Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 26, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

increase the cool down on the Valkyn Skoria set

  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Skoria hits for 3-4k in pvp, and I can guarantee you get hit quite often, almost on cd. This is seriously needing a nerf.

    Double damage poisons do more damage than that over 5 seconds.

    Someone gave proof that it procs almost on cooldown using ~7 dots with ~100% uptime in a static PvE environment.

    Show us your findings and I'll jump on your wagon with you.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall getting CCed in any manner by the skoria meteor and any proc set essentially gives free damage to the user. A great many players wear proc sets due to their he monster sets.

    The damage from this set can be mitigated since there is a sound when the meteor procs. Much of anything he changes on the pts concerning proc sets has to do with being able to avoid or at least mitigate the sake of proc sets.

    Hello again. When in this post did I asked for a nerf to the damage? It's the frequence that makes the set OP.

    Maybe the frequency is a lot for a DK, which has a ton of passive dots, or Templar that can spam dot skill attacks like jabs as a main attack but what about a mageblade? As a mageblade I don't have spammable dot skills like jabs, or passive dots. I've got lotus fan, cripple, and agony. Agony sucks in pvp anyways so that only really leaves me 2 dots. Cripple and lotus. These are rotational skills not spammables. The frequency of skoria is already far less for a mageblade then DK or Templar. As a mageblade my frequency relies on 2 dot skills so It doesn't proc consistently because we are not using spammable dot attacks, or have a lot of passive dot damage. You nerf the frequency it's a big nerf to mageblade. As others have already stated its one of the easiest procs to defend against. You hear it coming you block. Besides with battle spirit reductions and blocking, the damage done is on par with other proc sets like valedreth and selens. Which has a more reliable proc rate. This set is not over performing.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South

    https://www.twitch.tv/legacydm
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCxGJuKhiIklxzqWF_9shWYA
  • gpreid81
    gpreid81
    ✭✭
    Dot builds use Valkyn Skoria because it procs of Dots and gives the user a bit of burst and a chance to lock down their enemy. That's fair.
    However Valkyn Skoria procs all the time. It's essentially giving free damage to the user, while they are not required to put any effort at all to go all out and attack since the set will deal damage in very small intervals of time. It's a matter of time before their enemy dies.
    Valkyn Skoria should not offer free damage. Skoria users should use the moment when the meteor falls and go aggro.
    A meaningful increase in the Cool Down of the effect would not harm the burst phase, but it would make the set more balanced.

    I play a dragon knight and I have lots of Dots that I can apply. However I find that Skoria is overperforming and it needs to be looked after. ESO is taking a very good path with HOTR. Lets make this the best update yet.
    @Zos_GinaBruno

    You play iam shocked lvl up man pts and forum play isn't the same as in game try playing a little or much hurrah
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support proc damage not activating on players and returning crits back to proc sets in PVE.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely should have a longer cooldown/lower chance to proc.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Wrobel Please change this set so it will proc less often.
    Thanks! :)
    Edited by Universe on August 24, 2017 4:50PM
    I Soloed Saint Llothis the Pious(Trial Boss)
    My Youtube channel: Universe ESO
    Main character:
    Universe - AD magicka sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, The Trial Bosses Solo Slayer
    Top alts: Genius(Stamina/Magicka Dragonknight) The Force(Stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    ESO player since beta & early access
    PC EU server
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Guild Master of "The Champions" - AD AvA & Dueling guild
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely should have no longer cooldown/lower chance to proc.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Wrobel Please don't change this set bc it's well balanced.
    Thanks! :smile:
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely should have no longer cooldown/lower chance to proc.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Wrobel Please don't change this set bc it's well balanced.
    Thanks! :smile:

    Not balanced at all.
    But I'm not going to argue about it.
    I Soloed Saint Llothis the Pious(Trial Boss)
    My Youtube channel: Universe ESO
    Main character:
    Universe - AD magicka sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, The Trial Bosses Solo Slayer
    Top alts: Genius(Stamina/Magicka Dragonknight) The Force(Stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    ESO player since beta & early access
    PC EU server
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Guild Master of "The Champions" - AD AvA & Dueling guild
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    Definitely should have no longer cooldown/lower chance to proc.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Wrobel Please don't change this set bc it's well balanced.
    Thanks! :smile:

    Not balanced at all.
    But I'm not going to argue about it.

    That's it, right there

    "It's one of the good balanced proc sets.
    But I', not going to argue about it."


    See what I did there? The same thing you did. Looks stupid when somebody else does it, am I right?

    At some point there was a discussion in this thread. You know, that stuff with arguments and facts - in form of a test - and solid points where made on both sides. Unlike you, who just states an opinion, even without a reason why he/ she thinks it's unbalanced. Just because you tag some devs doesn't mean your "argument" stands on a solid foundation.

    Just avoid a discussion. Fine. Not sure what good balance discussion can come from someone who demands stuff like this for high alliance war ranks:
    Lord wrote: »
    I agree.

    Minor Domination: Increases your Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery in combat by 50% while in your campaign.
    Minor Authority: Increases your Ultimate generation by 50% while in your campaign.
    Tactician: Increases your damage done with Siege Weapons to keeps and other Siege Weapons by 50% while in your campaign.
    Hero: Increases your healing received by 25% while in your campaign.
    Noble: Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 30% while in your campaign.
    @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel

  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    Definitely should have no longer cooldown/lower chance to proc.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Wrobel Please don't change this set bc it's well balanced.
    Thanks! :smile:

    Not balanced at all.
    But I'm not going to argue about it.

    That's it, right there

    "It's one of the good balanced proc sets.
    But I', not going to argue about it."


    See what I did there? The same thing you did. Looks stupid when somebody else does it, am I right?

    At some point there was a discussion in this thread. You know, that stuff with arguments and facts - in form of a test - and solid points where made on both sides. Unlike you, who just states an opinion, even without a reason why he/ she thinks it's unbalanced. Just because you tag some devs doesn't mean your "argument" stands on a solid foundation.

    Just avoid a discussion. Fine. Not sure what good balance discussion can come from someone who demands stuff like this for high alliance war ranks:
    Lord wrote: »
    I agree.

    Minor Domination: Increases your Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery in combat by 50% while in your campaign.
    Minor Authority: Increases your Ultimate generation by 50% while in your campaign.
    Tactician: Increases your damage done with Siege Weapons to keeps and other Siege Weapons by 50% while in your campaign.
    Hero: Increases your healing received by 25% while in your campaign.
    Noble: Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 30% while in your campaign.
    @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel

    There is nothing wrong in asking some reward for the top alliance rank.
    165M alliance points are required for reaching this top rank(AR 59) and the suggested buff, very few players will be able to reach such a rank.
    It was just an idea and I don't regret suggesting it.

    As for the argument that this set is OP and it is OP, I merely made a supportive post of the already existing posts that claim this set is OP.
    I noticed that this set is OP while playing ofc, I don't agree to posts without observing the issue at first hand:
    I dueled magicka Dragonknights and I also used this set when playing my Dragonknight, I know this set is too strong.
    There is almost no cooldown.
    The chance should be 4% or a longer built-in cooldown should be introduced(maybe 10-15 seconds).

    I understand that some magicka Dragonknights have a need to defend their current set from being nerfed but if a set is OP it should be nerfed.
    I don't have excact numbers of procs per minute/video/proof of my claim so unfortunately you will have to believe me.
    It is up to the Devs to decide if the set is OP and I hope they will make the right decision :)
    Edited by Universe on August 24, 2017 6:27PM
    I Soloed Saint Llothis the Pious(Trial Boss)
    My Youtube channel: Universe ESO
    Main character:
    Universe - AD magicka sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, The Trial Bosses Solo Slayer
    Top alts: Genius(Stamina/Magicka Dragonknight) The Force(Stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    ESO player since beta & early access
    PC EU server
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Guild Master of "The Champions" - AD AvA & Dueling guild
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord wrote: »
    Lord wrote: »
    Definitely should have no longer cooldown/lower chance to proc.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @Wrobel Please don't change this set bc it's well balanced.
    Thanks! :smile:

    Not balanced at all.
    But I'm not going to argue about it.

    That's it, right there

    "It's one of the good balanced proc sets.
    But I', not going to argue about it."


    See what I did there? The same thing you did. Looks stupid when somebody else does it, am I right?

    At some point there was a discussion in this thread. You know, that stuff with arguments and facts - in form of a test - and solid points where made on both sides. Unlike you, who just states an opinion, even without a reason why he/ she thinks it's unbalanced. Just because you tag some devs doesn't mean your "argument" stands on a solid foundation.

    Just avoid a discussion. Fine. Not sure what good balance discussion can come from someone who demands stuff like this for high alliance war ranks:
    Lord wrote: »
    I agree.

    Minor Domination: Increases your Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery in combat by 50% while in your campaign.
    Minor Authority: Increases your Ultimate generation by 50% while in your campaign.
    Tactician: Increases your damage done with Siege Weapons to keeps and other Siege Weapons by 50% while in your campaign.
    Hero: Increases your healing received by 25% while in your campaign.
    Noble: Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 30% while in your campaign.
    @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel

    There is nothing wrong in asking some reward for the top alliance rank.
    165M alliance points are required for reaching this top rank(AR 59) and the suggested buff, very few players will be able to reach such a rank.
    It was just an idea and I don't regret suggesting it.

    As for the argument that this set is OP and it is OP, I merely made a supportive post of the already existing posts that claim this set is OP.
    I noticed that this set is OP while playing ofc, I don't agree to posts without observing the issue at first hand:
    I dueled magicka Dragonknights and I also used this set when playing my Dragonknight, I know this set is too strong.
    There is almost no cooldown.
    The chance should be 4% or a longer built-in cooldown should be introduced(maybe 10-15 seconds).

    I understand that some magicka Dragonknights have a need to defend their current set from being nerfed but if a set is OP it should be nerfed.
    I don't have excact numbers of procs per minute/video/proof of my claim so unfortunately you will have to believe me.
    It is up to the Devs to decide if the set is OP and I hope they will make the right decision :)

    So, it remains an opinion. I won't deny you that but backing up facts would be even nicer.

    Just as food for thoughts - you say it's OP because it "almost" procs on cooldown. On magicka DK.
    But what is the problem with almost procing on cooldown in the first place?
    And what is with the other 9 class+resource combinations?
    What is with Skorias viability on a stam NB or any other class than mDK?

    BTW there is a Test in this Thread about proccing on cooldown. And it does not back up your presumption.
  • Crusades
    Crusades
    ✭✭
    If they Increase the cooldown they should also increase the damage maybe put it on par with the mighty bear proc.
Sign In or Register to comment.