[NEW] (Videos) Dracarys - Where the Flames Converge - Waking Flame Patch

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giahh wrote: »
    Great videos and seems clear your group leader is quite skilled!

I don't have experience with this kind of stuff, but one thing that was a bit striking is it appears you have no place for stamina builds in the big pvp groups anymore, is that correct?

This is how it was for the first 6 months or year after launch, until 1.6, and then it seemed there were a lot of big groups spamming steel tornado along with magicka based AOE for a while. Curious to know if we are again at a point where guilds are obligating members to roll magicka builds?

Its still important, its just about balance and group comp as Izy said. Outside of MAYBE warden, stam is kind of relegated to a support role this patch, which is still just as important and you will notice it if you regular stam users are not on to help you with rapids.

Does this suggest a significant balance issue? When would you say the stamina builds stopped being viable, perhaps with introduction of EOTS?

I don't have experience playing in this kind of group, but I do recall running into lots of stam users in the large groups around 1.6 /1.7 , and many were happy that stamina also became viable for the harder PVE content around that time.

Certainly don't mean to derail this thread, enjoyed your videos and it just seemed interesting to note this.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 13, 2017 9:50PM
    Options
  • Vincelex
    Vincelex
    ✭✭✭

I don't have experience with this kind of stuff, but one thing that was a bit striking is it appears you have no place for stamina builds in the big pvp groups anymore, is that correct?

This is how it was for the first 6 months or year after launch, until 1.6, and then it seemed there were a lot of big groups spamming steel tornado along with magicka based AOE for a while. Curious to know if we are again at a point where guilds are obligating members to roll magicka builds?

Its still important, its just about balance and group comp as Izy said. Outside of MAYBE warden, stam is kind of relegated to a support role this patch, which is still just as important and you will notice it if you regular stam users are not on to help you with rapids.

Does this suggest a significant balance issue? When would you say the stamina builds stopped being viable, perhaps with introduction of EOTS?

I don't have experience playing in this kind of group, but I do recall running into lots of stam users in the large groups around 1.6 /1.7 , and many were happy that stamina also became viable for the harder PVE content around that time.

Certainly don't mean to derail this thread, enjoyed your videos and it just seemed interesting to note this.

stamina is not obsolete, but for our groups, specifically the way we run our stamina roles are primarily support based.
    @Vincelex
    Dracarys
    Options
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grotesque videos. This is why PVP is unplayable most of the time. Giant ball groups lagging out the server.

ZOS should make a separate section of Cyrodil for this stuff. Let them enjoy zerging each other down.
    Options
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina is pretty much obsolete. I should know, I try to make a stam raid work at the launch of every patch! EoTS simply overperforms along with Vicious Death. Magica users also get to use shields and mist, two huge mitigation tools Stam users rly dont have reliable access to. As it stands, it's Staves Online again.

I was hoping to make it work with Warden, shalks are kinda cool. But it turns out that EoTS with VD >>>>>>>>>> Shalks and if you really want Shalks you can just go Mag Warden with a destro staff...
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venatus has had some outstanding Stamina DPS based groups from 2.6 through 3.0. The playstyle is different and possibly more difficult to execute, but can be highly effective with the right group comp. We've only had a proper group up a couple of times since after the first week of 3.0 though, because of casuals like me.
    Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saying Magicka DDs outperform Stamina DDs is simply wrong. They are kinda balanced. Vicious Death might give magicka builds a slight edge but nothing too big.

However Magicka Nightblade completly outperforms everything else by 10 miles.

Passives: 8% Max Magicka, 4% crit chance, 10% crit damage and most importantly 10 extra ultimate per KB.
    Actives: Sap Essence (8m radius spammable that also heals), Fear, Lotus Fan, Merciless Resolve

Any DD in your raid that isn't a Magicka NB is wasted.

Edited by Sanct16 on July 13, 2017 11:11PM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam - solo/small groups

Magicka - raids
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a derail at all. But yes I would say it suggests some imbalance. Though that is only relative to raids. As many people are pointing out stam is really strong for single target and small group so you could consider the play style to in itself be the balance. Personally I miss the steel tornado meta. I think that was a reasonably balanced era for the game. It just simply seems to under preform now compared to Mag blade aoe.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Stam - solo/small groups

Magicka - raids

Nah magicka is also good for small groups if not better ... solo stam is still ok but mainly on a NB... Stam solo can be extreamily frustrating on most classes ..Magicka Sorc is better at solo imo atm..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Saying Magicka DDs outperform Stamina DDs is simply wrong. They are kinda balanced. Vicious Death might give magicka builds a slight edge but nothing too big.

Passives: 8% Max Magicka, 4% crit chance, 10% crit damage and most importantly 10 extra ultimate per KB.
    Actives: Sap Essence (8m radius spammable that also heals), Fear, Lotus Fan, Merciless Resolve

:cry:
    Edited by Joy_Division on July 14, 2017 6:06AM
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »
    Grotesque videos. This is why PVP is unplayable most of the time. Giant ball groups lagging out the server.

ZOS should make a separate section of Cyrodil for this stuff. Let them enjoy zerging each other down.

They have one, on NA its called Vivec, where the majority of players enjoy large scale PVP and participate in it. The mere fact that you are complaining about there being so many large groups suggests its popular.

If I were to guess at the amount of players in large scale PVP guilds that are active (not group size, just members active in cyrodil) it'd look like this:
    (Feel free to correct my estimations if you're in any of said guilds because now I am actually interested to know)

Dominion Knights - 40 members
    Dominant Dominion - 50 members
    Vehemence - 40 members
    Blood of Daggerfall - 50 members
    Arcadian knights - 40 members
    Pact Militia - 50 members
    Fantasia - 30 members
    Venatus - 30 members
    LOM - 40 members
    The Kelly Gang - 30 members
    Invictus - 25 members

That right there suggests to me there are some 425 active players running around Vivec who want to participate in large scale PVP. I would argue that this kind of game play is 100% healthy for the game. I said it before but I have no doubt if you cut the population that these kinds of players make up out of the game, anything cyrodil related happening at ZOS will loose its funding within the year.

..I am aware there are so many variables around those numbers I just gave, cross guild players being one of them, but none the less I think the point is valid.

Rage away.....

Edited by Vilestride on July 14, 2017 7:04AM
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol nice bait, I wish the eso pvp community was still that active. I don't think those numbers would be close to accurate for most of those guilds. I mean, you can only hold like 150 people on a faction and most of those don't even have a pvp guild and just potato on alessia bridge.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol nice bait, I wish the eso pvp community was still that active. I don't think those numbers would be close to accurate for most of those guilds. I mean, you can only hold like 150 people on a faction and most of those don't even have a pvp guild and just potato on alessia bridge.

Everyone's most important home keep.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely concede that these numbers are probably way off and I would love some input form the guilds to correct them for me. I am mostly going on the basis of the groups I see day to day and then adding some on the presumption that guilds have more members than they do in group at any given time. Even for AD I see DK running regular full raids, same with Dom Dom, then strings of 10ish man Venatus/fantasia groups from time to time. Morale of the story though, Vivic is where large groups come to play.

I kinda just used the formula that would apply to my guild which is a 1:2 group to member average ratio. 10-15 man groups : 27 members in guild.
    Edited by Vilestride on July 14, 2017 7:51AM
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Venatus is lucky to have 7 members online. But when we do and form a group we pretty much have 100% attendance from everyone that is online. We have some really good players in guild that havn't logged into ESO in over 6 months, and we are still in contact with some players who havn't logged in to eso in 2 years lol. The last time venatus ran a group was when Haronin was crowned emp at the start of the campaign (we had around 7). You will sometimes see 2 or 3 venatus members playing in a fantasia raid as venatus don't have a group running or enough to form a group. From what I've heard, Fantasia is also starting to have a hard time when it comes to having enough players.

I sometimes lead a 1 man venatus raid and surf the AD although when I do, VE still feels the need to drop half their ultimates and chase after me. :smiley:
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venatus is lucky to have 7 members online. But when we do and form a group we pretty much have 100% attendance from everyone that is online. We have some really good players in guild that havn't logged into ESO in over 6 months, and we are still in contact with some players who havn't logged in to eso in 2 years lol. The last time venatus ran a group was when Haronin was crowned emp at the start of the campaign (we had around 7). You will sometimes see 2 or 3 venatus members playing in a fantasia raid as venatus don't have a group running or enough to form a group. From what I've heard, Fantasia is also starting to have a hard time when it comes to having enough players.

I sometimes lead a 1 man venatus raid and surf the AD although when I do, VE still feels the need to drop half their ultimates and chase after me. :smiley:

its a shame to hear. AD doing really well with the guilds it has. I think it just needs that 1 more highly organised group to be back in the game.
    Options
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »

What about magsorc dps sanct? :'(
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD doing really well with the guilds it has. I think it just needs that 1 more highly organised group to be back in the game.

A few AD guilds that haven't been getting mentioned that have been contributing a lot to this campaign are:

Queens Ram (oceanic, rams all the things), Ruin Gaming (multi-gaming community who have recruited 400+ players so far on ESO but most are still learning), Artem Deorum (Lead by haronin who was crowned early in the campaign and has a few members in top 10 for AD), and TD (Total domination? i think). There might be another one I'm forgetting.

A lot of the old AD ESO players aren't around much anymore.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on July 14, 2017 10:09AM
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD doing really well with the guilds it has. I think it just needs that 1 more highly organised group to be back in the game.

A few AD guilds that haven't been getting mentioned that have been contributing a lot to this campaign are:

Artem Deorum (Lead by haronin who was crowned early in the campaign and has a few members in top 10 for AD)

A lot of the old AD ESO players aren't around much anymore.

ahhh that's the guild. I remember seeing a group of these guys. Not many, maybe like 8. But I was impressed. I only ran into them once but definitely left an impression.
    Edited by Vilestride on July 14, 2017 10:12AM
    Options
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've heard, Fantasia is also starting to have a hard time when it comes to having enough players.

Group size was unpredictable 1+ month back, not really the case now, but I guess it depends on the night. We run a lot more frequently than we used to-- 4 designated raid nights, up from the old 2, and usually a smaller group on offnights. This past Wednesday we fielded 16ish, though I went to bed early. Last Friday we had 20-22; don't remember the other nights.

We redid ranks after I came back from the desert a few weeks ago: 35 active members and two new recruits, so I think Gianhh's numbers work out here.

GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    Nivellan wrote: »
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    NACtron wrote: »
    Also, outstanding job to whomever made your logo. Looks amazing!

Thank you, Nikolai! :blush: I'm glad everyone like it hehe, means a lot for me!

Ishammael wrote: »

K-Hole at peak (patches 1.7-1.8) was more or less unbeatable. But that's PC NA, so we never went against Banana Squad. I watched a lot of their videos and would have liked a chance to fight them. Braidas, ofc, was in KH. KH never made many videos nor advertised much.

Tbh I always hear the same things from different people representing all op guilds on NA PC ^^ that they were more or less unbeatable at peak (e.g Havoc, NM, IR, KH and more) I wasn't there by that time so can't really judge :P

No guild is ever unbeatable. NM and KH are the best guilds on that list, the rest were glorified pug farmers. Alacrity and NM were the best overall. KH the best since I think. We matched up with them in the first GvG, but they got the better of us in Cyro. NA and EU aren't really compatible to compare because meta's have been very different for a while now.

I have no great love for Havoc for obvious reasons, but I fought with them vs Alacrity on quite a few occasions. Pretty evenly fought overall, though I'd say Havoc's contingent of HA Kags Templars gave them an edge.

Disregarding the fact any havoc vs Alacrity fights only include at best half of the original Alacrity members my main memories from those fights are: lag, multiple EP groups, one fight at drakelowe that had neither of those and Havoc folded pretty easily. To touch on the stealth bomb my all time favorite memory of them was with Decibel when they ran for 3+ minutes in an open field against just us only for deci to get bored and stop chasing (we even ran through one of their chokes to try and get them to fight), and then get stealth bombed half a minute later on our mounts.

My favorite groups from that time though were when ala and die groups died down to small numbers late at night we would merge and keiryan or luvboard would lead.

I think my fav was a fight outside Aleswell. Deci and VE were mopping up pugs and circling each other, doing that prox det dance. Then suddenly we trip over a stealth Havoc group that had somehow made it dead center of the field without being seen. One of the few times in ESO that made me jump in my chair.

I do remember some good fights with Alacrity but I'll concede it may have been past the prime. The fights I remember included a lot of Red Bull misting around between the 2-3 meatbags he'd set down and unstable WoE everyyyywhere.
    It's a simple fact that in this game often times numbers win no matter how skilled the opponent which is sad but is also needed in order to keep pugs around and population up because w/o them we have no PVP.

idk I wonder if pugs would like 1.1-2 pvp better or worse than recent patches...my guess would be better.

The people dying over and over to destro ult and vd are the same ones that would go into the cubby with perma bat dks and ground oils or spam healing springs and whatever else into absorbtion field giving sorc infinite resources or they would spam purge on blockade. There is always going to be some game mechanic that the more hardcore players take advantage of that will give them a considerable edge over the pugs and casuals it's just a permanent shifting meta that people find something strong, make builds to get the absolute most out of that meta and then slaughter the groups that don't make the most out of their setups.

my point was people had more ability to fight larger groups with less numbers then, but i dont think it made the game less fun for pugs than today

:'( RIP those days

Still can combat large groups with smaller groups. Just takes more work now true.

Also you may enjoy our latest video:
    https://youtu.be/E-vwi2hIx-4

Had to scroll through the video to see what the 'featuring FENGRUSH' portion was about. How does fighting your entire group feel when Im just running around solo in the middle of it feel? As it should be expected I guess. I wouldnt expect to ever wipe out a well designed group solo. At best, I hope to pick people off. In older metas you could actually pick at people and push out relevant harassment on players. In more recent patches, less so.

So Im not really bothered by any of it. If I was there with a couple group mates like Emasculate and Essa we would have been picking people off for sure - but thats in the midst of you fighting a large DC pug, so it doesnt count for too much. Itd be the same as people picking at my group when I had run a group, but the interest of people I played with to login has dwindled dramatically.

Overall, I am glad my groupless visit to the CP campaign provided you with some content to add to your video though and hopefully make you smile. I generally wont engage on groups this size with experienced players - but at the same time I am generally not the player to shy away from engaging in fights even if its a fruitless effort. I am not trash talking the players - its the design of the game. I just really hate the design of the game that you can show up at a fight and be virtually irrelevant until another large group comes in with negates and destro ults, which is what ended up happening to you guys on the roof and a group that size wiped in a matter of seconds.

The large scale combat in ESO is a bit of a let down for me. :(
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From what I've heard, Fantasia is also starting to have a hard time when it comes to having enough players.

Group size was unpredictable 1+ month back, not really the case now, but I guess it depends on the night. We run a lot more frequently than we used to-- 4 designated raid nights, up from the old 2, and usually a smaller group on offnights. This past Wednesday we fielded 16ish, though I went to bed early. Last Friday we had 20-22; don't remember the other nights.

We redid ranks after I came back from the desert a few weeks ago: 35 active members and two new recruits, so I think Gianhh's numbers work out here.

Nice! Yeah I havn't been that active lately so I might be a bit behind with the times. Good to see you're back playing again.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on July 14, 2017 3:46PM
    Options
  • dantator
    dantator
    ✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    Magıc wrote: »
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    This is good to watch. But man!! I am having a hard time understanding what js actually going on

basically you press ults and run into each other

If only you knew how organised and skillful that type of gameplay really is. But I guess running cancer magplar builds in BGs vs pugs is more skillful xD

I agree with you 100% about the skills involved in group play. But in braidas's defence I guess No Mercy was before your time?

Why'd you edit? I'll always say Banana Squad are the best ESO has seen, and I have watched a few of No Mercy's videos. If Braidas was in NM then I'm not sure why he'd say the *** he said, but maybe he's become one of those "1vX/small scale is the only way to play this game" type of players that a lot of PC NA players have become.

K-Hole at peak (patches 1.7-1.8) was more or less unbeatable. But that's PC NA, so we never went against Banana Squad. I watched a lot of their videos and would have liked a chance to fight them. Braidas, ofc, was in KH. KH never made many videos nor advertised much.

LOL
    +Divine Force+

+Divines+
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbh I always hear the same things from different people representing all op guilds on NA PC ^^ that they were more or less unbeatable at peak (e.g Havoc, NM, IR, KH and more) I wasn't there by that time so can't really judge :P

No guild is ever unbeatable. NM and KH are the best guilds on that list, the rest were glorified pug farmers. Alacrity and NM were the best overall. KH the best since I think. We matched up with them in the first GvG, but they got the better of us in Cyro. NA and EU aren't really compatible to compare because meta's have been very different for a while now.

I have no great love for Havoc for obvious reasons, but I fought with them vs Alacrity on quite a few occasions. Pretty evenly fought overall, though I'd say Havoc's contingent of HA Kags Templars gave them an edge.

Disregarding the fact any havoc vs Alacrity fights only include at best half of the original Alacrity members my main memories from those fights are: lag, multiple EP groups, one fight at drakelowe that had neither of those and Havoc folded pretty easily. To touch on the stealth bomb my all time favorite memory of them was with Decibel when they ran for 3+ minutes in an open field against just us only for deci to get bored and stop chasing (we even ran through one of their chokes to try and get them to fight), and then get stealth bombed half a minute later on our mounts.

My favorite groups from that time though were when ala and die groups died down to small numbers late at night we would merge and keiryan or luvboard would lead.

I think my fav was a fight outside Aleswell. Deci and VE were mopping up pugs and circling each other, doing that prox det dance. Then suddenly we trip over a stealth Havoc group that had somehow made it dead center of the field without being seen. One of the few times in ESO that made me jump in my chair.

I do remember some good fights with Alacrity but I'll concede it may have been past the prime. The fights I remember included a lot of Red Bull misting around between the 2-3 meatbags he'd set down and unstable WoE everyyyywhere.
    It's a simple fact that in this game often times numbers win no matter how skilled the opponent which is sad but is also needed in order to keep pugs around and population up because w/o them we have no PVP.

idk I wonder if pugs would like 1.1-2 pvp better or worse than recent patches...my guess would be better.

The people dying over and over to destro ult and vd are the same ones that would go into the cubby with perma bat dks and ground oils or spam healing springs and whatever else into absorbtion field giving sorc infinite resources or they would spam purge on blockade. There is always going to be some game mechanic that the more hardcore players take advantage of that will give them a considerable edge over the pugs and casuals it's just a permanent shifting meta that people find something strong, make builds to get the absolute most out of that meta and then slaughter the groups that don't make the most out of their setups.

my point was people had more ability to fight larger groups with less numbers then, but i dont think it made the game less fun for pugs than today

Still can combat large groups with smaller groups. Just takes more work now true.

Had to scroll through the video to see what the 'featuring FENGRUSH' portion was about. How does fighting your entire group feel when Im just running around solo in the middle of it feel? As it should be expected I guess. I wouldnt expect to ever wipe out a well designed group solo. At best, I hope to pick people off. In older metas you could actually pick at people and push out relevant harassment on players. In more recent patches, less so.

So Im not really bothered by any of it. If I was there with a couple group mates like Emasculate and Essa we would have been picking people off for sure - but thats in the midst of you fighting a large DC pug, so it doesnt count for too much. Itd be the same as people picking at my group when I had run a group, but the interest of people I played with to login has dwindled dramatically.

Overall, I am glad my groupless visit to the CP campaign provided you with some content to add to your video though and hopefully make you smile. I generally wont engage on groups this size with experienced players - but at the same time I am generally not the player to shy away from engaging in fights even if its a fruitless effort. I am not trash talking the players - its the design of the game. I just really hate the design of the game that you can show up at a fight and be virtually irrelevant until another large group comes in with negates and destro ults, which is what ended up happening to you guys on the roof and a group that size wiped in a matter of seconds.

I totally agree with this... I'm also not a fan of this style also...

I will also say some of these so called high ranked experienced players are not very good if they are not surrounded by 23 others... I know one rank 42 player that stays on virtually one bar in these groups he hates battle grounds and small man because he does not like to die...

I also know some very very good players that run this style so with these large groups there is a large degree of player ability that can vary... These large groups and the amount of AP rake in ..does make the ranks mean very little....

I do think this style is healthy for the game it allows for beginners to learn about PVP... These guilds tend to be very helpful with newcomers ...Also if you struggle with small man/solo it gives you a alternate path to be successful....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    I do think this style is healthy for the game it allows for beginners to learn about PVP... These guilds tend to be very helpful with newcomers ...Also if you struggle with small man/solo it gives you a alternate path to be successful....

It's clear from this that you don't understand how such kind of groups work.
    There are two types of group:
    Groups which are friendly to newbies and just playing casually with no care for the outcome. These are the type of group who stack with others constantly and zerg in one direction normally. Yes these types are very helpful for newcommers because they are allowed to 'learn' in a no pressure environment, although sometimes the habbits they learn are actually harmful for success.

The second type like Dracarys or Zerg Squad (for example) are for very experienced players and can be considered unfriendly to new players as a high level of performance is expected and required. Learning curves are very steep. Generally each guild member plays solo and smallscale pvp as well as group and have experience of all aspects of PVP. There are some of the best 1vXers also playing in these guilds.

If you don't like such kind of groups and don't like to fight them then no one forces you to bite at their ankles and then send hate whispers / forum flames when you get destro'yed, you could just leave and go fight somewhere else.
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

Options
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [...] when you get destro'yed [...]

You just made my day lol
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Added it because its funny to see an outside perspective of our raids :)

Was mainly good because you were mentioning our healing considering we had maybe 1/2 the heals an ideal group would have.
    You most likely noticed we basically ignored you the whole time we were fighting in the keep. Had you been in a group might have been different but yeh as you said we had enough enemies already didn't need to pick off people until they get in the way.

Also there were 2 organised groups inside the keep from the beginning DK (who took the keep first) and Saramis' group. Unfortunately we died at the top due to couple of crashes and one guy getting knocked outside the keep but yeh groups vs groups with pugs is always a tough one, which is why that type of fight is preferred for at least me.

I disagree that to wipe another group you need a larger group to come negate them though. If you look at some of other videos you can see coordinated ulties (2 or 3 people) can generally wipe a significant portion of most raids on the server. For us it might take a little more but depends if you get lucky with a negate. It's definitely possible though.

Tbh I think the way the game has gone with the reduction of ways to fight back against zergs has actually had a bigger impact on groups like ours. If you take Banana squad for example back in the day our ideal size was 8 people. Then slowly this grew to 12, then 14 and now 14-16 is ideal for fighting the rest of the server.

Also back then people would spread fights around more mainly due to camps having no range. making purge and retreating group only also harmed things because pugs die so quickly without anyone to support them.

The only thing needed now is bring back ground oil, add a cooldown to soul gem res and make camps have no range requirement and I think fights would change for the better tbh.

Remember back then huge groups survived by barriers and purge to a lesser extent (when rapids wasn't dropped by abilities). now it would be completely different.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on July 14, 2017 9:57PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wanna thank you guys and the blue zerg forcrashing me out of nickel last night.

Pro tip for when you get crashed out like this. Open your graphics settings on your char selection screen and set your draw distance to 0 then log back in on that char. Normally helps.

pro tip

stop zerging so hard
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Elong, I don't know how you do it in Australia, but here in the USA! what you did last night to me at Bruma we call not honorable. It seems that you and your 7-8 cheese brigade don't care about jumping on top of a single player and mauling him or her. But that's ok Trumpetbar, ask Chasiella? Cashew? Whatever the NB's name is what happened when he and I went toe to toe alone at the Bruma flag. And mind you that Cashew got the jump on me. Ask the warden Kanumeri? Whatever the bird spammer's name is. Ask the bird whisperer what happened when I was able to isolate him. Hint, the netch didn't help him.

Ask C "Clipped Wings" Falcon when I dropped some burst on him and he panicked only to be saved by four or more of the cabbage patch kids.

There is a reason that in Australia children grew up watching the Rescuer's Down Under and here in the USA kids watched Rambo, Arnold S., and Hulk Hogan!

And don't think I have forgotten about you Sara Moon and Star Print Socks. One day, if I hit the lottery, I will happen to find you in Cyrodiil without 12 other's surrounding you.

I missed nearly all the fun as I was late to PvP having been tied up with a lovely altmer lady or three in the back room of the Bruma main hall. My condolences.

Were you playing Pitch?
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i wanna thank you guys and the blue zerg forcrashing me out of nickel last night.

Pro tip for when you get crashed out like this. Open your graphics settings on your char selection screen and set your draw distance to 0 then log back in on that char. Normally helps.

pro tip

stop zerging so hard

Was actually being helpful, my tip works. Unfortunately your tip doesn't work because I'll never consider us running 12-16 people vs 30-80 as 'zerging'.

Are you Shor you shouldn't try no CP campaign, might be more to your liking
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on July 14, 2017 9:58PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options