The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ZOS NERF: Earthtear Cavern Changes... Noooooooooo :(

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    Sweet stuff. Thank you.

Now can we get that awful item limit bug fixed o:)

exactly this!!! could we please get the items caps at least doubled???!!! the caps are awfully low

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very happy to see that post from Gina! Glad these things will get fixed, or you will at least find a way to make buyer's happy :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Very happy to see that post from Gina! Glad these things will get fixed, or you will at least find a way to make buyer's happy :)

it pretty much took time :), but better than never :).

• Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!

Acknowledging an error is not an easy move for a company, but you did it! i am very happy for those who own those houses and myself.

Now its time to game!
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We’d like to give you an update on some specific housing issues called out in this thread, and some comments about the issues as a whole.

Between housing launch and more recent updates, several changes were made to the houses in an attempt to fix some minor housing bugs, such as visual graphical errors or players being able to get outside the playable area. We had some internal issues that caused these changes to slip through our normal processes that are intended to keep houses and housing items as close as possible to the original when we have to fix housing-related problems. Obviously if a bug pops up, if it starts raining inside your house for example, that’s a problem and we will fix it. In general, though, your house should not functionally change as a result.We should have done a better job of communicating the changes and why they happened. As mentioned before, some of our internal processes were missed and we will ensure that that won't happen again in the future.

Here are the fixes we are working on now:
    • Earthtear Cavern – Rocks that were put in place to block access to non-playable areas are being removed. We are also removing the invisible wall along the waterway that blocks access to the rest of the walkway, and fixing the bug that allows it to rain inside.
    • Hunding’s Palatial Hall, starfish and seaweed – We are working on restoring the beach debris. If for some reason we are unable to do this, we will look into adding them as furnishings, which will be free in the store for a period of time so you can decorate your own shoreline.
    • Mathiisen Manor – Missing windows. As already noted in another thread, this is a bug and will be fixed.
    • Nord Lamps are now white instead of yellow – We are looking into this. If this is simply a cosmetic change, we would make both yellow and white available in the store for free for a period of time so that you can get the right one.
    • Swinging Lamps not swinging – This is a bug and will be fixed.

Depending on the complexity, some of them may come out sooner than others. We won’t hold up all the changes if one will take longer than the others, but the goal is to get these all fixed by Update 15 which is scheduled to launch in August.

Bravo @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm normally reticent to call you guys out because at the end of the day you are the public faces of a lot of things that you may have little control over but I think that maybe this is as good a chance as any to ask if there is a better way these comms could happen to avoid several weeks of people losing their collective sh*t over something that is both important to us as customers but is also, based on your reply, mostly a fairly straight forward slip up by someone in the dev/graphics area.

I'm guessing that somewhere in ZoS HQ, in some format or other there exists a list of known issues that are in a work queue for the devs to fix ranging from the bottom of the list trivial graphical glitches (like a tree in Wrothgar that is 1 inch away from the ground) to the huge must fix ASAP stuff (oops they can't queue for BGs!!).

Now, I can see there would be pros and cons to having that in the open but I'd make a case that if that list was around then we, and you, could have avoided a lot of threads and grief over the last month because we'd have known the issue was in the queue, we'd have known it was probably at the lower end of the urgency scale but there would be a confidence it was on the list and due to be addressed.

And sure if it sat untouched for 6 months then we might start to nag but starting from a position of knowing the score is always better than threads turning into paranoia into rumour and then into anger.

Maybe that list would need some cleansing as I know you are ambivalent about exposing potential exploits (although personally I still think listing any exploits that exist with an 'if you do them expect to be banned' note alongside would be fine but... ymmv).

I'm not just randomly throwing this out there I have some experience in dealing with IT issues and the management of customer expectations and there is very rarely a situation where more communication is a bad thing. So maybe you can consider this and whether this annoying incident is an opportunity to make some improvements in how we all communicate.
    Edited by Tavore1138 on June 29, 2017 5:25PM
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    We’d like to give you an update on some specific housing issues called out in this thread, and some comments about the issues as a whole.

Between housing launch and more recent updates, several changes were made to the houses in an attempt to fix some minor housing bugs, such as visual graphical errors or players being able to get outside the playable area. We had some internal issues that caused these changes to slip through our normal processes that are intended to keep houses and housing items as close as possible to the original when we have to fix housing-related problems. Obviously if a bug pops up, if it starts raining inside your house for example, that’s a problem and we will fix it. In general, though, your house should not functionally change as a result.We should have done a better job of communicating the changes and why they happened. As mentioned before, some of our internal processes were missed and we will ensure that that won't happen again in the future.

• Earthtear Cavern – Rocks that were put in place to block access to non-playable areas are being removed. We are also removing the invisible wall along the waterway that blocks access to the rest of the walkway, and fixing the bug that allows it to rain inside.
    • Hunding’s Palatial Hall, starfish and seaweed – We are working on restoring the beach debris. If for some reason we are unable to do this, we will look into adding them as furnishings, which will be free in the store for a period of time so you can decorate your own shoreline.
    • Mathiisen Manor – Missing windows. As already noted in another thread, this is a bug and will be fixed.
    • Nord Lamps are now white instead of yellow – We are looking into this. If this is simply a cosmetic change, we would make both yellow and white available in the store for free for a period of time so that you can get the right one.

Depending on the complexity, some of them may come out sooner than others. We won’t hold up all the changes if one will take longer than the others, but the goal is to get these all fixed by Update 15 which is scheduled to launch in August.

Bravo @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm normally reticent to call you guys out because at the end of the day you are the public faces of a lot of things that you may have little control over but I think that maybe this is as good a chance as any to ask if there is a better way these comms could happen to avoid several weeks of people losing their collective sh*t over something that is both important to us as customers but is also, based on your reply, mostly a fairly straight forward slip up by someone in the dev/graphics area.

I'm guessing that somewhere in ZoS HQ, in some format or other there exists a list of known issues that are in a work queue for the devs to fix ranging from the bottom of the list trivial graphical glitches (like a tree in Wrothgar that is 1 inch away from the ground) to the huge must fix ASAP stuff (oops they can't queue for BGs!!).

Now, I can see there would be pros and cons to having that in the open but I'd make a case that if that list was around then we, and you, have avoided a lot of threads and grief over the last month because we'd have known the issue was in the queue, we'd have known it was probably at the lower end of the urgency scale but there would be a confidence it was on the list and due to be addressed.

And sure if it sat untouched for 6 months then we might start to nag but starting from a position of knowing the score is always better than threads turning into paranoia into rumour and anger.

Maybe that list would need some cleansing as I know you are ambivalent about exposing potential exploits (although personally I still think listing exploits that exist with an 'if you do them expect to be banned' note alongside would be fine but... ymmv).

I'm not just randomly throwing this out there I have some experience in dealing with IT issues and the management of customer expectations and there is very rarely a situation where more communication is a bad thing. So maybe you can consider this and whether this annoying incident is an opportunity to make some improvements in how we all communicate.

well said!!
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic news from Miss Gina. Very much appreciated to have a bit more information as to what to expect going forward with some of the housing issues.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update, Gina.

I can only assume this has been hectic for you as well. While we shouldn't ignore how terribly Zenimax decided to handle this, waiting 20 days and giving us several conflicting statements that didn't address the problem, it's good to know this is officially being addressed.

Out of curiosity, why were we being told the boulder was intentional and wouldn't be reverted? Was this just bad info or was this actually the truth?
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Zaldan wrote: »
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    I always thought that public image was supposed to be important to companies these days?

I guess not.

only when it affects profit enough, until then it's full $team ahead

More likely their legal department got involved. Although, it's possible that some of the posters are whales.

I don't think their legal dept scare easily, $500 million says they don't ;)

There is a clear difference when consumers are involved. There is no corporate protection agency.... and between sophisticated parties, puffery can extend all the way until it becomes fraud.

You also can't count your $ until the appeal is decided.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow well done guys thank you so much for sorting this ❤️
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...and while you're in there working on code for housing...any chance we can get https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330120/gimme-a-light-switch-for-my-house#latest
    too?
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if we could demonstrate some of the other invisible walls within the Cavern, so at least the design team is aware when they are next in there to do these changes. With any luck they may be able to adjust those too, so there would be no more invisible wall issues.

I know of many around the mid to high ceiling area. I wanted to demonstrate this via a video, and made a request for help here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356297/earthtear-cavern-ps4-need-help-to-demonstrate-invisible-walls#latest

But if someone else who still has item count available could demonstrate where these are, this would make it clearer for the ZOS design team so they could take a look.

I know that there is one huge invisible wall, about 30-40 ft lower than the ceiling itself, which means so many building opportunities are lost to create secret areas, hidden rooms of our own etc.

Raising the invisible wall in the ceiling to the ACTUAL solid ceiling would be great, or even just below it. This would allow us to create all sorts of towers, rooms, and walkways in the flow of the natural structure of the ceiling. So far it has been impossible to do that.

If I am unable to make the video... could someone else?

EDIT: Typos
    Edited by MacCait on June 29, 2017 7:10PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    It would be great if we could demonstrate some of the other invisible walls within the Cavern, so at least the design team is aware when they are next in there to do these changes. With any luck they may be able to adjust those too, so there would be no more invisible wall issues.

I know of many around the mid to high ceiling area. I wanted to demonstrate this via a video, and made a request for help here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356297/earthtear-cavern-ps4-need-help-to-demonstrate-invisible-walls#latest

But if someone else who still has item count available could demonstrate where these are, this would make it clearer for the ZOS design team so they could take a look.

I know that there is one huge invisible wall, about 30-40 ft lower than the ceiling itself, which means so many building opportunities are lost to create secret areas, hidden rooms of our own etc.

Raising the invisible wall in the ceiling to the ACTUAL solid ceiling would be great, or even just below it. This would allow us to create all sorts of towers, rooms, and walkways in the flow of the natural structure of the ceiling. So far it has been impossible to do that.

If I am unable to make the video... could someone else?

EDIT: Typos

yes!! there is not reason for invisible walls being in the housing!!!
  • Dayth
    Dayth
    ✭✭✭

Awesome, thanks for deciding to deal with this.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for listening, Gina, and, indeed, the whole ZOS team. Much appreciated!

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Thanks for the detailed update, Gina. It's nice to see that these issues aren't being hand-waved away.
    Hunding’s Palatial Hall, starfish and seaweed – We are working on restoring the beach debris. If for some reason we are unable to do this, we will look into adding them as furnishings, which will be free in the store for a period of time so you can decorate your own shoreline.
    This sounds good, although it would be best if the debris didn't have to count against our furnishing limit. (Hint, hint.)
    yes, exactly this what came to my mind, that if it would be as furnishings, then it would take up the limit, which is pretty low btw....so better if you would restore it to the state as it was before the bug happened
    Agreed. If it's possible for them to be added to the game as furnishings, then it should also be possible for ZOS devs to place them in-world as static items. Even if they're not in the same places they were in before. I'd rather have un-movable beach clutter than have to place my own which counts against my furnishings.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I just discovered another CHANGE in the Cavern...this one is REALLLY ODD... It's a single floating rock!!

At first I thought it was one of mine, but then realised I don't have a rock like this. Still, I tried to retrieve it via tab, but searching through everything, it's not placed by me. It's placed by someone at ZOS.

Very strange. It serves no purpose and is just a little annoying. I thought I'd add it here so it can be removed in time. Obviously it must have been placed there by mistake when making recent (unwanted) changes to the Cavern.

INgZsjb.jpg

You can stand on it, as its floating just below the surface in deep water!

CMaYULt.jpg

z2vcXiZ.jpg

X69fWYP.jpg

Here is where it is on the map:

4Q0YTST.jpg

Ew2D4AM.jpg

This is the one!!

Stop with the floating rock. It was there on PTS, it's been there since launch. It's NOT new. It doesn't impede anything. I'd rather they focus on removing the new boulders than a silly little rock that's always been there.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭

Not sure what's up with all the white knight ZOS defenders but.......
    1) Earthtear Cavern --the rocks are being removed so I must assume they corrected the bug/glitch that allowed players to gain access to areas unintended...Why wasn't this done in the first place and still no excuse for not telling us for 4 weeks !!!!!

2)Hunding’s Palatial Hall ---so if you can't get the seaweed and seashells back they will be available in the CROWN STORE?? sure they will be free for those of us who have this property for " a period of time", but new people buying the property can BUY them?? Something sounds 'fishy here' ( I know bad pun) . Once again, what is so hard about putting them back or at the very least TELLING us about it beforehand !

And for those of you saying " please , everyone makes mistakes", I agree but ZOS's track record of undocumented changes m'mistakenly' going live goes back to 2014 !!

Seriously though, I love this game despite its flaws but something about these explanations smells and I'm not buying them !!
    Edited by Zolron on June 29, 2017 11:17PM
  • GreatGildersleeve
    GreatGildersleeve
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, no word on Stay Moist and the missing posts and ruins?
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And this is the whole point about comms - here is someone who has reason to believe their bug is related but no way at all to check short of restarting the whole thing where a bug list would allow them to check and know...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PocketNova wrote: »
    [Stop with the floating rock. It was there on PTS, it's been there since launch. It's NOT new. It doesn't impede anything. I'd rather they focus on removing the new boulders than a silly little rock that's always been there.

Stop with the dramatic.

I've never seen it before Morrowind Patch. But either way, it's really not an 'either, or' situation is it!

Do you honestly think they'll say, 'oh sorry guys, we spent too much time removing the floating rock to get to the other boulders and invisible walls'!

If they are taking the time to sort the other rocks and invisible walls, it takes just 2 seconds to remove a single floating rock that serves no purpose and was never meant to be there, so why not remove it? It's one click of a button!
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Stop with the floating rock. It was there on PTS, it's been there since launch. It's NOT new. It doesn't impede anything. I'd rather they focus on removing the new boulders than a silly little rock that's always been there.

Stop with the dramatic.

I've never seen it before Morrowind Patch. But either way, it's really not an 'either, or' situation is it!

Do you honestly think they'll say, 'oh sorry guys, we spent too much time removing the floating rock to get to the other boulders and invisible walls'!

If they are taking the time to sort the other rocks and invisible walls, it takes just 2 seconds to remove a single floating rock that serves no purpose and was never meant to be there, so why not remove it? It's one click of a button!

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else doesn't. I personally like to think it was a little rock that fell into the water when the cave was being constructed as a house. I like it and hope it doesn't get removed.

It's a little rock, stick a tree on it if you don't like it that much.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stop with the dramatic.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else doesn't. I personally like to think it was a little rock that fell into the water when the cave was being constructed as a house. I like it and hope it doesn't get removed.

Ok, I'm pretty sure your just Trolling here, especially as this is the first you are now saying you like it.

The fact you are saying stick a tree on it makes me think you do not even own the Cavern and are not familuar with the rock. It is floating halfway in the water, halfway between the surface and halfway to the bottom. It is not floating on the surface, and it is nowhere near the bottom bed of the lake, just floating in suspended animation.

The rock was not there before Morrowind! Having a single rock floating half way in the water is just stupid. It is quite obviously not part of any self respecting artists design, and is quite obviously not intentional.

If the majority of owners now really want it to stay, then fair enough... but it should at least sink to the bottom like a REAL rock.

I've answered you, but I'm not continuing this conversation any further as I'm pretty sure you're just bored and trolling.
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭

Stop with the dramatic.

Ok, I'm pretty sure your just Trolling here, especially as this is the first you are now saying you like it.

The fact you are saying stick a tree on it makes me think you do not even own the Cavern and are not familuar with the rock. It is floating halfway in the water, halfway between the surface and halfway to the bottom. It is not floating on the surface, and it is nowhere near the bottom bed of the lake, just floating in suspended animation.

The rock was not there before Morrowind! Having a single rock floating half way in the water is just stupid. It is quite obviously not part of any self respecting artists design, and is quite obviously not intentional.

If the majority of owners now really want it to stay, then fair enough... but it should at least sink to the bottom like a REAL rock.

I've answered you, but I'm not continuing this conversation any further as I'm pretty sure you're just bored and trolling.

I disagree with you about a rock and you say I don't own something I do and I'm trolling. Wow.

I own the cave and bought it before Morrowind was released. I know the rock was there, I even showed friends so there are other's I know who came to my cave and looked at the rock. It is hard to miss, especially if you're not right there and looking directly down so I can see how you never came across it.

Intentional or not, it's there and I'd rather it stay there. The last thing the cave needs is more things been taken away. You can call me a troll all you want, we just disagree about a rock.
    Edited by PocketNova on July 1, 2017 1:13AM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok everyone, regarding the changes made to Earthtear Cavern, this was actually an intentional change in order to prevent an issue where you could access an unplayable area outside of the home. As such, we will not be reverting this change since it was done to fix an issue. These changes went live sooner than we expected, which is why there wasn't a documented patch note for it; we apologize for the confusion this caused.

This is an unacceptable response.

Why not use an invisible wall instead of rocks?
    You just pissed off all the people who spent 16k crowns.
    From start to finish, this entire situation has been handled in a very unprofessional manner.

You need to make this right.

Lasertooth
    GM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity
    Xbox/NA
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »
    Ok everyone, regarding the changes made to Earthtear Cavern, this was actually an intentional change in order to prevent an issue where you could access an unplayable area outside of the home. As such, we will not be reverting this change since it was done to fix an issue. These changes went live sooner than we expected, which is why there wasn't a documented patch note for it; we apologize for the confusion this caused.

This is an unacceptable response.

Why not use an invisible wall instead of rocks?
    You just pissed off all the people who spent 16k crowns.
    From start to finish, this entire situation has been handled in a very unprofessional manner.

You need to make this right.

I believe they already did.

->--Willow--<-
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nvm
    Edited by Koensol on June 30, 2017 6:37AM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for chasing down answers Gina:)

Any chance of finding out about the missing posts and ruined walls at Stay-Moist Manor?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Ah, yes. We will be returning the stone walls and posts that were there previously.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Urkraft
    Urkraft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, yes. We will be returning the stone walls and posts that were there previously.

awesome :)
This discussion has been closed.