The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

**POLL FOR ZOS** Are you happy with the number of housing slots to furnish your home?

• X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    No. Trying to properly decorate a manor/big home with just 700 slots, as an eso plus member, is not even remotely possible.
    As we mentioned when the system launched, the caps are there for performance reasons. We all want the caps to be higher as well and are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future.

As some others have stated, in this post as well as others, bigger building type items would be greatly appreciated. Such as various types of stairways, and bigger slabs of stone. At the time I was trying to decorate( I have given up due to the lack of slots, even with eso plus, and not being able to do what I want without it costing so much of my allotted slots), I think I used like 300 of the biggest stone slabs I could find just to make the outline for the pool I envisioned. This just for a little space inside my Cavern, the rest feels so bare. :disappointed:
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    IMHO the number of slots would be ok IF it meant that each slot was not an item count so much as an item type...

therefor 50 apples would be counted as 1 slot

but I suspect that it is a server load problem that prevents us from getting more... :(
    Edited by Imza on August 28, 2017 10:28AM
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    I honestly don't care to be honest. Sure give the people who are into housing more slots but this should be a low priority considering the amount of gameplay problems with ESO.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I don't even use all of my furnishing slots.
    NO. Currently the amount of slots a non-eso+ member gets is not enough to thoroughly furnish a home and make it look as good as houses out in the world, say a tavern. You place all the candles, chairs, counters and tables but when it gets time to place all the little things like plates, food, books, vases and so on - no slots left.

Feels like another attempt at getting you to spend money on the game cause the only way you'll be remotely able to furnish your home as well as you'd like is by getting eso+.

Is this truly bad? Games don't run for free
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    ...Simply give us an "unusually long load time".

I 100% agree.

ZOS doesn't give a single sh*t about 2 - 4 minute loadscreens in Cyrodiil, but they are afraid of long load times in private housing? Such a juvenile excuse to hide their real motives for limiting furnishings.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »

I 100% agree.

ZOS doesn't give a single sh*t about 2 - 4 minute loadscreens in Cyrodiil, but they are afraid of long load times in private housing? Such a juvenile excuse to hide their real motives for limiting furnishings.

Caring about cyro load times and being able to do something about it are different things, but I imagine you have no experience on the subject at all, right.

In cyro they cant really reduce too much loading like they can in housing
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    The trouble is that it's not just trying to build walls/floors/staircases that takes so many spaces, unless you really go for that big time. Although certainly proper construction components would help, and make more sense.

I have Hundings and I haven't put any extra construction items into it. It has plenty of space and rooms without having to create new ones. But....

It's furnishing it and putting in all the little things that make a home that take the item slots. And that is the same for all the large homes unfortunately. Small to medium sized homes are far easier to furnish satisfactorily without reaching the limit.

I wish I could say the same. I had to build platforms in the cavern to accomodate all the vesting stations, that's almost 100 slots right there. Also built an entry hall to hang all the trophies and bust. Another 100 blocks. Larger building platforms would help a lot in this regard. Hell maybe even make them adjustable for size.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Drazkyth wrote: »
    I honestly don't care to be honest. Sure give the people who are into housing more slots but this should be a low priority considering the amount of gameplay problems with ESO.

Honestly with the amount of cash spent on housing it should be a higher priority than you think. Not everyone plays the same. Housing is just as important to some as other types of play.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

I 100% agree.

Caring about cyro load times and being able to do something about it are different things, but I imagine you have no experience on the subject at all, right.

The purpose of my post was not to dwell what they do and do not care about. The purpose was to point out the FACT that several minute Cyrodiil load screens already exist. Players don't like it, but the majority of us are used to it. Worrying about a housing load screen is oxymoronic. Poll a thousand players and I bet 95% of them would stomach a 3 minute load screen increase if it meant 200 more slots in our house.

You focused on the wrong aspect of my statement.
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    No. Trying to properly decorate a manor/big home with just 700 slots, as an eso plus member, is not even remotely possible.
    i started this game for crafting, pvp and housing. dont care about pve too much. and its the only reason i spent ~200EU for crowns.
    Edited by GrimClaw on August 29, 2017 10:22PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I 100% agree.

The purpose of my post was not to dwell what they do and do not care about. The purpose was to point out the FACT that several minute Cyrodiil load screens already exist. Players don't like it, but the majority of us are used to it. Worrying about a housing load screen is oxymoronic. Poll a thousand players and I bet 95% of them would stomach a 3 minute load screen increase if it meant 200 more slots in our house.

You focused on the wrong aspect of my statement.

Nope, focused on what the developers would. They dont want long load screens, so they are going to avoid them. They would love to have lower Cyro load times. Which means they are not going to add things that slow any load screens significantly
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    They could have raised the item limit by 50 last update as a gesture, and to see how it performs.

I don't buy the performance excuse though. I think they're just biding their time so they can sell space on the crown store. Which is fine. I think we're all expecting that anyway.

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is:- if they sell space on the Crown Store, will it be account bound and usable on all the account's houses, or will it be per house?

If it's per house that will add up to an awful lot Crowns, as most of us have multiple houses. I really hope that won't be the case.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    I dont care about housing at all. I'm not a home-decorator in real-life, so why would I want to do it in-game when there is no use for it?

So you're a sword toting, daedric prince killing, knight, mage, templar, in real life??? You realize the irony in this statement, right?
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    As we mentioned when the system launched, the caps are there for performance reasons. We all want the caps to be higher as well and are working to find ways to try and raise them in the future.

if this is the case , why do you copy past all the map arround the houses instance as we can see here ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9oLJYM6JOs
    3:04.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care about housing at all. I'm not a home-decorator in real-life, so why would I want to do it in-game when there is no use for it?

So you're a sword toting, daedric prince killing, knight, mage, templar, in real life??? You realize the irony in this statement, right?

Indeed. And so why is Huyen even posting in this section of the forum, which is dedicated to players who do care about housing?

My reaction to that is that he's just a troll.
  • MighTyx
    MighTyx
    ✭✭✭
    No.

Here's to hoping ZOS will increase the furnishing slots with the Clockwork City DLC. We need to keep reminding them how important this is to a lot of their customers and that we want this ASAP. Not just as a little bonus they're working on for a year or two later "in the future". We want to see this before the end of 2017. A realistic 50-100% increase to the furnishing cap.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit only recently began to make use of the very good roof space at Castle Claws yes.

The only flat outdoor space at the property where it is possible to place tents.

However now this one she is out of furnishing spaces. So many more great ideas this one she has for Castle Claws - a verdant roof garden, beautiful lighting, many drinks, maybe eventually a water feature.

Castle Claws is a very fine property with so much potential that has not yet been used.

This one also has the tavern and plans to purchase the Hag Fen cottage for a fishing retreat.

But while there are other properties only Castle Claws is home and it is frustrating not to be able to make the very best of it - yet.

This one waits and hopes for an increase. After all the more we can place then the more we will buy.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, is Castle Claws Hundings Palatial Hall?

That is my spiritual home as well. But I too have a limited amount of spaces left, with still so much to do, and so many areas to furnish, both outside and inside.

Please please @ZO$ give us more item slots so that we can properly decorate our homes and gardens.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    So, is Castle Claws Hundings Palatial Hall?

That is my spiritual home as well. But I too have a limited amount of spaces left, with still so much to do, and so many areas to furnish, both outside and inside.

Please please @ZO$ give us more item slots so that we can properly decorate our homes and gardens.

Castle Claws did originally belong to one of the Hunding family before it was purchased by this one. Since then Khajiit has invested in good lighting, many fine bottles of wine and even a guest bathroom with a solid gold convenience.

A little video this one she made can be found here:

https://youtu.be/rbD5lPsJm1I

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See 'no use for it' and then rethink your rebuttal. Housing is a purely cosmetic part of the game. Class and gameplay is not lol
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hit the item limit in Ebonheart Mansion, Velothi Reverie and the house in Eastmarch like a wrecking ball. Please boost.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No.

See 'no use for it' and then rethink your rebuttal. Housing is a purely cosmetic part of the game. Class and gameplay is not lol

It is not purely cosmetic though. 90% of my sales in my trading guilds are furniture. Furniture has a large impact on the economy through a demand for resources, items (the furniture themselves) and recipes. And I imagine the Luxury Furnisher is seen by devs as a very handy gold sink to help combat inflation.
    [EU PC]
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
    Need more spaces? Buy them in the crown store!
  • MighTyx
    MighTyx
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Gracous wrote: »
    Need more spaces? Buy them in the crown store!

We shouldn't have to spend extra for something that is lacking in the first place, especially for larger houses.

They'll get a lot of money just from increasing the furnishing cap for everyone which will bring housing enthusiasts back
    and get people to buy more furnishings and houses in general.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rich.. come on man... this can easily be done..

Outside of any home is the outer zone or "off map". And in these offmaps are furniture items placed by ZOS. Some might be trees, stones, backpacks, torches, camp fires, random hagraven things, and so on. For example, Strident Springs has an entire town in its offmap and even a church lol.. that's taking up a lot of slots I imagine, so just take that town out and give me another 200 or so slots :) if you guys want to make it still feel like there is a town there then, put cloudy images of buildings instead of putting physical objects there taking up all the pixels. Players aren't even suppose to go out there, and there is no way they can see them from inside their house... so why are they in the housing instances and taking up room?
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Nighn_9 wrote: »

Rich.. come on man... this can easily be done..

Outside of any home is the outer zone or "off map". And in these offmaps are furniture items placed by ZOS. Some might be trees, stones, backpacks, torches, camp fires, random hagraven things, and so on. For example, Strident Springs has an entire town in its offmap and even a church lol.. that's taking up a lot of slots I imagine, so just take that town out and give me another 200 or so slots :) if you guys want to make it still feel like there is a town there then, put cloudy images of buildings instead of putting physical objects there taking up all the pixels. Players aren't even suppose to go out there, and there is no way they can see them from inside their house... so why are they in the housing instances and taking up room?

EXACTLY ! it's what i was saying , as we can see on my video, so this is not a " performance problem " they could do it if they wanted ,they just need to remove all these " useless furnitures items " out of the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9oLJYM6JOs
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been recently decorating the Mournoth Keep, and I'm rapidly running out of space. I've got about 100 slots left, and I haven't even touched the interior of the keep yet. I decided I wouldn't have the space so ive had to wall off access to inside the keep completely. No point in having access to a completely empty building right?

I can't imagine trying to decorate a Manor type home.
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been pretty conservative with my slots, or at least thats how I feel about it, and I feel like even that is pushing it. I currently have 474 slots used and I know for a fact Im going to either be coming in very close to 700 if not struggling with it once I reach the limit. Of the items placed 163 are lighting items to cut back on the near black shadows in the Daggerfall Overlook. Nearly 2/7ths of my spaces are sunk into properly lighting this massive manor and its grounds. And maybe aside from some sconces on the entrance gate and the library (where its kind of important to have a well lit room) I dont feel I went overboard. The place is just very dark, day or night without a lot of sconces, candles, chandeliers and streetlights. Maybe I could cut back on the candles and just use a smaller number of sconces in their place but that would kill the mood Im aiming for where I have them, or down right leave certain areas dark where Im using candles to supplement the sconces.

I still need to place a hearth with cooking materials, my workshop for crafting, flush out my Undercroft/War Room with maps and banners (hoping to one day have Guild Banners to place down there). Fill my foyer with some furniture so it doesnt look so empty and unwelcoming. Place a dock with a boat at the escape hatch in the undercroft. As well as placing some shrubbery around the manor to give it some life.

I know I still have room. But I hit 474 without blinking and the manor, even with a very conservative approach is feeling very empty for what I want it to look like. Even with the amount of items I do have. I dont believe for a moment 226 slots are going to cut it to do what I would like. Im no hoarder. The items Ive placed are not just cobbled in like some sort of collection. I want the manor to feel like its somewhere someone would go and live and experience their daily lives in when not adventuring. There are no trophies, and aside from some stonework in the tower to give a better view of Daggerfall, its docks and the road leading to the Overlook. Ive done little in the way of over using any items. Id be estatic with about double the limit for manors.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointed to not see any increase on the PTS...