The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

**POLL FOR ZOS** Are you happy with the number of housing slots to furnish your home?

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Trying to properly decorate a manor/big home with just 700 slots, as an eso plus member, is not even remotely possible.
    ^ we literally would love to give you our money for more space
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    No. Trying to properly decorate a manor/big home with just 700 slots, as an eso plus member, is not even remotely possible.
    They arent enough and the structure items besides those ugly wood planks and the not so big Stone Slates
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I am actually losing interest in the game due to this restriction. I love housing and have so many ideas I would love to implement, but I have no space to do so.

I need some purpose to my gaming and after playing since beta and having been through all three faction storylines I am out of things to keep gameplay interesting for long - and so I create my own fun with the purpose of decorating. I have fun farming gold and opening urns in hopes of a rare recipe, I look forward to the weekend when the Luxury Furnisher comes to town, I like running vet pledges for busts I am missing, I spend time shopping at guild vendors looking for good deals, new furniture, unknown recipes - and I enjoy getting inspiration from fellow player's homes regarding inventive decorations.

Sometimes you will see an item and it sparks an idea for a decor that might take hundreds of thousands of gold to acquire and many dedicated hours to accomplish (both in and out of the house), but for more than a month now I have not placed a single item in my home despite purchasing several recipes and multiple items from Luxury Furnisher, as well as from guild stores. It is because I like what I already have spent hours working on building, but do not have room to add everything else I want. I certainly have the "physical" space at Hunding's Palatial.

Decorating is the game I play when pledges and writs are done (and atm I do not always bother with the pledges). I refuse to buy a second large home just to partially decorate that how I'd like to also. And so for now I (hopefully temporarily) get my gaming fix elsewhere.
    [EU PC]
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kyria.paganb16_ESO

That was very well written. I feel the same way.
    Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I'm so happy with the number of housing slots that I avoid like plague to buy any medium-to-large house since it would look empty.
    Money loss for them since I would buy that with crowns and not game gold.
    I'm not even thinking about manors, lol.

Edited by RANKK7 on July 18, 2017 9:39AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Skeletalkk
    Skeletalkk
    ✭✭✭
    My Tel Galen is almost full but still feels so empty :/
    - PC EU -
    I JUST WANT MORE DAMN HOUSE ITEM SLOTS.
    Kireth Telvanni - Dunmer - MagSorc

The Ending of Words is AlmSiVi.

Accept Mephala's Embrace.
  • chess1ukb16_ESO
    chess1ukb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought one house (Hundings) and its nice but feels completely empty even with ESO Plus. So gave up on the housing thing until ZoS are capable of giving more slots.
    Ireniicus
    GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    700 furnishing for the larger homes is too little. I understand it takes time to load what I have now but I am willing to wait the couple of extra seconds to have it the way I want.

I have the cavern for my guild, put all attunable stations in there and busts and trophies from dungeons and trials and I'm half out of space.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    MoTeets wrote: »
    Hasnt there already been a thread about this ?
    Do not have a problem with space. I think its more than enough

Just because you don't have a problem with the limit doesn't mean others do not. Several threads about this very subject, and until it gets answered there will probably be more. Sorry but 700 slots for the cavern or any of the larger homes isn't enough for most people.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    STEVIL wrote: »
    However, an increase would be welcome.

i just think as things stand, i would love to see other things for housing prioritized before these increases.

Why can't they do both? Add slots and other qol features that people have asked for. Like storage, how would that affect the item limit if it were introduced?
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skeletalkk wrote: »
    My Tel Galen is almost full but still feels so empty :/

Happens with every house...
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    However, an increase would be welcome.

i just think as things stand, i would love to see other things for housing prioritized before these increases.

Why can't they do both? Add slots and other qol features that people have asked for. Like storage, how would that affect the item limit if it were introduced?

Too busy with eyelashes in the crown store.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evidently the eyelashes make ZOS a lot of money.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

They also have a fraction of the customer base they could have, if the prioritized properly.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »

They also have a fraction of the customer base they could have, if the prioritized properly.

Agreed, but when did they ever listen to what their player base wants?
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Nice thing this is linked in other threads, better to repost here until we don't get an answer.

They should put a big warning that a higher number of items than the one recommended could cause issue and that's it. At that point everyone is responsible for their own houses and the time would have to wait to load or any graphic artifacts could encounter.
    But leaving the item slots at this ridiculous low number is just awful, it's awful for us since we cannot enjoy empty houses and housing really lose any appeal.
    Awful for them since they are losing a lot of cash, there are several houses I would buy and many furniture from the store and I'm not even thinking about it since the items slots number is so low, where is the fun to decorate? It's just lame as it is now, look at large empty houses, not to mention manors, even some medium ones look so empty.

They really should decide what the hell they are going to do with this ISSUE, I would like to know asap so that I don't even bother checking the Crown Store housing showcase.

Edited by RANKK7 on July 31, 2017 2:50PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    Nice thing this is linked in other threads, better to repost here until we don't get an answer.

They should put a big warning that a higher number of items than the one recommended could cause issue and that's it. At that point everyone is responsible for their own houses and the time would have to wait to load or any graphic artifacts could encounter.
    But leaving the item slots at this ridiculous low number is just awful, it's awful for us since we cannot enjoy empty houses and housing really lose any appeal.
    Awful for them since they are losing a lot of cash, there are several houses I would buy and many furniture from the store and I'm not even thinking about it since the items slots number is so low, where is the fun to decorate? It's just lame as it is now, look at large empty houses, not to mention manors, even some medium ones look so empty.

They really should decide what the hell they are going to do with this ISSUE, I would like to know asap so that I don't even bother checking the Crown Store housing showcase.

Yea it does not make much sense at all. They said at release of homestead patch that they kept the item limit very low to make sure performance was ok, which was a fine tactic. After all this time and how many people have been complaining I am actually shocked we have not received any response on this subject... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert I know you guys are very busy and everything, but I personally think with this thread having 7 pages and 667 votes (with a 90% customer is unsatisfied rate) should be more than enough grounds to generate some sort of response from you guys.
    do-you-care-blog-1024x575.jpg
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »

Yea it does not make much sense at all. They said at release of homestead patch that they kept the item limit very low to make sure performance was ok, which was a fine tactic. After all this time and how many people have been complaining I am actually shocked we have not received any response on this subject... @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert I know you guys are very busy and everything, but I personally think with this thread having 7 pages and 667 votes (with a 90% customer is unsatisfied rate) should be more than enough grounds to generate some sort of response from you guys.
    do-you-care-blog-1024x575.jpg

Seconded.
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thirded.
    Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try decorating the Cavern or the island with 700 slots. It's impossible to do in any discernibly individual or unique way.

Adding more variety in terms of building materials - both large and small - combined with tripled or quadrupled item limits would likely satisfy 95% of the moderate to very enthusiastic home owners. (The same people who do - or would - likely spend Crowns on furnishings and new player houses)
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    I love eso every aspect from trials to pvp and yes even housing. It is depressing this hasn't been addressed or improved still :(
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Try decorating the Cavern or the island with 700 slots. It's impossible to do in any discernibly individual or unique way.

Adding more variety in terms of building materials - both large and small - combined with tripled or quadrupled item limits would likely satisfy 95% of the moderate to very enthusiastic home owners. (The same people who do - or would - likely spend Crowns on furnishings and new player houses)

Cardy? Wtf is with you forums name... I couldn't tell it was you until I looked at your characters :smirk:
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    E-S-O always. eeeso makes me twitch for some reason. I'm with @Sigtric though and usually the "words" for other games for some reason. Loh-tro. Swoh-tore. Wottle-kay.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I know it sounds mean and harsh, but in all honesty I would much prefer you comment on threads that have relevance towards making a better game for all of us. Seriously there have been dozens of people linking your name literally begging for a response on this issue and it has been nothing but the silent treatment for months. Now we see how you prefer to pronounce ESO?

I know you take the brunt of a massive amount of things that are wrong with this game, much of it is not your fault and you cannot do much about it. For example development bugs, horrible performing servers, balance issues, every patch or event launch having insane issues, untimely fixes that irritate a large portion of the population... All of these things are not your fault at all, but you have to deal with all the unhappy players. Don't shoot the messenger is the best phrase I can think of that defines your spot. On the other hand... When you use your time responding to threads that are asking people how they prefer to pronounce acronyms, instead of threads (not just this one) that have a massive amount of community members begging for responses on how to make this game better, you really fuel the fire to the people that find joy in throwing a barrage of insults towards you. I know I sound like a piece of trash, which in all honesty is quite true, but at least I am outgoing and forward about it. I look forward to when anyone from ZOS does have 60 seconds available to throw down a quick response on this subject, as do many others. <3

700093382-28273433.png
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    E-S-O always. eeeso makes me twitch for some reason. I'm with @Sigtric though and usually the "words" for other games for some reason. Loh-tro. Swoh-tore. Wottle-kay.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I know it sounds mean and harsh, but in all honesty I would much prefer you comment on threads that have relevance towards making a better game for all of us. Seriously there have been dozens of people linking your name literally begging for a response on this issue and it has been nothing but the silent treatment for months. Now we see how you prefer to pronounce ESO?

I know you take the brunt of a massive amount of things that are wrong with this game, much of it is not your fault and you cannot do much about it. For example development bugs, horrible performing servers, balance issues, every patch or event launch having insane issues, untimely fixes that irritate a large portion of the population... All of these things are not your fault at all, but you have to deal with all the unhappy players. Don't shoot the messenger is the best phrase I can think of that defines your spot. On the other hand... When you use your time responding to threads that are asking people how they prefer to pronounce acronyms, instead of threads (not just this one) that have a massive amount of community members begging for responses on how to make this game better, you really fuel the fire to the people that find joy in throwing a barrage of insults towards you. I know I sound like a piece of trash, which in all honesty is quite true, but at least I am outgoing and forward about it. I look forward to when anyone from ZOS does have 60 seconds available to throw down a quick response on this subject, as do many others. <3

700093382-28273433.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno this is so much true the fact that a stupid thread got a reply and not a thread that has a ton of people asking for a reply is enraging. We don't want a definite answer just a we talked to someone they know the issue about more slots or even nope servers can't take it.

Give us something we want more spaces or just have to live with the fact that or homes will never feel finished

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree. This is something I've noticed too. We are frankly not interested in the trivial comments from @ZO$ that appear in threads that are simply not important to the game itself. If @ZO$ spent a bit more time commenting on the stuff that DOES matter to us, and should matter to them, it would be fine. But it's not.

Being honest here, I am astonished and appalled at the almost complete lack of any kind of communication from @ZO$ on issues that THEY KNOW affect us so deeply, their player base and the source of their livelihoods. And I am at a loss to understand their attitude....how hard can it possibly be to give us some information on what we have asked them, time and time again?

If they have time to address utter trivia like how they pronounce ESO, then surely they have time to write a few lines about the things that really matter.

@ZO$ ....shame on you.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Totally agree. This is something I've noticed too. We are frankly not interested in the trivial comments from @ZO$ that appear in threads that are simply not important to the game itself. If @ZO$ spent a bit more time commenting on the stuff that DOES matter to us, and should matter to them, it would be fine. But it's not.

Being honest here, I am astonished and appalled at the almost complete lack of any kind of communication from @ZO$ on issues that THEY KNOW affect us so deeply, their player base and the source of their livelihoods. And I am at a loss to understand their attitude....how hard can it possibly be to give us some information on what we have asked them, time and time again?

If they have time to address utter trivia like how they pronounce ESO, then surely they have time to write a few lines about the things that really matter.

@ZO$ ....shame on you.

So much this and the other comments above. I've complained about this fact: devs commenting in funny threads and not in serious ones (time ago in the bug section); hope they will spend more time and attention on important issue (moreover where the game studio income is heavily involved, I for one I've spent real cash on furniture and would have done the same even more for houses if item slots number was acceptable, which is not AT ALL).

Edited by RANKK7 on August 5, 2017 12:02AM
    lll
    lll
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    As we mentioned when the system launched, the caps are there for performance reasons. We all want the caps to be higher as well and are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future.
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want more item slots, buuuuuut...

I don't want to defend the caps too strongly, but I will note that the homes I have at the item cap are really slow to load everything. Oddly, small tables always load first, then all the other assets fill in gradually. As much as I'd like to put more crap in there in theory, I can really see the performance hit.
    Edited by Reverb on August 5, 2017 3:41AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As we mentioned when the system launched, the caps are there for performance reasons. We all want the caps to be higher as well and are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a response. It makes me feel better to at least know that you guys want to increase the item limit. Thanks for making housing so awesome to begin with. For all the complaining I've done the past month over the low item slots, :# I probably forgot to mention how much fun I've had with housing up until this point. It's been a fantastic addition to the game.
    Lasertooth
    Xbox/NA
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »

Thank you for taking the time to give us a response. It makes me feel better to at least know that you guys want to increase the item limit. Thanks for making housing so awesome to begin with. For all the complaining I've done the past month over the low item slots, :# I probably forgot to mention how much fun I've had with housing up until this point. It's been a fantastic addition to the game.

I second this. Thank you for the answer @ZO$ :)

Like a lot of others, housing is the aspect of the game I enjoy most. So your post means a lot to me. Let's hope you find a way to increase the limit soon!