The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

**POLL FOR ZOS** Are you happy with the number of housing slots to furnish your home?

• Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Trying to properly decorate a manor/big home with just 700 slots, as an eso plus member, is not even remotely possible.
    As we mentioned when the system launched, the caps are there for performance reasons. We all want the caps to be higher as well and are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future.
    @ZOS_RichLambert It's amazing that we got a reply to this, I know you guys got a million tags a day, I hope you read this :blush:

The thing is, that the current number of slots per house-tier is not really balanced. As an owner of 3 fully furnished houses I can tell you:

400 Slots for Domus Phrasticus is enough to do literally anything you want, I still got 75 Slots left, and no space to use them anywhere, it's already soooo crowded and cosy

600 Slots for the Amaya Lake Lodge are too less, it's just not enough when you want to make the garden look alive without neglecting the inside and making it look unique. I had to block off the backyard garden (To build somewhat of a malachite mine with the big volcanic rocks we can buy in Vivec so it somewhat looks it's in a mountain. Also used Khajiit Pillars and the Hourglass-on-a-chain achievement furnishing for a crane, the hlaalu shed for the entrance etc.) and the top story and im still choking for slots due to the size of this house.

700 Slots for the Ebonheart Château (and other manors) is just way too less and it's literally impossible to furnish every single room with those and without making the entire manor look dead. Had to block off the backyard and the entire basement and only built 3 unique things which is an Arena outside at the right, 2 fishtanks upstairs (yes it works!) and some cosy trees/plant chilling areas inside (high ceiling <3 ).

The higher tier houses definetely need a slot upgrade of 100-150 because of their sheer size.
    Edited by Anne_Firehawk on August 5, 2017 12:20PM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Trying to properly decorate a manor/big home with just 700 slots, as an eso plus member, is not even remotely possible.
    As we mentioned when the system launched, the caps are there for performance reasons. We all want the caps to be higher as well and are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future.

Can you take a look at these furnishings and put them as a craftable or crown store furnishings?https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/363533/list-of-housing-items-only-obtainable-in-morrowind-houses#latest
    Options
  • Vicarra
    Vicarra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Adding larger building blocks/materials would help tremendously in the quest for furnishing.

In building caves, the volcanic plugs have been an absolute godsend. I managed to replace the 50-60 previously "largest" rocks/boulders I could find with about 25-30 volcanic plugs. The fact that they are nice and flat means you can build very large caves without impacting as much on your item limit, which freed up about 30 much-needed slots for the interior of the house.

I see many people using the individual blocks to build walls with, but these require huge numbers of these blocks, and each of these is an individual item. If we had variously sized walls and platforms in different styles, but about the size of the daedric platform (ashen) this would be a massive help in getting these small individual items out of houses, and many people would not feel like they require an increase in the item limit. Having wooden platforms of the size of the wide wooden planks, but more tidily put together would allow people to panel their houses with wood, or make second floors or interior walls without having to use the orcish platforms which are deep enough to cut into living space.

Giving us access to staircases would free up the 10-20 slots it takes to make a single staircase from other types of blocks.

Large blocks please, as a temporary reprieve on the item limit issue.
    PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!

Haakon Stormblade - Nord Illusionist, Dwemer scholar, Horse Whisperer, Bringer of Storms
    Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trouble is that it's not just trying to build walls/floors/staircases that takes so many spaces, unless you really go for that big time. Although certainly proper construction components would help, and make more sense.

I have Hundings and I haven't put any extra construction items into it. It has plenty of space and rooms without having to create new ones. But....

It's furnishing it and putting in all the little things that make a home that take the item slots. And that is the same for all the large homes unfortunately. Small to medium sized homes are far easier to furnish satisfactorily without reaching the limit.
    Options
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

We know that. But please focus on the search. I don't want to build up new homes if I can't even finish my current mansion.
    Please allow at least 1000 pieces for mansions...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

We understand that, though it's not clear why you shouldn't put a BIG warning about performance issue if we go ahead using more slots than the recommended number and that would be all.

Being clearly stated the risk of using more slots, everyone would be responsible for their loading time in houses, graphic artifacts or any other problem could encounter.

I would gladly take the risk and I guess many other users as well, it's really awful as it is now. Thanks though for showing up in this thread, hope to hear from one of you again soon.

edited to correct my bad grammar
    Edited by RANKK7 on August 8, 2017 1:58PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Appreciate the response Richard. The fact that I had to drop down to the level that I did to generate a response is disappointing on both ends I am sure. <3

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362025/rich-lambert-friends-responses-on-server-crashings/p1

If you are interested in some lawls Rich :D
    Edited by Shadzilla on August 5, 2017 5:08PM
    Options
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    No.

just curious, how's the caps since the free thrones came out?

really I am curious.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
    Options
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

Then why are there different caps between house sizes? Are you talking about server performance or client?
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ty for the reply I will stop asking about it from now on. This is all I wanted
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicarra wrote: »
    Adding larger building blocks/materials would help tremendously in the quest for furnishing.

In building caves, the volcanic plugs have been an absolute godsend. I managed to replace the 50-60 previously "largest" rocks/boulders I could find with about 25-30 volcanic plugs. The fact that they are nice and flat means you can build very large caves without impacting as much on your item limit, which freed up about 30 much-needed slots for the interior of the house.

I see many people using the individual blocks to build walls with, but these require huge numbers of these blocks, and each of these is an individual item. If we had variously sized walls and platforms in different styles, but about the size of the daedric platform (ashen) this would be a massive help in getting these small individual items out of houses, and many people would not feel like they require an increase in the item limit. Having wooden platforms of the size of the wide wooden planks, but more tidily put together would allow people to panel their houses with wood, or make second floors or interior walls without having to use the orcish platforms which are deep enough to cut into living space.

Giving us access to staircases would free up the 10-20 slots it takes to make a single staircase from other types of blocks.

Large blocks please, as a temporary reprieve on the item limit issue.

Yeah I'm not sure why Zeni is such a huge fan of the "open floorplan" but it would be fine IF they would give us walls, floors and doorways that did not eat into our item count so much.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good - I'm at max and it's frustrating.

"Before you hang that chandelier, you need to go outside to the garden and remove a tree..." lol

I would also like to restrict who can interact with lighting to just "Decorators" and adjust brightness :smile:

Right now, only a small group of people can access my home because I got tired of dealing with all my lights being off whenever I entered my house.

PS4NA
    Options
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    ^Grabs a pitchfork and torch*

I am maxed too and you were all completely right.

I subbed recently and it is just not enough item slots.
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
    Options
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    Not nearly enough. I bought the overlook and i started to put a bunch of apples and grapes on my table.. after getting close to 700 filled slots i had to remove all my apples and make room for trees. We should have double the amount of slots and option to put inventory items in the house.
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Deep down, I don't think anyone buys that statement.
    Options
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's impossible. I built up only the first courtyard in Forsaken Stronghold and it cost me all 600 or whatever, let alone the bigger homes.

Someone else said it somewhere but I agree with them, the problem lies in the fact that you've got to build with tiny stone blocks and big wooden pallets - Fences and walls apparently aren't a thing (unless I'm overlooking them, someone point me in the right direction if I am) but would be so useful.

You spend 60 or your spaces building a tiny wall.

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=n6JwZNJ%2Bbo5GiNGuFvFex1oZq1imZxeB8AXyPQ7b6ts%3D

That wall running around the bottom (head height) is over 100 blocks when realistically that could be done in 20 sets of patterned wall etc - yeah, leave the single blocks and that in but build some better structural options.

Or increase capacity, whichever.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
    Options
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    reiverx wrote: »

+1 if you are referring to the "(we) are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future". Consoles are not going to improve that much except if "in the future" is meant as a matter of years. Bad-to-obsolete machines will always be present among pc users as well.

Devs, just let us decide our loading times in houses, put a warning and that's it. If I wish to wait 5 minutes to load my house and encounter graphic artifacts using 1500 slots, let it be so.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
    Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

Absolutely. But it's a step in the right direction that one of them bothered to make a comment at all.

Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    Consoles are not going to improve that much except if "in the future" is meant as a matter of years. Bad-to-obsolete machines will always be present among pc users as well.

Devs, just let us decide our loading times in houses, put a warning and that's it. If I wish to wait 5 minutes to load my house and encounter graphic artifacts using 1500 slots, let it be so.

SO THIS.

Options
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    While we're on the subject, what about letting us make our own houses from the kit (lack of a better word). Let us buy a property and give us the ability to make epic stuff. Wait, there's no money in that. Never mind.
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976
    Options
  • Dayth
    Dayth
    ✭✭✭
    My Earthtear Cavern isn't even half-finished yet and I'm about 50 furnishings shy of hitting the 700 cap. Sure, I have a furnishing in every general sorta area but that doesn't change how empty the place looks. If you want a Breton Bookcase you need to place the books separately, if you want to place stairs, you have to place every blockindividually, if you want to do a bar you have to place the counter segments separately and then add tankards and other stuff as decorations. 700 seems like a pretty decent number but things stack up quickly, especially something like stairs that lack any alternative except using a ramp, it's gonna use up a lot of blocks.
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dayth wrote: »
    My Earthtear Cavern isn't even half-finished yet and I'm about 50 furnishings shy of hitting the 700 cap. Sure, I have a furnishing in every general sorta area but that doesn't change how empty the place looks. If you want a Breton Bookcase you need to place the books separately, if you want to place stairs, you have to place every blockindividually, if you want to do a bar you have to place the counter segments separately and then add tankards and other stuff as decorations. 700 seems like a pretty decent number but things stack up quickly, especially something like stairs that lack any alternative except using a ramp, it's gonna use up a lot of blocks.

A guild member was able to fit all 700 slots on a table, it was a really big table with lots of plates food and chairs did not look bad at all. He was going for a kings banquet. But that's all there is in his manor XD
    Options
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    The 600 cap for Hunding Palatial Hall is way to low
    Options
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The island is too big for the amount of slots.
    Options
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheyta wrote: »

Agree. Really struggling with this one. And it's actually larger than most of the notables.

Edited by Aurie on August 11, 2017 3:54PM
    Options
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally see no reason why the cap cannot be raised....

...Simply give us an "unusually long load time".

(This happens everywhere else, so i see no reason why we can't have it here.)

Also every time you load into a zone, on the xbox anyways, there are plenty of zone messages that were sent in the target zone, but before the player exited the load screen. i have also noticed that friends travel to way shrines and stand there a bit without moving, while they exit the load screen, giving time for the game to load the surroundings. I see no reason why objects need to take time to load after you are already in the zone. Simply put, putting a 10 second hold on the character movements while the load screen is extended could fix the issue of the items not having loaded properly. More of a magic trick. This could also help with the issue of intractable items that are place structures are non operational if they load in before the the object on which they are standing (ex: a banker on plank).

There is nothing unusual about "unusually long load times anymore". No one is fooled.

However, if there is a solution found to raise the caps, i would bet money (or in this case crowns), that it will be a crown store upgrade like horse movement speed, separate for each house. Seems like the progressive trend.

In the end, there are plenty of things in this game that can and should be addressed before i would say that the housing cap is the number one priority.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on August 17, 2017 8:11AM
    Options
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Sheyta wrote: »

Agree. Really struggling with this one. And it's actually larger than most of the notables.

It is really disappointing to say the least.
    Options
  • karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    We need to be able to buy more slots for all houses..I got a medium one but I still want more clutter..I cant even imagine the horrors the guys with manors face..
    Options
  • spisarevski
    spisarevski
    ✭✭
    No.
    NO. Currently the amount of slots a non-eso+ member gets is not enough to thoroughly furnish a home and make it look as good as houses out in the world, say a tavern. You place all the candles, chairs, counters and tables but when it gets time to place all the little things like plates, food, books, vases and so on - no slots left.

Feels like another attempt at getting you to spend money on the game cause the only way you'll be remotely able to furnish your home as well as you'd like is by getting eso+.
    Edited by spisarevski on August 26, 2017 12:53PM
    Options