The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.2

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    According the the Devs in the ESO Live, they don't want to balance the two separate as that will cause us to *** and whine about having to change our setups too often switching from PVP to PVE (as if some don't in some way already, I personally don't).
    @Gan Xing Which could be relatively easily fixed by having a separate CP/skills loadout that takes place automatically when you enter/exit Cyrodiil.

Same skills, same CP's : completely different adjustments can be made accordingly. The only place where it would become problematic is IC. That could be fixed by adjusting monster stats.

You set up your skills/CP for PvE one time. You do the same for PvP, one time. Devs can then balance to their hearts' content.
    Ainle wrote: »
    Champion Points Regarding PvP vs PvE
    Please look into having separate CP trees for PvP and PvE. I think that alone would solve SO MANY balancing issues.
    Similar to what @Ainle proposes, but it doesn't need to have any buff based on Alliance rank - the skill trees already cover that. The skills and CP's don't even necessarily need to be different, only the values.

I suggest you take a look here at one of the best Stam Sorc's in the game and how he is endlessly Dark Dealing and doesn't need to use Streak even while outnumbered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAkP30GzkRI

And StamSorc has high mobility regardless if you Streak or not. The Minor Expedition of Hurricane + Orc passive + a Major Expedition potion and you can outrun any other class with no Streak involved.

And I would also suggest those of you that don't push for these other classes to receive back their sustain to keep in mind that if you think alot of players are running MagSorc/StamSorc now in PvP just wait till that's the only viable class. It won't be as much fun to play a StamSorc when all your facing is StamSorc/MagSorc.
    Endlessly, eh? I count an one every 10 seconds (which works out to be what his regen probably allows. Some of these are out of combat. None of those get interrupted. All of these are against PuGs (his title, not mine.)
    Kinnahz wrote: »
    PvP'ers remain somewhat happy overall unless their own class took a hit... not saying all classes haven't had a hit in someway or another.

However..... PvE'ers are still screwed.

Every week I sit here waiting for these PTS patch notes in hopes for a change in the 'Right Direction' but am let down each and every time... eh I'll play morrowind for the story at this stage. But after that $50 you get from me ZoS you won't see my monthly Subscripstion come in or even my credit card in the crown store.

#wrobeled

50 bucks ain' worth a story to me.
    No worries. It's looking like they'll train wreck the base game at no extra cost.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    The guy at ZoS that's making the final decision on these changes whether it be Wrobel or whoever must of been a total fail at Mathematics in school or is just lost on logic. This new change to Siphoning Attacks restores around the same amount of Stamina you get back on a single Dark Deal cast AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT 20 SECONDS AND LAND MULTIPLE LIGHT/HEAVY ATTACKS TO GET IT. In that same 20 seconds the Dark Dealing Stam Sorc could of just cast a half a dozen times and gone from zero resources to full resources on top of a huge heal per cast.

All of these changes to Siphoning/Leeching Attacks need to be completely reversed. ZoS seems to have no idea how a Nightblade functions and how you have to rely on both good Stamina and Magicka sustain due to the mix of class abilities that are real resource drains like Cloak and Fear on the Magicka side. On a Stam Sorc all of your main abilities are Stamina based so they lose nothing from giving up all their Magicka to spam Dark Deal for infinite sustain. It is not a trade off. It is not balanced. It is not close.

Learn to math ZoS/Wrobel and maybe get outside of your internal testing at the office where all of you are clearly running MagSorc's.
    Stamsorc isn't a stamsorc without streak and crit surge.. They both cost a TON of magica to cast...

Sigh.. More sorc misinformation....

And did you even read my earlier post about a page back around just how well constitution sustains dark deal this patch.. You can do 1 DD per 20 seconds. You're making the mistake of comparing pts nightblade with live sorc, and even then exaggerating it...

Do you know how much cost a stamblade to cast cloak or fear? Even moar than streak and surge combined.

I'm not contesting that. I'm contesting the assertion that stamsorc uses magica for nothing other than dark deal..

I would like to see any stam sorc on PVE using streak...

I don't really care about PVE.

Ok. But the point stands, do you think stamsorc is the only class that uses magicka for utility?

Let's have a look:

DK: wings, spiked, igneous, I weapons, fossilize
    NBs: Mark, Cloak, Fear, Shades
    Temps: BoL, Cleanse, Rune
    Sorc: Streak, Surge.

No - why would I think that? You keep doing this - putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying that dark deal is fuelled by a very small tank that has had its ability to be refilled hit hard. Yet you don't seem to grasp that and keep going on as if sorc sustain is as good as it is on live.

Because you said that there's no stamsrc without streak and surge... what about other classes? Don't you think the resource nerf affects them too?

If that's on, what's the point on having stam classes? Other stam classes have worst sustain than sorc on PTS. Currently NBs have a chance to use moar utility (even their bars have moar magicka skills than stam), but you keep on trying to justify that DD won't be a powerful tool to regain resources, when it will...

You know whats the suggestion for stamblades the coming patch? "run Transmutation"
    Edited by Xvorg on May 3, 2017 2:26PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    REMOVE toppling charge minimum distance that is ridiculous and useless
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xynode wrote: »
    LorDrek wrote: »
    This is only theory, not test 5 min hm AA with block etc. ... any post dps?

Noted in the description, this has been tested on PTS also, but I will show as soon as I get the stupid watermark removed so to avoid being banned due to ZOS miscommunication about what IS and ISN'T allowed to be shown:)

You can show DPS test on skeleton with stam DK from PTS as long as it's not recorded in house located in Vvardenfell or anywhere else in Vvardenfell. NDA is lifted for all base game classes and You can present vidoes with them.
    Options
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    xynode wrote: »
    LorDrek wrote: »
    This is only theory, not test 5 min hm AA with block etc. ... any post dps?

Noted in the description, this has been tested on PTS also, but I will show as soon as I get the stupid watermark removed so to avoid being banned due to ZOS miscommunication about what IS and ISN'T allowed to be shown:)

You can show DPS test on skeleton with stam DK from PTS as long as it's not recorded in house located in Vvardenfell or anywhere else in Vvardenfell. NDA is lifted for all base game classes and You can present vidoes with them.

I'll double check it just in case but if this is the case....it's coming:)
    Options
  • Prive
    Prive
    ✭✭✭
    Prive wrote: »
    [quote=

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): Reduced the damage bonus of this morph’s instant-cast proc to 10% from 20%.
        Developer Comments:
        Sorcerer’s sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.

If you would play your own game, you would know that there will be 0 sorcs running crystal frags in PVE

Still every sorc will run it in PvE. Now it can hit even for 50k so You're saying everyone will unslot it because it'll hit max ~45k ?... Also crystal is skill from dark magic and provides 3% spell crit buff to whole group for 20 seconds from passive.

Nobody will run it anymore, because people are using heavy attacks in PVE now. And on a HA sorc build, frags does not longer find its way to a sorcs front or back bar. This is not because of the 10% nerf, but simply because the meta is changing.
    @AlfonsoV [HODOR}

Diamond KK Mag Nightblade, dark elf
    *** C Stam Templar, khajit
    Alfonso V Mag Templar, high elf
    Florence N Mag Templar, high elf
    Ke'the Mag DK, dark elf
    Gr'ethe StamDK, redguard
    Luna L Mag Sorc, high elf
    Shark Ira Stam Sorc, redguard
    Po Ca Hon Tas. Mag Warden, high elf

Options
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Endlessly, eh? I count an one every 10 seconds (which works out to be what his regen probably allows. Some of these are out of combat. None of those get interrupted. All of these are against PuGs (his title, not mine.)

First seconds of the fight, he Streaks into a close encounter and then he proceeds to do 2 Dark Deals.
    Then 4 seconds passes and he does 2 other Dark Deals.

I count 4 Dark Deals every 8 seconds, after a Streak.

Of course during a battle where he's outnumbered he doesn't spam it like a noob, he's one of the top players in the game not a 250CP who joined when Homestead was release ffs.

In 1vs1 or even 1vs2 fight a stamsorc can Dark Deal 5 times in 9 seconds.
    That's 15k stamina, it's like adding 3k recovery.
    Plus 8k health multiplied per 5 times, plus the 8% HP from every cast thanks to the passives.

How can you say this is not OP?

Currently, a StamDK with a 38k max pool has to spend 10% more magicka to receive 5k less stamina and no health back from Igneous Shield spam casting.
    Nightblades can gain a lot of stamina and Magicka with Siphoning Attacks but that requires them to be active, to expose themselves, it's highly rewarding because of the risk.
    Templars' way to restore stamina is free but once again, Repentance it's highly rewarding because you need to actually kill stuff to refresh yourself.

Dark Deal? It's not risky nor it restores just one pool.
    Why is it SO REWARDING? Because of the "cast time"?
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
    Options
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote=

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): Reduced the damage bonus of this morph’s instant-cast proc to 10% from 20%.
        Developer Comments:
        Sorcerer’s sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.

If you would play your own game, you would know that there will be 0 sorcs running crystal frags in PVE

Still every sorc will run it in PvE. Now it can hit even for 50k so You're saying everyone will unslot it because it'll hit max ~45k ?... Also crystal is skill from dark magic and provides 3% spell crit buff to whole group for 20 seconds from passive.

Nobody will run it anymore, because people are using heavy attacks in PVE now. And on a HA sorc build, frags does not longer find its way to a sorcs front or back bar. This is not because of the 10% nerf, but simply because the meta is changing.

This^
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
    Options
  • Sheepfu
    Sheepfu
    Soul Shriven
    Believe it or not, it took me almost 2 months to get my forum account made and activated... So, you know... at least the patch isn't the only aspect of Zeni that is a disaster. With that being said, I'm going to start blowing up the Bethesda forums about this patch. The ESO forum on Bethesda.net just redirects you to this forum... so that won't do. I'll just start to consistently post in the other Bethesda game forums to get their attention. It's pretty clear that Zeni isn't going to listen... if there's one thing I've learned in the world of being a consumer; companies and their overseers don't want their bottom line to be hurt, period... When you can't get the proper return on investment for a product you've paid money for, you climb the ladder of authority until someone with power decides they don't want to lose your business. The last 15 pages of this thread indicate that the overwhelming majority of consumers aren't happy... .it's time Zeni is held accountable by someone.
    Options
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Update 14 (3.0.2) is now available to test. ALL CONTENT ON THE PTS IS CURRENTLY UNDER AN NDA. Please note that Morrowind and its contents are accessible only if you have received an invitation via email. "

LOL even the PTS partial NDA lift gets nerfed :*:p

It really is a shame this cycle has been all pitchforks by the serfs... Now get back to work you "unpaid consultants" :o

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weps wrote: »

First seconds of the fight, he Streaks into a close encounter and then he proceeds to do 2 Dark Deals.
    Then 4 seconds passes and he does 2 other Dark Deals.

I count 4 Dark Deals every 8 seconds, after a Streak.

Of course during a battle where he's outnumbered he doesn't spam it like a noob, he's one of the top players in the game not a 250CP who joined when Homestead was release ffs.

In 1vs1 or even 1vs2 fight a stamsorc can Dark Deal 5 times in 9 seconds.
    That's 15k stamina, it's like adding 3k recovery.
    Plus 8k health multiplied per 5 times, plus the 8% HP from every cast thanks to the passives.

How can you say this is not OP?

Currently, a StamDK with a 38k max pool has to spend 10% more magicka to receive 5k less stamina and no health back from Igneous Shield spam casting.
    Nightblades can gain a lot of stamina and Magicka with Siphoning Attacks but that requires them to be active, to expose themselves, it's highly rewarding because of the risk.
    Templars' way to restore stamina is free but once again, Repentance it's highly rewarding because you need to actually kill stuff to refresh yourself.

Dark Deal? It's not risky nor it restores just one pool.
    Why is it SO REWARDING? Because of the "cast time"?

That's because Dark deal is the Stam smurf version of BoL; created to give a small burst heal and trade utility mag for useful stam. I'm ok with the resources, but not the heal; that's what crit surge is for and Stam has vigor/rally.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheepfu wrote: »
    Believe it or not, it took me almost 2 months to get my forum account made and activated... So, you know... at least the patch isn't the only aspect of Zeni that is a disaster. With that being said, I'm going to start blowing up the Bethesda forums about this patch. The ESO forum on Bethesda.net just redirects you to this forum... so that won't do. I'll just start to consistently post in the other Bethesda game forums to get their attention. It's pretty clear that Zeni isn't going to listen... if there's one thing I've learned in the world of being a consumer; companies and their overseers don't want their bottom line to be hurt, period... When you can't get the proper return on investment for a product you've paid money for, you climb the ladder of authority until someone with power decides they don't want to lose your business. The last 15 pages of this thread indicate that the overwhelming majority of consumers aren't happy... .it's time Zeni is held accountable by someone.

Useless... Zeni owns Bethesda...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys clearly never played with the OG dark deal, that thing was SOOOOO badddddddDdddDDDDDD

Wrobel wanted it to feel awesome, well he got his wish
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote=

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
        Developer Comments:

Yeah right and now every sorc will use heavy atack 100% of a time without any other skills between....Fact that crystal frag will be able to proc less then now doesn't mean it'll be totally not worth of having. When it procs it's the best single target skill in the game , cheap and strong and also buffing whole group.

Get real people.
    Options
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, didn't think they could make siphoning strikes worse, but they did!

Why not:

1. Make the work like rally where you can cast the skill again while you have the buff to get the resource burst.
    3. Make the skill cost the opposite resource than what it gives back:
    - leeching gives stam, but costs majicka and siphoning gives magicka, but costs stam

This would make the skill more reliable for tanks, while still being useful for dps with light attack weaving.
    By having it's cost come from the opposite resource pool, it would limit people being able to spam it continuously.
    This would make magicka NB tanks still viable as they would have a way (similar to DK with helping hands) of still trading their magicka for stamina to block with when they need it most.

I have run a NB tank since beta, and the key to sap tanks has always been the more offensive you are, the better your defense! With these patch changes, using skills like sap and funnel are pointless because the megar heals they provide will not be worth the skill cost since a tank now has to stack blockcost and regen to be able even have a chance at running group support sets.

Basically the new tanking meta (fro my perspective) for NB is keep up taunt and armor debuff, cast shadow skill as needed to keep up resistance buffs. Alternate light attack and block as possible to keep up stam with leeching. Anything beyond that is pointless as the skill is not worth the cost. This makes tanking more boring than the new heavy attack dps meta!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
    Options
  • MuatraMuatra
    MuatraMuatra
    Soul Shriven
    Item Sets
    • Changed the overall style for the dropped item sets available in Vvardenfell.
      • The War Maiden set now drops in the Telvanni style instead of Tsaesci.
      • The Defiler set now drops in the Hlaalu style instead of Ashlander.
      • The Warrior-Poet set now drops in the Redoran style instead of Bouyant Armiger.
      • The appearances previously used by the Defiler and Warrior-Poet sets are still available as crafting motifs, obtained by participating in Vvardenfell content. The appearance used by the War Maiden set will not be available as a motif with Morrowind.
    • Defiler: Fixed an issue where this Item Set could trigger on Critical Strikes with heals, instead of only Critical Strikes with damage.

So, you're removing one of the best looking styles in the game at its current state, and making the style unobtainable? Most gear already looks *** as is, and this really doesn't help.
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TazESO wrote: »
    Allow me please to post some observations about this thread and the forums in general. I skipped to the last page after browsing for a while, but noticed Gina had to post about non-constructive posts and dev bashing. Thankfully the crying had calmed down by the 14th page, and I appreciate that. We are obviously passionate about the game.

Some of you (and myself sometimes, remember we are passionate about that which we care about, very understandable) need to work on your communication game. May I suggest:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Especially these nuggets:
    Don't criticize, condemn, or complain. Human nature does not like to admit fault. When people are criticized or humiliated, they rarely respond well and will often become defensive and resent their critic. To handle people well, we must never criticize, condemn or complain because it will never result in the behavior we desire.

Give honest and sincere appreciation. Appreciation is one of the most powerful tools in the world. People will rarely work at their maximum potential under criticism, but honest appreciation brings out their best. Appreciation, though, is not simple flattery, it must be sincere, meaningful and with love.

Arouse in the other person an eager want. To get what we want from another person, we must forget our own perspective and begin to see things from the point of view of others. When we can combine our desires with their wants, they become eager to work with us and we can mutually achieve our objectives.

I would add that it's important to explain your feedback and position in a way the other side can understand but in alignment with the principles above.

By the way, this works for both sides! Hey there, ZOS!

I could go on all day about Myers Briggs, 4 quadrants, blah blah blah, but I won't today.

Thanks for reading.

We've tried that.

We've tried everything from Friendly horseshoes full of good points and essays worth of feedback and vitirolic hand grenades. Trust me when I say if that was working, we wouldn't be in this situation.

As the days go by, and it becomes clear they wont reverse their design direction, the only hope or recourse we have is to stop spending money. And I suggest everyone dis-satisfied with ZOS's lack of response or selective deafness to cut all support for this game, until they stop treating us like mushrooms.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on May 3, 2017 8:28PM
    Options
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    TazESO wrote: »
    Allow me please to post some observations about this thread and the forums in general. I skipped to the last page after browsing for a while, but noticed Gina had to post about non-constructive posts and dev bashing. Thankfully the crying had calmed down by the 14th page, and I appreciate that. We are obviously passionate about the game.

Some of you (and myself sometimes, remember we are passionate about that which we care about, very understandable) need to work on your communication game. May I suggest:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Especially these nuggets:
    Don't criticize, condemn, or complain. Human nature does not like to admit fault. When people are criticized or humiliated, they rarely respond well and will often become defensive and resent their critic. To handle people well, we must never criticize, condemn or complain because it will never result in the behavior we desire.

Give honest and sincere appreciation. Appreciation is one of the most powerful tools in the world. People will rarely work at their maximum potential under criticism, but honest appreciation brings out their best. Appreciation, though, is not simple flattery, it must be sincere, meaningful and with love.

Arouse in the other person an eager want. To get what we want from another person, we must forget our own perspective and begin to see things from the point of view of others. When we can combine our desires with their wants, they become eager to work with us and we can mutually achieve our objectives.

I would add that it's important to explain your feedback and position in a way the other side can understand but in alignment with the principles above.

By the way, this works for both sides! Hey there, ZOS!

I could go on all day about Myers Briggs, 4 quadrants, blah blah blah, but I won't today.

Thanks for reading.

We've tried that.

We've tried everything from Friendly horseshoes full of good points and essays worth of feedback and vitirolic hand grenades. Trust me when I say if that was working, we wouldn't be in this situation.

As the days go by, and it becomes clear they wont reverse their design direction, the only hope or recourse we have is to stop spending money. And I suggest everyone dis-satisfied with ZOS's lack of response or selective deafness to cut all support for this game, until they stop treating us like mushrooms.

No comment on the mushrooms, but I wholeheartedly agree that that if you have made a good faith effort to work with someone with no result then separation may be warranted. In the case of corporations whose allegiance is to the bottom line, stop spending your $$ with them. :)
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AuT6GHad wrote: »
    I like the changes of the Spear Shards! It finally makes this Templar ability unique again.

The buff of the NB Strikes seems to be a step in the right duration. Lets see if you can finally sustain for over 30 seconds.

The changes of the instant frags hurt, but since they are really strong it seems reasonable.

Please buff the Battle Roar passive!

I still miss return of the old cost reduction values in the armor passives. It would allow to run a rotation without spamming 90% Heavy Attacks.

@AuT6GHad

It IS NOT A BUFF TO NIGHTBLADE SUSTAIN. It a nerf compared to our present situation on live, and frankly, it is worse than previous iterations, at the 20 second delay in regaining resources means we cannot weave light attacks into our rotations to regain stamina as effectively, nor can we maintain as much uptime for Relentless Focus, among many other things.

Please do not fall into the trap of calling later patch note iterations buffs. They are nerfs when compared to live.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Reduce the cost of vigor again, but make the resolving vigor only heal yourself.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Removing the AoE from Resolving Vigor would also allow for removing the GPU-intensive AoE animated effect. Given the proliferation of Resolving Vigor among stam characters, this could go a long way to reduce lag and improve performance in Cyrodiil, trials, vet dungeons, and even the areas around high-traffic wayshines that see a lot of dueling.
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    [quote=

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
        Developer Comments:

This^

^Not this.

Frags will still be a viable tool for bursting down adds. Those who aren't already running it certainly won't add it, but those who use it regularly probably won't use it less than they do now, even in rotations.

The frag nerf is a red herring. It isn't actually supposed to do anything. It's only here because sorcs didn't get any class-specific nerfs (which even the Warden got), and the outcry was enough to prompt a minor nerf to a skill unpopular with its victims in PvP.

This nerf does not impact sorc DoT/cleave rotations in a meaningful way, even if you have to HA more to get sustain.

Also, in case anyone reading this didn't hear, the whole Lightning Staff HA thing isn't going to happen per these latest patch notes.

"30s to eval"
    Options
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luminous Shard (Spear Shards morph): This morph now causes the synergy to always restore Magicka and Stamina. It restores the current value of Magicka or Stamina to your highest maximum, and half of that value to the opposite resource.

This version is better in dungeon runs.

So much better, I think if you're going to keep the shared cooldown with necrotic orbs, then necrotic needs to have the same restoration effect as luminous. You're already keeping us from doubling up, and if you really are* trying to open up healing more for non-templar and non-warden classes, then give them the tools. I obviously don't speak for all of templarkind, but anybody or everybody else having decent kit for healing has nothing at all to do with why the changes to templars are so frustrating.

I think you're going to have a big wave of horror and rage about dungeons, dungeon finder, PUGs, etc when this goes live. The new problems will build upon the old problems (eg no tutorial and people not understanding how to perform their roles, lack of clear information in ability tooltips, broken abilities, etc.) and they were bad enough already.

* Full disclosure: I don't believe you. But prove me wrong, I can live with that.
    Edited by ofSunhold on May 4, 2017 11:19AM
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
    Options
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summary:

Bend over, here it comes again.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
    Options
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The Max Templates still have to unlock the crafting skills and those skill lines are still not max level for testing Master writs and such. :neutral:
    Options
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar
    Templars still have crowd control options with other abilities such as Piercing Javelin, Eclipse, and Focused Charge. This also prevents scenarios where the disorient on this ability would be a detriment; since Spear Shards could proc Burning Light, there would frequently be situations where the disorient broke immediately and gave your enemy a “free” crowd control immunity.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Was Eclipse a typo? This skill and its morphs do not Crowd Control an enemy, they merely reflect projectiles back at the target afflicted with it. The only time they will be CCed is if they use a stunnable projectile (Crystal Frags). After 3.5 seconds they will however get FREE CC IMMUNITY. This skill cannot be CC broken either. Confused how this is under an option for CC in the Templar class.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
    Options
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue I think she meant in a broader sense. Like the main purpose of Eclipse is in a crowd control function of preventing another player from using certain skills against you. As opposed to say, a directly damage dealing or healing function.
    Options
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takis1979 wrote: »
    New skill: diplomacy

You enter the dungeon and talk the monster to death

I plan on trying this. Will report on results.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, we understand there are some changes in this patch that you may not agree with, or you feel additional changes are still necessary. We like to leave the PTS patch notes thread open so you can voice your feedback and concerns with us (since we are, after all, still in a testing phase). That said, personal insults or bashing our devs will not be tolerated. Moreover, these posts just aren't constructive or conducive toward making improvements. You can be honest with us, but you need to do so in a constructive manner.

In addition, keep in mind that even if one particular class or ability hasn't been adjusted, the overall balance is still affected with other changes. As always, we encourage you to hop on the PTS once maintenance is over and try these changes out for yourself in a live environment. Battlegrounds would be the perfect place to do so. ;)

You're right. I say this with respect- a lot of PVE'ers (I don't think I would be wrong in saying that the majority of your player base is casual) are affected by this. Some skills seem balanced with a preference for PVP, and a complete disregard for PVE. I encourage devs to consider the opinions of its player base- many long time players are incredibly upset about the upcoming changes and some of the most loyal feel like quitting because they're not being listened to. It's also really hard to want to buy an expansion with a hyped up warden, when your own class feels like it's being nerfed to make the expansion look even better (I've seen a lot of comments like this). Endless sustain may be an issue for PVP, but your PVE'ers are taking a hit. Hope many changes are considered before the expansion goes live (especially to sustain for armor, at least). Thank you :)
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
    Options
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    @Gilliamtherogue I think she meant in a broader sense. Like the main purpose of Eclipse is in a crowd control function of preventing another player from using certain skills against you. As opposed to say, a directly damage dealing or healing function.

That defensive utility doesn't make it reliable as an active CC. If that's what she meant then we might as well call Defensive Posture a cc ability.

"30s to eval"
    Options
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, we understand there are some changes in this patch that you may not agree with, or you feel additional changes are still necessary. We like to leave the PTS patch notes thread open so you can voice your feedback and concerns with us (since we are, after all, still in a testing phase). That said, personal insults or bashing our devs will not be tolerated. Moreover, these posts just aren't constructive or conducive toward making improvements. You can be honest with us, but you need to do so in a constructive manner.

In addition, keep in mind that even if one particular class or ability hasn't been adjusted, the overall balance is still affected with other changes. As always, we encourage you to hop on the PTS once maintenance is over and try these changes out for yourself in a live environment. Battlegrounds would be the perfect place to do so. ;)

The general changes to sustain I think are probably a good thing, but i can't see how it will help new players. I can only see it making things tougher for them. The only real difference that affect a long term player more than a new player are cp sustain removal/changes. Long term players also have access to the sets to assist their sustain, like black rose (which also just took a massive hit as it works off constitution)

The class specific changes to sustain however are not OK with me. With such wide sweeping changes to the overall mechanics of the game how can you tell if further class specific changes are required. Take NB for example. The changes to siphoning attacks were so severe it was shown a NB would run out of stamina FASTER than when they did not use it. This was also shown because rework of the original change was done for 3.0.2. Which makes me wonder if it was ever really tested out or just theorycrafted by the people/person responsible for the change? NB were affect the most by the change and they are already struggling for end game trials spots. Look at the trial leaderboards where they make up around 1 in 10 players. This is proof that NB's are in a bad place already. Leaving siphoning strikes to where it is on live will only leave NB's at their '1 in 10 players'. The proposed changes are worse for this class than any other class - ZOS should be working to address this gameplay balance and not make it worse for NB over other classes which the current PTS changes will do.

I suggest all class specific sustain is left as it is on live. Changes here will not reduce the gap between new players and vet players.

The only way to do that is
    a) reduce the physical skill of the vet players to be the same as new players
    b) reduce the gear of the vet players to be the same as new players
    c) remove cp/exp

all three of those things are why people play MMORPG's over games like doom/quake - they are all advancement and MMO players like that (otherwise we would all still be playing the above games).
    Edited by aeowulf on May 4, 2017 7:45AM
    Options