The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Minimap compatible with 3.0.5.1

Ostaradoe
Ostaradoe
✭✭✭
Hello all

I was previously using a minimap alongside lorebooks, skyshards, crafting stations and questmap. They are no longer working after today's update which I assume means there will be an add on update at some time but in the meantime, is anyone using using a minimap that is still working with the above (lorebooks etc)? Thank you :)

PS I have looked at all settings and anything you can suggest I try within the game menus has already been tried :)
  • lexo1000
    lexo1000
    ✭✭
    Votan's Mini Map working just fine
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lexo1000 wrote: »

This here.

Also have you ticked the "allow out of date addons" box in the Addons screen on character select? Just making sure.
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    lexo1000 wrote: »

This here.

Also have you ticked the "allow out of date addons" box in the Addons screen on character select? Just making sure.

Not sure if they did but I didn't and your helpful suggestion got some of mine up and running!! The most important one being the font increase one, so THANKS!!!!!
  • Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, I have made sure 'allow out of date add on' is ticked and all other non-map add ons are working fine. I have also tried Votans Mini Map and yes it works as a mini map, but the other add ons (skyshards etc) don't work with it (if they did before update they are not working, for me atleast)

I just want to know if anyone has a similar add-on set up for their mini map that is working since update :)
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using MiniMap by Fyrakin...initially it was not displaying, but the author quickly put instructions on the ESOUI.COM site, to comment out a specific unused section of the Minimap.lua file, and it resolved the issue. Working fine now for me...

if anyone needs the specifics, they're in the addon's comments section:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info605-MiniMapbyFyrakin.html

• Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    I'm using MiniMap by Fyrakin...initially it was not displaying, but the author quickly put instructions on the ESOUI.COM site, to comment out a specific unused section of the Minimap.lua file, and it resolved the issue. Working fine now for me...

Ah that's fantastic, thank you :)
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for this! This way I got my beloved Minimap back! :)

• Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't the author that gave instructions on how to fix it. The instructions did help me get it working though. I think the addon is basically no longer being updated. The last update was in October of 2016. The author stated at the end of March 2017:
    I may return at some point to do some updates, but at this moment I have zero motivation to do it.
    It may be best to look for an alternative at this point, unless Fyrakin does decide to update it. It really is the best minimap out imo.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice. going to delete some code in there as well as i like that mini map.

anyway, another solution would be using the AUI mini map (all other modules can be turned off)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Balgost
    Balgost
    ✭✭✭

As usual those comment sections get jumbled for the true solution as other problems are introduced into the thread. Here's the lowdown on fixing the minimap:

First, backup the file being altered.

Edit "minimap.lua" in /Users/{username}/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/MiniMap
    (open with Notepad)

delete lines 123 - 133...they look like this:

local AVA_OBJECTIVE_PINS_WITH_ARROWS =
    {
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_FLAG_ALDMERI_DOMINION] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_FLAG_EBONHEART_PACT] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_FLAG_DAGGERFALL_COVENANT] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_FLAG_NEUTRAL] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_BALL_ALDMERI_DOMINION] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_BALL_EBONHEART_PACT] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_BALL_DAGGERFALL_COVENANT] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_BALL_NEUTRAL] = true,
    }

in Notepad click File/Save

open the game and the minimap should be working.

• Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ This does work and I now have mini map back, thanks!

Need to wait for skyshards and lorebooks etc to be updated before getting them back but I will post here when they have been for others with same issue :)
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Ostaradoe wrote: »
    Need to wait for skyshards and lorebooks etc to be updated before getting them back but I will post here when they have been for others with same issue :)
    I use both Lorebooks and Skyshards and have not received any errors pertaining to either one. They both appear to be working fine on my system. They probably don't have any data for Vvardenfell, but they otherwise seem to work fine.
  • Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't expect them to work in Vvardenfell yet but they are not working on my existing characters in established areas either - I'll have another look :)
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just switched to Votan's. It seems to work about the same. If you can't get the other one going after a couple minutes, just switch and get back to fun stuff.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    AUI has now been updated for Morrowind and is working perfectly, all other area maps are again populated with skyshards etc (if you use those add ons) so it's just waiting for them to be data mined for Vvardenfell :)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As usual those comment sections get jumbled for the true solution as other problems are introduced into the thread. Here's the lowdown on fixing the minimap:

First, backup the file being altered.

Edit "minimap.lua" in /Users/{username}/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/MiniMap
    (open with Notepad)

delete lines 123 - 133...they look like this:

local AVA_OBJECTIVE_PINS_WITH_ARROWS =
    {
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_FLAG_ALDMERI_DOMINION] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_FLAG_EBONHEART_PACT] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_FLAG_DAGGERFALL_COVENANT] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_FLAG_NEUTRAL] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_BALL_ALDMERI_DOMINION] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_BALL_EBONHEART_PACT] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_BALL_DAGGERFALL_COVENANT] = true,
    [MAP_PIN_TYPE_BALL_NEUTRAL] = true,
    }

in Notepad click File/Save

open the game and the minimap should be working.

Thanks for this. :) I have no sense of direction (and it's even worse in games) so I can't play without a mini map, it's been driving me nuts trying to manage the last few days.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ignotus wrote: »
    It wasn't the author that gave instructions on how to fix it. The instructions did help me get it working though. I think the addon is basically no longer being updated. The last update was in October of 2016. The author stated at the end of March 2017:
    I may return at some point to do some updates, but at this moment I have zero motivation to do it.
    It may be best to look for an alternative at this point, unless Fyrakin does decide to update it. It really is the best minimap out imo.

i stand corrected, I didn't realize it wasn't the author...but at any rate, the fix worked for me. and BTW, I like it best for minimap as well