The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

PvE Cyrodiil Servers

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    I don't like PVP, but I thought the entire point of Cyrodiil was to kill the other alliance.

Really, if we get a pve cyrodiil, perhaps they should give an open-world pvp server for people who like that sort of thing?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, we need a PvE Cyrodil
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    I don't like PVP, but I thought the entire point of Cyrodiil was to kill the other alliance.

Really, if we get a pve cyrodiil, perhaps they should give an open-world pvp server for people who like that sort of thing?

I'm not against it. I doubt many would go into that server, but you know. Options.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Anlace wrote: »
    (various generalizations about PvPers)
    The majority huh. You're mistaken. We have things to do that reward us for our time, and killing you isn't one of them. You're much less interesting than you seem to believe.

I did almost attack somebody by a skyshard deep in AD territory not long ago. He startled me, I saw a yellow shield, and if I had better reflexes I probably would have lit him up. But I don't and I didn't, and we both got the shard and hit the road. Don't want to fight people who don't want to fight me back. But if I had hit him, fought him, killed him, it wouldn't have been because I wanted to ruin his day. That's what I'm supposed to do, kill AD before they kill me or mine.

It's saddening to see how PvPers are viewed by some, we're just people. Hopefully this event bringing lots of the previously unblooded into Cyrodiil has helped puncture the myths.

I dunno about other people but I get a lot of my views from the responses in the forum, like people flat out saying "I will kill you if I see you and I don't care if you were fishing, haha." That alone is enough to deter me and really discourage me in cases where an achievement/dye is gated behind a pvp zone. To be fair, I ALSO see a lot of people saying that they don't bother with people who aren't there to fight them...but it's not those people's job to protect me, and they can't control the others, so it's still just not safe.

They would have to find you first. I don't know anyone who would waste their time circling the shore of Lake Rumare looking for fishers before they go take or defend a keep.

The most likely place where you would run into a PvPer doing PvE in Cyrodiil would be at dolmens because they are farming the cold fire siege. Or if you happen to run into their favourite delve to get Blessings of War (though my PvP guild once ran into our favourite cave with a full raid, ran into an AD player there who was obviously low level and managed not to kill him AND he got credit for the boss).
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    The majority huh. You're mistaken. We have things to do that reward us for our time, and killing you isn't one of them. You're much less interesting than you seem to believe.

I did almost attack somebody by a skyshard deep in AD territory not long ago. He startled me, I saw a yellow shield, and if I had better reflexes I probably would have lit him up. But I don't and I didn't, and we both got the shard and hit the road. Don't want to fight people who don't want to fight me back. But if I had hit him, fought him, killed him, it wouldn't have been because I wanted to ruin his day. That's what I'm supposed to do, kill AD before they kill me or mine.

It's saddening to see how PvPers are viewed by some, we're just people. Hopefully this event bringing lots of the previously unblooded into Cyrodiil has helped puncture the myths.

I dunno about other people but I get a lot of my views from the responses in the forum, like people flat out saying "I will kill you if I see you and I don't care if you were fishing, haha." That alone is enough to deter me and really discourage me in cases where an achievement/dye is gated behind a pvp zone. To be fair, I ALSO see a lot of people saying that they don't bother with people who aren't there to fight them...but it's not those people's job to protect me, and they can't control the others, so it's still just not safe.

The most likely place where you would run into a PvPer doing PvE in Cyrodiil would be at dolmens because they are farming the cold fire siege. Or if you happen to run into their favourite delve to get Blessings of War (though my PvP guild once ran into our favourite cave with a full raid, ran into an AD player there who was obviously low level and managed not to kill him AND he got credit for the boss).

Did you get him a change of underwear too? xD

Seriously though, that's awesome :)
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    Funny thing is offer double AP and all the PvE people who say they don't PvP jam Cyrodiil with 500+ queues.
    Takes bribes to get over their fears I guess. ;)
    Options
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should have a pve cyrodiil.

if nothing else its a source of cheap content. just fill it full of daedra and let players do their thing.

you could make a dlc out of that alone.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
    Options
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    Join a low pop server and run around smartly. You will rarely bump into anyone, and if you do, they will generally leave you alone because chances are they are there for the same thing.
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
    Options
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    I was talking about griefers, and it's my experience that they're the majority in PvP. They will hunt you down precisely because they know you don't want to PvP, and they feed on the anguish they know they're going to cause by ganking you. They are despicable wretches, all of them. -.- They really do make all the evil Daedra seem saintly by comparison...

And so, a PvP-free Cyro/IC is a troll-free pair of zones.

I was not calling you a thug, though thanks for trying to make it look like I did, that really helped(!). It was a comparison to real-life hooliganism, people beating up on the helpless for giggles. Perhaps then, they're doing a public service by keeping their griefing to MMOs. If you bothered to read what I had been saying the whole time, you would know I was talking about griefers. Not PvPers with an "honour" system, like you claim to have. I'd believe that when I see it, and not before.

Unless, of course, you're in denial that there are PvPers who live to grief PvErs? Which would explain your earlier reactions...

I think the reason you think griefers are the majority of PvP is because you avoid PvP.

Are there griefers? Sure. But they are small in number. And regular PvPers will come take care of them if you ask for help.

As others have pointed out, Cyrodiil and IC were designed specifically with PvP in mind. All the PvE there is imbued with the danger of encountering enemy players. Without it, it would be a pretty boring zone with lots of riding around.

Just remember that between each keep in Cyrodiil, there are neatly-formed lines of evenly-spaced nightblades waiting to gank you. Because they have nothing better to do but wait for unsuspecting newbies. :P

It happens, but if you take a few measures like not running along the line on the map between keeps and getting at least a couple of pieces of impen gear, ganking will not be a common occurrence.
    Edited by rhapsodious on July 28, 2017 4:59PM
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Did you get him a change of underwear too? xD

Seriously though, that's awesome :)

Voice comms really helped. We'd never be able to tell everyone to not attack via text in time.

My PvE guild does skyshard hunts in Cyrodiil fairly regularly, and twice we ran into members of opposing factions and befriended them and they joined the guild. One of them (a DK) helped get me unstuck from behind a root in a delve. The boss knocked me in and my friends couldn't help me, so he used chains to pull me back out. :-)
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    coop500 wrote: »
    We will leave you alone when you leave us alone.

I like how all these PVPers are not addressing the fact they are DIRECTLY STOPPING us from doing what we need to do. Instead they call us carebears and farm us for AP, then teabag us.

Then we have to ride ALL the way back, just for it to happen again.

The first thing I do when I see a enemy player is run the other way, what ALWAYS happens after that? I get chased, killed and teabagged. And you wonder why we want a PVE option?

Well, the mobs in Aetherian Archives are DIRECTLY stopping me from looting the trials gear out of all the chests. Could we just...make them go away?

Cyrodill is a PVP ZONE. That is the point of it's existence. That is the trial if you will... the main content. The challenge. The raison d'être. I can safely say the chance of you getting a copy of Cyrodiil with the point removed so you can have all the stuff for free only because humans terrify you is:

00.000%.

In short, cowboy up and learn that having your pixel person "killed" by humans won't hurt you IRL, or don't get those sky-shards, sets, etc.

Or keep complaining on the Internet but the answer is still most assuredly going to be, "No."
    Edited by apostate9 on July 28, 2017 5:16PM
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    The achievements in Cyrodiil were meant to be earned in a mixed PvP/PvE environment.
    Having Cyrodiil PvE only would cheapen their worth.
    That is why most are against a PvE only Cyrodiil not that any body actively just hunts PvE players on purpose.
    So suck it up and truly be a Tamriel Hero.
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    Menegroth wrote: »
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    I really need the PVE care bears and unicorns to come to Cyrodill for reasons.

I don't know, if I got a in-character rage tell it might be worth it! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And there are much better ways to get people to PvP then forcing them into it. How about inviting your guildmates? How about invinting random newbies and walking them through it?

I am in a guild that does Vet Trials, if they approached me and asked? Sure. Have they? No. We PvPer's aren't above training new blood, but experience and a willingness to learn are just as important as the sword on your hip, and the shield on your back.

You're forgetting something very important here-- this is an alliance war. And the toon they may want to bring in may not be the same alliance I'm in. Makes it much harder to help them when they're marked as an enemy to my toon.
    Options
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    Cyrodiil is one of the few regions you have to stay alert all the time. Do not take that away just to make the game easier. It is good to have a zone that makes your heart beat a bit faster. That precous moment after taking the wrong turn and there is a group of players from another fraction a stones throw away and it is just " please don't run this way, please don't run this way..."
    Options
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Just gona put this out there, reason being ESO is doing so well is because of the Pvp side of the game. The PvE population left along time ago, while the PvP part has always been a active part of the game. Therefor there is pretty much only PvP players on the forum, and this pool gets downvoted alot.

I think it would be a nice feature to implement a PvE version of Cyrodill. Maybe add a couple of new events appering in this map? like Deadra attacking keeps, and all alliences needs to unite to fight back. Also loads of world bosses attacking keep doors, to try claim the base.

Sounds amazing to be honest, lets make it happen! :smiley:
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
    Options
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is with people being against something that wont affect them whatsoever? Not negatively anyways.

If there was a separate server for non PvP Cyrodiil, there would be less people cluttering up your PvP servers who aren't actually participating in PvP. Beyond that, you personally will see no difference if you don't go into the PvE server.

As for the people saying "Then we should get to PvP in PvE zones"... Sure, why not? As long as its a separate server it wont affect me and I have no problem with that, maybe they could even make dead players drop set items for the zone.

People need to learn that if it doesn't effect them at all, they shouldn't try to stop good things for others.
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    What is with people being against something that wont affect them whatsoever? Not negatively anyways.

If there was a separate server for non PvP Cyrodiil, there would be less people cluttering up your PvP servers who aren't actually participating in PvP. Beyond that, you personally will see no difference if you don't go into the PvE server.

As for the people saying "Then we should get to PvP in PvE zones"... Sure, why not? As long as its a separate server it wont affect me and I have no problem with that, maybe they could even make dead players drop set items for the zone.

People need to learn that if it doesn't effect them at all, they shouldn't try to stop good things for others.

Problem is, they claim it will effect them, because they will lose easy AP and have no 'new blood' though that's not true. You don't have to be forced into PVP to try it. Events like this is a safer, nicer way to do it then 'you spent hours trying to clear this achievement, but wait you gotta go to PVP land and get ganked to finish it fully'
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    coop500 wrote: »

Problem is, they claim it will effect them, because they will lose easy AP and have no 'new blood' though that's not true. You don't have to be forced into PVP to try it. Events like this is a safer, nicer way to do it then 'you spent hours trying to clear this achievement, but wait you gotta go to PVP land and get ganked to finish it fully'

Exactly.

Also that small bit about the PvP community going to die without new influx of players from PvE, but I guess that's not really important. I mean that would mean it does affect us, but, as I said, it's just a small bit, not really important.

Medakon wrote: »
    Just gona put this out there, reason being ESO is doing so well is because of the Pvp side of the game. The PvE population left along time ago, while the PvP part has always been a active part of the game. Therefor there is pretty much only PvP players on the forum, and this pool gets downvoted alot.

I think it would be a nice feature to implement a PvE version of Cyrodill. Maybe add a couple of new events appering in this map? like Deadra attacking keeps, and all alliences needs to unite to fight back. Also loads of world bosses attacking keep doors, to try claim the base.

Sounds amazing to be honest, lets make it happen! :smiley:

You make a poll, the poll doesn't go your way, the poll doesn't count... sounds fair.

Have a nice day
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.

My advice for you is to read at least some of the old posts before you jump to the last page to comment.

There are arguments explaining why and how it would affect the PvP community, but I guess we can just black that out and ignore it if it doesn't push our narrative, right ?
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)

#SpellswordArmy

Options
  • Medakon
    Medakon
    ✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »

You make a poll, the poll doesn't go your way, the poll doesn't count... sounds fair.

Have a nice day

I didn't make any poll, just stating facts, and the poll also reflects on it.
    70% of player base in ESO is PvP, 30% is PvE players acording to that poll. Sound about right. :smirk:
    Edited by Medakon on July 28, 2017 6:25PM
    Medakon - Legendary Super Hero Professional Assassin Nightblade from Tamriel who do different stuff B)
    Options
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭

I don't know, if I got a in-character rage tell it might be worth it! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And there are much better ways to get people to PvP then forcing them into it. How about inviting your guildmates? How about invinting random newbies and walking them through it?

I am in a guild that does Vet Trials, if they approached me and asked? Sure. Have they? No. We PvPer's aren't above training new blood, but experience and a willingness to learn are just as important as the sword on your hip, and the shield on your back.

You're forgetting something very important here-- this is an alliance war. And the toon they may want to bring in may not be the same alliance I'm in. Makes it much harder to help them when they're marked as an enemy to my toon.

Awesome! The you must agree that forcing people that don't want to PvP to go to a PvP zone in order to complete their PvE achievements isn't good for anyone, right? After all, we have absolutely no desire whatosver to learn how to PvP. It's really simple.

If you, and by "you" I mean all PvPers that are so completely against a separate Pve instance so we can finish our PvE achievements, are really so honorable and have no intention to gank unsuspecting PvE players forced in there to earn easy AP, why do they have a problem why us not going there at all? We get out of your queues and you get a land filled with PvPers only that will provide you the challenge you desire while we're free to get our PvE achievements.

My advice for you is to read at least some of the old posts before you jump to the last page to comment.

There are arguments explaining why and how it would affect the PvP community, but I guess we can just black that out and ignore it if it doesn't push our narrative, right ?

My advice for you is to rethink your point since it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to think that forcing PvE players into gankers land is the way to keep PvP going. If forcing people that have no desire to take part in it is the only way to make it survive, then the fundamental problem lies elsewhere. Like I said before, invite people to join the PvP. Organize events there with guildies and random players to help them learn and enjoy PvP. That way you get people willing to go, learn and appreciate it instead of having people completely hating it even more since they felt obligated to do PvP, which many people, me included, despise in order to complete their PvE achievements.

It boggles my mind that people really think that forcing others into content they don't want in order to complete the content they do want is a good acceptable idea.
    Edited by Menegroth on July 28, 2017 7:51PM
    "I see", said the blind man
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    Bottom line: the alliance war is taking place in Cyrodiil during the timeline of ESO. The alliance war is the main story during this time frame.

Can't expect Cyrodiil to be completely war-free so pvers can run around doing as they please..
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there griefers? Sure. But they are small in number. And regular PvPers will come take care of them if you ask for help.

As others have pointed out, Cyrodiil and IC were designed specifically with PvP in mind. All the PvE there is imbued with the danger of encountering enemy players. Without it, it would be a pretty boring zone with lots of riding around.

You are lying or are on some serious meds - maybe both...

Griefers are literally EVERYWHERE. If you don't go to Cyrodiil when the map is dead, you're just going to spend time riding to a town only to get instantly nuked by a NB behind a tree while you turn in a quest... It's boring to ride around only to get instantly killed and WASTE time going somewhere else.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.

My advice for you is to rethink your point since it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to think that forcing PvE players into gankers land is the way to keep PvP going. If forcing people that have no desire to take part in it is the only way to make it survive, then the fundamental problem lies elsewhere. Like I said before, invite people to join the PvP. Organize events there with guildies and random players to help them learn and enjoy PvP. That way you get people willing to go, learn and appreciate it instead of having people completely hating it even more since they felt obligated to do PvP, which many people, me included, despise in order to complete their PvE achievements.

It boggles my mind that people really think that forcing others into content they don't want in order to complete the content they do want is a good acceptable idea.

You don't need the lorebooks to reach level 10 in the mage's guild skill line.

You don't need the skyshards to complete the story line.

You don't need the delves to complete any of your adventure zone's missions.

You want those skyshards, lorebooks and delve achievements.

There's a way to get them, come to Cyrodiil.

Achievements are made to be challenging. You want the challenge removed for the sake of I don't even know what.

It would make no sense to ask for a mob-free vMoL so you can get the skin, why are you people asking for the same exact thing?

As for organizing events, are you daft ? I, as a player, have to make sure a part of the game can function properly ? It would be like asking you, as a PvE player, to make an event to get people to play into an alliance rather than another. It's not your job.

As for gankers land, I'm happy that you guys are so knowledgeable about a side of the game you don't even want to come close for fear of getting some disease, really happy.

It makes no sense whatsoever, but I'm happy.

So far you're throwing assumptions about PvP, like that the majority of the population is made of griefers, and there are people actively hunting you for some unknown reason, or that the moment you step into cyrodiil you get ganked.

You know what you sound like? You sound like this:
    SetWidth940-tinfoil-hat.jpg

Have a nice day.

Edited by Aisle9 on July 28, 2017 9:07PM

#SpellswordArmy

Options
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    You able to do PvE in Cyrodiil! You are able to have your NPC fun until others will stop it :p
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.

Awesome! The you must agree that forcing people that don't want to PvP to go to a PvP zone in order to complete their PvE achievements isn't good for anyone, right? After all, we have absolutely no desire whatosver to learn how to PvP. It's really simple.

If you, and by "you" I mean all PvPers that are so completely against a separate Pve instance so we can finish our PvE achievements, are really so honorable and have no intention to gank unsuspecting PvE players forced in there to earn easy AP, why do they have a problem why us not going there at all? We get out of your queues and you get a land filled with PvPers only that will provide you the challenge you desire while we're free to get our PvE achievements.

I completed all of the PvE achievements for Cyrodiil[not including Imperial City]. You say 'force', no one is forcing you here sweetheart. If asked, I can give you a pretty nicely detailed guide as to how to take advantage Cyrodiil's map to complete the PvE portion, without engaging a single target. I've done it before myself, but it took time, planning and very careful game play from myself to get through the whole map without being singled out.

I didn't mention anything about singling out PvERs. But, Cyrodiil is, and always will be a war zone. I'm not wishing for it to get anything else-- other then PvP.

I will say this again, there is a way to complete PvE achievements without engaging anyone. All it requires is a few simple rules to follow and careful planning. The honest to Akatosh hard part of it is the how much the map flips different colors, where to be--where not to be. That is where a PvPer's valued perspective comes into play.
    Options
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭

You don't need the lorebooks to reach level 10 in the mage's guild skill line.

You don't need the skyshards to complete the story line.

You don't need the delves to complete any of your adventure zone's missions.

You want those skyshards, lorebooks and delve achievements.

There's a way to get them, come to Cyrodiil.

Achievements are made to be challenging. You want the challenge removed for the sake of I don't even know what.

Completely irrelevant to the case of having a PvE Cyrodil or not. What does it matter to you if a player that doesn't want to take part in your gank fest can get the PvE elements of Cyrodil done in a completely separate instance of the map, earning no AP or helping any faction? If you're so honorable that you'd never-ever attack PvErs like you said in previous pages, why are you so against letting those same players that add absolutely nothing to your game getting their own map to do their PvE things? Unless, of course, all you really want is the easy AP ganking PvErs gets you. Otherwise, all you're doing is crying about something that doesn't affect you at all but that could make a lot of other players happy.

It would make no sense to ask for a mob-free vMoL so you can get the skin, why are you people asking for the same exact thing?

Density is strong on this one. Again, because PvE achievements are locked behind a PvP zone, which doesn't interest me whatsoever. But for some seriously skewed reason, you people think is ok to force me into that cesspool to complete what should have been PvE.

As for organizing events, are you daft ? I, as a player, have to make sure a part of the game can function properly ? It would be like asking you, as a PvE player, to make an event to get people to play into an alliance rather than another. It's not your job.

See? Even you can make sense sometimes. That's PRECISELY our point! Why do you people expect us PvErs to work for your entertainment? It's not our job to fix your godamned PvP! Either take it up on yourselves to solve the problem and do as I suggested or, hell, even come up with your own ideas to make it stop bleeding players. Have you thought about that? Just like we are doing by asking a PvE Cyrodil map so we don't have to deal with PvP.

As for gankers land, I'm happy that you guys are so knowledgeable about a side of the game you don't even want to come close for fear of getting some disease, really happy.

If you've payed attention to my first post on this thread you'll see I posted videos of people doing exactly that: ganking PvErs and newbies. I know it's convenient to forget the proof you asked has been posted, but here's a reminder:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4375365/#Comment_4375365

It makes no sense whatsoever,

I'm glad we agree on this at least.

but I'm happy.

Good for you. Have a cookie.
    1620bbe41c01a482f7278581434b90b7--chewy-oatmeal-raisin-cookies-oatmeal-raisins.jpg

So far you're throwing assumptions about PvP, like that the majority of the population is made of griefers, and there are people actively hunting you for some unknown reason, or that the moment you step into cyrodiil you get ganked.

Like I said in the original post, I found these videos within 3 minutes of searching for "elder scrolls online ganking noobs". here's another reminder: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4375365/#Comment_4375365
    And don't forget the countless accounts of PvE players in this very thread about their own experiences with trying to complet the PvE content in Cyrodil.

You know what you sound like? You sound like this:
    SetWidth940-tinfoil-hat.jpg

Ad hominem. Predictable when people run out of argument to support their faulty beliefs.

Have a nice day.

This makes me laugh everytime. :D
    Edited by Menegroth on July 28, 2017 9:39PM
    Options
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭
    I completed all of the PvE achievements for Cyrodiil[not including Imperial City]. You say 'force', no one is forcing you here sweetheart. If asked, I can give you a pretty nicely detailed guide as to how to take advantage Cyrodiil's map to complete the PvE portion, without engaging a single target. I've done it before myself, but it took time, planning and very careful game play from myself to get through the whole map without being singled out.

I didn't mention anything about singling out PvERs. But, Cyrodiil is, and always will be a war zone. I'm not wishing for it to get anything else-- other then PvP.

I will say this again, there is a way to complete PvE achievements without engaging anyone. All it requires is a few simple rules to follow and careful planning. The honest to Akatosh hard part of it is the how much the map flips different colors, where to be--where not to be. That is where a PvPer's valued perspective comes into play.

A round of applause for you for completing the PvE achievements in Cyrodil, baby doll. But we're not discussing if it's possible or not. What we're asking is for a PvE instance of Cyrodil completely separate from your PvP Holy Land. Understand this: some people hate PvP and don't want to have nothing to do with it whatsoever.

With the new PvE instance, PvErs will get out of your queues and you'll have a PvP zone filled only with PvPers that will give you a challenge. And the skyshards and lorfebooks will still be there in your PvP zone if you wantg to collect them again with another character.

As we've been saying again and again, you people have absolutely nothing to lose from this. Both groups have only to gain.
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well after 2 weeks We get 70 yes 155 no. I guess the tribe has spoken.

But that is a fairly good sized amount of players that do want it. Only time will tell.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PvP players will disagree because they need easy AP - a selfish reason, but they won't admit it. Some PvE players won't care either because they just get on at odd hours to do their questing and shard hunting. Yes, this feature should be implemented because there are folks who can't afford to be up at weird hours. Will this be implemented? Maybe, but there needs to be a large enough voice for wanting it.

If there were a ton of players in Cyrodiil only for PvE activities, then it could be argued that a PvE Cyrodiil map would help lessen the population count on popular campaigns. Of course, a PvE Cyrodiil map would have no AP gains of any kind since there are no keeps or resources to cap. Quests would simply give XP and honestly, I think those players would be OK with that. No one quests for AP anyway, lol.

I honestly believe that no player should be forced to do PvE or PvP against their will for progression. The Golden Vendor exists for PvP folks who don't want to dungeon crawl and PvE gets... nothing. PvE folks are forced to go into Cyrodiil to get shards (15 skill points!), finish quest achievements, and unlock a PvP skill line for the mandatory Vigor if they are a stamina character. A PvE Cyrodiil hurts NO ONE and allows players to play the game and their character how they want.

I don't agree with you, therefore I'm a fascist, right ?

PvP players disagree, because the population in PvP is messed up, and the achievements, missions, delves and other things bring people to Cyrodiil.

1/3rd of these people will like what they see and stay enjoying a side of PvP with their PvE.

The population stays healthy.

PvE only Cyrodiil means the PvE players that were still wondering whether or not try PvP will just log in the PvE one and the PvP population will die. The difference between PvE and PvP is that PvE constantly gets new players, because that's where the game begins. PvP needs new players to actively enter, decide they want to try it, and enter, as old players leave to try other games.

You know why, as a PvP player, I'm opposing to this ? because I just imagined a number of PvE players reading that last sentence like this:
    5271806-5476161894-palpa.jpg

You don't want to play PvP, don't play PvP. Just leave us alone, ok ?

You make an almost convincing case until you demolish your own argument in the last sentence. It is precisely because people who don't want to play PvP and don't play PvP would love to leave PvPers alone but know that they won't be left alone that they are asking for a PvE instance of Cyrodiil.

I haven't campaigned for a PvE instance of Cyrodiil but at the same time I have yet to see a convincing reason not to have one. PvPers complain the whole time about the performance in Cyrodiil which is in part due to PvEers being in a PvP zone they'd rather not be in, and PvPers also complain about the long queues for PvP campaigns which again are bolstered by PvEers who don't really want to be there. Why not keep them separate then everyone gets what they want? PvPers can PvP among those of similar tastes with fewer performance issues and shorter queues, while PvEers can complete their PvE objectives without worrying about PvP - unless they want the challenge of questing etc in a PvP zone in which case that option remains open to them. Everyone's a winner!
    Edited by Tandor on August 11, 2017 2:37PM
    Options
  • MNsnowtaTy
    MNsnowtaTy
    ✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    We just had a 7 day no CP campaigns shut down for lack of interest and 3 more 7 day CP campaigns opened up. I e yet to see any of them fill up, but whatever we got em now.

What difference would one PvE campaign make? I don't understand the opposition to it? Seriously. It would not affect anyone. Players could go there. Get they skyshard and do quests, dolmens, delves whatever.

It's options.

Half the time there's barely anyone running around in these areas, so get in and do what you need to do. It isn't that hard to do. I did it all by myself and I suck at PVP.

Might as well put everything at the first gate you spawn at when you join this PVE campaign.

Really though what's the point? Having no skill/challenge to getting any of these items. It's an excuse to be able to do it within a couple of hours some night when you're bored. I took advantage of a campaign that was added with the PVP event and got all the skyshards and did all the caves for my main character.

Options