PTS Patch Notes v3.0.1

• Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭
    sirtadzio wrote: »
    I like the adaptation that orbs can restore the highest resource pool of either stam OR mag- this is excellent for DPS. But what about my poor tank friends??!! Before I could send shards for stam and orbs for magica, depending on their need, now they'll only ever get one- especially looking at magica intensive tanks not getting stamina back from any allied source now. (Except from the minor stam recovery buff they could get from a warden healer I guess?)

But they are blocking : ( regen don't matter.
  • Cellentel
    Cellentel
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I like new changes to orbs and shards but...does that not making tank with higher magicka then stamina little problematic ?

Yes, I'm concerned about the implications of this for sword-and-shield magicka tanks (which are definitely a thing).
  • Incubusphan
    Incubusphan
    ✭✭
    I truly hope the next pts patch has the proper class tweaks you are promising. Truly... @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2hd crit rush dmg fixed, I am sure dozens of people will appreciate that.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so a couple small Warden changes.

Everyone wants more reverts or changes ASAP. But I think we all need to take a step back for a second. This stuff may not be doable in a week's time. We still have 5-6 weeks? Before anything goes live. So keep on giving feedback. I've seen a wonderful NB video explaining detriments of the last notes, now we need a DK and Templar one. Preferably showing both stam and magicka pro's and con's. I wish I had that ability. I wish Deltia would set aside the kleenex box and show us Temp changes like Gilliam did with NB's. That would go much further if he really loves/loved this game. Heck, do it even if you still don't plan to play again. It'll be a nice legacy to leave behind =/
    Edited by Dreyloch on April 24, 2017 6:14PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Littlebluelizard
    Littlebluelizard
    ✭✭✭
    Spear Shards: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restores Magicka or Stamina based on whichever has the highest maximum, instead of whichever has the largest missing percentage.

Ty!

Imagine being a tank, you're low magicka because you're trying to sustain your stamina, but you can't get more stamina because you're low magicka as well... LOL. Same for magicka DDs, sometimes you need to roll dodge you get low on stam...
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    I like new changes to orbs and shards but...does that not making tank with higher magicka then stamina little problematic ?

Yeah, at first I thought this is a good change, which it kind of is, but now my Templar Tank is still unable to take advantage of my healer's shards or orbs properly. Guess it's back to the drawing board.

At least the RNG is taken out of it now.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno which parts, if any, are included in and or lifted from the NDA?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno which will be restored by shards/orb if my magicka and stamina values are identical?
    NA ~ Izanerys (NB/Templar/Sorc): Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi (NB/Sorc): Zerg Squad / Banana Squad
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No nerfs to lich set or amberplasm and no more tweaks to siphoning strikes apart from being able to crit? you bare make even in resources from this ability even if you focus on spamming light atk for far too much in combat.
    Altmer Sorceror, magicka.
    Redguard Nightblade, stamina.
    Imperial Templar, stamina
    Redguard Warden, stamina

Aldmeri Dominion!
    PC EU
    PvP only
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I'm on PS4 so I can't get on PTS, but I was wondering how the changes to critical damage from stealth affect nightblade passives, as well as the racial bonuses that bosmer and khajiit get?
    Edited by ProbablePaul on April 24, 2017 6:23PM
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HAHAHAHA i knew they wouldn't listen. Once it goes to PTS, it's over. That's how it ships. RIP nightblade and templar.
    Or using any Set in the game that doesn't offer Sustain (i.e. Seducer's, etc.).

I mean, seriously; what would be the point of running any other Set in the game if you aren't using the 5x bonus from a sustain Set?

These changes are still outstandingly atrocious...

Guildmaster: The Nightshade Consortium Join us, and play your way, your style. A Solo-Player-friendly, casual, easy going Guild of adult Gamers just looking to enjoy all that ESO has to offer.
    Lasombra rule the Shadows. Obtenebration is our birthright. We are the voice behind the Throne, and all Kindred and Kine will bow to us, whether they know it or not.
    ~ Morte Ascendo ~
    I've been playing MMO's since they first emerged. EverQuest, Asheron's Call, Ultima Online... these are the games that got me hooked. ESO? Just a good MMORPG. It's not the best I've ever played, but it's not the worst either. I'll hit Level 40 this year, and I've been Gaming since 1985 when I got my Atari 2600 and my Commodore 64.That's 30+ years of proud Gaming history, and I have zero plans to stop until I die.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!
    https://www.twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I seriously would like to know why they added those research scrolls... Like it really is a stab in the back to us master Crafters

Can't agree. Only master crafters (and, presumably, those who pay good money to master crafters) can get these scrolls. It's a nice reward added to the list of what master crafters can get by doing writs.
    PC NA DC
    templar/mageblade
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Animal Companions
    Savage Beast: This passive ability now generates Ultimate when you cast an Animal Companion ability, instead of when you deal damage with an Animal Companion ability.
    Developer Comments:
    This change will make generating Ultimate from this passive more reliable for Wardens, as it can now proc off non-damaging Animal Companion abilities such as Betty Netch and Falcon’s Swiftness.

So steady, out of combat ulti gen?
    Edited by Jitterbug on April 24, 2017 6:41PM
  • KhaN_BE
    KhaN_BE
    ✭✭
    sirtadzio wrote: »
    I like the adaptation that orbs can restore the highest resource pool of either stam OR mag- this is excellent for DPS. But what about my poor tank friends??!! Before I could send shards for stam and orbs for magica, depending on their need, now they'll only ever get one- especially looking at magica intensive tanks not getting stamina back from any allied source now. (Except from the minor stam recovery buff they could get from a warden healer I guess?)

But they are blocking : ( regen don't matter.

<sarcasm>They want tanks to stop blocking all time... so what is the issue. You will have plenty of regen when not blocking.</sarcasm>

I have a two tanks with more magic than stam. I don't like this change at all.

Neither do I like the changes to blocking (being charged stamina twice as much). The change to Repentance is punishing for my DK tank only. My Templar tank will still benefit, if the Templar healer doesn't need Repentance in his rotation. At this point I have no opinion yet on the impact of the change to Battle Roar. Will evaluate that one when EU chars are copied over.