Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

PvE Cyrodiil Servers

• Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    @Aisle9

No, you're all saying "no" because the PvP Coliseum lions can't live without their easily-digestible PvE food, right?

Tell me it isn't so, that most PvPers aren't looking for easy kills, which they'll only get from people who can't or don't want to engage in PvP.
    @Aisle9

No, you're all saying "no" because the PvP Coliseum lions can't live without their easily-digestible PvE food, right?

I don't know what you're talking about
    [snip]

If PvE peeps got their own instances of Cyrodiil and Imperial City, your kind (PvPers) would be up the creek, matey, with no easy pickings to violate; so you oppose it, so you can guarantee your kind more live food, in the form of PvEers there to do PvE stuff *only*.

It's the same reason all thugs do what they do, because they can and their victims are helpless.

I've found PvPers are no different as a lot, and it makes sense, why go for a harder (other PvPer) kill when you can get a million easy ones (PvEers)? And all games do this, all the PvPers end up begging for situations where PvEers will go to get eaten by them.

1) I really thought you were being ironic.
    2) I really don't know what you're talking about.

A PvP player is either after AP or fun.

Chasing a PvE player down a delve just to gank him, while he's not even fighting back is
    a) time consuming (you have to walk/ride really out of the way)
    b) less rewarding (they don't fight back, or, if they do, not effectively)
    c) gives less AP (flipping resources or keeps gives more AP if you really have to go chase down carebears)

So, yeah, I don't know what you're talking about.

I might decide to pick the occasional straggler off a zerg that just rolled over me, but wouldn't you ?

most PvP players, myself included, are after fun fights, which are provided by people that know how to fight in PvP.

By your assumption, you're not, so, no, I won't be chasing you, dude.

If you were that snipe spammer that stood over my corpse and teabag it, after your 24ppl group just tried for a couple of minutes to kill me... well, that's another story, mate. Yeah, I'll chase you down and kill you.

Also thank you for calling me a thug, good thing I was the one calling other names, uh ?

Have a good day

*is not a dude* -.-

I was talking about griefers, and it's my experience that they're the majority in PvP. They will hunt you down precisely because they know you don't want to PvP, and they feed on the anguish they know they're going to cause by ganking you. They are despicable wretches, all of them. -.- They really do make all the evil Daedra seem saintly by comparison...

And so, a PvP-free Cyro/IC is a troll-free pair of zones.

I was not calling you a thug, it was a comparison to real-life hooliganism, people beating up on the helpless for giggles. And if you bothered to read what I had been saying the whole time, you would know I was talking about griefers.

Unless, of course, you're in denial that there are PvPers who live to grief PvErs? Which would explain your reactions...

Ok, I'm editing this post to have the argument, don't make me regret it.

Ofc there are, just like there are people using macros, or worse, just like there are people exploiting trials mechanics.

What you can't say is "I got killed by one of those people, therefore all PvP players are like that".

If you bother to read some of my old posts (which you clearly did), instead of accusing me (like you did in your first reply) you would understand why I'm opposing to your own personal paradise and birds chirping, and unicorns farting rainbows.

Hope this clarifies.

And, for the sake of future conversations, if you want to engage someone in an argument, might help not to start so aggressively.

Have a good day.

Edited by Aisle9 on July 27, 2017 8:44PM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    coop500 wrote: »
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    For questing and fishing even crafting usually there's an honor system and most don't mess with these players.

I was finishing up one of my quests in the Imperial City and I actually had an enemy player help me finish the last few parts and we didn't attack each other once nor did we at the end when we were done.

The honor code is real!

Yeah no, you found a unicorn in the herd of a million horses.

I've been ganked fishing, grabbing skyshards, reading books, collecting wood/ore/plants, doing dolmens, all that non PVP stuff.

PVPers have zero honor code, they just want free AP. What you found was clearly more of a PVEer

I beg to differ, I find the PvE players at the towns to be the first to attack me when I come across them.
    Believe it or not a kill on a low rank PvP player which the PvE only guy usually is isn't worth that much ap to bother hunting them.
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    For questing and fishing even crafting usually there's an honor system and most don't mess with these players.

I was finishing up one of my quests in the Imperial City and I actually had an enemy player help me finish the last few parts and we didn't attack each other once nor did we at the end when we were done.

The honor code is real!

I've been ganked fishing, grabbing skyshards, reading books, collecting wood/ore/plants, doing dolmens, all that non PVP stuff.

PVPers have zero honor code, they just want free AP. What you found was clearly more of a PVEer

I beg to differ, I find the PvE players at the towns to be the first to attack me when I come across them.
    Believe it or not a kill on a low rank PvP player which the PvE only guy usually is isn't worth that much ap to bother hunting them.

Sometimes I just wait a bit to make sure they really want to, even bash them a bit, just to make sure they didn't take me for an NPC or something.
    Edited by Aisle9 on July 27, 2017 8:39PM
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)

#SpellswordArmy

Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, we need a PvE Cyrodil

The honor code is real!

Sometimes I just wait a bit to make sure they really want to, even bash them a bit, just to make sure they didn't take me for an NPC or something.

I'd be extremely happy if I ever saw this, but I don't know, I still haven't and I just can't imagine seeing it ever after all I have seen before. I have seen PVPers in the forums being PROUD of killing off defenceless PVEers (not all PVEers are)
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The honor code is real!

I'd be extremely happy if I ever saw this, but I don't know, I still haven't and I just can't imagine seeing it ever after all I have seen before. I have seen PVPers in the forums being PROUD of killing off defenceless PVEers (not all PVEers are)

Post a link, please.
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.

The honor code is real!

I'd be extremely happy if, once in my life, I didn't get stomped by a 48 PvE heroes zerg spamming light attacks. Guess we'll both have to live with that. It's not that hard, you accept it's part of the game, you have your bit of rage, you go back, do your thing.

On the topic of dying in PvP: have you ever actually tried to defend yourself ? Who knows, maybe you get to kill your attacker and keep doing what you're doing. Maybe you'll find you even like it.

Just saying

Personally, I learned more from dying than from actually fighting...

You get killed, you see what killed you, you develop a counter play around it.

Edited by Aisle9 on July 27, 2017 8:50PM

#SpellswordArmy

Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    There really is zero need for this, really. Just pick a low pop campaign or time. Or choose the day your faction os dominant for the easy fast travels.

It's funny trying to be on a mission and avoiding it all. It's not like there is a huge amount to do. And tinkering with the odd bit of PvP like ganking in the caves gets you I to it all
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.

The honor code is real!

Post a link, please.

Didn't the naming and shaming rule in the tos prohibit this ? Unless they were literally saying "defenseless PVEers" without providing any proof.

#SpellswordArmy

Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The honor code is real!

Post a link, please.

Didn't the naming and shaming rule in the tos prohibit this ? Unless they were literally saying "defenseless PVEers" without providing any proof.

It probably does break that rule and it's not worth getting banned for. But why are pics even required? It obviously happens.
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.

The honor code is real!

Post a link, please.

It probably does break that rule and it's not worth getting banned for. But why are pics even required? It obviously happens.

People also happen to get mugged from time to time, would you stop going to the store because the news say so ?

Let's assume it does happen, like you are describing. I'm probably more active than you in AvA zones, and I've got all my skyshards (only missing 2 behind AD gates) and I wasn't born with all the skills, I've been where you are now.

I've NEVER experienced what you are describing.

Have I met people killing lowbies ? sure, near active fights, sieges and such, when I was trying to actively PvP.

I've met some people in delves, while I was skyshard hunting and, the few that attacked me first, I killed, as they were not really PvP players, while I've never attacked first, because I was too scared to get killed.

I once met a templar that opened with javelin, then tried to light attack and jab. I stood there for a while before realizing he was literally doing no damage to me.

So, no, we don't agree on that, sorry.

In my experience, people that kills you in delves are people that, like you, are trying to get the skyshard or the achievement and are so scared to die they just try to kill you. Definitely not highly skilled PvP players, actively going there to hunt you.

You may not realize that, but it take a really long time to get from point A to B in Cyrodiil, so, doing that it's just way too much hassle for any players that really wants to PvP.

As for griefers, there aren't PvE or PvE or RP players, there are people, sometimes you just find an ass.

Edited by Aisle9 on July 27, 2017 9:17PM

#SpellswordArmy

Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    torn on this one...i can see both sides pretty clearly (kind of a curse)...

cyrodiil is a great map - crazy big for how it is currently used...

with some tweaks - it could definitely be a great pve addition...

number one tweak needed - add a bunch more flipping resource nodes already for us farmers...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The honor code is real!

Post a link, please.

Pics aren't involved. The point is that I have yet to see a thread where someone gloated about kitten stomping without being either completely ignored or derided by other PvPers. I think some of the anti-PvP crowd are so focused on the bad things that happen to them that they can't see the forest for the trees.
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment and the idea, but I don't think it would be feasible for reasons mentioned by polite and informative people above who went into details about all the functionality of the zone.

What would be nicer would be some sort of token that would allow someone to venture into the zone to collect skyshards, fish, etc. PvE stuff but totally prevents them from attacking other players or being attacked in any way. Sort of like in some of the areas where you're in the shadow realm and your toon is invisible to others who are not currently on those quests, just kind of in a different dimension. So they'd be safe to do their PvE stuff, but while equipping their white flag they could not gain xp or AP or anything combat related whatsoever. They also wouldn't be visible to distract or tempt the PvPers, no cluttering up their landscape with people irrelevant to them.
    Edited by Minyassa on July 27, 2017 9:36PM
    Options
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    If you want to experience the world of PVP even on a casual basis, with a good support group to educate you on the skills, tools and mechanics of Cyrodiil, or merely want to join a group to be escorted around Cyrodiil for some of the 'PVE' content, seek out a friendly PVP Group in your platfform, server, and faction to discuss forming a skyshard group, dolmen run, etc.. Most PVP guilds take time off from PVP to do these tasks, just let them know you are interested in joining next time.

Or, If you are part of a PVE guild, consider forming a sister-alliance with a PVP Guild to swap PVP-PVE benefits and set up training sessions and plan group events with like-minded individuals.

Running around with a group of friends (and dying by their side) is a lot more enjoyable or at least a lot less stressful than being hunted down or constantly ganked on your own.

If you are on North American (NA) PS4 Aldmeri Dominion (AD) reach out to me, PSN:KrishakPanettier to join Rent A Zerg AD. We are primarily AD in PVP but do occasionally run on our Blues.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
    Options
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    I really need the PVE care bears and unicorns to come to Cyrodill for reasons.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    CavalryPK wrote: »

I don't know, if I got a in-character rage tell it might be worth it! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Options
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    You do realise basically the whole storyline of ESO centres around there being a war in Cyrodiil?
    Options
  • Anlace
    Anlace
    ✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    @Aisle9

Tell me it isn't so, that most PvPers aren't looking for easy kills, which they'll only get from people who can't or don't want to engage in PvP.
    @Aisle9

[snip]

If PvE peeps got their own instances of Cyrodiil and Imperial City, your kind (PvPers) would be up the creek, matey, with no easy pickings to violate; so you oppose it, so you can guarantee your kind more live food, in the form of PvEers there to do PvE stuff *only*.

It's the same reason all thugs do what they do, because they can and their victims are helpless.

I've found PvPers are no different as a lot, and it makes sense, why go for a harder (other PvPer) kill when you can get a million easy ones (PvEers)? And all games do this, all the PvPers end up begging for situations where PvEers will go to get eaten by them.

Chasing a PvE player down a delve just to gank him, while he's not even fighting back is
    c) gives less AP (flipping resources or keeps gives more AP if you really have to go chase down carebears)

I might decide to pick the occasional straggler off a zerg that just rolled over me, but wouldn't you ?

most PvP players, myself included, are after fun fights, which are provided by people that know how to fight in PvP.

If you were that snipe spammer that stood over my corpse and teabag it, after your 24ppl group just tried for a couple of minutes to kill me... well, that's another story, mate. Yeah, I'll chase you down and kill you.

Also thank you for calling me a thug, good thing I was the one calling other names, uh ?

Have a good day

I was talking about griefers, and it's my experience that they're the majority in PvP.

The majority huh. You're mistaken. We have things to do that reward us for our time, and killing you isn't one of them. You're much less interesting than you seem to believe.

I did almost attack somebody by a skyshard deep in AD territory not long ago. He startled me, I saw a yellow shield, and if I had better reflexes I probably would have lit him up. But I don't and I didn't, and we both got the shard and hit the road. Don't want to fight people who don't want to fight me back. But if I had hit him, fought him, killed him, it wouldn't have been because I wanted to ruin his day. That's what I'm supposed to do, kill AD before they kill me or mine.

It's saddening to see how PvPers are viewed by some, we're just people. Hopefully this event bringing lots of the previously unblooded into Cyrodiil has helped puncture the myths.

Templar - Warden - Sorc
    all magicka all the time
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anlace wrote: »
    (various generalizations about PvPers)
    The majority huh. You're mistaken. We have things to do that reward us for our time, and killing you isn't one of them. You're much less interesting than you seem to believe.

I did almost attack somebody by a skyshard deep in AD territory not long ago. He startled me, I saw a yellow shield, and if I had better reflexes I probably would have lit him up. But I don't and I didn't, and we both got the shard and hit the road. Don't want to fight people who don't want to fight me back. But if I had hit him, fought him, killed him, it wouldn't have been because I wanted to ruin his day. That's what I'm supposed to do, kill AD before they kill me or mine.

It's saddening to see how PvPers are viewed by some, we're just people. Hopefully this event bringing lots of the previously unblooded into Cyrodiil has helped puncture the myths.

I dunno about other people but I get a lot of my views from the responses in the forum, like people flat out saying "I will kill you if I see you and I don't care if you were fishing, haha." That alone is enough to deter me and really discourage me in cases where an achievement/dye is gated behind a pvp zone. To be fair, I ALSO see a lot of people saying that they don't bother with people who aren't there to fight them...but it's not those people's job to protect me, and they can't control the others, so it's still just not safe.
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

I dunno about other people but I get a lot of my views from the responses in the forum, like people flat out saying "I will kill you if I see you and I don't care if you were fishing, haha." That alone is enough to deter me and really discourage me in cases where an achievement/dye is gated behind a pvp zone. To be fair, I ALSO see a lot of people saying that they don't bother with people who aren't there to fight them...but it's not those people's job to protect me, and they can't control the others, so it's still just not safe.

Pretty much how I feel and my whole point.
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This by the way is not reassuring at all
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.

Ok, this is getting old, I don't want to belittle your point, but based on my experience of actual playing this side of the game I can't accept that, and even if there were such people (which is entirely possible, I'm not denying that), they are definitely not the majority of PvP players. Saying otherwise is just a gross generalization that only serves to further hurt PvP in this game and PvP players.

But, hey, links, please, I really need to see this. If it's true I will concede the point, after I mocked that person mercilessly.

Edited by Aisle9 on July 27, 2017 10:48PM

#SpellswordArmy

Options
  • Anlace
    Anlace
    ✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.

No, it's not safe. You may get killed, which if nothing else is inconvenient. But it's just part of the game. It's not malice, you're not hated.

It shouldn't be safe, that's kind of the point of having a PvP zone. Unpredictable and dangerous. You'd be surprised though, I've been riding my horse around to get shards and hardly seen anybody at all. I'm not very interesting to attack when I'm out by myself either.
    Templar - Warden - Sorc
    all magicka all the time
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have a pve cyrodiil that is similar to the experience of ES IV: Oblivion.

Oblivion is my favorite single player ES game and I would love to recreate all the fun I had in that game.

Don't get me wrong, I love pvp cyrodiil too I pvp there every day there and enjoy it. But it would just be nice to have multiple options.
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    The moment you enter cyrodiil u become a soldier for your alliance.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've long been a proponent of have a PvE instance of Cyrodiil. I don't see any downside as long as the PvP instances also remain.

I spent countless hours in both Oblivion and Skyrim and absolutely love the nostalgia value of peacefully exploring familiar areas from those games such as Eastmarch and Gold Coast currently provide. One of my disappointments with ESO is that I cannot peacefully explore the old familiar haunts in Cyrodiil from the game of Oblivion (except Gold Coast).

After many years of gaming and quite a bit more of my life behind than ahead of me, I'm old enough and experienced enough to know how and what I want to play - and that does not include PvP.

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Absolut_Turkey
    Absolut_Turkey
    ✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    *facepalm*
    So basically the OP and the people that agree with him/her just want everything made easier for them. "Wah! I don't wanna pvp, but I want the rewards that come with it." GTFO.
    Omniel Morningstar - Khajiit - Nightblade
    Veyron Galerion - Altmer - Sorcerer
    Star-Caller - Argonian - Templar
    Aradriel Nightwood - Bosmer - Warden
    Vermillion Alexander - Imperial - Dragonknight
    Options
  • Menegroth
    Menegroth
    ✭✭✭

I don't know, if I got a in-character rage tell it might be worth it! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This is exactly the cancerous behavior we have to deal with as PvErs.

There's absolutely zero reason for any PvPer be against a separate PvE Cyrodil campaing. Only if you're an obnoxious ganker that needs to kill people with no chance of fighting back you'll be against it.

The PvPers that are so honorable and adamantly say they would never hunt down PvErs and are only interested in good fights, won't miss us since we'd be only cluttering their PvP land. It's really simple: you'll get a Cyrodil filled only with PvPers that will provide you an actual challenge and we get a way to complete our PvE achievements that were previously locked behind ganker's land.

And there are much better ways to get people to PvP then forcing them into it. How about inviting your guildmates? How about invinting random newbies and walking them through it?

And for the people asking for proof that griefing even exist in the Holy Land of Honorable combat, here are some sources:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hLQTWHtqNY
    From the video's description:
    I really do like the changes to Cyrodiil Delves =D 1v4 NP! I killed all of these guys several times of the night, this was their organized push to get me out....NOPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUaRNg-So3E
    "I'll make sure they can't leave"
    At least one of them had the "decency" to "not do the teabag".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFpeQ6tChHk
    The name o the video should be enough

And I found these with 3 minutes simply by searching for "elder scrolls online ganking noobs". Do you people will still insist that this doesn't happen or can we move on?
    "I see", said the blind man
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *facepalm*
    So basically the OP and the people that agree with him/her just want everything made easier for them. "Wah! I don't wanna pvp, but I want the rewards that come with it." GTFO.

Skyshards, fish and books arent pvp rewards.
    Quests too, but most of Cyrodiil quests are just simple fetch tasks, IC storyline is much better.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, Don't need it.
    @Aisle9

I believe he's saying "no" because he wants the cubs to come play in the arena as well and learn the ropes.
    @Aisle9

@Aisle9

[snip]

Have a good day

*is not a dude* -.-

I was talking about griefers, and it's my experience that they're the majority in PvP. They will hunt you down precisely because they know you don't want to PvP, and they feed on the anguish they know they're going to cause by ganking you. They are despicable wretches, all of them. -.- They really do make all the evil Daedra seem saintly by comparison...

And so, a PvP-free Cyro/IC is a troll-free pair of zones.

I was not calling you a thug, though thanks for trying to make it look like I did, that really helped(!). It was a comparison to real-life hooliganism, people beating up on the helpless for giggles. Perhaps then, they're doing a public service by keeping their griefing to MMOs. If you bothered to read what I had been saying the whole time, you would know I was talking about griefers. Not PvPers with an "honour" system, like you claim to have. I'd believe that when I see it, and not before.

Unless, of course, you're in denial that there are PvPers who live to grief PvErs? Which would explain your earlier reactions...

I think the reason you think griefers are the majority of PvP is because you avoid PvP.

Are there griefers? Sure. But they are small in number. And regular PvPers will come take care of them if you ask for help.

As others have pointed out, Cyrodiil and IC were designed specifically with PvP in mind. All the PvE there is imbued with the danger of encountering enemy players. Without it, it would be a pretty boring zone with lots of riding around.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options