The Scalebreaker DLC game pack and Update 23 base-game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

increase the cool down on the Valkyn Skoria set

  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Did some dps test with Skoria to see if it procs so often as you claim @GeorgeBlack
    Now keep in mind that this is a PvE setup and it´s much easier to maintain a high uptime on your DoTs (also easier to maintain more DoTs) than it is in a PvP scenario, that fact is un-deniable.
    Disclaimer: If some calculation is wrong/incorrect, feel free to point them out.

    For these tests we will have a few common DoTs: (A total of 7 DoTs)
    - Engulfing Flames
    - Burning Embers
    - Blockade of Fire
    - Standard of Might
    - Burning status effect
    - Eruption
    - Rearming Trap

    My setup:
    3nbn6fmo8f41.png

    1st DPS-test: Even though this dps parse is the one that took the most time the uptime on my DoTs are high in this dps parse. Still I messed up this one so not to take this one as very accurate. But we have 9 Skoria-procs during 135 second --> Which gives us a proc-rate of 1 Skoria every 15 seconds (roughly)
    fh3yhbklz3ry.png

    2nd DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 84 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 12 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 7th second
    xlracljhzas5.png

    3rd DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 87 seconds. Amount of Skoria Procs = 11 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 8 second.
    0dmbjejin42b.png

    4th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 80 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 9 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 9th second
    1s2ovcnx8e6d.png

    5th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 82 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 9 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 9th second.
    2xnr0mmm6xbe.png


    DPS-test #6 and #7 are a little different than the previous ones. On these last 2 I only caused damage by using DoTs. These were: Blockade of Fire, Burning Embers, Engulfing Flames and Eruption (Standard of Might is there as well but during a very short amount of time during each parse)

    6th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: 185 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 23 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 8th second.
    qrryzdlnmeis.png

    7th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: 184 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 18 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 10th second.
    wiyex0m40yfy.png


    Now, these test doesn´t prove that Skoria can´t proc off-cooldown. To prove that I would probably have to run another 100 dps test exactly like the previous ones to come to any conclusion. I would assume that @GeorgeBlack have done hundreds of these dps-tests as he/she can say with such confidence that Skoria procs off-cooldown (kappa)

    Now this was single target. Against more enemies we would most likely have more Skoria procs since the DoTs would affect more enemies. As I said earlier it´s easier to maintain more DoTs and have a higher uptime on these in a PvE scenario than in a PvP scenario. In PvP however you might face multiple enemies to apply your DoTs on, but this goes even more in favour for PvE (aside from single target fights).

    So even if we run a PvE magicka DK setup, which is one of the classes that uses the most DoTs in the game, we´re still not close to proc it every 5 seconds.

    OP Rekt.

    TY for providing good evidence that anyone who actually used the set (i.e. every DK who PvE from the release of CoA until Homestead - excluding the Imperial City patch when this set was bugged) as opposed to whining about it already knew.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does not take genius (apparently it does) to know you would have to run like 7 dots that proc each second to have high chance (~70%) of procing skoria "on CD" (aka within 0-1 sec aka within time these dot do damage twice)

    and many dots in this game proc each 2sec...
    Edited by SodanTok on August 1, 2017 10:23PM
    PC | EU | AD
  • frostbreeze
    frostbreeze
    ✭✭✭
    i find this thread funny when they give us free 3k damage per second with torugs pact and a magica proc set that does 4.7 damage proc^^ .But sure,lets nerf a perfectly balanced monster set that has already been nerfed to the ground! I like your thinking :D
    P.S. I Cried when OP said this update is going in the right way :smiley:
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i find this thread funny when they give us free 3k damage per second with torugs pact and a magica proc set that does 4.7 damage proc^^ .But sure,lets nerf a perfectly balanced monster set that has already been nerfed to the ground! I like your thinking :D
    P.S. I Cried when OP said this update is going in the right way :smiley:

    This. Skoria is fine.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

    DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

    #permabanAPFlippers
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Did some dps test with Skoria to see if it procs so often as you claim @GeorgeBlack
    Now keep in mind that this is a PvE setup and it´s much easier to maintain a high uptime on your DoTs (also easier to maintain more DoTs) than it is in a PvP scenario, that fact is un-deniable.
    Disclaimer: If some calculation is wrong/incorrect, feel free to point them out.

    For these tests we will have a few common DoTs: (A total of 7 DoTs)
    - Engulfing Flames
    - Burning Embers
    - Blockade of Fire
    - Standard of Might
    - Burning status effect
    - Eruption
    - Rearming Trap

    My setup:
    3nbn6fmo8f41.png

    1st DPS-test: Even though this dps parse is the one that took the most time the uptime on my DoTs are high in this dps parse. Still I messed up this one so not to take this one as very accurate. But we have 9 Skoria-procs during 135 second --> Which gives us a proc-rate of 1 Skoria every 15 seconds (roughly)
    fh3yhbklz3ry.png

    2nd DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 84 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 12 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 7th second
    xlracljhzas5.png

    3rd DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 87 seconds. Amount of Skoria Procs = 11 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 8 second.
    0dmbjejin42b.png

    4th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 80 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 9 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 9th second
    1s2ovcnx8e6d.png

    5th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 82 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 9 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 9th second.
    2xnr0mmm6xbe.png


    DPS-test #6 and #7 are a little different than the previous ones. On these last 2 I only caused damage by using DoTs. These were: Blockade of Fire, Burning Embers, Engulfing Flames and Eruption (Standard of Might is there as well but during a very short amount of time during each parse)

    6th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: 185 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 23 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 8th second.
    qrryzdlnmeis.png

    7th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: 184 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 18 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 10th second.
    wiyex0m40yfy.png


    Now, these test doesn´t prove that Skoria can´t proc off-cooldown. To prove that I would probably have to run another 100 dps test exactly like the previous ones to come to any conclusion. I would assume that @GeorgeBlack have done hundreds of these dps-tests as he/she can say with such confidence that Skoria procs off-cooldown (kappa)

    Now this was single target. Against more enemies we would most likely have more Skoria procs since the DoTs would affect more enemies. As I said earlier it´s easier to maintain more DoTs and have a higher uptime on these in a PvE scenario than in a PvP scenario. In PvP however you might face multiple enemies to apply your DoTs on, but this goes even more in favour for PvE (aside from single target fights).

    So even if we run a PvE magicka DK setup, which is one of the classes that uses the most DoTs in the game, we´re still not close to proc it every 5 seconds.

    Your science dot just proc'd my valkyn skoria.

    Not really sure what that´s supposed to mean but, sure ^^
    WTB a non-bugged werewolf for at least one patch
    (PC/EU)
    Probably the worst Werewolf on PC/EU


    Characters:
    EU
    DC - Octius Ciel - Magicka Sorcerer - Breton
    DC - Evelina Septim - Magicka Templar - Breton
    EP - Josephine Tharn - Magicka Templar - Breton
    DC - Zireael the White Flame - Stamina Sorcerer - Bosmer
    EP - Qbi-One-Kenobi - (Previously Tankus Maximus II) - Argonian
    AD - Anconeus - Magicka Nightblade - High Elf
    EP - Cirilla Élen Riannon - Magica Dragonknight - Dark Elf
    AD - The Cub of Cintra - Stamina Nightblade - Redguard
    AD - Alinare Larentius - Magicka Templar - High Elf
    DC - The Alt-Knight - Stamina Dragonknight - Nord
    DC - Féreldir - Magicka Warden - Argonian
    AD - Kuvirá - Stamina Sorcerer - Redguard
    EP - 1vX Material - Stamina Warden - Orc
    EP - Fenrir the Windwalker - Stamina Sorcerer - Orc
    EP - Q_Q Mancer Stamina Necromancer - Orc

    NA
    EP - Sister Q - Stamina Sorcerer - Nord

    Trials
    vAA + HM: Completed
    vHRC + HM: Completed
    vSO + HM: Completed
    vMoL+ HM: Completed
    vMA: Completed, and with 10 characters as Flawless Conquerors.
    vDSA: Completed
    vAS HM: Completed
    vHoF + HM: Completed
    vCR +1
    vBRP
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Did some dps test with Skoria to see if it procs so often as you claim @GeorgeBlack
    Now keep in mind that this is a PvE setup and it´s much easier to maintain a high uptime on your DoTs (also easier to maintain more DoTs) than it is in a PvP scenario, that fact is un-deniable.
    Disclaimer: If some calculation is wrong/incorrect, feel free to point them out.

    For these tests we will have a few common DoTs: (A total of 7 DoTs)
    - Engulfing Flames
    - Burning Embers
    - Blockade of Fire
    - Standard of Might
    - Burning status effect
    - Eruption
    - Rearming Trap

    My setup:
    3nbn6fmo8f41.png

    1st DPS-test: Even though this dps parse is the one that took the most time the uptime on my DoTs are high in this dps parse. Still I messed up this one so not to take this one as very accurate. But we have 9 Skoria-procs during 135 second --> Which gives us a proc-rate of 1 Skoria every 15 seconds (roughly)
    fh3yhbklz3ry.png

    2nd DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 84 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 12 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 7th second
    xlracljhzas5.png

    3rd DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 87 seconds. Amount of Skoria Procs = 11 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 8 second.
    0dmbjejin42b.png

    4th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 80 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 9 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 9th second
    1s2ovcnx8e6d.png

    5th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 82 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 9 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 9th second.
    2xnr0mmm6xbe.png


    DPS-test #6 and #7 are a little different than the previous ones. On these last 2 I only caused damage by using DoTs. These were: Blockade of Fire, Burning Embers, Engulfing Flames and Eruption (Standard of Might is there as well but during a very short amount of time during each parse)

    6th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: 185 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 23 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 8th second.
    qrryzdlnmeis.png

    7th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: 184 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 18 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 10th second.
    wiyex0m40yfy.png


    Now, these test doesn´t prove that Skoria can´t proc off-cooldown. To prove that I would probably have to run another 100 dps test exactly like the previous ones to come to any conclusion. I would assume that @GeorgeBlack have done hundreds of these dps-tests as he/she can say with such confidence that Skoria procs off-cooldown (kappa)

    Now this was single target. Against more enemies we would most likely have more Skoria procs since the DoTs would affect more enemies. As I said earlier it´s easier to maintain more DoTs and have a higher uptime on these in a PvE scenario than in a PvP scenario. In PvP however you might face multiple enemies to apply your DoTs on, but this goes even more in favour for PvE (aside from single target fights).

    So even if we run a PvE magicka DK setup, which is one of the classes that uses the most DoTs in the game, we´re still not close to proc it every 5 seconds.

    Your science dot just proc'd my valkyn skoria.

    Not really sure what that´s supposed to mean but, sure ^^


    HAHA HAHAHA. Ohh.. look at you.. I knew I'd try to make those muddy waters clear and see if you can nurish your ego.






    Skoria Procs way too often. With the right build you've got an unkillable toon.
    More and more people avoid Cyrodiil and that is because Zos cannot identify and kill features that are not good for the game.
    Keep defending them if it makes you feel good.
    Can't wait for transmogrification to hit.
    Then you'll see that combat in Eso needs to be looked at and all it's features included. And one of them is damage dealing armors, part of which is Skoria.
    "Skoria has been like in the game since..." great logic. They should all go.

  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    Dot builds use Valkyn Skoria because it procs of Dots and gives the user a bit of burst and a chance to lock down their enemy. That's fair.
    However Valkyn Skoria procs all the time. It's essentially giving free damage to the user, while they are not required to put any effort at all to go all out and attack since the set will deal damage in very small intervals of time. It's a matter of time before their enemy dies.
    Valkyn Skoria should not offer free damage. Skoria users should use the moment when the meteor falls and go aggro.
    A meaningful increase in the Cool Down of the effect would not harm the burst phase, but it would make the set more balanced.

    I play a dragon knight and I have lots of Dots that I can apply. However I find that Skoria is overperforming and it needs to be looked after. ESO is taking a very good path with HOTR. Lets make this the best update yet.
    @Zos_GinaBruno

    I would also support to remove all proc (any types) out of the game.

    Yeah because sets like ravager and ashen grip are way too strong!
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Did some dps test with Skoria to see if it procs so often as you claim @GeorgeBlack
    Now keep in mind that this is a PvE setup and it´s much easier to maintain a high uptime on your DoTs (also easier to maintain more DoTs) than it is in a PvP scenario, that fact is un-deniable.
    Disclaimer: If some calculation is wrong/incorrect, feel free to point them out.

    For these tests we will have a few common DoTs: (A total of 7 DoTs)
    - Engulfing Flames
    - Burning Embers
    - Blockade of Fire
    - Standard of Might
    - Burning status effect
    - Eruption
    - Rearming Trap

    My setup:
    3nbn6fmo8f41.png

    1st DPS-test: Even though this dps parse is the one that took the most time the uptime on my DoTs are high in this dps parse. Still I messed up this one so not to take this one as very accurate. But we have 9 Skoria-procs during 135 second --> Which gives us a proc-rate of 1 Skoria every 15 seconds (roughly)
    fh3yhbklz3ry.png

    2nd DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 84 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 12 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 7th second
    xlracljhzas5.png

    3rd DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 87 seconds. Amount of Skoria Procs = 11 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 8 second.
    0dmbjejin42b.png

    4th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 80 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 9 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 9th second
    1s2ovcnx8e6d.png

    5th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: Roughly 82 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 9 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 9th second.
    2xnr0mmm6xbe.png


    DPS-test #6 and #7 are a little different than the previous ones. On these last 2 I only caused damage by using DoTs. These were: Blockade of Fire, Burning Embers, Engulfing Flames and Eruption (Standard of Might is there as well but during a very short amount of time during each parse)

    6th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: 185 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 23 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 8th second.
    qrryzdlnmeis.png

    7th DPS-test:
    Fight duration: 184 seconds. Amount of Skoria procs = 18 --> Which gives us a procrate of 1 Skoria every 10th second.
    wiyex0m40yfy.png


    Now, these test doesn´t prove that Skoria can´t proc off-cooldown. To prove that I would probably have to run another 100 dps test exactly like the previous ones to come to any conclusion. I would assume that @GeorgeBlack have done hundreds of these dps-tests as he/she can say with such confidence that Skoria procs off-cooldown (kappa)

    Now this was single target. Against more enemies we would most likely have more Skoria procs since the DoTs would affect more enemies. As I said earlier it´s easier to maintain more DoTs and have a higher uptime on these in a PvE scenario than in a PvP scenario. In PvP however you might face multiple enemies to apply your DoTs on, but this goes even more in favour for PvE (aside from single target fights).

    So even if we run a PvE magicka DK setup, which is one of the classes that uses the most DoTs in the game, we´re still not close to proc it every 5 seconds.

    Your science dot just proc'd my valkyn skoria.

    Not really sure what that´s supposed to mean but, sure ^^


    HAHA HAHAHA. Ohh.. look at you.. I knew I'd try to make those muddy waters clear and see if you can nurish your ego.






    Skoria Procs way too often. With the right build you've got an unkillable toon.
    More and more people avoid Cyrodiil and that is because Zos cannot identify and kill features that are not good for the game.
    Keep defending them if it makes you feel good.
    Can't wait for transmogrification to hit.
    Then you'll see that combat in Eso needs to be looked at and all it's features included. And one of them is damage dealing armors, part of which is Skoria.
    "Skoria has been like in the game since..." great logic. They should all go.

    Still waiting for those evidence to support your claims...
    WTB a non-bugged werewolf for at least one patch
    (PC/EU)
    Probably the worst Werewolf on PC/EU


    Characters:
    EU
    DC - Octius Ciel - Magicka Sorcerer - Breton
    DC - Evelina Septim - Magicka Templar - Breton
    EP - Josephine Tharn - Magicka Templar - Breton
    DC - Zireael the White Flame - Stamina Sorcerer - Bosmer
    EP - Qbi-One-Kenobi - (Previously Tankus Maximus II) - Argonian
    AD - Anconeus - Magicka Nightblade - High Elf
    EP - Cirilla Élen Riannon - Magica Dragonknight - Dark Elf
    AD - The Cub of Cintra - Stamina Nightblade - Redguard
    AD - Alinare Larentius - Magicka Templar - High Elf
    DC - The Alt-Knight - Stamina Dragonknight - Nord
    DC - Féreldir - Magicka Warden - Argonian
    AD - Kuvirá - Stamina Sorcerer - Redguard
    EP - 1vX Material - Stamina Warden - Orc
    EP - Fenrir the Windwalker - Stamina Sorcerer - Orc
    EP - Q_Q Mancer Stamina Necromancer - Orc

    NA
    EP - Sister Q - Stamina Sorcerer - Nord

    Trials
    vAA + HM: Completed
    vHRC + HM: Completed
    vSO + HM: Completed
    vMoL+ HM: Completed
    vMA: Completed, and with 10 characters as Flawless Conquerors.
    vDSA: Completed
    vAS HM: Completed
    vHoF + HM: Completed
    vCR +1
    vBRP
  • IxskullzxI
    IxskullzxI
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Procs way too often." It requires you to run dots, first of all. It's not like it procs on any damage. It only has a high uptime if you run multiple dots. Also, it can proc on any dot. You have no idea who it's going to proc on when fighting multiple people. As shown by the test in this thread, even with multiple dots on a target, it doesn't proc off cooldown. The only time you will see it proc near off cooldown is when you have multiple dots on multiple people, but again, you have no idea who it's going to proc on. Skoria is fine. If you can't see that, Idk what to tell you.
    #HowDoYouLikeYourDK?
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭








    HAHA HAHAHA. Ohh.. look at you.. I knew I'd try to make those muddy waters clear and see if you can nurish your ego.






    Skoria Procs way too often. With the right build you've got an unkillable toon.
    More and more people avoid Cyrodiil and that is because Zos cannot identify and kill features that are not good for the game.
    Keep defending them if it makes you feel good.
    Can't wait for transmogrification to hit.
    Then you'll see that combat in Eso needs to be looked at and all it's features included. And one of them is damage dealing armors, part of which is Skoria.
    "Skoria has been like in the game since..." great logic. They should all go.

    so OP just gonna ignore his theory being BTFO

    is this a troll thread? lmao
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭







    HAHA HAHAHA. Ohh.. look at you.. I knew I'd try to make those muddy waters clear and see if you can nurish your ego.






    Skoria Procs way too often. With the right build you've got an unkillable toon.
    More and more people avoid Cyrodiil and that is because Zos cannot identify and kill features that are not good for the game.
    Keep defending them if it makes you feel good.
    Can't wait for transmogrification to hit.
    Then you'll see that combat in Eso needs to be looked at and all it's features included. And one of them is damage dealing armors, part of which is Skoria.
    "Skoria has been like in the game since..." great logic. They should all go.

    so OP just gonna ignore his theory being BTFO

    is this a troll thread? lmao

    You wont get to create 60 threads in 3 months without some hard bias and desire not to let anyone change your opinion :)
    PC | EU | AD
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes skoria does proc a lot, but compared to Selene, grothdar, veledrith, it doesn't proc enough.

    If I can ambush, surprise attack, incap proc selene 99% of the time that's bad

    Were as skoria I have all my dots and I'm continuelously weaving light attacks to proc skoria. Uptime maybe 60% no need for a decrease in proc chance or CD
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like OP got recently killed by a random Skoria proc effect because he failed to block or ward up against the meteor as it rumbled and created a noise as it began its delayed, telegraphed 2-sec impact.

    This is clearly a L2P issue. Skoria is not overpowered - the apparent lack of skill among these players is.

    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a suggestion... just boot anyone off the forum who calls for a nerf at this point.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If anything an indicator or rollable. Don't *** it for pve.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a dot build in pvp an here's what I experience.

    1) You have to apply several dots, if you just run one or two DoTs it will definitively NOT proc on cooldown

    2) Having to apply several DoTs means you have to go through many gcd until you have a relativ constant proc chance

    3) Everyone with a purge or a Templar nearby can clean DoTs off, means it's far more difficult to proc Skoria than any set that just demands melee / weapon damage done or simply to take damage

    4) It has a sound indicator and a short delay afterwards

    5) Except for 1v1 You usually go against several opponents, means you have neither control about when it procs and on who.

    One cleanse can completely shut down your DoTs and therefor your proc chance + the inability to select WHO and when I want it to hit are the biggest issues on this. Therefore it would be a bad idea to make it reflectable. An additional visual indicator would go a long way for both ends of this set.

    Agreed. People think it's super easy to proc skoria all the time but actually it requires a ton of upkeep on dots which requires good resource management and being able to mitigate and soak up damage until you can get that burst.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bakkagami wrote: »
    Making skoria dodgeable would keep the same effectiveness in pve while adding counter play to it in pvp situations.

    Against a solid player that can tell when proc is coming it would be a simple matter of dodging the burst if you determine it necessary, while at the same time giving skoria users the opportunity to react to that counter play by stunning at the time skoria drops to keep opponent from dodging.

    U could block it enough stuff can be dodge rolled
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait did you actually raised a topic from a few weeks ago in order to repeat the same old crap that the status quo supports?

    Valkyn Skoria is OP and it should have it's CD increased.
    It offers free dmg, way too often, to tanky dot users.

    If it was up to me there shouldn't be any damage proc sets.
    Use your damn abilities. There are so many in the game that deal damage in different ways.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on August 10, 2017 7:05AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait did you actually raised a topic from a few weeks ago in order to repeat the same old crap that the status quo supports?

    Valkyn Skoria is OP and it should have it's CD increased.
    It offers free dmg, way too often, to tanky dot users.

    If it was up to me there shouldn't be any damage proc sets.
    Use your damn abilities. There are so many in the game that deal damage in different ways.

    But it isn't up to you. It's up to the devs and apparently they are happy with the damage output of proc sets and with their existance in general. So either use that as a starting point for arguments or quit.
    I don't like root + stun spamming, permablocking DK's but do I shout out for them to be deleted?

    And about skoria, it's not as easy or reliable to use as selene, velidreth, tremorscale, viper, red mountain, etc. The damage is comparably low to high burst sets, the proccing is low compared to easy to use sets.

    Taking this from TESO Wiki:

    Velidreth: 20% - all dmg - 10320 dmg - 9 sec (but 3 spores) - no indicator when it procs, but the spores then - walk away
    Selene: 15% - direct melee dmg - 12000 dmg - 4 sec - visual+sound indicator, delay - dodge, block/Shield, roll
    Tremor : 50% - taunts - 6500dmg + snare - 4 sec - visual indicator, delay - dodge, block/ Shield, roll
    Stormfist: 10% - all dmg - 12500 AoE dmg - 9 sec - no indicator, but a DoT - walk way
    Skora: 8% - DoT - 9000dmg + 4k AoE - 5 sec - sound indicator, block/ shield

    Higher cooldown than Selene and Tremor.
    Lower damage than Velidreth, Selene and Stormfist.
    Lower proc chance then them all.
    Harder to proc in general since multiple DoTs have to be applied, which also can be cleansed (either by purge or a synergy).
    Harder to proc on the right target because you have to keep dots on multiple opponents in cyrodiil.
    It even has more indicators befor it procs than Stormfst and Velidreth.

    So it's justified that there is only counterplay in blocking/shielding and the cooldown is okay also, since it wont proc on cooldown on the same person.

    Only thing thats questionable is that there is no visual indicator. But that's also the problem for the skoria-user.

    Edit: Usually I'm no friend of so little counterplay. But in this case I think it's okay to not be dodgeable since it isn't like you can spam this back to back at will, unlike some other class spam that hit's me harder than skoria. So what?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 10, 2017 8:27AM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Chilly-McFreeze

    Wait what..? You are telling me to accept Skoria since the devs are happy with it, or quit.
    The you proceed to criticize some other gear sets, which are also work of the devs?

    I find faults with aspects of the game according to my point of view. If it makes sense to the devs, they can make changes.
    I don't care about your view, and I'd LOVE to see you MAKING ME quit, internet fellow.

    Now.. since you told me to accept Skoria or get out, and then you went on to argue about some other stupid gear sets, you've shown me that you got nothing useful for me to read on this topic or any other. Why should I waste my time with you? Ignored.

  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

    Wait what..? You are telling me to accept Skoria since the devs are happy with it, or quit.
    The you proceed to criticize some other gear sets, which are also work of the devs?

    I find faults with aspects of the game according to my point of view. If it makes sense to the devs, they can make changes.
    I don't care about your view, and I'd LOVE to see you MAKING ME quit, internet fellow.

    Now.. since you told me to accept Skoria or get out, and then you went on to argue about some other stupid gear sets, you've shown me that you got nothing useful for me to read on this topic or any other. Why should I waste my time with you? Ignored.

    Reminds me of a kid holding his hands over his ears yelling I can't hear you.

    If you read what he wrote he gave very clear reason why skoria is fine.

    The damage is lower then other sets harder to proc you can't controle who it hits unless it 1v1. On top of all that you can hear it coming and hold block to negate most of the damage.

    I know many stam build just want to be able to dodge roll all damage while they heal up but this set is the only real burst some classes have. It's also a counter to the low health dodge roller trying to get away and you can't hit them.

    The set is fine as is so are the other proc sets now.

    What I am against is stacking of proc sets this is wat really needs to come down. One proc is not the issue it's the ability to stack these proc sets together.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

    Wait what..? You are telling me to accept Skoria since the devs are happy with it, or quit.
    The you proceed to criticize some other gear sets, which are also work of the devs?

    I find faults with aspects of the game according to my point of view. If it makes sense to the devs, they can make changes.
    I don't care about your view, and I'd LOVE to see you MAKING ME quit, internet fellow.

    Now.. since you told me to accept Skoria or get out, and then you went on to argue about some other stupid gear sets, you've shown me that you got nothing useful for me to read on this topic or any other. Why should I waste my time with you? Ignored.

    Reminds me of a kid holding his hands over his ears yelling I can't hear you.

    If you read what he wrote he gave very clear reason why skoria is fine.

    The damage is lower then other sets harder to proc you can't controle who it hits unless it 1v1. On top of all that you can hear it coming and hold block to negate most of the damage.

    I know many stam build just want to be able to dodge roll all damage while they heal up but this set is the only real burst some classes have. It's also a counter to the low health dodge roller trying to get away and you can't hit them.

    The set is fine as is so are the other proc sets now.

    What I am against is stacking of proc sets this is wat really needs to come down. One proc is not the issue it's the ability to stack these proc sets together.

    MagDK skoria tank is unkillable.
    MagTemp skoria tank is unkillable.
    StamNB selene/velidreth offers little room for counter.
    I could go on with cancerous builds and you'd go on with very strict builds who's only function is to counter 1 only enemy build.
    I find that any aspect in the game that leads to such scenarios should be addressed.
    Call it proctard, call it perma roll dodge, call it shieldstacking, call it perma block.
    I don't have a bias. I don't offer "l2p" answers which have limited function as mentioned above.


    Edited by GeorgeBlack on August 10, 2017 8:58AM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK skoria tank is unkillable.
    MagTemp skoria tank is unkillable.

    What do you mean by tank?
    You must be talking about 1v1? Because Grothdarr is the obvious choice in XvX.

    If you can't kill someone on your own, get a group.

    People have provided parses and justification on why they think Skoria is OK.
    You've just gave your opinion on it.

    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    MagDK skoria tank is unkillable.
    MagTemp skoria tank is unkillable.

    What do you mean by tank?
    You must be talking about 1v1? Because Grothdarr is the obvious choice in XvX.

    If you can't kill someone on your own, get a group.

    People have provided parses and justification on why they think Skoria is OK.
    You've just gave your opinion on it.

    This is one of the more sound posts in this thread. Ok, there are others including the player that actually tested it with more dots that one would use in PvP.

    This set is far from an issue in PvP. Far from it.
    Really, idk
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

    Wait what..? You are telling me to accept Skoria since the devs are happy with it, or quit.
    The you proceed to criticize some other gear sets, which are also work of the devs?

    I find faults with aspects of the game according to my point of view. If it makes sense to the devs, they can make changes.
    I don't care about your view, and I'd LOVE to see you MAKING ME quit, internet fellow.

    Now.. since you told me to accept Skoria or get out, and then you went on to argue about some other stupid gear sets, you've shown me that you got nothing useful for me to read on this topic or any other. Why should I waste my time with you? Ignored.

    While I agree that "the devs think it's balanced" is a bad defence. Skoria is fine.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

    Wait what..? You are telling me to accept Skoria since the devs are happy with it, or quit.
    The you proceed to criticize some other gear sets, which are also work of the devs?

    I find faults with aspects of the game according to my point of view. If it makes sense to the devs, they can make changes.
    I don't care about your view, and I'd LOVE to see you MAKING ME quit, internet fellow.

    Now.. since you told me to accept Skoria or get out, and then you went on to argue about some other stupid gear sets, you've shown me that you got nothing useful for me to read on this topic or any other. Why should I waste my time with you? Ignored.

    Reminds me of a kid holding his hands over his ears yelling I can't hear you.

    If you read what he wrote he gave very clear reason why skoria is fine.

    The damage is lower then other sets harder to proc you can't controle who it hits unless it 1v1. On top of all that you can hear it coming and hold block to negate most of the damage.

    I know many stam build just want to be able to dodge roll all damage while they heal up but this set is the only real burst some classes have. It's also a counter to the low health dodge roller trying to get away and you can't hit them.

    The set is fine as is so are the other proc sets now.

    What I am against is stacking of proc sets this is wat really needs to come down. One proc is not the issue it's the ability to stack these proc sets together.

    MagDK skoria tank is unkillable.
    MagTemp skoria tank is unkillable.
    StamNB selene/velidreth offers little room for counter.
    I could go on with cancerous builds and you'd go on with very strict builds who's only function is to counter 1 only enemy build.
    I find that any aspect in the game that leads to such scenarios should be addressed.
    Call it proctard, call it perma roll dodge, call it shieldstacking, call it perma block.
    I don't have a bias. I don't offer "l2p" answers which have limited function as mentioned above.


    You have a whole list of what you call "cancerous builds" and then say you don't have a bias?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

    Wait what..? You are telling me to accept Skoria since the devs are happy with it, or quit.
    The you proceed to criticize some other gear sets, which are also work of the devs?

    I find faults with aspects of the game according to my point of view. If it makes sense to the devs, they can make changes.
    I don't care about your view, and I'd LOVE to see you MAKING ME quit, internet fellow.

    Now.. since you told me to accept Skoria or get out, and then you went on to argue about some other stupid gear sets, you've shown me that you got nothing useful for me to read on this topic or any other. Why should I waste my time with you? Ignored.

    Reminds me of a kid holding his hands over his ears yelling I can't hear you.

    If you read what he wrote he gave very clear reason why skoria is fine.

    The damage is lower then other sets harder to proc you can't controle who it hits unless it 1v1. On top of all that you can hear it coming and hold block to negate most of the damage.

    I know many stam build just want to be able to dodge roll all damage while they heal up but this set is the only real burst some classes have. It's also a counter to the low health dodge roller trying to get away and you can't hit them.

    The set is fine as is so are the other proc sets now.

    What I am against is stacking of proc sets this is wat really needs to come down. One proc is not the issue it's the ability to stack these proc sets together.

    MagDK skoria tank is unkillable.
    MagTemp skoria tank is unkillable.
    StamNB selene/velidreth offers little room for counter.
    I could go on with cancerous builds and you'd go on with very strict builds who's only function is to counter 1 only enemy build.
    I find that any aspect in the game that leads to such scenarios should be addressed.
    Call it proctard, call it perma roll dodge, call it shieldstacking, call it perma block.
    I don't have a bias. I don't offer "l2p" answers which have limited function as mentioned above.


    You have a whole list of what you call "cancerous builds" and then say you don't have a bias?

    This
    Gamer tag: ShenronNacht NA Xbox One
    1100+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er
    Shepherd of Rot - Stamina Necromancer
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    @Chilly-McFreeze

    Wait what..? You are telling me to accept Skoria since the devs are happy with it, or quit.
    The you proceed to criticize some other gear sets, which are also work of the devs?

    I find faults with aspects of the game according to my point of view. If it makes sense to the devs, they can make changes.
    I don't care about your view, and I'd LOVE to see you MAKING ME quit, internet fellow.

    Now.. since you told me to accept Skoria or get out, and then you went on to argue about some other stupid gear sets, you've shown me that you got nothing useful for me to read on this topic or any other. Why should I waste my time with you? Ignored.

    While I agree that "the devs think it's balanced" is a bad defence. Skoria is fine.

    Nah, that "the devs are okay with it" was about the existence of these sets in general. Also it's far too late now to get completely rid of them. Do I like them? Not really. But it's part of the game so calling for a nerf to one set specifically won't help his agenda to get rid of them and a sorry excuse to call for a specific skoria nerf when it's one of the more okayish proc sets.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze

    Wait what..? You are telling me to accept Skoria since the devs are happy with it, or quit.
    The you proceed to criticize some other gear sets, which are also work of the devs?

    I find faults with aspects of the game according to my point of view. If it makes sense to the devs, they can make changes.
    I don't care about your view, and I'd LOVE to see you MAKING ME quit, internet fellow.

    Now.. since you told me to accept Skoria or get out, and then you went on to argue about some other stupid gear sets, you've shown me that you got nothing useful for me to read on this topic or any other. Why should I waste my time with you? Ignored.

    Reminds me of a kid holding his hands over his ears yelling I can't hear you.

    If you read what he wrote he gave very clear reason why skoria is fine.

    The damage is lower then other sets harder to proc you can't controle who it hits unless it 1v1. On top of all that you can hear it coming and hold block to negate most of the damage.

    I know many stam build just want to be able to dodge roll all damage while they heal up but this set is the only real burst some classes have. It's also a counter to the low health dodge roller trying to get away and you can't hit them.

    The set is fine as is so are the other proc sets now.

    What I am against is stacking of proc sets this is wat really needs to come down. One proc is not the issue it's the ability to stack these proc sets together.

    MagDK skoria tank is unkillable.
    MagTemp skoria tank is unkillable.
    Unkillable how? In what scenarios, and how would skoria contribute to that?? Guy makes less and less sense with each post.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

    Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Give Skoria the meteor treatment. Increase the animation and give an indicator so people can know when to block/dodge without having to closely listen to the sound proc. This still makes it so that you need to time your cc for skoria to hit, making it avoidable but still viable.
Sign In or Register to comment.