Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why even bother with having a PTS

• darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    The devs have decided that is it, the point of PTS with morrowind is to iron out any bugs with the DLC and test battlegrounds They are not going to change their minds with the sustain nerf. saw a similar thing with Marvel heroes biggest update. the Devs basically lied to the end game PC community, that the changes were for them. The changes made were terrible and reduced build options ,made heroes weaker, changed the entire end game system, the content now takes ages to complete and is really boring. it was all really for a console version, that removed allot of what was good for the PC version.
    Edited by darkstar2084 on May 8, 2017 8:53AM
  • Moiskormoimi
    Moiskormoimi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rainteal wrote: »
    Starless06 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I understand that there may not be significant changes to DK before the release date. I assume the poster was asking about a mDK damage role. What does "(as it should be being a tank)" mean in regards to a damage dealer role?

Maybe you misunderstood the question?

I am sure that was the case. Unfortunately, people will quote this ad nauseam as PROOF that ZOS LIES!!! Blah Blah Blah

This right here is why ZOS doesn't regularly communicate in community discussion. This, is why we cannot have nice things...

How are you even going to blame this on the consumer's interpretation skills? 'Play your way' since day 1, then posts this? What's there to misinterpret here? The fault doesn't lie on anyone else but ZOS for this issue. Period.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainteal wrote: »
    Starless06 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I understand that there may not be significant changes to DK before the release date. I assume the poster was asking about a mDK damage role. What does "(as it should be being a tank)" mean in regards to a damage dealer role?

Maybe you misunderstood the question?

I am sure that was the case. Unfortunately, people will quote this ad nauseam as PROOF that ZOS LIES!!! Blah Blah Blah

This right here is why ZOS doesn't regularly communicate in community discussion. This, is why we cannot have nice things...

How are you even going to blame this on the consumer's interpretation skills? 'Play your way' since day 1, then posts this? What's there to misinterpret here? The fault doesn't lie on anyone else but ZOS for this issue. Period.

Just a reminder that it was pretty much decided years ago that "play your way" is not the same as "play optimally however you want". If you want to play Conan the Barbarian in ESO as a level 8 female wood-elf that only knows restoration staff, you can do that, but just don't expect to be running MA in record time. Extreme example to make the point. You can play in a variety of ways aligned with how you want to play, but that does not mean that what you are doing is the best way to play, and it certainly does not guarantee success.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Siekobilly_ESO
    Siekobilly_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that it was pretty much decided years ago that "play your way" is not the same as "play optimally however you want". If you want to play Conan the Barbarian in ESO as a level 8 female wood-elf that only knows restoration staff, you can do that, but just don't expect to be running MA in record time. Extreme example to make the point. You can play in a variety of ways aligned with how you want to play, but that does not mean that what you are doing is the best way to play, and it certainly does not guarantee success.
    This. Would it be nice if every build ever was viable? Sure. Is that realistic? No. I go through this in Diablo on a regular basis. I frequently make non-optimal builds because they strike me as entertaining. I know for a fact that I will not be pushing into GR90+ with them, but I'm okay with that. Temper your expectations, and realize that if you want to push end game you might have to just go with the most optimal option.
    Edited by Siekobilly_ESO on May 8, 2017 12:38PM
  • Banzai406
    Banzai406
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Third round of PTS. Devs (or rather, Gina) continues to reply in some threads that "yes, of course we are listening, you just need to be patient".

This is what happens each and every single time. You make some bullcr*p changes on the PTS, then try and calm everyone that it's only a PTS and things will change, then we see 4 cycles of useless, cosmetic PTS changes and the whole shebang goes live with some minor adjustments here and there, just to prove that you did indeed listen.

This week's PTS once again brought nothing to the table. A 10 % damage nerf to a single sorc ability, like that's going to solve jack squat. And nothing for DKs, nothing to make up for sh***ing all over our sustain, leaving us with an empty shell of a class. Nothing for all the people who can no longer participate in content like vMA and vMoL cause we're not part of the pro elite, and might have had a chance of doing that content only before this nerf-gate scandal.

So tell me, how long do I need to be patient? Until all this goes live and it's too late to change a thing? Until we have a new balance PTS patch half a year from now? It's not like we haven't been through this sharade and sham since Thief Guild update (and before that, though that's before my time).

Don't know why I even bother participating in this any more, you might as well just not bother having a PTS in the future seeing as you don't care a thing about the feedback given anyhow.

Stop the whining already, get used to it.

Stop whining about whining its a forum people are supposed to tell you how they feel about changes
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players: "You never listen to us!"

ZOS: "We do listen!"

Morrowind goes live with almost the exact changes as we started out with on PTS, including all the Morrowind specific bugs, issues and concerns that are still under NDA and have been unadressed since PTS. Even a couple weeks before planned release. A few insignificant and minuscle nerfs to sorcs as well as some minor changes to shards and siphon, just so it seems like our input matters.

Oh, look, wasn't that exactly what I mentioned in my original post in this thread...
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone ever question why ZOS continues with these giant gameplay changes all the time?

It's because they don't have a clear vision of their own game, are extremely short-sighted, and have Wrobel involved in any decision making.

They implemented the CP system without understanding what they were doing, and ever since then have been in damage control mode trying to balance the game. Every single "balance" patch since 1.6 has been trying to deal with the CP system (and the removal of softcaps...).
    Edited by Sallington on May 11, 2017 1:57PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    It's because they don't have a clear vision of their own game, are extremely short-sighted, and have Wrobel involved in any decision making.

I am sure Mr Wrobel believes he is doing what it needed. Clearly the majority of players disagree.

Personally, I would not let Mr Wrobel attempt to balance my kitchen scales, even if I only had two equal weights.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    Does anyone ever question why ZOS continues with these giant gameplay changes all the time?

They implemented the CP system without understanding what they were doing, and ever since then have been in damage control mode trying to balance the game. Every single "balance" patch since 1.6 has been trying to deal with the CP system (and the removal of softcaps...).

Man you are dead on with this post. As we gain more CP, there will be another HUGE nerf patch in 1.5 to 2 years again. CP system just needs be completely changed to more "fluff" and fun things or completely got rid of.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry repeat

Edited by flguy147ub17_ESO on May 11, 2017 5:23PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of trying to explain to ZoS . I feel like ZoS in Linda .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TP8RB7UZHKI