Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buoyant Armiger Motifs being gotten?

johnnified
johnnified
✭✭✭
I completed Vivec's Storyline because in a livestream they said you would have a better chance at getting the motifs from locked chests.

300 chests farming later and no Motif. I even counted them too.

149 Simple, 101 intermediate, 37 advanced, and 13 master chests. Not one single motif yet.

Is it broken, or am I just getting really bad luck?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're found most often in Advanced and Master chests (see the patch notes) ... so that's your sample size.

Admittedly, no motifs in 50 chests is still either pretty bad luck or broken.

I have not found any motifs myself. Maybe another "luckier" player can confirm they've found a motif and post a confirmation in the thread.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got the leg motif page from an intermediate chest near Sadrith Mora. Haven't completed the main quest yet but 16/32 on the achievement.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have opened about 30 chests, found 1 in an advanced chest (i have the TH passive so advanced chests are practically master chests anyway). I was only 1-2 quests into the Vivec quest line when i got it.
    Edited by Synfaer on May 29, 2017 7:15AM
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, finally got my first one from a simple chest.

Simple....

If patch notes say advanced and masters chests only, they broke it.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got 1 from a chest on a toon that had at the time almost no quests done at all
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnnified wrote: »
    Okay, finally got my first one from a simple chest.

Simple....

If patch notes say advanced and masters chests only, they broke it.

From patch notes;

Show up "More often" in higher quality chests....

If you have the treasure hunter passive unlocked in the green CP tree all overland chests except master chests are improved by one level (eg simple chest loot table become intermediate chests loot table, intermediate chests loot tables = advanced chest loot table etc...). Master chests don't improve.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While i run the Vivec and Aldruhn dailies i also zigzag through chests along the road. While i get one or two pages of Morag Tong or Ashlander, not a single Buoyant has dropped.

I also made a special run just looting chests for few hours (i have located the chests already in PTS) - nothing. The drop rate must be way, way below one percent. I think i've looted maybe 300 chests total. I probably get the motifs from dailies complete this week and i already have purchased Militant from BG players. With that effort i expected to be halfway collecting the Buoyant too. This all leads me to ignore that motif like i am ignoring everything else with crap RNG.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found the helmets in an advanced chest before I actually started doing the main quest. Just met that sparkly mate. After that... nothing. Finished the main quest days ago but I am getting only trash out of the chests.
    PC EU
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found 2 shield motifs, both in intermediate chests (with Treasure Hunter) so far.
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    Treasure Hunter, 'Saviour of Morrowind', 500+ chests, dozens of master chests, zero motifs.

'Rare' is an understatement. Feels like they made it an order of magnitude impossible to find.
    Edited by Code2501 on June 4, 2017 1:56PM
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    Code2501 wrote: »
    Treasure Hunter, 'Saviour of Morrowind', 500+ chests, dozens of master chests, zero motifs.

'Rare' is an understatement. Feels like they made it an order of magnitude impossible to find.

My experience is much the same as this 300+ chests opened plus over 20 treasure maps used for zero motif thus far, the drop rate does seem to be a smidge on the extremely low side. Oh and I have done the quest lines and have all but fishing achievements done plus a few ashlander daily quests to do.
    I don't expect to have things handed to me but with so many chests opened I would have expected 1 or 2 motif pieces by now.
    Edited by lostcloud on June 5, 2017 11:33AM
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • PaigeEvenstar
    PaigeEvenstar
    ✭✭
    i think they're more rare then draugr,...
    completed all achievs, have TH and opened a fair few chests, no motif tho.
    although must mention i seem to be "lucky" with war maiden rings, currently have 11 of those >.<
    ~No matter how fast the light thinks it is going, on arrival it always finds the darkness has gotten there first.~
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like my single motif page I found early was my quota for the year...
    Since then I have farmed t-chests for about 10 hours over 5 days for zero motif pages.
    I have completed the Vivec quest line and all other side quests, I have the 'Treasure Hunter' CP perk and over that 10 hour period have opened about 300+ chests...for ZERO motif pages.

Seriously ZOS this is a joke.

The Ashlander motif drop rate is also driving me insane. One motif from about 30 daily quests...really?

Honestly, I don't think I am being too cynical when I say that these drops rates are geared to get us to buy them from the crown store. What other reason would they have to subject customers to this level of frustration.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think they're more rare then draugr,...
    completed all achievs, have TH and opened a fair few chests, no motif tho.
    although must mention i seem to be "lucky" with war maiden rings, currently have 11 of those >.<

Strangely, I seem too to have an enormous collection of 'War Maiden' rings. I even got 4 in a row yesterday, exact same contents in four Ashlander daily boxes.
    It should be the 'Strategic Number Generator', since some of the peculiarities it produces seem a bit contrived.
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    Another 50+ chests opened today with no motif drop, I am seeing the style material volcanic viridian drop from time to time, is it possible the drop table is addled in some way.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »

The Ashlander motif drop rate is also driving me insane. One motif from about 30 daily quests...really?

Done with Ashlander collection, here, but have six (6) more Morag Tong chapters to find ... a testament to RNG between players.
  • Bagatur
    Bagatur
    ✭✭✭
    Did 18 WB quests today, not a single MT page. I'm starting to hate this place for real.

P.S. Made it to 24 total Hall of Justice quests with not a single page drop. GG, ZOS, best trolling DLC ever.
    Edited by Bagatur on June 7, 2017 12:32AM
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lostcloud wrote: »
    Another 50+ chests opened today with no motif drop, I am seeing the style material volcanic viridian drop from time to time, is it possible the drop table is addled in some way.

Not only possible but highly likely.
    Would not be the first time drop rates for sought after items have erred on the side of non-existant.
    Very strange that this "seems" to happen a lot with "desirable" items or items with competition from the crown store....
    Edited by Synfaer on June 7, 2017 4:13AM
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - Hi Gina, Can we get a comment from the devs or the person who has knowledge of motif drops concerning Buoyant Armiger style? As it has been noticed by many that the drop rates are really abysmal. vMA sharp weapon drop rates are better than this as it seems to me :p . And even if the motif drop is bugged or something, please let us know so that we don't waste time chasing them but rather wait for the fix.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, a reply from one of the ZOS Staff would be nice. My Chest count has reaches close to 600+ with only one motif dropped.

Also, for an added useless point:

Lord Vivec flaunts his power and helps his people. He isn't Almalexia that hoards her power away....

So why are you hoarding all these motifs away :neutral:
    Edited by johnnified on June 7, 2017 9:18AM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motif farming is supposed to be fun... this is brutal. The drop rate is abysmal. Hundreds of chests and yet hardly ANY motifs for buoyant armiger yet to be found. This needs adressed.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's been my experience as well. I quit counting after about 400 but am probably nearing a thousand and still not a single one. Haven't even run across a single painting either from chests in Morrowind. Disappointed would be an understatement.

Open world farming is/was one of the few things I still really enjoyed about ESO. Guess not anymore.
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »

That's been my experience as well. I quit counting after about 400 but am probably nearing a thousand and still not a single one. Haven't even run across a single painting either from chests in Morrowind. Disappointed would be an understatement.

Open world farming is/was one of the few things I still really enjoyed about ESO. Guess not anymore.

I have gotten paintings, just not much.

WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO US ZOS?
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭
    Still going on strong with chests, 0 motifs.

ZOS, check my chest gathering history. You will see how many I have gotten and the 0 amount of motifs received.
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    yet there are new Buoyant Armiger motifs being listed on guild traders everyday, if you check the major trading hubs. My guess is to work on making money and buy them, instead of grinding them with pain and whines
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh this is like flash backs to Wrothgar farming for motifs. Why are like outlaw and assassins league so easy compared to these?!
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭
    yet there are new Buoyant Armiger motifs being listed on guild traders everyday, if you check the major trading hubs. My guess is to work on making money and buy them, instead of grinding them with pain and whines

Have you seen how small the listings are? 3 Bows, 2 Swords, 0 Chests, 0 gloves, 0 Boots, 2 mace, 2 helm...

Out of a playerbase of almost 1 million (and 100k online at once).

Not much of a counter argument.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - Hi Gina, Can we get a comment from the devs or the person who has knowledge of motif drops concerning Buoyant Armiger style? As it has been noticed by many that the drop rates are really abysmal. vMA sharp weapon drop rates are better than this as it seems to me :p . And even if the motif drop is bugged or something, please let us know so that we don't waste time chasing them but rather wait for the fix.

Would also be great to know what exactly supposedly increases the drop chance.
    Quests completed most likely, but does the drop chance increase gradually with more quests, or is it somehow tied to achievements? If so, which ones?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped caring for motifs when they started breaking those up into pages. Forcing unreal grind upon players is not going to keep them doing dailies over and over. At least in my case.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read that completing the main storyline AND the museum quest line increase the drop rate chances. Idk what the museum quest line is though... I believe it is "the lost library" quest. You unlock that quest by collecting the 30 relics scattered across vvardenfell. There are maps for these relics online and you will need 30 open inventory spaces.

The final reward for that quest gives you a 3D model of vvardenfell to put in your house.
    Edited by Hutch679 on June 9, 2017 2:47PM