The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I don't give a skeevers arse about pvp

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    then what cp would you have made instead of it? something that benefits both and doesnt have anything to do with damage or resistance?

Yes, or something that has a different function in PvP and PvE.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the change to Magician was poorly thought out, should have been useful in both PvE and PvP.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will still be able to have infinite sustain in pvp. I play Azura and im fine, as are my guildies. Its mostly about endgame pve where you did max damage till now without having to worry about sustain at all, which is totally Wrong, you shouldn't be able to sustain max dps. Its not balanced.

But these nerfs affect everyone even those that aren't doing endgame. Its going to be harder for a level 10 than the day before. Why? Because apparently he wasn't paying enough attention to his resources. That's a silly nerf in my opinion. If endgame is where the problem is, then its where the nerfs should be targeted. Not all characters. That's what's not balanced. Even if you use a higher characters CP, there are some things that take trial and error to accomplish only now its more difficult. All so some endgame people get a challenge? Way to turn the community on itself, ZOS. That should pay off big time.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain nerfs will hit the lower skilled players the most I believe
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    So why should pvp affect my pve? L2 balance the two seperately zos...
    I totally agree with you.

Look at this:
    NB Teleport Strike skill:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Teleport+Strike
    If the target is a player, they are briefly snared instead of stunned.

It has different affect on Players and different on NPCs / Mobs. As far as I know there are only 2 -3 skill in the entire game that have such a feature...

ZOS has proven us that it is possible to balance skills separately for PvP / PvE
    So why ZOS won't simply balance all skill and add description like this ? ? ?
    I don't know... it is just weird... :o
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at this:

It has different affect on Players and different on NPCs / Mobs. As far as I know there are only 2 -3 skill in the entire game that have such a feature...

ZOS has proven us that it is possible to balance skills separately for PvP / PvE

They can also balance sets seprately in pve, one of the new sets listed in the pts forum affects only players max health... why can't something similar be done to future sets
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at this:

They can also balance sets seprately in pve, one of the new sets listed in the pts forum affects only players max health... why can't something similar be done to future sets

Yes please.
    Then pve players cant whine anymore when things get changed cos of pve and stay The same in pvp
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Look at this:

Yes please.
    Then pve players cant whine anymore when things get changed cos of pve and stay The same in pvp

It wouldn't mean that, you must be confused...it would mean PVPers whining about every single time they get killed by someone and cry for nerfs would end up only affecting other PVPers, and the PVE players wouldn't get their game wrecked by PVP whining.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »

Look at this:

Yes please.

It wouldn't mean that, you must be confused...it would mean PVPers whining about every single time they get killed by someone and cry for nerfs would end up only affecting other PVPers, and the PVE players wouldn't get their game wrecked by PVP whining.

It's people like you that step into Cyrodiil only able to do pve, getting killed and thne crying in Forums about nerfs.

And in the history of the game there are far more changes done to classes and skills for pve than for pvp
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Look at this:

Yes please.

It's people like you that step into Cyrodiil only able to do pve, getting killed and thne crying in Forums about nerfs.

No it isn't, it's people like you getting killed and whining endlessly about every single tiny thing, much like what is happening here. That stuff doesn't bother me at all, swing and a miss.
    Edited by Betheny on May 4, 2017 12:28AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at this:

Yes please.

And in the history of the game there are far more changes done to classes and skills for pve than for pvp

Holy LOL! Pvpers are the reasons for the majority of nerfs
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 4, 2017 12:30AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at this:

Yes please.

No it isn't, it's people like you getting killed and whining endlessly about every single tiny thing, much like what is happening here. That stuff doesn't bother me at all, swing and a miss.

I agree "omg shield stacking mag sorcs I cannot burst in a few secs!" Monsters can't complain about shields. "Omg proc secs overperforming in pvp" crit in pve nerfed. "Omg infinite sustain unkillable builds in cp campaigns" instead of moving to azuras where that's less of a problem sustain gets nerfed across the board
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 4, 2017 12:33AM
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Look at this:

Yes please.

I agree "omg shield stacking mag sorcs I cannot burst in a few secs!" Monsters can't complain about shields. "Omg proc secs overperforming in pvp" crit in pve nerfed. "Omg infinite sustain unkillable builds in cp campaigns" instead of moving to azuras where that's less of a problem sustain gets nerfed across the board

This is exactly what has happened.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    In general, those that hate pvp suck at it.

A good pvp player can do all pve content.
    A good pve player does not always make a good pvp'er

*laughs*

You people, always so confrontational and aggressive.

I think the game would be better off without PVP and all the PVPers, things could get back to progression again, which RPG games are actually supposed to be about.

Begone wretches.

Just stating my opinion. Not confrontational or aggressive in the slightest.

You talk of progression, what about many of us who cannot progress anymore and are at endgame?

Blame the devs for not making enough game for you, then go play another game like any sane person would.

Im not the one complaining! Im not kicking off about PVE because i PVP. If you dont like the changes, i suggest it is you that goes and plays another game.

PVE is faceroll easy, its silly. PVP is real endgame in any part of gaming.

You are the one monopolizing the game for one half, and PVP allways has.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general, those that hate pvp suck at it.

A good pvp player can do all pve content.
    A good pve player does not always make a good pvp'er

*laughs*

You people, always so confrontational and aggressive.

I think the game would be better off without PVP and all the PVPers, things could get back to progression again, which RPG games are actually supposed to be about.

Begone wretches.

Just stating my opinion. Not confrontational or aggressive in the slightest.

You talk of progression, what about many of us who cannot progress anymore and are at endgame?

Blame the devs for not making enough game for you, then go play another game like any sane person would.

Im not the one complaining! Im not kicking off about PVE because i PVP. If you dont like the changes, i suggest it is you that goes and plays another game.

PVE is faceroll easy, its silly. PVP is real endgame in any part of gaming.

You are the one monopolizing the game for one half, and PVP allways has.

Yeah pvp has with all that pvp content it has had in 3 years.

Oh wait, the only thing it has got in Imperial city which was basically a small pve dlc with pvp enabled.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People just flat out lie. I do not believe one bit that a few months ago a bunch of creatures got loose on the forums complaining about nightblade ganking. It just didn't happen.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at this:

Yes please.

1st i never cried for neef
    2nd i dont die in pvp :wink:
    3rd:
    Shield were overperforming, in pvp and pve. Mag sorc ruled Msa, Why do you think it got small nerfs cos of it over and over again. The changes can be blamed in equal parts to pvp and pve. What hints at even more for a PvE nerf is that most pvpers called for shields to be Not stackable and critable, and Not a shortened duration.

PvE has more Problems with infinite sustain than pvp. In what balanced game should you be able to sustain max damage Builds? The fact that ZOS is nerfing things like spear and Necrotic orbs(which are rarely used in pvp) to give less sustain, proves that its a PvE change to sustain

Proc Sets got nerfed cos they were stupid OP in pve and pve. Msa runs with Viper were even easier than with a sorc and shields. Monster proc helmets were Too strong Too, or Why is grothdar and illambris still better than kena in pve?
    Viper was a crouch people used for Not having to l2p

Trap beast got nerfed purely for pve.

Spear shards were purely nerfed for pve

Regen while blocking was nerfed cos of pve, zos didnt want them to sustain infinte blocking tanks in dungeons and trials. (you see a similarity between The changes now?)

4th: im playing pve 90% of my time. I did all trials and arenas. And still think The changes are dont cos pve is overperforming
    Edited by laksikus on May 4, 2017 10:38AM
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at this:

Yes please.

1st i never cried for neef
    2nd i dont die in pvp :wink:
    3rd:
    Shield were overperforming, in pvp and pve. Mag sorc ruled Msa, Why do you think it got small nerfs cos of it over and over again. The changes can be blamed in equal parts to pvp and pve. What hints at even more for a PvE nerf is that most pvpers called for shields to be Not stackable and critable, and Not a shortened duration.

PvE has more Problems with infinite sustain than pvp. In what balanced game should you be able to sustain max damage Builds? The fact that ZOS is nerfing things like spear and Necrotic orbs(which are rarely used in pvp) to give less sustain, proves that its a PvE change to sustain

Proc Sets got nerfed cos they were stupid OP in pve and pve. Msa runs with Viper were even easier than with a sorc and shields. Monster proc helmets were Too strong Too, or Why is grothdar and illambris still better than kena in pve?
    Viper was a crouch people used for Not having to l2p

Trap beast got nerfed purely for pve.

Spear shards were purely nerfed for pve

Regen while blocking was nerfed cos of pve, zos didnt want them to sustain infinte blocking tanks in dungeons and trials. (you see a similarity between The changes now?)

4th: im playing pve 90% of my time. I did all trials and arenas. And still think The changes are dont cos pve is overperforming

YES! Some sense at last.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should just do what Everquest 2 did and have each ability have two different values, one for PVP and one for PVE.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For example, an EQ2 Assassin's long cool-down Execute would deal 15k damage in PVE but only deal 5k damage when used in PVP against an enemy player.
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding two values to each ability seems like the best possible fix.

Other suggestions are too complicated or just wouldn't work
  • Shadow_Viper_vX
    Shadow_Viper_vX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because you don't care about PVP, doesn't meant that other be don't ;-)
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭

Too much work, I think. Remember, they are in for a profit.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always love these I hate something about ESO posts/thread. Just get the popcorn.. ha ha
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

I always love these I hate something about ESO posts/thread. Just get the popcorn.. ha ha

Cool
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, us PvP'ers have to PvE for gear and to level mages guild and fighter's guild so.... 1 day in cyrodiil zerg surfers for a skill or two in PvP lines if you want them vs. the eduring wrath of rngesus when you only use one zone in the game. I am unable to feel sympathy for your plight sir.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ks888 wrote: »
    Well, us PvP'ers have to PvE for gear and to level mages guild and fighter's guild so.... 1 day in cyrodiil zerg surfers for a skill or two in PvP lines if you want them vs. the eduring wrath of rngesus when you only use one zone in the game. I am unable to feel sympathy for your plight sir.

I'm unsure if that's directed at me but I don't mind doing pvp as I enjoy all aspects in the game, tho only pvp small scale so battlegrounds are more my thing... the thing I hate is how skills are nerfed because of pvp instead of making a skill do two different things in both gameplay
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm unsure if that's directed at me but I don't mind doing pvp as I enjoy all aspects in the game, tho only pvp small scale so battlegrounds are more my thing... the thing I hate is how skills are nerfed because of pvp instead of making a skill do two different things in both gameplay

Skills are nerfed because they are over performing, the rebalancing generally initiates from PvP because there are players on both sides of the equations, so it is easier to spot OPness.

The devs love people like you who blame PvP for nerfs instead of ZoS for not properly balancing skills with CP increases, new gear sets and mechanic changes.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about pve, soo....who cares.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

Skills are nerfed because they are over performing, the rebalancing generally initiates from PvP because there are players on both sides of the equations, so it is easier to spot OPness.

The devs love people like you who blame PvP for nerfs instead of ZoS for not properly balancing skills with CP increases, new gear sets and mechanic changes.

Idk man, I cant really say that the bosses were complaining about rolldodging to much or about my shield durations