[NEW] (Videos) Dracarys - Where the Flames Converge - Waking Flame Patch

• montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giahh wrote: »
    They have one, on NA its called Vivec, where the majority of players enjoy large scale PVP and participate in it. The mere fact that you are complaining about there being so many large groups suggests its popular.

(Feel free to correct my estimations if you're in any of said guilds because now I am actually interested to know)

That right there suggests to me there are some 425 active players running around Vivec who want to participate in large scale PVP. I would argue that this kind of game play is 100% healthy for the game. I said it before but I have no doubt if you cut the population that these kinds of players make up out of the game, anything cyrodil related happening at ZOS will loose its funding within the year.

Lol. Its popular so it must be good!

McDonalds sells more burgers than anyone. They must be the best right??
    Options
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    Lol. Its popular so it must be good!

Well in that case you could say that 1vXers are more popular than Guild groups so it must be them who are McDonalds right? ;)

Because I see here all threads filled with 1vX videos and only 1 with guild group gameplay.

Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in this analogy, the people complaining about zerging are going to McDonalds and complaining that they're being served fast food.
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »

Well in that case you could say that 1vXers are more popular than Guild groups so it must be them who are McDonalds right? ;)

Because I see here all threads filled with 1vX videos and only 1 with guild group gameplay.

I don't necessarily agree with that guys analogy, nor do I necessarily harbor ill will towards zerg pvp.

But from my perspective, there is absolutely nothing memorable or enjoyable about large group pvp videos. They all look literally the same- a writhing, indistinguishable mass of huddled up bodies running into more huddled up bodies.

In contrast, each and every single 1vX video has its own unique character as they demonstrate a specific build and specific player as well a specific situation/context in isolation. No two 1vX fights are the same, or at least appear the same.

Also, anyone who can 1vX well can zerg well...but the opposite is not necessarily true. Naturally things that are more exclusive are more desirable to human nature.

This is not commentary on how appealing the actual gameplay is, just how appealing it is as film.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    So in this analogy, the people complaining about zerging are going to McDonalds and complaining that they're being served fast food.

No.
    Edited by montiferus on July 15, 2017 12:03AM
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I wasn't the one who brought "popularity" into it. Mr zergling did that. My only point was that for him to say it is ok because a lot of people do it doesn't necessarily make it a good thing. On my platform (Xbox) it consistently lags out the servers. It also seems to be self perpetuating as most new people who see this style get sick of getting wiped so they just zerg up as well rather than play small scale. I mean Xbox is jacked to begin with and when you add chain destro ult ball groups it exacerbates the issue.
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

But from my perspective, there is absolutely nothing memorable or enjoyable about large group pvp videos. They all look literally the same- a writhing, indistinguishable mass of huddled up bodies running into more huddled up bodies.

In contrast, each and every single 1vX video has its own unique character as they demonstrate a specific build and specific player as well a specific situation/context in isolation. No two 1vX fights are the same, or at least appear the same.

Also, anyone who can 1vX well can zerg well...but the opposite is not necessarily true. Naturally things that are more exclusive are more desirable to human nature.

This!!!

The best is when you can get a couple of them to stray from the pack. It is funny to see how bad they are on their own.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No. Keep zerging though.

Keep buying more Big Macs even though they make you salty :)
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Keep zerging though.

I play all styles. I have probably spent a greater percentage of my play time solo than most renowned solo players. I don't recall being grouped once during 1.4 or 1.5.

What I don't do is whine about numbers in an open world AvA game and act outraged when I get zerged down like I haven't been playing this game for 3 years.

Edited by zyk on July 15, 2017 12:07AM
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

No. Keep zerging though.

I find it funny that if anyone has a counter opinion it constitutes being "salty". Are you so insecure in your stance that you need to break out this hackneyed comeback?

Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I don't do is whine about numbers in an open world AvA game and act outraged when I get zerged down like I haven't been playing this game for 3 years.

No you whine with outrage to people whose opinion differs from yours. Brilliant.

PS - I never mentioned getting zerged down. Freudian slip?
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No. Keep zerging though.

I find it funny that if anyone has a counter opinion it constitutes being "salty". Are you so insecure in your stance that you need to break out this hackneyed comeback?

Have a laugh, I don't even play in this guild. Let people play how they want to play. You don't have to keep shopping at the same store if you don't like it.
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a laugh, I don't even play in this guild. Let people play how they want to play. You don't have to keep shopping at the same store if you don't like it.

I am having a laugh at you and some of the other responses. When you put something up to be viewed it will be critiqued. You may not always like the critique but if you are going to be that sensitive about it then you shouldn't put it up in the first place.

As far as shopping goes if I want to PVP I don't have much choice since both campaigns feature this behavior so I am not sure where you are going with your analogy.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am having a laugh at you and some of the other responses. When you put something up to be viewed it will be critiqued. You may not always like the critique but if you are going to be that sensitive about it then you shouldn't put it up in the first place.

As far as shopping goes if I want to PVP I don't have much choice since both campaigns feature this behavior so I am not sure where you are going with your analogy.

I stand by my salty burgers comment.
    Options
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    In case you didn't know, this is critique:
    MLRPZ wrote: »

No BoL on main bar seems a little bit odd to me, not super fast to spam it when someone is stuck in the back or overextending away, having entropy on back bar could help you getting a better uptime on minor mending aswell since you will have to bar swap more often

and this is salt:

keep on trying tho ;)
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You win
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This!!!

The best is when you can get a couple of them to stray from the pack. It is funny to see how bad they are on their own.
    I'm replying less for your benefit but for others who also assume the same.

When you play in a group you change your gear and bar setup to group style. For example on sorc if I run support I might have 2 damage skills on my bar (walls and execute) and the rest support. For gear I'm in full sustain etc.

Compare that to a 1vX build sorc and the difference is clear.

The majority of our players also play smallscale and solo outside of raids and have different gear and setups for that. But if you catch someone in full raid spec solo sure they are gnna be easier to take down 1v1 because they have sacrificed the tools you have 1v1 to fight 12v40.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't necessarily agree with that guys analogy, nor do I necessarily harbor ill will towards zerg pvp.

This is not commentary on how appealing the actual gameplay is, just how appealing it is as film.
    In general all 1vX players use the same builds. (To the same degree that group players do)

The majority of 1vX clips are mostly the same. Kite to string out enemies, Focus priority low cp /squishy targets, constantly LoS. If 1vX is your playstyle you can learn from that just as group players can learn from group vids. It's one of the reasons we upload multiple roles.

Also 1vXers often don't perform well in groups because they go off and do their own thing and don't want to play support (some do).

If the only enemy groups ran around in 4-10 man's there wouldn't be any need for our playstyle and everyone could smallscale instead.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on July 15, 2017 1:17PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    I do think this style is healthy for the game it allows for beginners to learn about PVP... These guilds tend to be very helpful with newcomers ...Also if you struggle with small man/solo it gives you a alternate path to be successful....

It's clear from this that you don't understand how such kind of groups work.
    There are two types of group:
    Groups which are friendly to newbies and just playing casually with no care for the outcome. These are the type of group who stack with others constantly and zerg in one direction normally. Yes these types are very helpful for newcommers because they are allowed to 'learn' in a no pressure environment, although sometimes the habbits they learn are actually harmful for success.

The second type like Dracarys or Zerg Squad (for example) are for very experienced players and can be considered unfriendly to new players as a high level of performance is expected and required. Learning curves are very steep. Generally each guild member plays solo and smallscale pvp as well as group and have experience of all aspects of PVP. There are some of the best 1vXers also playing in these guilds.

If you don't like such kind of groups and don't like to fight them then no one forces you to bite at their ankles and then send hate whispers / forum flames when you get destro'yed, you could just leave and go fight somewhere else.

I fully understand how your group works lol .. I never implied that you guys were inexperienced ....I was responding to fengrush about large scale group play... I did say that large guilds that run destro are good for the game because they do for the most part include more people ... It was not a dig at you... I also agreed with your point that ball groups guilds break up larger Zergs... Thus can actually help the lag...Not sure why your so defensive..

We do not fight you guys we do try to avoid you we have only really ran into you guys with our group of (4) 1 night.. We were destroyed with 2 destro ults using gap closers and CC.. btw were in open field we were trying to leave your area... We eventually helped with SIEGE against you guys but you were making a ton of AP off the AD zerg...

.We will move to the newer server hopefully the new one will get a few more smaller guilds .. We enjoy much smaller group play 4-8 mans I can't stand more then 12 in vent freaking annoying... I also do not like the style of large group play atm .. but to each is there own...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Vincelex
    Vincelex
    ✭✭✭
    Hot off the Rendering and Uploading press
    https://youtu.be/yBqBOTTXXWo
    @Vincelex
    Dracarys
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vincelex wrote: »
    Hot off the Rendering and Uploading press
    https://youtu.be/yBqBOTTXXWo

Nice Vid Vince. The stealth bombs are real, a certain shadowy DC leader on your account that night Iz? :P
    Options
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    yo sick mr. brightside remix.
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Published a bit late some extra clips from a couple of weeks ago. Other vids from last 2 weeks arriving soon :)

https://youtu.be/IhBY4AtOGjg
    @Solar_Breeze
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Latest upload from Vile, Features some GvG style fights from past couple of weeks. Healing PoV
    https://youtu.be/DMPg2JvsVN8

Enjoy and good fight all :)
    @Solar_Breeze
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Green circles, red ping, and weapon swapping as little as possible. Can you include more battle comms and audio in these clips? I do enjoy those.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on August 6, 2017 10:37PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Intro clip proves that I'm the real MVP here.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green circles, red ping, and weapon swapping as little as possible. Can you include more battle comms and audio in these clips? I do enjoy those.

Yeah we can look at doing this in future. Just assumed people wouldn't really want to hear it. Thanks for the feedback.
    Edited by Vilestride on August 7, 2017 2:25AM
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps some of the other PoV videos would be more to your liking, In general healers only require 1 bar aside from buffing / survival etc. For me the things I can pick up from a healing PoV are positioning and prediction in a raid. We are likely looking for different things from a vid though ^^
    @Solar_Breeze
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Perhaps some of the other PoV videos would be more to your liking, In general healers only require 1 bar aside from buffing / survival etc. For me the things I can pick up from a healing PoV are positioning and prediction in a raid. We are likely looking for different things from a vid though ^^

I am looking for positioning and predictions, tactics and setup and anticipations and maneuvers and ult rotations and all the raid communication which makes group leading interesting. There is nothing else to watch large group play for (unless you just like watching lots of fiery deaths in rapid succession, in which case you'll find bombing more to your preference), as your lag excludes mechanics from your play.

As exhibited by a single bar healer. Vile here would surely contribute more if he wove in the odd Combat Prayer for buffs, Purifying Light for priority target focus, Proxy for additional aoe burst, or Energy Orb for how op it is. You're surely aware that Energy Orb's heal per second is larger than Springs', lasts longer, and stacks indefinitely, and that it provides allies the same synergy as the Shards which Vile never even cast from his back bar.

Also two more things I noticed, casting Healing Springs back to back does clip one second off of each Springs' duration, yet he does it. There is space for one additional global cooldown between refreshing the Springs as they expire, if you insist on doing so. Keep in mind that Orbs is a superior hot assuming the fight is relatively stationary.

And the clip ending at 4:20 shows you fleeing up a stairwell and turning on your pursuers, and then abruptly ends. What happened there? Blaze it?

Maintenance is upon us! Let the forum PvP commence! :trollface:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking for positioning and predictions, tactics and setup and anticipations and maneuvers and ult rotations and all the raid communication which makes group leading interesting. There is nothing else to watch large group play for (unless you just like watching lots of fiery deaths in rapid succession, in which case you'll find bombing more to your preference), as your lag excludes mechanics from your play.

I used to feel the same before I became more experienced playing in larger groups. I didn't play in a proper PVP raid until 2.1. Now that I've played with a variety of amazing leaders, I can appreciate the nuances better than I could before.

Though, IMO, it was more interesting before the vd/destro ult paradigm -- back when meteor had counterplay. For example, to counter VE's meteor fetish at the time, while in Rage, @recremen came up with a guard reflect build which worked beautifully.

I wish I had captured some video of the early 3.0 Venatus groups which were highly mobile stam based groups with maybe only one or two destro ults.
    Options