The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

**POLL FOR ZOS** Are you happy with the number of housing slots to furnish your home?

Shadzilla
Shadzilla
✭✭✭✭✭
v1VD4.jpg
v1Vp8.jpg
v1VbF.jpg
v1V2h.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiBrC3VR8RI&lc=z22ys1mwdojgyh25004t1aokgxts35iflltllnid3kskbk0h00410

500 Slots used for the arena, secret cave underneath arena, and the name in the water. Leaves me 200 to do the entire castle, and the whole courtyard... In all honesty I don't even think doubling the available item slots would be enough to make a manor look decent. ZOS has said in the past they started out extremely low to see how the servers could handle it, and planned on increasing the item limit. Yet this did not come with the expansion we all paid an extra $60 for? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert No announcement regarding this issue for the next dlc???

**POLL FOR ZOS** Are you happy with the number of housing slots to furnish your home? 929 votes

Yes.
3%
AcrolasInklingsjluchauKendaricMadyKharnisidkCastanamereJames-WayneAhPook_Is_HerejarydfHuyenSapherisseaefRustyfish101SosRuvaakInstantCadburyDarkestnghtHeroeric1337 34 votes
Yes, I don't even use all of my furnishing slots.
6%
DaveMoeDeeFaulgorMultimonTryxusKhenarthiSoupDragonthomas1970b16_ESOTargeSilverWFtourerttrwb17_ESOCoggageStreegaTandorHvzedaFranieckParasaurolophusPhelaenTBoissnackratlillybit 64 votes
No.
23%
zergbase_ESOSlayerSyrenaaisriyth_ESOdodgehopper_ESOpolarbehr76ArtisCaligamy_ESOAlMcFlyGreyleafSentinelMopeyHatBlackSparrowtspecherb14_ESOWhatelse73b14_ESOdanielclarkb16_ESOBarskyria.paganb16_ESOtimb16_ESO85KranderHKitLightning 219 votes
No. Trying to properly decorate a manor/big home with just 700 slots, as an eso plus member, is not even remotely possible.
65%
SirAndyElloaCireousGrafDrescheSorianaSolarikennexxus_ESOJabberWatchYourSixxElder_Martinlordxyrax_ESOkensan62_ESOkrisor67_ESORuseWhitePawPrintsWardogAceYolokin_SwagonbornAvidsparkBigBraggdeepseamk20b14_ESO 612 votes
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. Trying to properly decorate a manor/big home with just 700 slots, as an eso plus member, is not even remotely possible.
    I need like at least double the limit. Either that, or give us actual building materials so I don't have to use 400 tiny stone blocks.
    mCxkEo9.png
  • SSlarg
    SSlarg
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    try it with only 300 slots....

*sniffle*
    PS4 NA PSN - SSlarg
    Currently Looking To Buy:
    NoThInG
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    nope, it is ridiculously low, the same as all the other caps for housing....

PLS ZOS AT LEAST DOUBLE THEM ALL :)!!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by altemriel on May 28, 2017 9:03PM
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got that small one in Vivec City and hOLY *** ONLY 30 SPACES

What the hell I am supposed to do with so few spaces?

I already hit cap on my "main" house and I need more to actually finish it
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Number of housing slots must be increased for sure.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1pvj00.jpg
    GG ZOS.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    However, an increase would be welcome.

i just think as things stand, i would love to see other things for housing prioritized before these increases.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It needs to be quadrupled... I haven't even "built" anything. All I've done is place lucky finds, various trophies (even though they aren't considered trophies), tossed up banners and lorebooks, and the various weekly items that go up for sale and I hit my 700/700 limit. My house looks empty except for a couple spots and paintings/banners.

Currently picking up rocks and shrubs to make room for other achievement pieces... That should be its own item category, Achievement Furnishings.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the cave and am constantly having to re-arrange/remove things so I have some free space for future items. So much of it feels so bare because 700 is simply not enough. I used so many trees to make it seem less bare but it cuts into my limit a great deal.

With I could dip into that 80 collectables bit though.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Daggerfall Overlook. A cap of 1000 might get me to where I could implement my design vision, but 1400 would be much more viable.
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I do not own any super-large manor, I have a medium house. I do have so many undaunted busts and other cool stuff that I would like to show off.
    I would also love to have all my non combat pets and mounts around :(
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    Upping 700 to 8-900 won't do it at all, ZOS needs to at least triple the amount. Anything less than double is unacceptable.
    Maybe double for non-sub and triple for ESO Plus. In all houses ideally, but in notables for sure.
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't need to up the amount, as other posters have said, they need to add more/larger structure building elements into the game. Ones that are rendered on all sides too, unlike several platforms.

Try the recently released Daedric Platform, Ashen. It is gigantic, flat, and is visible from both sides. Currently use it as makeshift walls.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They need to just drop the ammount of mats needed to make a friggan common as dirt item
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean really a large house is 1.2m with 600 slots, and a manor is 3.7m it should be atleast 1500 slots imo.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I own a few small to medium houses for different characters. In some I think the limit is reasonable, but in others I feel that it's far too small and the house looks empty even when it's supposedly "full".

These comments were made with ESO+ in mind, without that I feel the cap on all houses is too small.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but I'm not a dedicated decorator.... so for others it should be raised and by others I don't mean Subscribers only.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add me to your visitors list. I gotts to see dat stuff.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    What ZoS will do though is run a query on the database, determine that most homes have 0 items, so there is no problem.

The problem with this query (like Zos' inventory analysis) is that it compares people that might not play the game in a way that would utilize it with those that don't. E.g. I'm a count. But I've only put some paintings, stations and torture items in one of my 3 manors. Because I'm not decorating yet! I'm grinding alts, farming sets etc... But I watch my wife decorate her place and 700 is not enough to properly decorate a large space in a creative and enjoyable way. 300...good luck!
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pwnyridah wrote: »
    What ZoS will do though is run a query on the database, determine that most homes have 0 items, so there is no problem.

The problem with this query (like Zos' inventory analysis) is that it compares people that might not play the game in a way that would utilize it with those that don't. E.g. I'm a count. But I've only put some paintings, stations and torture items in one of my 3 manors. Because I'm not decorating yet! I'm grinding alts, farming sets etc... But I watch my wife decorate her place and 700 is not enough to properly decorate a large space in a creative and enjoyable way. 300...good luck!

Completely agree.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    No, and when a cup is the same number of items as a giant tree the size of a tower... You know ZOS are doing something wrong
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    poll needs a 'hell no' option.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I get that subscribers should get twice as much space, but even so, I have been in a fully filled big house like that before, and I had to say, it felt empty.

I'd like to have a big house one day, regardless of the cost, but for someone who never intends to subscribe, I'm better off buying a spacious medium house or a smaller big home.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasnt there already been a thread about this ?
    Do not have a problem with space. I think its more than enough
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have outside done and 2 rooms finished in the over look manor while I have upstairs empty and the side room off the main room empty bc lack of slots
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked wrong one. I meant to vote for the normal No sinceI am not ESO+.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I actually have Autumn's Gate. Which is tiny but very cozy. But 200 slots is not cutting it even for a house that small :/ It doesn't look empty, sure, but there're so many details I can't add. They need either more slots or a rework of the system, preferably both. There need to be building materials and also small things that usually are used in bundles should not be taking so many slots. For example, if I want to make a decent looking pile of books - because I love books - that's gonna cost me like 50 slots. Seriously Zeni? I can place 50 giant double(more like quadraple in case of the big redguard one) beds or 50 books? If want to fill a bowl with apples that's like 10 more slots gone(if it's a big bowl). Because every apple...thank gods they don't have cherry, I can imagine that'd take a slot each too :pensive:

Seriously tho, it really needs upped. There're so many more cool things even I could add to my small house - mushrooms under trees, berry shrubs on the ground everywhere, vases with flowers here and there, some fruits just lying around, a giant book pile...yet I just can't. My book pile has in fact been reduced to like 5 books already because I desperately needed more slots for other stuff :( I just can't add more smaller details for more personal touch because then I'll have to sacirifce more things and house will actually look empty. What people do with big houses and just 700 items limit, I have no idea.

It's not just QoL for content we're not gonna pay for, it's something that'd greatly prolong the content for us, make it and the game overall more enjoyable and possibly even inspire us to buy stuff from crown store for our houses.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it feels like playing SIMS in here
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too low. If you have a large house or manor, you basically have to decide whether you'll decorate the inside of the house or the outside, or leave both half empty.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I've barely even started decorating and already I'm reaching the 300 cap in Hunding's Palatial Hall. Even only 600 slots is bad enough for subscribers but 300 for the rest of us is just ridiculous. I say double it for everyone. 600 slots for non-subs and 1200 for subs
    PC/EU DC