Maintenance for the week of July 22:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance– July 22
The Scalebreaker DLC game pack and Update 23 base-game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

increase the cool down on the Valkyn Skoria set

  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seriously think that this is a l2p issue. Just block it when you hear the sound and stop qq'ing. It isn't nearly as op as some people seem to think.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    If OP think skoria is bad wait till OP see's a magblade run selenes!


    Grothdar - 10% procs way more than skoria
    Skoria - 8% procs A Lot from dots
    Llambris - 10% proc slightly more
    Infernal guardian - 50% seems to be a 100% uptime fighting a damn sorc with this set
    Nerien'eth - 10% haven't tested this set
    Selene - 15% procs A Lot from incap and or critrush
    Tremor Scale - another one that seems to have almost 100% uptime
    Velidreth - 20% my stam sorc has this up a lot!


    From my PoV skoria is far from being OP on procing all the time. Stam monster sets proc way more than skoria but you have infernal guardian that has damn near a 100% uptime it seems like.

    Or just maybe it's an L2P issue and if that is the case maybe catch up on the CP cap if your not there....



  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    Give Skoria the meteor treatment. Increase the animation and give an indicator so people can know when to block/dodge without having to closely listen to the sound proc. This still makes it so that you need to time your cc for skoria to hit, making it avoidable but still viable.

    Visual indicators would be nice, I agree on that. Even I don't know who it will hit when I hear that sound.

    But on the other hand, how can I time my CC if I can't decide when to proc skoria (cc immunity)? Also, as soon as someone sees that big cirlce around him, he goes into block (at least he should), so making it impossible to CC him if you aren't a nightblade.

    Maybe it would make this set useless. Leaves me with no answer but to make the proc a synergy for me so I can time my cc/ burst/ etc? - but I guess that all would be too much to ask for.

    One way or the other, I don't think the devs will change skoria with the update. So got more time to tinker with ideas.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 11, 2017 3:23PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its fine. Suck it up.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valkyn skoria is overperforming on live in pvp. It basicly proccs on cooldown and deals too much dmg (aoe)
    Altmer Sorceror, magicka
    Bosmer Nightblade, stamina.
    Imperial Templar, stamina
    Redguard Warden, stamina

    Aldmeri Dominion!
    PC EU
    PvP only
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Valkyn skoria is overperforming on live in pvp. It basicly proccs on cooldown and deals too much dmg (aoe)

    Oar dude no. Did you even read this thread? Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

    Here, someone made a test for you. Test > your opinion

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4388529/#Comment_4388529
  • Supertoy31
    Supertoy31
    ✭✭
    Sounds like OP got recently killed by a random Skoria proc effect because he failed to block or ward up against the meteor as it rumbled and created a noise as it began its delayed, telegraphed 2-sec impact.

    This is clearly a L2P issue. Skoria is not overpowered - the apparent lack of skill among these players is.

    Arkadium
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Valkyn skoria is overperforming on live in pvp. It basicly proccs on cooldown and deals too much dmg (aoe)

    Oar dude no. Did you even read this thread? Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

    Here, someone made a test for you. Test > your opinion

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4388529/#Comment_4388529

    I guess my first hand fights with magicka dks in cyrodiil is lying then, silly me.
    Altmer Sorceror, magicka
    Bosmer Nightblade, stamina.
    Imperial Templar, stamina
    Redguard Warden, stamina

    Aldmeri Dominion!
    PC EU
    PvP only
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to increase the cooldown, you gotta increase the damage.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #MidnightSlayers
    #MoreDPSthanYou #ImmortalRedeemerOnStamblade
    #Stamblade
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Valkyn skoria is overperforming on live in pvp. It basicly proccs on cooldown and deals too much dmg (aoe)

    Oar dude no. Did you even read this thread? Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

    Here, someone made a test for you. Test > your opinion

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4388529/#Comment_4388529

    I guess my first hand fights with magicka dks in cyrodiil is lying then, silly me.

    The tests I did doesn´t prove that Skoria can´t proc off-cooldown (within 1 second of the cooldowntimer, it just shows that it´s unlikely to do so.
    WTB a non-bugged werewolf for at least one patch
    (PC/EU)
    Probably the worst Werewolf on PC/EU


    Characters:
    EU
    DC - Octius Ciel - Magicka Sorcerer - Breton
    DC - Evelina Septim - Magicka Templar - Breton
    EP - Josephine Tharn - Magicka Templar - Breton
    DC - Zireael the White Flame - Stamina Sorcerer - Bosmer
    EP - Qbi-One-Kenobi - (Previously Tankus Maximus II) - Argonian
    AD - Anconeus - Magicka Nightblade - High Elf
    EP - Cirilla Élen Riannon - Magica Dragonknight - Dark Elf
    AD - The Cub of Cintra - Stamina Nightblade - Bosmer
    AD - Alinare Larentius - StaminaTemplar - Redguard
    DC - The Alt-Knight - Stamina Dragonknight - Nord
    DC - Féreldir - Magicka Warden - Argonian
    AD - Kuvirá - Stamina Sorcerer - Redguard
    EP - 1vX Material - Stamina Warden - Orc
    EP - Fenrir the Windwalker - Stamina Sorcerer - Orc
    EP - Q_Q Mancer Stamina Necromancer - Orc

    NA
    EP - Sister Q - Stamina Sorcerer - Nord

    Trials
    vAA + HM: Completed
    vHRC + HM: Completed
    vSO + HM: Completed
    vMoL+ HM: Completed
    vMA: Completed, and with 10 characters as Flawless Conquerors.
    vDSA: Completed
    vAS HM: Completed
    vHoF + HM: Completed
    vCR +1
    vBRP
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Valkyn skoria is overperforming on live in pvp. It basicly proccs on cooldown and deals too much dmg (aoe)

    Oar dude no. Did you even read this thread? Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

    Here, someone made a test for you. Test > your opinion

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4388529/#Comment_4388529

    I guess my first hand fights with magicka dks in cyrodiil is lying then, silly me.

    It is.

    Selection bias is a funny thing.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Valkyn skoria is overperforming on live in pvp. It basicly proccs on cooldown and deals too much dmg (aoe)

    Oar dude no. Did you even read this thread? Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

    Here, someone made a test for you. Test > your opinion

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4388529/#Comment_4388529

    I guess my first hand fights with magicka dks in cyrodiil is lying then, silly me.

    It is.

    Selection bias is a funny thing.

    I use skoria on both my mag dk and my mag templar.

    It's Op.
    PS4 EU DC

    Current CP : 756+

    I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.


    RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forum warriors whine for months on end that procs are unhealthy for the game and "free damage" removes skilled game play. But amazingly Skoria doesn't do any of things. Somehow Skoria requires a high skill level to apply all those DOTs I would use with or without the set.

    Skoria is monstrously strong on my mDK and magplar. I couldn't begin to argue that it isn't. Sometimes I pray that DEVs never read these ridiculous forums because the bias is real.
  • Balthyzar
    Balthyzar
    ✭✭✭
    It sure is a good thing that skoria isn't on the list of proc sets that need retooling. They already nerfed it into the dirt compared to most of the stam proc sets or even Grothdar. Since only a handful of templars even use this set, I'm not sure I even understand the point of this post. Most likely it's an l2p issue.
    Balthyzar,
    Heir to House Dagoth & last of the Aundae
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    Give Skoria the meteor treatment. Increase the animation and give an indicator so people can know when to block/dodge without having to closely listen to the sound proc. This still makes it so that you need to time your cc for skoria to hit, making it avoidable but still viable.

    This would also benefit the Skoria user as knowing where the meteor will hit gives them a chance to direct their attention there and make a burst of damage. Making Skoria more viable for group fights in skilled hands.

    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Valkyn skoria is overperforming on live in pvp. It basicly proccs on cooldown and deals too much dmg (aoe)

    Oar dude no. Did you even read this thread? Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

    Here, someone made a test for you. Test > your opinion

    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4388529/#Comment_4388529

    I guess my first hand fights with magicka dks in cyrodiil is lying then, silly me.

    It is.

    Selection bias is a funny thing.

    I use skoria on both my mag dk and my mag templar.

    It's Op.
    Of course, that must be the reason why those classes are so op nowdays...
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

    Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    Give Skoria the meteor treatment. Increase the animation and give an indicator so people can know when to block/dodge without having to closely listen to the sound proc. This still makes it so that you need to time your cc for skoria to hit, making it avoidable but still viable.

    Visual indicators would be nice, I agree on that. Even I don't know who it will hit when I hear that sound.

    But on the other hand, how can I time my CC if I can't decide when to proc skoria (cc immunity)? Also, as soon as someone sees that big cirlce around him, he goes into block (at least he should), so making it impossible to CC him if you aren't a nightblade.

    Maybe it would make this set useless. Leaves me with no answer but to make the proc a synergy for me so I can time my cc/ burst/ etc? - but I guess that all would be too much to ask for.

    One way or the other, I don't think the devs will change skoria with the update. So got more time to tinker with ideas.

    DK fossilise is a hard cc that goes through block. Other specs that use skoria (magplar, dw stamsorc) have stuns available that don't go through block so maybe have an indicator but keep the animation faster than shooting star? Not really sure how else I would change skoria so it remains viable besides reducing the damage.
  • Jayelf
    Jayelf
    ✭✭
    try infernal guardian
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree with OP, Soria does not need a Nerf. It's an example of the old proc sets that weren't an Issue (hence no one really ran it / runs it)

    However I do agree the other proc sets all need removing from the game, they are dull, take skill away from PvE and make PvP a joke.

    Of all the new Proc sets were weak like Skoria it wouldn't be in the mess it is now.

    Skoria was OP once, but a LONG time ago.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus - VR16 (810CP) Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-02-18 - 16-02-18 & Sheogorath 02-05-19 - 07-05-19
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus - Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus - Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

    Fighting for : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Lunar Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | TradersOfNirn2
    Trials : Saviours

    Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus - L40 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets - CP160+ Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valkyn is very strong on a dotbuild, but not OP! For sure many player in PvP use it, because of the burstdamage and the garanted hit. So its easy to use, but only in reason of that many many player prefer this monsterset. The 1th piece bonus dont gives a bonus to damage and need to compensated from 2th bonus.
    Beyond Infinity - PC/EU
    DeHei - AD Magicka Templar Allrounder
    Psycotronix - DC Stamina Dragonknight
    De Freez - DC Magicka Warden
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Drazkyth
    Drazkyth
    ✭✭✭
    Dot builds use Valkyn Skoria because it procs of Dots and gives the user a bit of burst and a chance to lock down their enemy. That's fair.
    However Valkyn Skoria procs all the time. It's essentially giving free damage to the user, while they are not required to put any effort at all to go all out and attack since the set will deal damage in very small intervals of time. It's a matter of time before their enemy dies.
    Valkyn Skoria should not offer free damage. Skoria users should use the moment when the meteor falls and go aggro.
    A meaningful increase in the Cool Down of the effect would not harm the burst phase, but it would make the set more balanced.

    I play a dragon knight and I have lots of Dots that I can apply. However I find that Skoria is overperforming and it needs to be looked after. ESO is taking a very good path with HOTR. Lets make this the best update yet.
    @Zos_GinaBruno

    No, just no.
    PC EU
    British Is Best

    Deekus Xerrean
    Ebonheart Pact Grand Overlord

    Why so salty?
    QQ Some more
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    Dot builds use Valkyn Skoria because it procs of Dots and gives the user a bit of burst and a chance to lock down their enemy. That's fair.
    However Valkyn Skoria procs all the time. It's essentially giving free damage to the user, while they are not required to put any effort at all to go all out and attack since the set will deal damage in very small intervals of time. It's a matter of time before their enemy dies.
    Valkyn Skoria should not offer free damage. Skoria users should use the moment when the meteor falls and go aggro.
    A meaningful increase in the Cool Down of the effect would not harm the burst phase, but it would make the set more balanced.

    I play a dragon knight and I have lots of Dots that I can apply. However I find that Skoria is overperforming and it needs to be looked after. ESO is taking a very good path with HOTR. Lets make this the best update yet.
    @Zos_GinaBruno

    Or maybe you can just learn to play and quit crying over the weakest set in the game.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there's any denying that Skoria is over-performing.
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    So even if we run a PvE magicka DK setup, which is one of the classes that uses the most DoTs in the game, we´re still not close to proc it every 5 seconds.

    Your running a lot of dots in those tests. Probably much more than a magicka dk would run in PvP. Good work. Best to look at the entire picture rather than just call for a nerf because one doesn't like it.

    Heck, that mDK trying to apply all those dots wouldn't get many dots applied before the sDK stood over their corpse. sDK

    I run roughly the same amount of dots in PvP. Volatile, entropy, engulfing, embers, flames.

    The reason skoria seems to proc off cooldown is because it targets the opponent. Being constantly hit by skoria, which does somewhere between 3k to 6k damage depending on target resistance and vamp status effect. I proc skoria a lot during my PvP encounters, but only after i have places my dots on the target, unlike other proc sets that proc off damage done. I rarely never start fights with skoria going off my first dot tick, but sets like selene, tremor, viper, and the one that procs when casting shields have all procs from their very first condition multiple times.

    I do not think skoria needs a longer cooldown. The 5 second cooldown is enough. The condition for skoria makes it balanced.

  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skoria hits for 3-4k in pvp, and I can guarantee you get hit quite often, almost on cd. This is seriously needing a nerf.
    Altmer Sorceror, magicka
    Bosmer Nightblade, stamina.
    Imperial Templar, stamina
    Redguard Warden, stamina

    Aldmeri Dominion!
    PC EU
    PvP only
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    For those of us that don't do PVP and struggle with vMA even with 630+CP and very good gold gear all the nerfs are really [snip] tbh..
    Since I returned to the game, now almost a year ago, after having been away for 1.5 years, it's all been about nerfing to accommodate the PVP players but sticking it hard to PVE players.. First nerf I remember, not long after coming back and having JUST spent weeks farming a full set of Viper was the crit removal from set procs..
    I eventually retired my nb to just being a crafter not long after that, and I have been playing a magsorc for the past 4 months.. I only recently managed to finish my necropotence set with a sharp lightning staff only to have both the set, and sharpened, nerfed not even 2 weeks later..

    I disagree with your ideas of removing proc sets.. Remove them from use in PVP perhaps but please stop *** with PVE players to make up for game mechanic failiures in the PVP part of the game that alot of us don't play..
    A simple effect put on players that cut proc set dmg by 50% in PVP areas maybe?
    Could have had such an effect make set procs not crit in only PVP areas and left PVE as it was tbh.. But I guess that might be 5 lines of code too much for them to have bothered with...

    This game is NEVER going to become balanced until they start putting PVP balance changes separate from how things work in PVE...

    [Edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 12, 2017 7:50PM
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and I am not going to be surprised if the next nerf that comes my way will be to sorc shields, because of all the whining I hear about sorcs stacking shields in PVP..
    The 5.5% loss to crit with the Thief nerf along with the nerf to sharpened and necropotence(though that one wasnt too big, something like 500 magicka in the end) really hurts for solo PVE such as vMA..
    The crit loss means I get alot less heals from Surge to stay alive, and the nerf to Sharpened meant I was forced to change to Lover mundus to be able to stay high on penetration, but that also meant a complete loss of the mundus crit points, which meant alot less crit, dps and Surge healing..
    Honestly, it felt like being punched in the face in vMA after this patch went live.. :(
    I've also been testing 5x IA with 5x Julianos and no monster set, to get alot higher crits.. But that also meant about 12k less max magicka which means smaller shields, and no matter what combinations I try, I have lost somewhere around 2-3k dps from this patch.
    In a group setting probably not even noticeable because you don't need so high innate penetration there, but for vMA, it does matter, alot...
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah magicka sorcs lost damage, because it was to high in relation to other classes. For example, i do more DPS now on my magicka templar with same sets you wear. I think this is more balanced now, because balance mean that you have same options of damage ect with every class..
    Beyond Infinity - PC/EU
    DeHei - AD Magicka Templar Allrounder
    Psycotronix - DC Stamina Dragonknight
    De Freez - DC Magicka Warden
    De Hei(Youtube)
Sign In or Register to comment.