[NEW] (Videos) Dracarys - Where the Flames Converge - Waking Flame Patch

• Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A constructive criticism of Dracarys play style.

You are too bunched in certain scenarios

I agree with this. I think we all do (can't talk for everyone but its something we've discussed)
    you tend to wipe at tri-keeps because you run so tight opponents can repair and rez behind you. 2-3 times recently at Faregyl you have allowed the keep to unflag, allowing defenders to rez at will, you end up negated and bombed in a dead blob.

This "issue" is not so pronounced at outposts or Emp keeps as they are smaller and more controllable.

I realise this will probably hurt my side but it is one *** in your formidable armoury. :smiley:

This is somewhat circumstantial. Sometimes its clear there is too much heat to actually take a keep. In this case it usually just turns into a farm in which case its better if a keep is not flagged.

But none the less a good analysis. thanks.

I have to agree, going across the map to pick a fight is much more challenging. Sure, going to defend home keeps when they need help is a positive thing, and I think more guilds should do so to help secure the map (harder to leave your side of the map when you have no keeps), but, overall, it's far much better and challenging to go across the map, spread out, and pick fights on your own as a guild.

I'm not even sure why people get so mad at guilds who go across the map, actually lol. There's a large map in Cyrodiil with plenty of keeps, why just leave them alone? o:

Not to mention how much good spreading out does for the server.
    Edited by Vilestride on July 10, 2017 10:53AM
    Options
  • Huggelz
    Huggelz
    ✭✭✭
    Giahh wrote: »

You are too bunched in certain scenarios

I agree with this. I think we all do (can't talk for everyone but its something we've discussed)
    you tend to wipe at tri-keeps because you run so tight opponents can repair and rez behind you. 2-3 times recently at Faregyl you have allowed the keep to unflag, allowing defenders to rez at will, you end up negated and bombed in a dead blob.

This "issue" is not so pronounced at outposts or Emp keeps as they are smaller and more controllable.

I realise this will probably hurt my side but it is one *** in your formidable armoury. :smiley:

This is somewhat circumstantial. Sometimes its clear there is too much heat to actually take a keep. In this case it usually just turns into a farm in which case its better if a keep is not flagged.

But none the less a good analysis. thanks.

I have to agree, going across the map to pick a fight is much more challenging. Sure, going to defend home keeps when they need help is a positive thing, and I think more guilds should do so to help secure the map (harder to leave your side of the map when you have no keeps), but, overall, it's far much better and challenging to go across the map, spread out, and pick fights on your own as a guild.

I'm not even sure why people get so mad at guilds who go across the map, actually lol. There's a large map in Cyrodiil with plenty of keeps, why just leave them alone? o:

Not to mention how much good spreading out does for the server.

pretty sure the only good thing for the server is if nobody logs on to PvP and we all RP at the nearest tavern at this point, server lags like 24/7 now even at 2 bars.
    Marcel
    Marcel Rigmond DC Nightblade - Flawless Conqueror
    Full Metal Carebears
    Nemesis (RIP)
    Options
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    Nivellan wrote: »
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Nivellan wrote: »
    Huggelz wrote: »
    Nivellan just come play with us bby and damm look at the diversity in that GvG video, I wonder if they are all wearing plague doctor Kappa :wink:

Nah cause plague didn't exist back then :wink:

Also doesn't really seem like you can see 'diversity' from this vid, Everyone apart from stamina guy using proxy and then bursting with all dawnbreakers+tethers etc was a fairly standard tactic back then, throw in the odd support ulti for some variety (as is also done now).

but yeh GvG fights are always nice to do, we (banana squad at the time) wished we could have organised one on PTS even with the latency difference but we couldn't get our chars copied at the same time as NA :\

negate, banner, barrier, warhorn, leap, tether, dawnbreaker, and nova that I can just see in the vid. I know there were remembrances and veils by at least one of the teams there. That's at least 4-5 more ulti's than you'd get today just from that vid not including remembrance and
    veil.

So nowadays you would have:
    negate, destro, permafrost, healing ult, meteor, tether/soul harvest (whatever the bomblades slot on main bar). Barrier, warhorn, leap, dawnbreaker would probably also have use depending on group setup.

Did you just include front and backbar ultimates into the equation?

Seems like you're trying to avoid the fact that there is just as much ulti variety as previously. Front bar ulti is ofc relevant as people aren't like to build 2 destro's (if you actually wanted to use destro in GvG).

Seems like everyone is a fan of GVG's here from the previous 2 you've held, perhaps we could get another going

I'm pretty sure guilds from NA side will take part if you ever get one started like a 6v6 or 8v8 or 12v12.
    Edited by Xiphyla on July 10, 2017 11:40AM
    AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will join a guild under one condition. A man named Viggy from EP must return and join the guild. Rather than spend $ on a headset and cause shrinkage and atrophy of biceps due to the time required, and subjecting myself to young squire Chief's voice and Gooey's (pre chest hair). I'd like to hear Viggy. He sounded like the Macho Man Randy Savage, if Macho had given his vocal cords the atomic elbow with smoking and drinking.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is kind of sad that a GvG tournament that happened over a year ago in an era I almost forgot about (bombard meta) is seen as a defining in PC NA.

I would mostly chalk this up to the lack of competitive organized guilds. On PC NA there are a lot of good players, but not nearly the amount of organization there was earlier when pop caps were higher and there were enough hardcore guilds on I often mixed up who was in Die/Alacrity/IR/Havoc/VE/etc.

I don't think the less organized presence is a culture thing, rather it's a game/ZoS thing. Competitive organized guilds will do their thing regardless if they feel the game is interesting and fun enough. There is a reason why all those guilds that were around so long ago left and haven't returned and I don't think it's because there is this perception that NA PC is about farming PUGs or ducking competitive fights.

While I do acknowledge there is skill in Guild Vs. Guild fights - there is a reason the better ones win consistently - I can't say the actual fights and mechanics behind them are terribly interesting as it is mostly either evade-bomb-counterbomb with Negates/destro/Warden Sleet playing disproportionately strong roles. And something that has plagued ESO since the Champion system was introduced is that when I die, I disintegrate without much I can do about it: If I am not bursted down by ultis, proc sets, and OP skills, I will instantly shield/heal up and be at 100%. The Power Creep for offense and defense is out of control.

In April, one of those competitive hardcore guilds I ran with way back in 2014 was thinking about coming back. They bought XP pots and were going to use the launch anniversary XP bonus to grind up their CPs. And then they decided nope. They put up with the Lighting Patch Lag, OP DKs, and all the nonsense from launch, but changed their mind about Cyrodiil today. I'm sure some people like Hovaling, Tom Hanks, Moon, etc., moved on with their real lives and just don't have the time to lead/GM competitive guilds any more. But I'm also sure some of them have moved on to what think are more interesting games and any game needs to find/replace people who move on with their real lives from within.
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    There are obviously a lot of issues leading to the lack of guilds, but it might help if we all made high level guild play a more welcoming environment. I know there will always be salt surrounding guilds, its the nature of the beast and to an extent creates the competitive rivalries, but we are all guilty of turning this into an incredibly toxic environment. If I think about looking from the outside in, I can't honestly say I'd want to be involved either.

More players getting involved in and starting their own guilds would be great for all of us.

Yep, agree 100%. People are less likely to want to join a community full of toxicity. So the people who insist on being toxic are the ones who are helping kill the aspect of the game that they say they enjoy for other people. People should be happy that there are still some guilds out there. Encouraging animosity between the guilds left on PC/NA (or any server for that matter) is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. There's a difference between having competitive rivalry and just flat out being a pos towards other guilds. Keeping PC/NA friendly between guilds(with room for competitive rivalry still) is what's going to keep our PvP alive and going, and encourage players to start their own guilds or get involved. Of course the salt will always be around between player 1 and player 2, etc. etc., it's PvP, but that salt doesn't have to turn into toxicity. Just my thoughts.

It's exactly why the end-game PvE community is having a hard time as well.

@DisgracefulMind Exactly! Worded much better than I can!
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    8v8 can be good too.

If we looked at it there might be enough if everyone participated:
    DC: VE, Bod, AK, LoM, Iron Legion, Khole(I see some around)?
    EP: Dracarys, IVS, Pact, ZDM, Flame
    AD: Fantasia, DK, DM, Venatus

That's plenty of guilds there is no shortage (AD side is a bit) but I guess not many of those would actually want to GVG unfortunately.

(No offence if I missed your guild off the list just what came to mind)

We'll participate (Love Den) if it's an ERP GvG.
    Options
  • Azurethe
    Azurethe
    ✭✭✭
    Ill partake in an ERP GvG if there are no argonians there
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurethe wrote: »

We'll make sure CFal comes on his pussicat then!
    Edited by Elong on July 10, 2017 7:11PM
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

Tell CFalcon that I say the "C" stands for "clipped". As in clipped wings.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bruma is a Nord town!
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Bruma is a Nord town!

Yessss... I guess in fact it is. You nords are horrible and will raise taxes, infrastructure will deteriorate, civil unrest in the streets. Then yours truly (that means me) will run for office with a Make Bruma Great Again campaign. And I will win. Then you will try fake news, but I will continue winning.
    Options
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vincelex wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    @Satiar @Ghost-Shot Do we not have a recording of that hour long Ales defense (about a week ago) against the EP faction stack? That one would be pretty cool to see again, lol.

Yeh but what the point of posting it? There are always hundreds of pugs running between Aleswell-Bleakers-Chalman 24/7 and multiple guilds defending these keeps so its unlikely it would be your guild alone defending.
    I'm 100% sure that any EP could post video of hour long Chalman defense against DC factions stack that happening every day :)
    What would be really great to see are videos where you're defending BRK-Sej-Alessia against both AD and EP faction no matter what your group size!^^

3 faction fights are far easier than 2 faction fights. If you're the sole focus of the enemy it's much harder to get distance when you need it and set up good value strikes. 3 faction fights allow for a lot easier time positioning and retreating because rarely are you the sole focus of both factions.

That said, I find people tend to mostly ignore us when we do make our rare cross map journeys. I've pretty much given up trying to find fights st Sej, as EP just pushes Aleswell and AD pushes Ash. Usually it's a boring 30 minutes until we suicide to go save back keeps.

I understand, different group sizes elicit different tactics, as well as name recognition. If I am a pug and
    There are obviously a lot of issues leading to the lack of guilds, but it might help if we all made high level guild play a more welcoming environment. I know there will always be salt surrounding guilds, its the nature of the beast and to an extent creates the competitive rivalries, but we are all guilty of turning this into an incredibly toxic environment. If I think about looking from the outside in, I can't honestly say I'd want to be involved either.

More players getting involved in and starting their own guilds would be great for all of us.
    [/qoute]

The biggest problem for the creation of new guilds that are competive is that a lot of players lack the desire to get competive. There is a time investment to say the least, farming gear in PvE fighting the RNG, having players learn how to properly raid lead etc are all things that take a ton of time. A lot of people just aren't willing to put in the effort.

It's on ZOS to motivate players to get competive. They could lower the RNG to get PvP effective gear in PvE. They could add new content to cyrodiil to get players engaged in the content more. Adding new content to Cyro could bring in new players and leaders too.

I'd love to have a non toxic elite tier guild community, the level salt that I have gotten as I have been working to improve PM has been unreal. But that is not the main problem. The problem is ZOS needs to get to work on PvP.
    Edited by NACtron on July 10, 2017 11:36PM
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

Options
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruma is a Nord town!

Yessss... I guess in fact it is. You nords are horrible and will raise taxes, infrastructure will deteriorate, civil unrest in the streets. Then yours truly (that means me) will run for office with a Make Bruma Great Again campaign. And I will win. Then you will try fake news, but I will continue winning.

skyrim-belongs-to-the-nords-i-am-going-to-build-14036590.png
    Bruma belongs to the Nords too..
    Edited by Gederic on July 10, 2017 10:55PM
    Ours is the Fury
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gederic wrote: »

Bruma is a Nord town!

Cute. But now I will renegotiate the horrible trade deals we have with the north and your free ride for wheat and other Crydoiilic delicacies and the such is over. The money we make from the new trade deals will in fact be a reimbursement.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bruma is a Nord town!

Cute. But now I will renegotiate the horrible trade deals we have with the north and your free ride for wheat and other Crydoiilic delicacies and the such is over. The money we make from the new trade deals will in fact be a reimbursement.

Bruma is a Nord town!

I'll trade you teabags.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Bruma is a Nord town!

Bruma is a Nord town!

I'll trade you teabags.

Come on Mr. Trumpetbar, end this charade. Tell the people why you want the Pact to control Bruma. And why you petitioned your superior Xylena Lazarow to allow you to govern Bruma and watch over Pact interests in the north. Come on, tell the good people Elong.

Too shy? O no problem friend, I'll tell everyone. Elong is a man of sophistication and has a palate that is satiated by only the finest life has to offer. Mr. Trumpetbar sure loves his high elf prostitutes. So particular is he that he makes sure the elves he chooses can be verified and their blood traced back to the mighty Ayleids of Cyrodiil. Just so happens that elf prostitution is legal in Bruma.

You don't care about the Pact's interests in the north. You want to turn Bruma into your own personal bedroom and brothel. My o my, what will you tell Mrs. Trumpetbar? What about little Jared and Susie Trumpetbar? What will they think when they find out that instead of taking the family to Disney World Auridon, you lied to them that you got orders to deploy west with Dracarys, and instead are in Bruma high on skooma, bags under your eyes, your hair looking like a cliff racer is using it as a nest, your pants down around your ankles, and surrounded by elves.....

And just between me and you, I sure hope those elves are giving you their real age.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bruma is a Nord town!

Bruma is a Nord town!

I'll trade you teabags.

Come on Mr. Trumpetbar, end this charade. Tell the people why you want the Pact to control Bruma. And why you petitioned your superior Xylena Lazarow to allow you to govern Bruma and watch over Pact interests in the north. Come on, tell the good people Elong.

Too shy? O no problem friend, I'll tell everyone. Elong is a man of sophistication and has a palate that is satiated by only the finest life has to offer. Mr. Trumpetbar sure loves his high elf prostitutes. So particular is he that he makes sure the elves he chooses can be verified and their blood traced back to the mighty Ayleids of Cyrodiil. Just so happens that elf prostitution is legal in Bruma.

You don't care about the Pact's interests in the north. You want to turn Bruma into your own personal bedroom and brothel. My o my, what will you tell Mrs. Trumpetbar? What about little Jared and Susie Trumpetbar? What will they think when they find out that instead of taking the family to Disney World Auridon, you lied to them that you got orders to deploy west with Dracarys, and instead are in Bruma high on skooma, bags under your eyes, your hair looking like a cliff racer is using it as a nest, your pants down around your ankles, and surrounded by elves.....

And just between me and you, I sure hope those elves are giving you their real age.

I've been RP'd by Publius.

I've made it. This will top by incoming GO.

/uninstall.
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bruma is a Nord town!

Bruma is a Nord town!

I'll trade you teabags.

It is true, it is the high life that keeps me coming back for more. But I'm merely a pawn, a knight at best. King Gederic and Queen Aillen rule Bruma sternly but fairly after being appointed as custodians by Xylena. The King of the North returns.

Options
  • Huggelz
    Huggelz
    ✭✭✭

Bruma is a Nord town!

Bruma is a Nord town!

I'll trade you teabags.

It is true, it is the high life that keeps me coming back for more. But I'm merely a pawn, a knight at best. King Gederic and Queen Aillen rule Bruma sternly but fairly after being appointed as custodians by Xylena. The King of the North returns.

dont try to out RP publius man, just give up you lost this fight before it began.
    Marcel
    Marcel Rigmond DC Nightblade - Flawless Conqueror
    Full Metal Carebears
    Nemesis (RIP)
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huggelz wrote: »

Bruma is a Nord town!

Bruma is a Nord town!

I'll trade you teabags.

dont try to out RP publius man, just give up you lost this fight before it began.

546dc6.jpg
    Options
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    546dc6.jpg

Needs to be surrounded by more AD "resources" (*wink wink*) per RP story to keep it lore friendly! C'mon!
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lastest Video!

Healer POV. Some nice fights around ales and an eventual ales Snipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm1EgQRzC3Q

Options
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Toxicity level of ESO is LOW, like really low. compared to Archeage. I played competitive pvp in Archeage for 3 years, running in meleeballs,mageballs even tried a templar healball etc. The salt and toxicity in that game is REDICULOUS. People Dox each other, out each other, create in game images of their enemies in real life and put them on their flags during naval battles.

This community is far from what I have experienced. Leading successful raids against other guilds in that game could lead to your corpse being camped for hours, just because the salt is real.

Always fun fighting the ever increasing EP PVP presence. it makes us DC have a real challenge. I am glad to be back after not playing for so long
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Giahh wrote: »
    Lastest Video!

Healer POV. Some nice fights around ales and an eventual ales Snipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm1EgQRzC3Q

Nice Vid :o you kept this one quiet XD, middle part was interesting "healing" nb PoV XD
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Vincelex
    Vincelex
    ✭✭✭
    Dracarys Guild PVP week of 7-2-17 Stam Support PoV
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfJHsIoorSY
    We unintentionally uploaded at the same time XD
    Edited by Vincelex on July 11, 2017 9:26PM
    @Vincelex
    Dracarys
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Toxicity level of ESO is LOW, like really low. compared to Archeage. I played competitive pvp in Archeage for 3 years, running in meleeballs,mageballs even tried a templar healball etc. The salt and toxicity in that game is REDICULOUS. People Dox each other, out each other, create in game images of their enemies in real life and put them on their flags during naval battles.

This community is far from what I have experienced. Leading successful raids against other guilds in that game could lead to your corpse being camped for hours, just because the salt is real.

Always fun fighting the ever increasing EP PVP presence. it makes us DC have a real challenge. I am glad to be back after not playing for so long

I don't think toxicity has a place of any level in game, it shouldn't the the case that it's considered acceptable just because X game is far worse anything we can do as guilds and players to stop it becoming considered so we should.

NACtron wrote: »

The biggest problem for the creation of new guilds that are competive is that a lot of players lack the desire to get competive. There is a time investment to say the least, farming gear in PvE fighting the RNG, having players learn how to properly raid lead etc are all things that take a ton of time. A lot of people just aren't willing to put in the effort.

It's on ZOS to motivate players to get competive. They could lower the RNG to get PvP effective gear in PvE. They could add new content to cyrodiil to get players engaged in the content more. Adding new content to Cyro could bring in new players and leaders too.

I'd love to have a non toxic elite tier guild community, the level salt that I have gotten as I have been working to improve PM has been unreal. But that is not the main problem. The problem is ZOS needs to get to work on PvP.

I don't really thing farming gear / making builds is too difficult tbh.

The problem in my eyes is that people consider those who want to improve to be in the wrong, whether they are happy with their performance, no matter how mediocre, or just think that they are too good for improvement they direct their salt at those who try something different rather than just being happy that their fellow players are trying things out.

I'm actually quite surprised at you saying PM got salt. I would have thought it would have lessened when you stopped running multiple 24m's and started performing better (the difference was noticeable). Perhaps from your enemies I can understand?

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Runescape is the exact same. Guilds rat/dox eachothers members. Solo PvPers dox/rat others, they even hit off servers in order to kill others they have a problem with. I've always said the ESO community isn't toxic it's just full of sensitive people lol.

When GvG tournaments come around, the guild that hits off the most members of the opposing guild wins the fight usually. Yet, it's the best game I've played and best PvP community I've ever been apart of.
    Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8v8 can be good too.

If we looked at it there might be enough if everyone participated:
    DC: VE, Bod, AK, LoM, Iron Legion, Khole(I see some around)?
    EP: Dracarys, IVS, Pact, ZDM, Flame
    AD: Fantasia, DK, DM, Venatus

That's plenty of guilds there is no shortage (AD side is a bit) but I guess not many of those would actually want to GVG unfortunately.

(No offence if I missed your guild off the list just what came to mind)

I think you'd probably be able to get a 12man out of that new Knights of Ni group on DC, and probably from DD on the Dominion side of things. Definitely a bit of a DC-heavy list, but that's 16-17 guilds there that *probably* have the numbers to field a group. Plenty for a tournament.

You are too bunched in certain scenarios, you tend to wipe at tri-keeps because you run so tight opponents can repair and rez behind you. 2-3 times recently at Faregyl you have allowed the keep to unflag, allowing defenders to rez at will, you end up negated and bombed in a dead blob.

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to fight against this "res spam" if you want to take the keep you need to split or run between flags. There's far more anti siege and generally larger response to these keeps. Taking the examples at faregyl we were generally against pugs + 1-2 20+ guild groups as 12-16 ppl we will often intentionally take a fight upstairs because it's a nice way to fight outnumbered and let people respawn there. The fact we will get overwhelmed at some point adds challenge to it. Imo

Only counter to the rez spam is, sadly, more numbers in most cases. Even with ZOS nerfing the speed rez builds, there's just too much going on in most fights to be able to afford to split up the group to camp bodies (which is also not necessarily the "fun" job to do).

Yep, agree 100%. People are less likely to want to join a community full of toxicity. So the people who insist on being toxic are the ones who are helping kill the aspect of the game that they say they enjoy for other people. People should be happy that there are still some guilds out there. Encouraging animosity between the guilds left on PC/NA (or any server for that matter) is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary. There's a difference between having competitive rivalry and just flat out being a pos towards other guilds. Keeping PC/NA friendly between guilds(with room for competitive rivalry still) is what's going to keep our PvP alive and going, and encourage players to start their own guilds or get involved. Of course the salt will always be around between player 1 and player 2, etc. etc., it's PvP, but that salt doesn't have to turn into toxicity. Just my thoughts.

It's exactly why the end-game PvE community is having a hard time as well.

11/10 would quote again. Although, I would add that having better inter-faction relationships would also be more helpful. The toxicity between guilds that tend to fight alongside one another is another completely pointless barrier-to-entry for a lot of newer players, I'm sure. DC's been notoriously bad about that for years now on PC NA, I'm sure the drama/politics on EP and AD has boiled over a few times too.

TL;DR - can't we all just get along? </3
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I've encountered a PVP community less toxic and adversarial than ESO at present. In most MMOs I have been aware of, the top PVE guilds have way more hate for each other than ESO PVP guilds have for each other.

I'm not advocating harassment or anything of the sort. But in addition to gamesmanship, heated competition produces misunderstandings, biased recollections, anger, excuses, etc..

I think the reason ESO PVP is so tame is the lack of heated competition. (see: 1 meaningful organized GvG tourney in NA)

When two or more parties want something bad enough, it gets messy fast.

Edited by zyk on July 11, 2017 11:28PM
    Options