The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

**POLL FOR ZOS** Are you happy with the number of housing slots to furnish your home?

• Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I bought a month of plus a couple of weeks ago for the first time, primarily for the craft bag and double housing space. 300 slots without plus for a place as big and open as Gorinir Estate is not nearly enough. I've got almost 500 slots filled now and am trying to fill up the rest before my sub is up (I would love to continue, but am on a very tight budget rn). I know I won't be able to place anything else once it's up, but I'm ok with that because it's just now actually looking like a home, it was still so empty looking when I was reaching the 300 cap.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Trying to properly decorate a manor/big home with just 700 slots, as an eso plus member, is not even remotely possible.
    As we mentioned when the system launched, the caps are there for performance reasons. We all want the caps to be higher as well and are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future.

A bit weird, we can spend eg. 700 hooks either only inside or only outside of the house and it doesn't affect performance, it's our own choice. So why not giving us 700 pcs. inside and 700 pcs. outside, double the actual number, divided per inside and outside.
    Entering house the outside is not rendered in the same time as the instance changes, right? The same in other direction.
    Edited by Gargath on November 23, 2017 8:46PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Trying to properly decorate a manor/big home with just 700 slots, as an eso plus member, is not even remotely possible.
    There is a technical reason for this.....

I created a forest inside The Gorinir Estate that took up 600/600 furniture slots. It lags like crazy because trees are more demanding for the game to load a lot of than something small like a cup.

Essentially ZOS really doesn’t have to set a limit, since players can decide for themselves how much stuff/lag they want in their homes. By making a limit though they can sell more homes and entice ESO+ membership.

ESO+ legit ruined the rarity of furniture plans, material cost of crafting furnishings, gold and crown prices of homes, gold and crown prices of purchasing furnishings, and available slots to place stuff in your home. It is all based around ZOS wanting to squeeze every dollar they can out of you.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I don't even use all of my furnishing slots.
    Gargath wrote: »
    As we mentioned when the system launched, the caps are there for performance reasons. We all want the caps to be higher as well and are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future.

A bit weird, we can spend eg. 700 hooks either only inside or only outside of the house and it doesn't affect performance, it's our own choice. So why not giving us 700 pcs. inside and 700 pcs. outside, double the actual number, divided per inside and outside.
    Entering house the outside is not rendered in the same time as the instance changes, right? The same in other direction.

Because all of the house is loaded when you zone in. It is all rendered at the same time
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    It is all based around ZOS wanting to squeeze every dollar they can out of you.
    I'm not sure if it's an entirely fair statement for ZOS, since they allow us to make a cool residence just by crafting and purchasing everything for gold we earn just by playing game.
    I own a cool Forgotten Stronghold which I bought for gold and literally ALL my +/- thousand furnitures were either crafted by me personally or bought for gold from achievement vendors. I didn't spend a single crown/real time money for my housings but it's still a cool place which I'm proud of. It's all thanks to ZOS good politics, much more friendly than in a comparable Bioware's MMO. If they try to squeeze every dollar they can out of us, they do this in a very gentle way :).

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because all of the house is loaded when you zone in. It is all rendered at the same time

If that's true than how the heck there is no performance issue when we load entire city with other players in an open zone.
    I'm sure there is more than 700 hooks in all those open and closed city buildings, items, npcs and player effects.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think we will get housing slots next year
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    1pvj00.jpg
    GG ZOS.

The new furnishings are also not dropped as recipes in the Master Writ Trader and they have a very low drop rate in
    the game. Look. I just want ALL the things...

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zos please
  • obscure7
    obscure7
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    When you are at 690/700 slots and realize you need about 40 more to finish your dream house

anguish-d-rogale.jpg
    PC NA
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I don't even use all of my furnishing slots.
    This might have been said before.
    One thing that would help is to combine things together. Instead of having to place 15 books ( taking up 15 slots ), make it one row of 15 books ( taking up one slot ). Group table furnishings like plate, silverware, and cup or glass.
    I have read about people that want to build stairs that have to use 15 or 20 items to make them, why not have prebuild stairs that will take up one slot.
    Just a thought.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure, but for now why not increase it and plaster a warning that we're going over the recomended amount? When someone else visits, have a warning "are you sure? House is over furniture limit, performance issues could happen".

That way players will be responsible if they want to go over the limit....
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Bleakraven wrote: »

Sure, but for now why not increase it and plaster a warning that we're going over the recomended amount? When someone else visits, have a warning "are you sure? House is over furniture limit, performance issues could happen".

That way players will be responsible if they want to go over the limit....

Exactly.

Except they never showed up again after that short and vague answer, leaving us in the complete dark, still today we have no idea if we'll ever get a decent number of slots one day.
    Only thing they did has been to release huge places with the same low furniture slots number adding now the insult of a magnificent Palace that would need 4k slots at least to be decorated as a magnificent palace would be.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    When you're out in the world, the same data retrieved from the database can be served out to every player in that space. When you're in a Solo dungeon, the same data can be used for any other player who's in that Solo instance. But when you're at home, that data is unique to you, and the server can't do anything else with it, unless you have visitors, in which case they serve it to them as well.. The server memory is finite, so they have a budget for how much memory can be spent on login-unique data, and that will determine how many slots will fit.

And the data that's needed is which item, and where it is (ID, x,yz coordinates, rotations) which is the same amount for a tree or an apple. The solution is more items as pre-fabs, so we don't have to piece stuff together so much. The downside to that is the need for more varieties of item, which makes them harder to find/build, unless each plan lets you build variants. Why not let us have (for example) a bookcase plan that lets us make it with no books, some books, a lot of books (tidy), a lot of books (untidy), etc. People will still add individual items, but most cluttering would use the prefab options.

We need walls instead of individual blocks. Structures we can make with size variations, instead of standing them on blocks to make them taller, Don't take those pieces away, just don't have us need them so often. Build some of the variation into the item, instead of making them assemblies.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    ghastley wrote: »
    When you're out in the world, the same data retrieved from the database can be served out to every player in that space. When you're in a Solo dungeon, the same data can be used for any other player who's in that Solo instance. But when you're at home, that data is unique to you, and the server can't do anything else with it, unless you have visitors, in which case they serve it to them as well.. The server memory is finite, so they have a budget for how much memory can be spent on login-unique data, and that will determine how many slots will fit.

And the data that's needed is which item, and where it is (ID, x,yz coordinates, rotations) which is the same amount for a tree or an apple. The solution is more items as pre-fabs, so we don't have to piece stuff together so much. The downside to that is the need for more varieties of item, which makes them harder to find/build, unless each plan lets you build variants. Why not let us have (for example) a bookcase plan that lets us make it with no books, some books, a lot of books (tidy), a lot of books (untidy), etc. People will still add individual items, but most cluttering would use the prefab options.

We need walls instead of individual blocks. Structures we can make with size variations, instead of standing them on blocks to make them taller, Don't take those pieces away, just don't have us need them so often. Build some of the variation into the item, instead of making them assemblies.

So it's not very clear why you voted Yes in this poll, saying "we need" walls instead of individual blocks and all the jazz.

About the rest, it's not accurate at all and I bring a tangible example, I have 200 slots in Twin Arches and I can put all those 200 items in the courtyard leaving the interior empty (two separated cells, one it's not correlated to the other one, except for the teleport markers), and there is no problem putting all the 200 items in one of the cells, except for my loading time.
    As well I can put all 200 items inside, same thing, the item slots number in that house can be raised double at ease, for my machine, 200 for the garden, 200 for interior.
    The real problem is probably the usual one: the console version, simple as that, it's an hindrance and they have no power in that regard (other than give us the choice, hopefully, to prefer long loading times and rendering issue over low slots number), the game is available on all platforms and should equally run (some console players reported long loading times even now), old story of companies targeting all platforms and ending up making the PC users unhappy because of limitations.
    That's why we are asking for clarity about this, we are very tired of the non-existent communication about such a big issue and I'm not alone saying I would agree to encounter graphic artifacts and long loading times in order to have more slots, that's it.

Edited by RANKK7 on February 9, 2018 10:41PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

zos please, we want to give you our money for some slots.
  • Mad_Alice
    Mad_Alice
    Soul Shriven
    I try to make Amaya Lake Lodge look decent and still have a big lack of slots. First I found those space holes and disappearing rooms and then this restriction. For a house that big with four floors 600 slots with eso+ is just ridiculous...
    We're all mad here
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that's true than how the heck there is no performance issue when we load entire city with other players in an open zone.
    I'm sure there is more than 700 hooks in all those open and closed city buildings, items, npcs and player effects.

This right here is the question I would like to have answered.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

This right here is the question I would like to have answered.

My guess: in the zones, the furniture is immovable and as such, isn't rendered the same way as a chair in a player house. When in a player house, it might render furniture in a way similar to players due to its need to be placed anywhere, meaning too much furniture would be like too many NPCs loaded at once.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit obtained some storage yesterday. Already two of the big chests are filled with things that Khajiit would like to use but does not presently have the room for.

Khajiit now not only needs more housing slots but also more storage please ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    So it's not very clear why you voted Yes in this poll, saying "we need" walls instead of individual blocks and all the jazz.
    The poll was about the number of slots. I don't want more slots, just better use of the ones we have. It's more efficient for the builder and the game engine to place bigger chunks.

One other reason for wanting it this way is that the plans for DIY furnishings typically use the same amount of styling, improvement, or trait materials, regardless of the item produced. E.g. a piece of green-level woodworking construction always needs 9 pitch, even if it's a wooden plate, and not a dining table. I want more bang for my buck pitch, by making the table with the plates already on it (if I so choose).
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they can do something now the 32 bit client isn't supported? Or have I shown myself up with my awful technical knowledge?
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Until they give us more slots it will be very hard for me to purchase a crown only home again if I know I can’t fill it.The one I own now is at cap, and bare. The palace that is on the PTS right now is beautiful, but there is no way you could fill it. With the $100 plus price tag that I am sure that they will put on it, no thank you. They either need to increase slots or seriously rethink pricing on these homes.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    I wonder if they can do something now the 32 bit client isn't supported? Or have I shown myself up with my awful technical knowledge?

The devs have always said the restriction is related to server capacity, so it's not related to the client.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523