The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[BUG] Goblin Disguise with Staff Hiding Dark Deal Animation

Taylor_MB
Taylor_MB
✭✭✭✭✭
This seems kind of bad considering the amount of MagSorcs that run goblin.
https://youtu.be/c2lc7pMlqoQ
Is this why they run goblin?

Probably has issues with other cast time abilities (hard cast frags works properly though), but cba testing. Confirmed with a friendly that they could not see the arm waving animation on their screen also.

Edited by Taylor_MB on April 25, 2017 4:52AM
PvP Defensive Set Comparison
Firestarter MagDK 1vX
- build and gamplay!
LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
- build and gamplay!
ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
- build and gamplay!
Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
My YouTube Chanel

• Alite
    Alite
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I use it because it's the only way to have pirate skeleton not inverse your weapons when you get out of the skeleton state, it's annoying as hell to think youre on your shield bar trying to cast a shield but instead you curse someone smh
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo it should not be possible to wear disguises and costumes in cyrodiil at all.

You need to be able to tell certain monster sets for example
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Imo it should not be possible to wear disguises and costumes in cyrodiil at all.

But my setup is incredibly ugly :'(
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you need to know what an opponent is wearing to fight an opponent, there is a serious problem with the way the game is balanced.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

If you need to know what an opponent is wearing to fight an opponent, there is a serious problem with the way the game is balanced.

What are proccsets?
    Uh oh.

In other words: Is that still a debate?
    Edited by Derra on April 25, 2017 7:29AM
    <Noricum>

• Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Knowing what your opponent is wearing determines your counterplay. If someone dies to a templar's Skoria because they kept fighting inside the ritual circle, that's their own fault.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

Knowing what your opponent is wearing determines your counterplay. If someone dies to a templar's Skoria because they kept fighting inside the ritual circle, that's their own fault.

Yes but if you reduce pvp to who has the right gear, then its a trash game.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are proccsets?
    Uh oh.

The question is not "do costumes provide an advantage?"

The question is "why does all pvp hinge on the gear you are wearing and not the way you engage tactically and with counterplay, enough that costumes have any impact?"
    Edited by Cathexis on April 25, 2017 4:48PM
    Praise Malacath.
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reason I wear goblin costume:

79fb7f64a6eb90eb07bc36dbc68d3a.png
  • Baobab_Theoldtree
    Baobab_Theoldtree
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a costume, i'm born as a Goblin in Niben River
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on April 25, 2017 8:56PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

Probably has issues with other cast time abilities (hard cast frags works properly though), but cba testing. Confirmed with a friendly that they could not see the arm waving animation on their screen also.

It's why they run goblin.

How many non-magsorcs do you see so dedicated to goblin?

The goblin model lacks animations, always has. It was improved at some point, it's still used to hide certain animations though.

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The goblin model lacks animations, always has. It was improved at some point, it's still used to hide certain animations though.

do u even plausible deniability bro?
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why make a video if you don't bother tagging a Dev? @ZOS_GinaBruno

There are other broken animations like Dual-wield heavy attack which don't render with Goblin costume.

Goblin costume is essential for immersion for smallman.
    Edited by Dyride on April 25, 2017 10:58PM
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Derra
      Derra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

What are proccsets?
      Uh oh.

The question is "why does all pvp hinge on the gear you are wearing and not the way you engage tactically and with counterplay, enough that costumes have any impact?"

Ask wrobel. He think´s proccsets are fun.
      <Noricum>

2. QuebraRegra
      QuebraRegra
      ✭✭✭✭✭

What are proccsets?
      Uh oh.

I LUV THIS!!!!!!

that said I ran as a goblin in DC over a year or so ago *called myself the last goblin of DaggerFall)... Obviosuly for RP purposes. I don't remember any animation issues at that time whatsoever.. Are the animation issues with the mount, etc. something fairly recent? I think I may have a vid somewhere where I was riding the mount correctly with the goblin disguise on.

Are people seriously trying to use the animation glitch as an advantage?
    3. ColoredScreams
      ColoredScreams
      ✭✭✭
      It also prevents the heavy attack animation from displaying with DW.
    4. Irylia
      Irylia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yabbayabbayabba. Goblin is who I am. TBH I use it for a smaller character frame and it feels smoother when casting skills than my tall toon. The random issues like mount standing. Dark deal and not doing visual pirate are just a plus. I dont generally use pirate and only dark deal in no cp. this next patch fixes dark deal casting on goblin so don't worry. If you see a goblin sorc just remember the goblin chieftain, irylia. Goblin is the race I chose when starting the game.
    5. Dyride
      Dyride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Can I get a Troll costume please?
      V Є H Є M Є И C Є
        Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
        Solongandthanksforallthef
        Revenge of the Hist
        Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      1. rfennell_ESO
        rfennell_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        zyk wrote: »

do u even plausible deniability bro?

Sure. It's not the sorcs fault that ZOS still has the goblin poly/costume lacking animations after like 3 years...

I don't begrudge a little gamesmanship, but don't tell me it isn't the why to why you see a lot of magsorcs "wearing" goblin, lol.
      2. Drakkdjinn
        Drakkdjinn
        ✭✭✭✭✭

What are proccsets?
        Uh oh.

An invisible Dark deal you can't counterplay is not gear.
      3. NightbladeMechanics
        NightbladeMechanics
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        I think there's an element of skill to entering combat knowing only the enemy's class, feeling out and discovering their spec by trading blows, surviving any surprises, and then adapting to counter it.

And this bug with Dark Exchange and the goblin costume has been around since at least One Tamriel's launch. You can still see the crystals at the sorc's feet, though, and they stop moving their arms during the channel.
        Kena
        Legion XIII
        Excellence without elitism
        Premier small scale PvP

Legend
        NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
        Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
        Nightblade Discussion:
        https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
        https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
        https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
        https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
        https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
        https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
        https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
        https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
        https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
      4. Magıc
        Magıc
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I think there's an element of skill to entering combat knowing only the enemy's class, feeling out and discovering their spec by trading blows, surviving any surprises, and then adapting to counter it.

And this bug with Dark Exchange and the goblin costume has been around since at least One Tamriel's launch. You can still see the crystals at the sorc's feet, though, and they stop moving their arms during the channel.

But more importantly you can fly on your mount as a goblin it's so cool!