 2 and 7 for the Orchish one ( 2 chests are needed unless you have something else covering the gap between the 2 thrones - in the finished version of the house I've mixed the first one with the last one, as follows:
    mt0vdlaz94cu.png

i499q1dibj6g.png
    Edited by Arciris on August 29, 2017 11:24PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    omg, those throne fireplaces are BRILLIANT! /steals all these ideas for strident springs :)

Thank you :)
    Of course you are welcome to do so, that is why they are posted :p .
    In the background there is a common slab of stone since the original background of that house is wood, just as in Strident Spring I suppose so it makes sense to add some stone in there, while in houses made of stone there is no need.
    So you'll be looking at 6/7 item slots per fireplace. 6 for the first 2 and 7 for the Orchish one ( 2 chests are needed unless you have something else covering the gap between the 2 thrones - in the finished version of the house I've mixed the first one with the last one, as follows:
    mt0vdlaz94cu.png

i499q1dibj6g.png

it looks fantastic, and takes up like 1/4 of the space of the fireplace I made, while looking much tidier :) might make a few modifications, mostly in what i use for the fire/base, i mean.. could at least try to put my own spin on it, right? :P
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Linaleah
    Another base would be terrific, I've tried a few but the item slot cost increased. If item slot is not an issue, by all means go wild with it and show us what you did :D
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Linaleah
    Another base would be terrific, I've tried a few but the item slot cost increased. If item slot is not an issue, by all means go wild with it and show us what you did :D

well.. it does increase item slots by 1, but i just really really like the look of https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/constellation-tile-the-tower/ for the fireplace base. Ashes usually cover up the constellation design :) last night I spent like an hour messing with a prototype, and so far, aside from having to steal flaming logs from another house and taking some major effort to align the pieces together as well as these particular solutions working best with ground floor building (your designs work on every floor, I'm just... stubborn :P ), its starting to look kinda nice :) need to mess around with it a bit more (I don't have ayelyd table, so I'm trying to figure out alternatives to it, have an idea, but need to test it out first. and figure out if there's something I can come up with other then relocating firelogs that come with houses and otherwise are crown shop only O_O
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Finally made my first one woo

FzZV4dW.jpg
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for all of my fellow crafters and decorators. Some of these items I have never seen, do you find the best stuff from the crown store or are you finding the recipes, patterns, etc. in the wild? If the latter where do you find the best places to loot them to be? I search every container I find but wine bottles, all the food and fruit, clutter, etc seem not to be that common. Any response or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Edited by SGT_Wolfe101st on August 30, 2017 7:42PM
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for all of my fellow crafters and decorators. Some of these items I have never seen, do you find the best stuff from the crown store or are you finding the recipes, patterns, etc. in the wild? If the latter where do you find the best places to loot them to be? I search every container I find but wine bottles, all the food and fruit, clutter, etc seem not to be that common. Any response or help would be greatly appreciated.

Check the achievement furniture vendors in every zone, they have some really cool stuff. Also the common furniture vendors sometimes have some cool stuff as well, and their stock varies from zone to zone. Keep an eye on the week-end vendor as well.
    To loot recipes, the wild is not the best place. Delves or tombs with urns are - urns are by far the best way to loot recipes . Note that not all delves have urns.
    Stealing houses and pick pocketing is also a good source, but not as good as urns.
    Also Rollis, the master writ NPC, sells furniture plans for vouchers.
    And of course, guild stores. Farm gold and then buy the plans from the people who farm them if you prefer that way :)
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check the achievement furniture vendors in every zone, they have some really cool stuff. Also the common furniture vendors sometimes have some cool stuff as well, and their stock varies from zone to zone. Keep an eye on the week-end vendor as well.
    To loot recipes, the wild is not the best place. Delves or tombs with urns are - urns are by far the best way to loot recipes . Note that not all delves have urns.
    Stealing houses and pick pocketing is also a good source, but not as good as urns.
    Also Rollis, the master writ NPC, sells furniture plans for vouchers.
    And of course, guild stores. Farm gold and then buy the plans from the people who farm them if you prefer that way :)

What Arciris said ^^ :smile:

Also, for pickpocketing, as a general rule NPC's will usually drop furnishings related to their profession

examples:

alchemist - mushrooms
    cultists - skulls
    guards - wanted posters
    outlaws - gaming dice
    fisher people - fish, rods
    drunks - skooma bubbler, liquor bottles
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FzZV4dW.jpg

Wow! He looks awesome!! I'm going to have to save up those writ vouchers for one!
    Just curious, but is he larger than the Dwarf Brass, or about the same size?

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

FzZV4dW.jpg

Wow! He looks awesome!! I'm going to have to save up those writ vouchers for one!
    Just curious, but is he larger than the Dwarf Brass, or about the same size?

I haven't measured them upclose yet was meaning to but got side tracked but ill take a screen of it soon and show
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually a head taller than the other one, but yeah the cost of the voucher pattern wasn't the problem it was the cost of actually making it. Depends on how cheap you buy those constructs for I wanted it done fast so I decided to overpay for like 40 of them just to finish it off but bought most at 15-20k per and then the 40ish at 22-25

You also have the option to buy them on the crown store as well for the 5k crowns the blue one, but its always BoP from the store

CCPNUo1.jpg
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on August 30, 2017 9:54PM
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks @Kyle1983b14_ESO for taking the time to do that! It's good to actually see the difference between the two, which will help me decide which one to get first. I appreciate it very much!
    As costly as they are, I think I'd rather make it myself as I prefer to keep my Crowns for stuff I can't purchase in-game. Still, good to know they are available via Crowns for those who want that option.

Guess I'm really going to have to work on all those Master writs now! :D

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks @Kyle1983b14_ESO for taking the time to do that! It's good to actually see the difference between the two, which will help me decide which one to get first. I appreciate it very much!
    As costly as they are, I think I'd rather make it myself as I prefer to keep my Crowns for stuff I can't purchase in-game. Still, good to know they are available via Crowns for those who want that option.

Guess I'm really going to have to work on all those Master writs now! :D

Yeah I really do think the 5k crowns is worth it value wise but cosmetic wise probably not since its only one item, but yeah it'll be about 450-500k for the pattern + atleast 3m to make the centurion
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crimson Shard of the Moonshadow makes for great statue backlighting!

ezimba11684626419900.png
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been purchasing Hlaalu furnisher's documents with vouchers from the master writs. I have been lucky most the time as I buy the Master Writs and can make most my gold back by learning some of the documents and selling the others. I get the purple ones.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PRAISE HIRCINE b2inxrtlpwht.png
    i love everyones lighting effects.
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slight update, the new Daedric Doorway, Spiked (crown store only) fits perfectly over the Redguard Bench, Arc to frame the stained glass window.
    4F9Ks2U.png
    DdunQkD.png

Another tip, if you stack Rough Platform, Stage, you can make a walkable staircase that works like normal stairs.
    JgangPq.png
    HrPujv9.png
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on September 8, 2017 8:24AM
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Slight update, the new Daedric Doorway, Spiked (crown store only) fits perfectly over the Redguard Bench, Arc to frame the stained glass window.
    4F9Ks2U.png

Wow! That looks fantastic!!

Love the 'walkable staircase' too!

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4F9Ks2U.png
    DdunQkD.png

Another tip, if you stack Rough Platform, Stage, you can make a walkable staircase that works like normal stairs.
    JgangPq.png
    HrPujv9.png

nice!!
  • sexyphenix
    My helpful hints I use in all of my homes are completed bathrooms. They all come with a working tub with water handle in the walls -just sink the large Redguard mead barrel in the wall to get the desired effect of a faucet. I also like to add the flat dwemer gear that looks like a tub drain when laid inside the tub. Always add a small commode complete with stacks of paper you all know what that's for hehe.. Just use a chair to get the desired height and then use any type of small box like shape furniture to hide the chair legs, I use small nightstands that I turn around so no handles are showing. To complete the look drop any round pottery bowl that has a dark black inside. I believe the one I use is a white redguard pottery bowl. Just stick that down into the chair for the desired look of a real working commode. Then comes the sinks I just use a large bowl and pitcher set upon an open dresser. I like to add mirrors to either attacked to the dressers or alone in a corner.

You can watch my videos to see the different types of beautiful bathrooms I create. Enjoy

https://youtu.be/n_tpbAwTDW4
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Linaleah

all right - weeks later, very slightly tweaked fireplace based on your brilliant idea.

21740392_1398675076912358_4059500807199974111_n.jpg?oh=c7706f17618251d229c61624898c56b5&oe=5A4FA5B2

I used 3 of the https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/orcish-throne-engraved/ with the middle of the fireplace being front of the throne matched up to the two on either side, and 2 of these tiles https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/constellation-tile-the-tower/ side by side, to make the base wider and for the chimney I used 2 of these https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/khajiit-column-spiked/ , layered over each other to create a tapered look that matched the rest of the walls :) finished it off with https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/rough-block-light-stone/ at the back of the fireplace, so that the walls do not show through

ended up using the khajiiti firepit after all, mainly becasue firelogs looked.. odd in sleek creek house. just.. didn't really fit.

its still not very item slot saving with 9 slots total, but... still.. not too bad, I think :)
    dirty worthless casual.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4F9Ks2U.png
    DdunQkD.png

JgangPq.png
    HrPujv9.png

That is so cool
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Linaleah

all right - weeks later, very slightly tweaked fireplace based on your brilliant idea.

21740392_1398675076912358_4059500807199974111_n.jpg?oh=c7706f17618251d229c61624898c56b5&oe=5A4FA5B2

I used 3 of the https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/orcish-throne-engraved/ with the middle of the fireplace being front of the throne matched up to the two on either side, and 2 of these tiles https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/constellation-tile-the-tower/ side by side, to make the base wider and for the chimney I used 2 of these https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/khajiit-column-spiked/ , layered over each other to create a tapered look that matched the rest of the walls :) finished it off with https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/rough-block-light-stone/ at the back of the fireplace, so that the walls do not show through

ended up using the khajiiti firepit after all, mainly becasue firelogs looked.. odd in sleek creek house. just.. didn't really fit.

its still not very item slot saving with 9 slots total, but... still.. not too bad, I think :)

Very well done! Love it <3
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sexyphenix wrote: »
    My helpful hints I use in all of my homes are completed bathrooms. They all come with a working tub with water handle in the walls -just sink the large Redguard mead barrel in the wall to get the desired effect of a faucet. I also like to add the flat dwemer gear that looks like a tub drain when laid inside the tub. Always add a small commode complete with stacks of paper you all know what that's for hehe.. Just use a chair to get the desired height and then use any type of small box like shape furniture to hide the chair legs, I use small nightstands that I turn around so no handles are showing. To complete the look drop any round pottery bowl that has a dark black inside. I believe the one I use is a white redguard pottery bowl. Just stick that down into the chair for the desired look of a real working commode. Then comes the sinks I just use a large bowl and pitcher set upon an open dresser. I like to add mirrors to either attacked to the dressers or alone in a corner.

You can watch my videos to see the different types of beautiful bathrooms I create. Enjoy

Thanks for the tour of Cliffshade. I have yet to buy it, but it's on my list. The layout I have in mind is very similar. I like what you did with putting counters on the wall as cabinets! Also, what did you use behind the bed upstairs. It looks like some sort of red fabric?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Thanks for the tour of Cliffshade. I have yet to buy it, but it's on my list. The layout I have in mind is very similar. I like what you did with putting counters on the wall as cabinets! Also, what did you use behind the bed upstairs. It looks like some sort of red fabric?

looks like https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/redguard-canopy-dawn/ very interesting way of using it
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've watched all your videos, but I'm a slacker at leaving behind comments. ^^"
    It looks very lovely, and using that dwemer thingy as a drain, brilliant.

Interesting, very interesting. I still have a few of those Khajiit pillers lying around that I didn't need in Sleek Creek. B)
    4F9Ks2U.png
    DdunQkD.png

Words cannot describe how awesome your arena looks, which is why I haven't bothered to try. ;)
  • sexyphenix

I used the large Red Guard awning for porches. You will see it for sale in the Crown Store, again it's the largest one and you need to turn where you won't see the large wooden boards that are connected to it.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I used the large Red Guard awning for porches. You will see it for sale in the Crown Store, again it's the largest one and you need to turn where you won't see the large wooden boards that are connected to it.

what plant item do you use in the hanging pots in the top left of the screen at the beginning of the video?

btw I love your house. it's so neat, coherent, and detailed
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Athymhormia
    Athymhormia
    ✭✭✭
    All fireplaces look very nice, thank you for ideas! I was struggling with decorating Sleek Creek inside, so this kind of saved me from a headache:) Though I didn't want to risk with not so cheap orcish throne, so I had to use daedric, but in the end with some improvisation I liked result enough to bring it here:
    eso64_2017-09-17_16-41-43-25.png
    eso64_2017-09-17_16-41-53-55.png
    eso64_2017-09-17_16-43-48-92.png
    Edited by Athymhormia on September 17, 2017 7:22AM
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All fireplaces look very nice, thank you for ideas! I was struggling with decorating Sleek Creek inside, so this kind of saved me from a headache:) Though I didn't want to risk with not so cheap orcish throne, so I had to use daedric, but in the end with some improvisation I liked result enough to bring it here:
    eso64_2017-09-17_16-41-43-25.png
    eso64_2017-09-17_16-41-53-55.png
    eso64_2017-09-17_16-43-48-92.png

I'm really enjoying what people come up with with the throne-based layout fireplace idea and really glad I shared it :)
    That one looks really Khajiiti at heart, very well done :star: