Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.1

• lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any idea when pts will be up?

Likely within the next couple hours.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any idea when pts will be up?

Likely within the next couple hours.

giphy.gif
  • Larsay
    Larsay
    ✭✭✭
    If the goal with the sustain issues is not just to lower damage potential but also support group play in all situations (Since Orbs and Shards become more important that ever)... why .not just have orbs and shards share CD like they do now, but restore both values at once. Rather that first the alternating spectrum you had before, and now the which ever has the higher total.

All this change has done is hurt tanking. Tanking nearly every update takes a hit even if its not intended half the time....

And ZoS if you want something other than a DK to be a reliable tank... active stamina restore like the DK has, just saying.
    Guild Leader of CtrlAltElite
    Heidi Oakheart - Nord - Dragon Knight - Trial Tank - Stormproof
    Drinda Ebonheart - Imperial - Nightblade - Trial Tank - Stormproof
    Larsay Faithhealer - Breton - Templar - Trial Healer - Stormproof
    Ingrid Winterborn - Redguard - Dragon Knight - Stamina DPS -Stormproof
    Elina Hailstorm - Bosmer - Sorcerer - Stamina DPS - Stormproof
    Gwen Stormarrow - Breton - Sorcerer - Magicka DPS - Stormproof
    Regina Lightbringer - Redguard - Templar - Stamina DPS - Stormproof

Notable Clears vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL, vAS
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quests
    • The Clockwork City: Barbas will no longer slide while turning.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Spoilers! Maybe change that to "The Daedric boss will no longer slide while turning."
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I like new changes to orbs and shards but...does that not making tank with higher magicka then stamina little problematic ?

Exactly what I was thinking. The best option would honestly be to have there be two morphs, one that gives stam and one that gives magicka, or returning Orbs and Shards to their Live version.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KhaN_BE wrote: »
    sirtadzio wrote: »
    I like the adaptation that orbs can restore the highest resource pool of either stam OR mag- this is excellent for DPS. But what about my poor tank friends??!! Before I could send shards for stam and orbs for magica, depending on their need, now they'll only ever get one- especially looking at magica intensive tanks not getting stamina back from any allied source now. (Except from the minor stam recovery buff they could get from a warden healer I guess?)

But they are blocking : ( regen don't matter.

<sarcasm>They want tanks to stop blocking all time... so what is the issue. You will have plenty of regen when not blocking.</sarcasm>

I have a two tanks with more magic than stam. I don't like this change at all.

Neither do I like the changes to blocking (being charged stamina twice as much). The change to Repentance is punishing for my DK tank only. My Templar tank will still benefit, if the Templar healer doesn't need Repentance in his rotation. At this point I have no opinion yet on the impact of the change to Battle Roar. Will evaluate that one when EU chars are copied over.

Were you talking PvP? Cause I like to see you drop during a thousand cuts that are like whispers in the wind.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno which parts, if any, are included in and or lifted from the NDA?

The class changes from the base game are not under NDA.

Also, everyone, please remember this is only the start of our second week on the PTS. There are still adjustments to be made in the coming patches.

post-36877-agree-to-disagree-gif-Anchorma-kFLi.gif
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    If you are missing any changes, keep in mind that feedback given during the first pts week rarely makes it into the first patch.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS has misidentified the proc set issue.

The issue with proc sets isn't the damage they do - it's the ability to recover from that damage that makes it broken. So now that every class has gotten a massive nerf to their low-hp recovery capabilities with the exception of Sorcerer - proc sets will just walk right back into being blatantly OP. At least right now players have the capability to counter proc set burst with strong reactive healing by wearing sets that increase the potency of healing (whether it be HA or Damage/Stat increase).

So far for BGs it's either be a sorc, or wear proc sets.

Edited by usmcjdking on April 24, 2017 7:23PM
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Item Sets:
    - Overland Defiler set is exactly the kind of set people have been complaining about for so long. A proc set with high damage and a stun as well?! This does not promote skill-based play. At very least, it should have a significant delay to give time to avoid the damage.
    - Battleground Vanguard set needs to be made exploit-proof. It needs to display a tether connecting the taunter to the tauntee that can be broken by range and los.
    - Crafted Sets need their Wep/Spell Dmg bonus combined onto the same slot and another bonus added. Currently one bonus will be useless to anyone not running a hybrid build. Is that really your intention?
    - Trial Sets need to have a dynamic component added to their 5th bonus so that they don't only favor ultimates with low cost. The duration of the buff should be tied to the amount of ultimate consumed.

Buff Tracker:
    - Ground-based aoe's like Blockade of Fire need to be included if this is going to be a replacement for addons like S'rendarr.
    - You should also give us the ability to move duff, debuff, and ground-target bars around on the screen.

Synergy change:
    - Resource return from successfully using a synergy should be increased to incentivize group coordination. Currently the values are not high enough given the recent hit to sustain. You need to make these more valuable, not less.
    - The change to giving back the max stat, while being helpful to single stat users will be harmful to magicka tanks in particular. Is this intentional? Do you want to force them to use Ice staff?
    - One possible solution: Return 100% value of the max resource and 50% of the lower resource. This would also help people trying to run hybrids, since that's apparently something you are trying to encourage, and this change hurts them too.
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, everyone, please remember this is only the start of our second week on the PTS. There are still adjustments to be made in the coming patches.
    What kind of changes can we expect? Will it be similar to the Homestead patch, where everyone told you, that sorcs were overpowered and you did exactly nothing and it went live exactly as on the PTS?
    Oh boy, what bright future awaits us.
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are shards and orbs still on the same cooldown?
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar

Aedric Spear
    Spear Shards: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restores Magicka or Stamina based on whichever has the highest maximum, instead of whichever has the largest missing percentage.
    Known Issue: Luminous Shard’s resource return for the casting Templar is still restoring resources based on the largest missing percent. This will be fixed in future PTS patch.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoiler

Based on initial PTS feedback, we’ve changed the Magicka or Stamina this synergy gives you (as well as the Necrotic Orb synergy) to always restore the resource you have the highest maximum of so that it’s more consistent and reliable for your build type.

So magicka tanks have no way of getting stam back unless the healer is running a master's resto. Especially magicka DKs, who now can't get much in the way of resources back with the nerfs to Battle Roar. And we'll need MORE stamina since you doubled the stamina cost of blocking.

The solution is simple: leave templar shards alone. For orbs, make a stamina version and a magicka version. Now other healers besides templars can return stamina, and templars still have a dps morph and a group support morph.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have already figured out the solution to the shards/orbs problem of nog being able to restore other than one type of resource..
    Step 1: Gear up so you have roughly the same amount of magicka and stamina..
    Step 2: Drink food with 5k magicka bonus, cast orbs/shards
    Step 3: Drink food with 5k stamina bonus cast orbs/shards.

:dizzy:

Or have a 2 pc bonus completed on each bar - one with +Magicka, the other with +Stamina, and a dead even split otherwise.

Then you can hope you're on the right bar when you synergize to get the resource you need.

I'm not fond of the idea of freeing a spot on my healer's bar at the expense of burning my teammates in the process.

Leave Orbs for Magicka, and shards for Stamina, the way it is on live...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png

Nightblade
    • Shadow
      • Shadow Barrier: Increased this passive ability’s base duration of Major Ward and Major Resolve to 3/6 seconds from 2/4 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        Increasing the duration of this passive’s bonuses will improve the overall survivability of Nightblades. Heavy Armor, tank-focused Nightblades in particular should have a much smoother time maintaining nearly consistent uptime on these buffs with a combinations of abilities such as Refreshing Path or Summon Shades.
    • Siphoning
      • Siphoning Strikes: Fixed an issue where the heal from this ability and its morphs could not critically strike.

[/list]

Really liking the increased armor buff duration, it was quite annoying keeping major ward/resolve up in a 5/1/1 light armor set up, which only had a 5 second duration(only 1 heavy piece). with fear as my only regular shadow skill(can't spam shadow image), i can probably have a much better up time for armor buffs if i CC people on cooldown.

its still 25% time increase for every heavy armor piece right? making a 5/1/1 light armor set up have 6*1.25=7.5 sec of major ward/resolve? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you just delete the DK class instead of making it worse almost every patch?
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    230cb0e99577d00030b1f9fdff5f12.jpg

eaa7ecc2dfec7b817109e326cff8cb.png
    General
    • Key Fragments, found in Imperial City (and its sewers and dungeons), will now stack to 200.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you then change the amount required to open a door to 40 or 50? Just fits into 200 better.
  • Vincelex
    Vincelex
    ✭✭✭

I personally think making statements like this are a bit scary because where does it end with just saying "It's only x week and there is still time." More often than not time runs out without any proper response and many players will be unhappy. I really hope for the next patch there is not a response like "It's only the 3rd week of PTS and there are changes to be made" if issues addressed by players are not responded to. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Vincelex on April 24, 2017 6:59PM
    @Vincelex
    Dracarys
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's up with the Orb/Shards changes?o.O This is likely going to kill already rather niche magicka tanks(not to mention making it 100% impossible for a magicka build to gain stamina via synergies, but this generally won't ruin a build...unless you're a magicka tank). It's great you're trying to listen to the community but this is a step in the wrong direction.

You're talking about versatility but changes like this are basically pushing everyone, now even the tanks who have always had more leeway than other roles, into cookie cutter builds. Please try to make the people making these decisions understand that, @ZOS_GinaBruno :(

I'm not sure what the solution is tbh, I like the way it's on live where there's a guaranteed way to restore a certain resource (even if stamina one is class limited), but I absolutely approve of making stamina restore available to all classes but just...not like this. Even previous lowest % version was better overall I'd say.
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    REMEMBER THAT TIME ALKOSH WAS A GOOD PVE SET FOR STAMINA DPS BUT WAS SO OP IN PVP THAT THEY TOOK ITS ABILITY TO CRIT CAUSE ITS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TO OP. I REMEMBER THAT

REMEMBER THAT TIME PEOPLE WERE USING VMA DAGGERS TO DOT PEOPLE IN PVP SO WE HAD TO NERF THE DAMAGE FROM 3006 TO 2003.

I REMEMBER THAT.

REMEMBER WHEN VIGOR COULD HEAL YOU THROUGH OVERLAPPING MECHANICS IN VMOL HM AND YOU WOULD BE THE LAST TO DIE AS STAMINA DPS.

I REMEMBER THAT. WAS A GOOD TIME THERE IS SO MUCH REWARD FOR BRINGING STAMINA TO RAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHHA

HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ... if by chance I wanted stamina as a "magicka" player because, you know, ZoS made blocking and roll-dodging prohibitively expensive for those players not abusing the mechanics, does this mean I have to make it such that my magicka and stamina pool are exactly the same?

That way I get both!
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    230cb0e99577d00030b1f9fdff5f12.jpg

eaa7ecc2dfec7b817109e326cff8cb.png
    General
    • Key Fragments, found in Imperial City (and its sewers and dungeons), will now stack to 200.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, Does this mean chests require 200 keys to open, or the existing 60?
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, still a dumpster fire? Cool.

XBox NA
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. So the only viable MDK build is heavy attack spam. Got it. Great diversity you have there.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gina, I really hope that the team aren't considering rolling back some of the great class changes they're making unless there's data to support that.

Damage was simply too high, and sustain too low and unimportant. Might help to lift more of the NDA so people can get to grips with the concept.

Keep up the good work!
  • Ayonia
    Ayonia
    Soul Shriven
    Can nightblade cloak make us invisible to our group mates, please? This would really help us not get noticed for our non contribution to the group.

lol.. best response ever
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, still a dumpster fire? Cool.

Morrowind patch notes.

500da3d3eab1b3994ced5eb565d234582855031d.gif
    Edited by Ron_Burgundy_79 on April 24, 2017 7:08PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Shadow
    Shadow Barrier: Increased this passive ability’s base duration of Major Ward and Major Resolve to 3/6 seconds from 2/4 seconds.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoilerhide
    Increasing the duration of this passive’s bonuses will improve the overall survivability of Nightblades. Heavy Armor, tank-focused Nightblades in particular should have a much smoother time maintaining nearly consistent uptime on these buffs with a combinations of abilities such as Refreshing Path or Summon Shades.

Been waiting for this for like 2 years. It couldn't come a moment later either, with how expensive Shadow abilities are now and how severely limited reduced cost options are for tanking. Plus our inherent sustain is virtually non-existent now; Our class resource return was nerfed effectively by around 80% or so, plus the Constitution nerfs on top of it. A perfect player will still spend a quarter of their up-time on SA/LS just trying to recover its up-front cost. It completely baffles me as to why you would have such a hefty up-front cost on this when you explicitly stated this as an exemption for Warden's Netch on ESO Live. Seriously... NBs are the last class to need a nerf and you gutted their only true strength.

You guys realize you're driving the spread between DKs and NBs further, right? You're not balancing things out here, you're making it worse. If you're going to drive our sustain into the ground, at least make it so my Shades can physically pick up enemies and drag them over to me like an angry bouncer or something. At least then we'd have some utility to bring to a group.
    Edited by Autolycus on April 24, 2017 7:17PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno was the glitch with Morrowind housing interiors fixed?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont wanna PLAY WARDEN!!!...dont push me to play it...
    Edited by TheHsN on April 24, 2017 7:09PM
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭