The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I don't give a skeevers arse about pvp

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So why should pvp affect my pve? L2 balance the two seperately zos...
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TythisTriggered.jpg
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    TythisTriggered.jpg

Best triggered picture ever.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a troll's arse?
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

Zos thinks players have it too easy lol. Never mind that only 1% can complete vma, vdsa, vicp, vwgt, vcos, and vet trials. Never mind most over world bosses need groups to complete. Never mind most people post their miserable experiences on forums about how they can't complete vet dungeons using pug group finder. Only thing easy in pve is overland quests but that's do to battle leveling against solo content. Nope zos thinks you needs a nerf to do pve. Rather than introducing harder content like back in the docia days they want to nerf YOU!!!!!
    Edited by LegacyDM on April 29, 2017 8:40PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    s a m e
    #PVEvsPVPsegregation
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its the same game and i play both pve and pve. way should my skill not do the same when its the same skill..
    People are simply whining to much.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These threads are pointless because they ignore the fact PvE is broken and needs fixing because there is too much sustain. Tanks and healers aren't even necessary in a lot of vet dungeons which is an issue. Overland content is a complete joke as are normal and quite a few vet dungeons. The PvE in this game is mindlessly easy other than a few isolated spots.

The 1% who do absolute end game PvE will still be able to. Also, a lot of people PvP and PvE and don't think PvE is peachy like the OP.
    Edited by Zvorgin on April 29, 2017 8:55PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »

Its the same game and i play both pve and pve. way should my skill not do the same when its the same skill..

I too play a large mix of PvP and PVE, however there definitely needs to be some seperate balancing. Some things are fine to have in PVE, but can end up being overpowered in pvp, since there's obviously a big difference between the two.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full agree

#PVEvsPVPsegregation
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »
    These threads are pointless because they ignore the fact PvE is broken and needs fixing because there is too much sustain. Tanks and healers aren't even necessary in a lot of vet dungeons which is an issue. Overland content is a complete joke as are normal and quite a few vet dungeons. The PvE in this game is mindlessly easy other than a few isolated spots.

The 1% who do absolute end game PvE will still be able to. Also, a lot of people PvP and PvE and don't think PvE is peachy like the OP.

Try telling that to the pug groups struggling on a daily basis trying to get through vet dungeons. I'm sure your well oiled elite uber cp +700 guild mates can get through any vet dungeon with a yawn but for pugs and casuals this game is not easy mode.

Rather than nerfing the players just adjust the content or introduce harder content. Buff the content not nerf the players. I liked my armor sets, cp allocation, skills, rotation, and etc. when they do these stupid nerfs now we all have to start from scratch.

They keep moving the goal posts and changing the baselines. It's insulting, infuriating, and frustrating. Rather than lower the baseline just increase the difficulty!

I developed a play style that was fun. Nerfing it makes me want to quit. Forcing more micromanagement makes me want to quit.
    Edited by LegacyDM on April 29, 2017 9:16PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »

Some skills already do different things in pvp than pve. In most cases, they'll stun an npc but will snare a pc, i.e. Ambush.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

Try telling that to the pug groups struggling on a daily basis trying to get through vet dungeons. I'm sure your well oiled elite uber cp +700 guild mates can get through any vet dungeon with a yawn but for pugs and casuals this game is not easy mode.

Rather than nerfing the players just adjust the content or introduce harder content. Buff the content not nerf the players. I liked my armor sets, cp allocation, skills, rotation, and etc. when they do these stupid nerfs now we all have to start from scratch.

They keep moving the goal posts and changing the baselines. It's insulting, infuriating, and frustrating. Rather than lower the baseline just increase the difficulty!

I developed a play style that was fun. Nerfing it makes me want to quit. Forcing more micromanagement makes me want to quit.

I'm not max CP not is anyone I play with and we only play about 7-10 hours a week each. I agree that the moving goal posts and nerfs aren't fun and get old (it's why I always use 1 crafted set in every build. I'm not grinding new gear every patch) but CP and One Tamriel broke PvE, not Zos balancing PvP. For instance, destro ult cuts through so many PvE areas but is completely OP and broken in Cyrodiil, as are proc sets which are great for making PvE mindlessly easy. If anything, PvP has been broken over and over again because of PvE and not the other way around. PvE content is too easy if you know anything about game mechanics, most pugs unfortunately do not because Zos are absolutely terrible and disseminating information.

They need to overhaul CP (for PvE and PvP as the power creep is ridiculous in both), stop changing core class skills and put more tiers into PvE content difficulty so there is more variable options for all skill types, then they need to modify group finder so players can do appropriate content. These are more realistic fixes to PvE than simply having people complain about PvP breaking PvE when that is not the case.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if it's viewed as obvious now, but I truly can't stand the impact PvP has had on PvE. And what upsets me further, is how the developers still refuse to acknowledge the fact that the 2 can't co-exist. They refuse to acknowledge that the game can't be balanced around the 2 mingling together, and won't go about separating them. I'm sick and tired of: Classes, skills, and races being nerfed due to them being viewed as "too strong" in a player versus player environment. It's getting old. And fast. Every single time I turn around, this and that is being hit, because it is "overperforming" in Cyrodiil.

It also doesn't help that on average, PvP houses more toxic players than PvE. Even though, PvP has a smaller crowd than that of PvE. I don't know if it's because of the competitive atmosphere or what, but it's just not an overall enjoyable experience. At least for me, and many others that I've spoken to about it.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 29, 2017 9:50PM
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone of you ungrateful rubes should be forced to play on a retro server pre craglorn and level to VR6.

Yes, you will have to pick your face up off the keyboard.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer would be the most triggered I agree.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not max CP not is anyone I play with and we only play about 7-10 hours a week each. I agree that the moving goal posts and nerfs aren't fun and get old (it's why I always use 1 crafted set in every build. I'm not grinding new gear every patch) but CP and One Tamriel broke PvE, not Zos balancing PvP. For instance, destro ult cuts through so many PvE areas but is completely OP and broken in Cyrodiil, as are proc sets which are great for making PvE mindlessly easy. If anything, PvP has been broken over and over again because of PvE and not the other way around. PvE content is too easy if you know anything about game mechanics, most pugs unfortunately do not because Zos are absolutely terrible and disseminating information.

They need to overhaul CP (for PvE and PvP as the power creep is ridiculous in both), stop changing core class skills and put more tiers into PvE content difficulty so there is more variable options for all skill types, then they need to modify group finder so players can do appropriate content. These are more realistic fixes to PvE than simply having people complain about PvP breaking PvE when that is not the case.

I agree with a lot of what you say. Not sure I agree that pvp is broken because of pve. No one ever complained about pve balance. Pvp balance was always screwed up from the early days of dks tanking in god mod to nbs one shoting, to mages having unlimited bolts, to infinite Templar healing. Cps compounded the problem and its always bled over to pve.

Indulge me. Do you have vdsa, vma, vicp, Vwgt, Vcos, and all the vet dungeons with scrolls read completed on hard mode? Have you successfully completed all the die hard achievements for said dungeons? E.g., no death runs, speed runs and etc.,? I don't see slot of people rocking the no death run cradle of shadows and mazz skins...do you run vet trials?

Yes overland content and dolmens are to easy. Thd solution isn't nerf the players. Make content more difficult. Adjust the battle leveling. Introduce harder to obtain achievements with actual rewards.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    Everyone of you ungrateful rubes should be forced to play on a retro server pre craglorn and level to VR6.

Yes, you will have to pick your face up off the keyboard.

I was here for the VR grind, it did indeed suck donkey balls.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Zos thinks players have it too easy lol. Never mind that only 1% can complete vma, vdsa, vicp, vwgt, vcos, and vet trials. Never mind most over world bosses need groups to complete. Never mind most people post their miserable experiences on forums about how they can't complete vet dungeons using pug group finder. Only thing easy in pve is overland quests but that's do to battle leveling against solo content. Nope zos thinks you needs a nerf to do pve. Rather than introducing harder content like back in the docia days they want to nerf YOU!!!!!

I think a lot more than 1% could complete all of that if they put in the effort. Like me. I think I could complete all of those if I set aside the time and worked with people in my guild. VMA appeals to me. The other stuff, less so. But if not for a baby, I would join trials groups.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people just can't get it through their skulls that even if PvP didn't exist these nerfs would be happening.
    But hey makes a another drama thread.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i'm going to assume you're talking about the nerfs to sustain. has it maybe occured to you that the nerfs to sustain are intended to balance pve as well?

no, of course it hasn't, because you're likely only concerned with what makes the game easier for you. these changes are a llong time coming, and quite frankly it's about time players will actually have to invest into their character's sustain in order to sustain well

i apologise if i'm making assumptions here, but you haven't specified what changes you're upset about so
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    i'm going to assume you're talking about the nerfs to sustain. has it maybe occured to you that the nerfs to sustain are intended to balance pve as well?

no, of course it hasn't, because you're likely only concerned with what makes the game easier for you. these changes are a llong time coming, and quite frankly it's about time players will actually have to invest into their character's sustain in order to sustain well

i apologise if i'm making assumptions here, but you haven't specified what changes you're upset about so

A lot of people just like to blame everything on the PvP crowd because.. why not I guess? Apparently just because there aren't quite as many of us PvPers we should get blamed for all nerfs, as well as that PVE should apparently always get priority over PvP (it already does, like, it's not even a comparison).

People also keep saying that the PvP crowd is too toxic. Firstly, that is only a half truth, and secondly, what does that have to do with balance in any way?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people just can't get it through their skulls that even if PvP didn't exist these nerfs would be happening.
    Ever since I've been playing, most nerfs happen because of PvP. PvE is already balanced pretty well.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't ask the mobs if they think PvE is balanced.
    They just stated on ESO live the nerfs were also for PvE.
    I am not saying they are going about this in the right way though, too much too fast.
    My PvP Templar certainly didn't ask to be castrated.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Ever since I've been playing, most nerfs happen because of PvP. PvE is already balanced pretty well.

Agreed. I can't really ever say that I've seen someone complain about this and that overperforming in a dungeon/trial setting, and making a "nerf thread" about it. Have I seen it in regards to PvP...? All the time. In fact, I saw 1 earlier.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course the word "nerf" gets thrown around in pvp typically more than PVE. When you're doing group content in PVE, you want your team to be as good as possible. Whereas in pvp, the imbalances are much more noticeable when certain classes and builds do way better than others overall. Do you guys not understand that?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Agreed. I can't really ever say that I've seen someone complain about this and that overperforming in a dungeon/trial setting, and making a "nerf thread" about it. Have I seen it in regards to PvP...? All the time. In fact, I saw 1 earlier.

Of course not, nobody complains about their "I Win" buttons in PvE except people that want a challange.
    This is an extremely poor argument.
    Edited by TequilaFire on April 29, 2017 11:02PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Of course the word "nerf" gets thrown around in pvp typically more than PVE. When you're doing group content in PVE, you want your team to be as good as possible. Whereas in pvp, the imbalances are much more noticeable when certain classes and builds do way better than others overall. Do you guys not understand that?
    Yes, we understand just fine. Don't care. They need to balance them separately, if it's possible for them to do it. It's impossible to balance PvP without screwing PvE up royally. They keep trying it, though. Since most players do PvE, they're messing up the games of the majority of their customers in an attempt to balance PvP.
    I mean, PvPers need love, too, but not at the expense of everybody else. The best compromise would be to find a way to balance them separately.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Yes, we understand just fine. Don't care. They need to balance them separately, if it's possible for them to do it. It's impossible to balance PvP without screwing PvE up royally. They keep trying it, though. Since most players do PvE, they're messing up the games of the majority of their customers in an attempt to balance PvP.
    I mean, PvPers need love, too, but not at the expense of everybody else. The best compromise would be to find a way to balance them separately.

I wasn't saying that they shouldn't be balanced seperately, in fact I agree with you completely. I was simply countering the people that keep complaining that PvP calls for more nerfs than PVE, since it should be obvious why anyway.
    Edited by Stovahkiin on April 29, 2017 11:11PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Of course not, nobody complains about their "I Win" buttons in PvE except people that want a challange.
    This is an extremely poor argument.

Pretty sure the no regen while blocking nerf was because of pve, zos felt like they wanted tanks to do more than literally hold block.

The shard nerf to its stun was because of pve as well, giving pve more dps at the expense of making the skill useless in pvp.

I'd say the beam nerf was more pve orientated than pvp. Pvp'er hated the range, the fact it goes through roll more than its dmg. Zos decided 70k ticks in pve was a tad OP.

Difference people don't see on this forum is exactly what you said, pve's won't complain about stuff being too OP, everyone likes the easy win buttons in Pve.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    These threads are pointless because they ignore the fact PvE is broken and needs fixing because there is too much sustain. <snip>

Too much sustain for who?
    Again we see the attempt to apply a situation to the entire PVE player base. So all PVE players have zero sustain problems? I have sustain issues on some of my characters. So do many people in the circle of friends I see.

This is the real issue: Why apply a game-wide nerf to all vet players when only some of those players have no sustain issues? Or perhaps I should ask this question instead: since this a game, and I (possibly along with some others) play this game for fun and relaxation, how are these changes going to improve my enjoyment of the game?
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+