PTS Patch Notes v3.0.2

• c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    After the patch my previously created character did not appear in the character menu. My only option was to create a new character. Was this intentional? It is difficult to explore much of Morrowind with a character that lasts only a few days.

My previous character had completed crafting certifications. The post-patch character found no way to start certification, as writ boards have no activation prompt. Is there some other way to start the certification quests?
    Options
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    Even though Magica Dk is only an alt for me, I don't get it.
    Class was broken for sssssoooooooo long, and finally it was playable again...
    Then after a few months PTS patch notes comes out and destroy class.

Stamina nightblade and stamina templar also is broken.

If you could choose between x2 ranged sorcs with destroult for DD in a pledge or x2 stamina nightblades with dualwield & bow and dawnbreaker ulti what would you choose?

DAMAGE IN 2H,Bow and Dualwield must be buffed.
    Up the hornz
    Options
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno No Cyrodiil instance available right now on pts
    Edited by Sarousse on May 3, 2017 6:20AM
    Options
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whups, dupe
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on May 3, 2017 6:34AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
    Options
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    just put the bloody stun back on spear shards lol
    Edited by darkstar2084 on May 3, 2017 7:04AM
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just put the bloody stun back on spear shards lol

They're insisting on doing the opposite of what the community of Templar mains are asking them to. I know I despise javelin, as do most other Templars I know. But ZoS keeps thinking it's a skill Magplars like. Just an FYI ZOS: We don't like Javelin. So give us our shard CC back.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a NB needs to wait 20 secs before getting resource back, does it give back 20 times the amount the sorc skill does as they get that back in about 1 second

Does it give back significantly more than the free to cast warden netch which does not require light attacks to 'activate'
    Options
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I for one have unsubscribed my ESO plus and cancelled my Morrowind Pre-Order. I hold hope that you will listen to the people and make some big changes in the coming weeks leading to Morrowind's release.
    Unsubscribed also, and used the feedback email to explain why - which was something I don't usually bother doing.
    Options
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Banana wrote: »
    I'm not excited. Night blades getting a sustain buff but unfortunately I only play a DK. :/

@Banana

Not a buff. Please stop calling it that. It is a significant nerf from our current situation on live.

Even the devs called it a significant reduction. The reality was removal :(
    Options
  • AuT6GHad
    AuT6GHad
    I like the changes of the Spear Shards! It finally makes this Templar ability unique again.

The buff of the NB Strikes seems to be a step in the right duration. Lets see if you can finally sustain for over 30 seconds.

The changes of the instant frags hurt, but since they are really strong it seems reasonable.

Please buff the Battle Roar passive!

I still miss return of the old cost reduction values in the armor passives. It would allow to run a rotation without spamming 90% Heavy Attacks.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc actually has been maybe most balanced class for a while and what you do? Nerf, Nerf, Nerf and more Nerf.

Instead you should have used as "milestone" to fix other classes around it. Insted what do you do? Nerf, Nerf, Nerf and more Nerf.

Don't know what the on earth are you doing but this is getting bad.

Instead of actually fixing the most broken part of the game that has been these ridicilious "tanks" that can sustain forever and run around the trees. (Shuffle 20% give me a break) it seems that pretty much all the classes are now off balanced.

I don't know but it frustrates living crap out myself who has invested so much time to this.

Please watch the videos about your adjustments and it does not look good does it.

Oh and was hoping that you would finally start focusing also fixing Cyrodill once you get some money from Morrowind but It ain't happening either it seems.
    Options
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another nerf for sorc =(
    Options
  • Faint_One
    Faint_One
    ✭✭✭
    Changes of Siphon Strikes will erase the NBtank's exist! :/ Pls consider that,how could a tank wave his light attack while taunting a Tough boss like The Warrior in HM just for such low stamina back?And even he need pre-cost 1.5k stamina?If I lack a kind of resource,I obviously would not want to cost it anymore.
    :s
    Options
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer’s sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.

The words are important.
    Is too high so we bring them down slightly.

Nice.

Anyway, just like when you nerfed the templars, you're targeting the wrong aspects that are making the class OP in PvP.
    It is not Frags the main problem, which is useful for PvE because it helps tremendously the DPS, it's the sustained part of the PvE and PvP damage. You know, the whole reason while you're kicking out this utterly disgrace of a patch, to make us use skills in a more strategical way. So why every other class of the game has to go through two layers of nerf to sustain while sorcs just one?

I'm utterly aghast that nothing came on the Dk front.
    I appreciate you're trying to compensate for other classes now, it's a good effort and I encourage you to keep trying like this ( although a little design process while you're thinking about how to change things won't hurt you ;-) ), but the Dk is now almost condemned to Oblivion in PvP and on the verge of losing the main thing it was conceived for: tanking.

And on top of everything, I haven't read anything about finally completing the craft bag.
    At this moment I still can't deconstruct glyphs while I have full inventory ( something you brag about in the previous patch ) and same goes when I try to take attachments from the hireling.

PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
    Options
  • Moncho11
    Moncho11
    ✭✭✭
    So Sorcs are too high in dmg and they get 10% nerf to a skill proc. Nightblades apparently have too much sustain so the skill to a 75% hit from live. Also this incarnation of the skill is actually less net resources than the first PTS version. Also Nightblades are the only class that can't get stamina unless we spend stamina.
    Options
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my main with all acheivments is a magdk, my secondary is healer templar, solely focused on healing, at this point with patch notes morrowind will not being bought by myself and my sub will be removed. ive played since day 1 on ps4 and subbed every month barring a cpl of months at the beginning.

It took me an age to get my magdk and templar to where they are and working how i wanted and suited to the group i play with, i will not be going through the cost and grind to make them worth while again, i will not be buying a £50 class.

i will still play the base game etc but not another penny is being spent on this croc of dog doo doo
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @ZOS_RichLambert Werewolf skills cost adjustment? Pretty please tyvm
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    Allow me please to post some observations about this thread and the forums in general. I skipped to the last page after browsing for a while, but noticed Gina had to post about non-constructive posts and dev bashing. Thankfully the crying had calmed down by the 14th page, and I appreciate that. We are obviously passionate about the game.

Some of you (and myself sometimes, remember we are passionate about that which we care about, very understandable) need to work on your communication game. May I suggest:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Win_Friends_and_Influence_People

Especially these nuggets:
    Don't criticize, condemn, or complain. Human nature does not like to admit fault. When people are criticized or humiliated, they rarely respond well and will often become defensive and resent their critic. To handle people well, we must never criticize, condemn or complain because it will never result in the behavior we desire.

Give honest and sincere appreciation. Appreciation is one of the most powerful tools in the world. People will rarely work at their maximum potential under criticism, but honest appreciation brings out their best. Appreciation, though, is not simple flattery, it must be sincere, meaningful and with love.

Arouse in the other person an eager want. To get what we want from another person, we must forget our own perspective and begin to see things from the point of view of others. When we can combine our desires with their wants, they become eager to work with us and we can mutually achieve our objectives.

I would add that it's important to explain your feedback and position in a way the other side can understand but in alignment with the principles above.

By the way, this works for both sides! Hey there, ZOS!

I could go on all day about Myers Briggs, 4 quadrants, blah blah blah, but I won't today.

Thanks for reading.
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are three main goals behind the changes to Spear Shards and its morphs. First, we want the design of Spear Shards to be more clearly focused – it’s a powerful area of effect damage ability with a prominent synergy. Templars still have crowd control options with other abilities such as Piercing Javelin, Eclipse, and Focused Loading Screen (Focused Fall through the world or my personal favourite Focused stuck charge anim while being locked out of all other skills). This also prevents scenarios where the disorient on this ability would be a detriment; since Spear Shards could proc Burning Light, there would frequently be situations where the disorient broke immediately and gave your enemy a “free” crowd control immunity.
    fixed that for you

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance of an update on when this is going to be fixed or have devs given up on trying?
    Edited by Zaldan on May 3, 2017 10:53AM
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Orbital wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Prive wrote: »
    [quote=

Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Crystal Fragments (Crystal Shard morph): Reduced the damage bonus of this morph’s instant-cast proc to 10% from 20%.
        Developer Comments:
        Sorcerer’s sustained damage in PvE and burst damage in PvP is currently too high, so reducing the damage bonus from Crystal Fragments brings them down slightly in both areas without being too punishing to the overall damage kit.

If you would play your own game, you would know that there will be 0 sorcs running crystal frags in PVE

Still every sorc will run it in PvE. Now it can hit even for 50k so You're saying everyone will unslot it because it'll hit max ~45k ?... Also crystal is skill from dark magic and provides 3% spell crit buff to whole group for 20 seconds from passive.

you will not have the resources to constantly weave forcepulse so it wont proc often, sorcs dont use this anymore

As I mentioned frag also provides 3% spell crit buff to whole group that more then enough to keep it. It's also cheap so every time it'll proc it'll be nice to have cheap instant high dmg ability even if You'll not use it often. It'll stay on sorcs bars for sure.

Also Frags, procs off any of your Magica skills, so unless Orbital intends to only HA then it's still going to proc regularly.
    Options
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Sorc actually has been maybe most balanced class for a while and what you do? Nerf, Nerf, Nerf and more Nerf.

Instead you should have used as "milestone" to fix other classes around it. Insted what do you do? Nerf, Nerf, Nerf and more Nerf.

Don't know what the on earth are you doing but this is getting bad.

Instead of actually fixing the most broken part of the game that has been these ridicilious "tanks" that can sustain forever and run around the trees. (Shuffle 20% give me a break) it seems that pretty much all the classes are now off balanced.

I don't know but it frustrates living crap out myself who has invested so much time to this.

Please watch the videos about your adjustments and it does not look good does it.

Oh and was hoping that you would finally start focusing also fixing Cyrodill once you get some money from Morrowind but It ain't happening either it seems.

Their solution for Cyrodiil is battlegrounds so people simply quit playing it, problem solved.
    Options
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK is NOT dead. In fact they are Very much alive!

I have also fully tested this on PTS but cannot show the results YET until they allow more content creators a lift from NDA. Yes that's right only SELECTED people got permission to show stuff, and although ZOS said we can show main game balance changes...I have a friggin watermark all over my screen and I would rather not risk the ban.

But rest assured I got your stam DK covered. Look at the sustain AND damage, and mentally apply some more sustain issues (med armour, class passives and skill increased costs) on top and you will see that there IS hope for the stam classes in PVE.

My theory was if I can stay above 50% stamina the majority of the time solo in homestead with zero cps in warlord and NO VO... I will be ok in Morrowind. SO FAR, that theory was correct.
    Take a look at the example of how to sustain AND perform at the same time. Also consider that the majority of magicka scream for elemental drain on a 3mil because of "sustain issues" even in homestead.
    I can sustain AND perform on a 6mil skele solo with LOADS of resources spare. So, put it into a trial with synergies etc..you can do the maths :smile: )

Of course things in the PTS may still change but from testing so far...this method works REALLY well (with minor alterations). As soon as they remove that dam watermark, I will upload the Morrowind dps tests. You won't be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jUeVbuXVbU

Options
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "We have no idea what we're doing and want to ruin the game for everyone. Instead of fixing obvious issues, we're going to nuke everything that works. We also have no idea how people are playing Templars, as is evident by our repeated justifications of our terrible changes by citing abilities nobody uses because they're useless and always have been." - ZOS, 2017
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xynode wrote: »
    Stam DK is NOT dead. In fact they are Very much alive!

I have also fully tested this on PTS but cannot show the results YET until they allow more content creators a lift from NDA. Yes that's right only SELECTED people got permission to show stuff, and although ZOS said we can show main game balance changes...I have a friggin watermark all over my screen and I would rather not risk the ban.

But rest assured I got your stam DK covered. Look at the sustain AND damage, and mentally apply some more sustain issues (med armour, class passives and skill increased costs) on top and you will see that there IS hope for the stam classes in PVE.

My theory was if I can stay above 50% stamina the majority of the time solo in homestead with zero cps in warlord and NO VO... I will be ok in Morrowind. SO FAR, that theory was correct.
    Take a look at the example of how to sustain AND perform at the same time. Also consider that the majority of magicka scream for elemental drain on a 3mil because of "sustain issues" even in homestead.
    I can sustain AND perform on a 6mil skele solo with LOADS of resources spare. So, put it into a trial with synergies etc..you can do the maths :smile: )

Of course things in the PTS may still change but from testing so far...this method works REALLY well (with minor alterations). As soon as they remove that dam watermark, I will upload the Morrowind dps tests. You won't be disappointed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jUeVbuXVbU

Yeah I was going to test exact same build on stam dk on PTS right after reading forum :smiley:
    Options
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    This is only theory, not test 5 min hm AA with block etc. ... any post dps?
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
    Options
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Xynode, against a Skeleton they're still one of the strongest classes.
    Against a skeleton :D
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
    Options
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    LorDrek wrote: »
    This is only theory, not test 5 min hm AA with block etc. ... any post dps?

Noted in the description, this has been tested on PTS also, but I will show as soon as I get the stupid watermark removed so to avoid being banned due to ZOS miscommunication about what IS and ISN'T allowed to be shown:)
    Options
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unnerf the Stamina Templar I don't wanna delete it Zenimax
    K1 The Big Monkey
    Options
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a lot of time spent following forum threads, watching youtube videos (thank you Fengrush, Alcast, GilliamTheRogue for your Patch Notes reviews and for your Live / PTS comparison videos showing us exactly what is going on with the PTS changes) and following every single PTS patch notes thread since 3.0.0, i just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Disclaimer: PVE point of view mainly.
    I don't care too much about PvP, as I go in Cyrodiil from time to time just to have fun and to do something different once in a while.
    And Sorry for my English, as i'm not a native speaker.

In an interview Matt Firor said, "We had a second chance, and not every game gets a second chance" [1]
    That's true. And make no Mistake ZOS, you won't have a third one.

A lot of users agrees that there are some issues with current state of the game.
    Infinite sustain, Heavy Armor meta in PvP and proc sets are, as far as I know, universally considered the biggest issues.
    Almost everyone agree that something was needed in order to try to address these issues.

Now let's have a look at what you did in 3.0.0

1) Removal of Magician and Warlord - Fine, almost everyone agrees on that.

2) Nerf of stat pools given by constellations -> Fine.

3) Nerf of Mooncalf and Arcanist -> Fine.

4) Champion passive more frontloaded -> Fine.

5) Nerf of constitution passives -> About time! Fine.

5) Adjusting spell cost of various skill. Ok, Everyone can have his own point of view about the right cost of a single skill, but again, if the general goal is to make sustain harder -> fine. Likely some adjustment will be needed in order to have a more balanced game experience, but we can live with that.

If this were the incoming changes, we all would be fine.
    Still nothing on proc sets, but, hey, two of the three main issues (infinite sustain and heavy armor meta in PVP) are addressed at least. And Proc sets were already nerfed in the last patch (even if most of players says they were not nerfed enough) so, who cares? Quite happy with the changes. Sustain will be harder, but we will adapt.
    We would be just keep playing and enjoying the game, happy, with our credit card ready in our hand, waiting for the incoming Morrowind expansion, excited to try the brand new magika and stamina warden.

Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Because you decided to go way beyond this, introducing a lot of other radical changes.

Changes that are not well welcomed by a relevant part of your player base, as most of us thinks that they are unnecessary to say the least, if not a complete overkill that will ruin the game experience for a lot of players.

6) Nerf to Light and Medium armor recovery.
    Why? May be we miss something, but looks like, as a side effect of this nerf, you are again pushing people into Heavy Armor meta.
    You said that you want players make meaningful choices. I should have a choice: wear a Heavy Armor sacrificing sustain, or wearing a light or medium armor sacrificing tankiness.
    If sustain provided from light and medium armor is crap, there is really no choice. Heavy armor will still be the meta. I'm not into PvP, but Fengrush pointed this out quite well in his patch notes stream.

7) Changes to fundamental skills of DK, Templars, Nightblade.
    Again, why? No one asked about these changes. Nobody pointed out these as issues of the game that need to be fixed. And Yet you decided to slaughter some fundamental class abilities (Siphoning, Shards, Battle Roar, Clapping Hands just to name a few) with no apparent reason.
    By killing sustain and class sustain abilities in such radical way, your are not forcing us to make choices. You are just forcing us into a new meta: Heavy Attack builds. Alcast pointed this out quite well in his last streams.

So instead of making choices and having build diversity, we will just be forced to run an Heavy Attack build. A new meta that requires much less skill in order to be effective, and that most of your PvE player base found quite boring. You can wear any sustain set you want, you can switch to reduced cost glyph, no matter what you do. It's a short blanket. If you want damage you won't be able to sustain. If you want sustain, you won't be able to do damage. Looks like Heavy Attack builds will always do more damage based on current state of the PTS, and will be the new meta.
    Good bye "Fast paced combat". A lot of players will miss you.

I could just stop here. There is enough to scratch your head and think "Hmm...Are they really sure they want to go that route?"

But unfortunately this is not all.
    Because there are still a TONS of other issues that needs to be fixed.
    Just picking from the things that are pointed out by a lot of players at every PTS release:

8) Proc sets -> Still nothing on this.
    9) Dark conversion and morphs -> too strong. Sorc is already OP. You nerfed all the other classes, and yet didn't touch Sorcs. Why?
    10) Shieldstacking -> Again, a Sorc stacking shields has unbelievable damage mitigation, while being able at the same time to do a *** ton of damage. Cmon guys, completing the vet Malestrom Arena by stacking shields on a Sorc is a joke, you can stand in the damage as much as you want, as long as you have the shields on you.
    11) Pirate Skeleton -> Pair this with shield stacking on a Sorc and you will be an almost unkillable God dealing a *** ton of damage (again, Fengrush pointed this out quite well in his stream. Do you watch and listen to the content produced by the streamers you invited in your HQ, Zos? I don't think so. Pirate Skeleton on a Sorc stacking shields is completely broken and is way too OP)
    12) Vigor and morphs (mainly cost) --> You said vigor was too strong as AOE heal. So just reduce the AOE effect of one morph, and leave stamina class an usable self-heal ability, because at the moment they won't have one anymore!

Again, i could stop here. There is enough to be worried about how the new patch will hit the player base.

But we still miss something! In fact, we should also add:

13) Dungeon finder, STILL BROKEN. A core part of the PvE part of the game that was screwed with the last patch and it's still a complete mess!

14) Performance in Cyrodiil, still a big issue! Endless loading screens very annoying.

15) Morrowind not available to ESO plus subscribers, nor purchasable using Crowns.

Now, pay attention to this very last point, because this is very important.
    I know that game companies need to earn money to keep the game running, and I'm ok with that.
    I prsonally think that subscribers are the only sustainable way for a company to run a game like this. I don't believe into the "buy once and play forever" paradigm, because this model it's not sustainable in the long term, and big MMOs usually are meant to run for decades.
    But ZOS was forced to switch to a different model, because apparently there was not space anymore in the market for a pure "subscribers only" MMORPG, as we live in the "free-to-play MMORPG era" (but people that play these games knows very well that they are not "free").
    So they switched model, and later they try to find another way to earn subscribers. Not forcing them to subscribe in order to play the game, but giving them added value. And a lot of people are subscribing because they like this game, and they are ok with that, and they liked the value provided by ESO+.
    Now, after 3 yers, What are they getting, as customers that are subscribing and sustaining Zenimax? A big facepalm!
    I don't consider "Shadow of the hist" a "true" DLC (it's just 2 new dungeons). The the last "true" DLC released was Dark Brotherhood. So it's almost a year that ESO+ subscribers are paying a subscription for nothing (well, they are paying just for the crafting bag... and you know that ZOS, you know that sooooo well so you decided that ESO+ subscribers does not deserve "free" content anymore... as they will keep paying 120 € each year anyway, just to have the crafting bag).
    So instead of giving more added value to ESO+ (this should be your goal, ZOS... to have as much subbed customers as you can, customers that are paying you every and each month) they are just devaluating the subscription model, because they just need to raise money in the short term, whitout considering the long term impact of this decision.
    Very bad choice IMHO, but i guess Marketing department at ZOS will deal with the outcomes of this decision (if the game will survive).

And, sorry, but I also need to add just one little thing that may seem trivial, but it's not:

16) A new class is coming with Morrowind, but slots to play the new class will not be available for free!

So if you buy Morrowind, and you already have 8 toons, you will also need to buy 2 new slots in order to play a mag warden and a stam warden.

Now please explain me, ZOS, do you think this is fair?

I mean, the way the game was provided it's very clear and fair: 4 classes -> 8 slots. You just have the slots needed to play one variant of each class (Mag or Stam). You want more? Just buy additional slots with crowns. Sound very reasonable and fair.

Looks obvious that 5 classes should have lead to 10 slots to any player.

This is what you should have done. Give 2 additional free character slots to all Morrowind buyers!

Hey, they are giving you money! They are buying the game! And yet, if they are old customers playing the game since a long time, with no free slots available, after buying the game they won't have a free slot to play the new class!

Do you think this is fair toward players that are playing the game since the beta and that are paying you every months since 2 or 3 years, and that for sure will have all characters slots already filled?

Well, i think that's enough for now.

I will just repeat what I stated at the beginning.

"We had a second chance, and not every game gets a second chance" [1]

Make no Mistake ZOS, you won't have a third one.

Be careful on how you are managing this incoming changes, ZOS, because this, sadly, could be remembered as the "NGE PATCH" that lead ESO into the Oblivion [2]

[1] https://www.polygon.com/features/2016/10/14/13285014/elder-scrolls-online-one-tamriel-skyrim-mmo
    [2] https://www.engadget.com/2008/06/26/a-star-wars-galaxies-history-lesson-from-launch-to-the-nge-5/
    Edited by mandricus on May 3, 2017 2:59PM
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GC0 wrote: »
    For PvP

Stamina Templar
    Stamina Templars in general will be destroyed next patch if you don't adjust these things. 1. Vigor price, a good change to it would be NOT increasing it's price but making resolving vigor(vigor's morph) heal the caster only. 2. The medium, revert the changes which would allow stamina Templars sustain.

Warden
    I am worried about the cliff racer being undodgeable. Stamina characters will have a hard time dealing with people spamming it because they won't be able to dodge it. You should also tone down the defile from once of it's abilities to minor defile.

Agreed!
    There is no way to avoid the damage.

I think especially stamplar and stam dk will be destroyed by it since healing against it will cost loads of ressources.
    Medium armor can go home.

Major mending was taken away with 1 stroke and healing got more expensive...
    Sorc and Warden didnt get a nerf since they have several healing sources that remain unnerfed.

I hate those doublenerfs.
    Edited by Mumyo on May 3, 2017 1:56PM
    Options