The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Writs Statistics

InvitationNotFound
InvitationNotFound
✭✭✭✭✭
Unfortunately, ZOS isn't providing much information regarding the master writs.
Therefore, it is up to the players to figure out how the drop rate is and how it can be improved.

As i did crafting dailies with all my crafting characters I have now completed around 1k crafting dailies during the last 20 days. I will share my statistics here and some information on the specific crafter (achievement state, research state, etc.)

Please feel free to contribute your own data as it might help in figuring out what the drop rates are and how they can be improved.

Diagram Explanation
I will post 3 diagrams for each character.
The first one shows how many master writs have been collected during the first 20 days.
The second shows the amount of vouchers these master writs were worth.
The third diagram shows how many vouchers have been collected in each category per day over 20 days.

1. Main Crafter
All traits have been researched.
All styles prior homestead have been learned.
All crafting achievements prior homestead have been collected.
Provisioning: Purple Gourmet: 9/31 (mostly low level missing), Purple Distillates: 16/31, Golden Recipes: 4/5

2_masterhokdg.png
2_vouchersmbjh0.png
2_per_daywbkk4.png

2. Crafter
Traits (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing): From 53, 31, 55 To 60, 37, 64
Styles: Basic Styles, Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, Daedric, Mercenary, Xivkyn, Skinchanger, Hollowjack, a few assassins league (4)
Achievements General: Most "General" Achievements which aren't bound to a style.
Achievements Alchemy: All prior homestead
Achievements Blacksmithing: Master Blacksmith
Achievements Clothier: Master Clothier
Achievements Enchanting: All prior homestead
Achievements Provisioning: All prior homestead (no gold recipes, only a few purple recipes)
Achievements Woodworking: Master Woodworker

1_masterkwj20.png
1_vouchers91jff.png
1_per_dayqdji2.png

3. Crafter
Traits (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing): From 51, 30, 49 to 61, 36, 61
Styles: Basic Styles, Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, Daedric, Mercenary, Skinchanger, Hollowjack, a few assassins league (4), Xivkyn partially
Achievements General: Most "General" Achievements which aren't bound to a style.
Achievements Provisioning: All prior homestead (no gold recipes, only a few purple recipes)

3_master3wkkm.png
3_vouchers5ekpt.png
3_per_daydkkq0.png

4. Crafter
Traits (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing): From 50, 30, 48 to 61, 36, 60
Styles: Basic Styles, Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, Daedric, Mercenary, Skinchanger, Hollowjack, a few assassins league (4), Xivkyn partially

4_master63jun.png
4_vouchersbhje1.png
4_per_dayisjvk.png

5. Crafter
Traits (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing): From 45, 28, 41 to 56, 35, 52

5_masterjjjtr.png
5_vouchersi9jny.png
5_per_daybgj78.png

6. Crafter
Traits (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing): From 46, 28, 46 to 58, 34, 58
Styles: Basic Styles, Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, Daedric, Mercenary, Skinchanger, Hollowjack, a few assassins league (4)

6_masterankmx.png
6_vouchers1mkf5.png
6_per_day3jkx9.png

7. Crafter
Traits (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing): From 46, 27, 41 to 58, 34, 53
Styles: Basic Styles, Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, Daedric, Mercenary, Skinchanger, Hollowjack, a few assassins league (4)

7_masterdxkm4.png
7_voucherspcjpc.png
7_per_day6lk6o.png

8. Crafter
Traits (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing): From 45, 28, 47 to 57, 34, 58
Styles: Basic Styles, Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, Daedric, Mercenary, Skinchanger, Hollowjack, a few assassins league (4), xivkyn (2)

8_masterdgje5.png
8_vouchers73kau.png
8_per_daykrjgg.png

9. Crafter
Traits (Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing): From 44, 28, 45 to 56, 35, 57
Styles: Basic Styles, Barbaric, Primal, Mercenary, Skinchanger, Hollowjack, a few assassins league (3)

9_master0ekug.png
9_vouchersxnkbu.png
9_per_dayo2joo.png

Total
t_masterpzk58.png
t_vouchersotkp8.png
t_per_day8rks0.png
Edited by InvitationNotFound on February 25, 2017 7:42PM
We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, sorry for the early post and the edit... had some browser issues.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stats...thanks!.

What I'd like to know is how your one character got the same number of Enchanter master writs as all 11 of my combined characters with maxed enchanting over the last 20 days. I'm at 11 Master Enchanting Writs out of 220 writs done (10%). Don't hog all the luck...throw some my way!
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So to get a voucher reward greater than 10 is a reasonably rare event and it looks like provisioning master writs are pretty well non-existent.

I've now done 5 days (PS4) worth of writs on 6 characters for 13 master writs with a grand total of a possible 56 vouchers - 11 of those vouchers I could not get because I did not know the styles.
    Edited by disintegr8 on February 25, 2017 9:47PM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else experiencing a reduced drop rate after the first week of homestead on their "master" crafter?
    Great stats...thanks!.

What I'd like to know is how your one character got the same number of Enchanter master writs as all 11 of my combined characters with maxed enchanting over the last 20 days. I'm at 11 Master Enchanting Writs out of 220 writs done (10%). Don't hog all the luck...throw some my way!

It looks pretty strange. And I have no idea why this char got so many enchanting master writs. Things like that make me believe something in the drop calculations is broken. E.g. a single achievement or style or whatever might drastically change your drop rate. Anyway, we will see if the drop rate continues at that rate :)
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    So to get a voucher reward greater than 10 is a reasonably rare event and it looks like provisioning master writs are pretty well non-existent.

I've now done 5 days (PS4) worth of writs on 6 characters for 13 master writs with a grand total of a possible 56 vouchers - 11 of those vouchers I could not get because I did not know the styles.

It seems pretty random what kind of voucher you get.
    Furthermore, I don't know what the issue is with the provisioning writs. I know many people who got some.
    According to a ZOS statement (not in the patch notes...) the amount of purple and yellow recipes you know will increase the drop rate. This is something I don't really like as I'd have to buy low level purple recipes to increase the drop rate...
    Anyway, I'm surprised that the drop rate was so low.

Addons:
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good idea to track what different people are getting. I'll keep a record of my crafter here and edit as I get new ones:

Writs since Feb 7 (single crafter, PC):

Alchemy: 2v (7), 5v (2)
    Enchanting: 2v (1), 5v (1)
    Provisioning:
    Clothing:
    Blacksmithing: 78v (1)
    Woodworking: 5v (1)
    Edited by aldriq on March 4, 2017 3:30PM
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else experiencing a reduced drop rate after the first week of homestead on their "master" crafter?

Furthermore, I don't know what the issue is with the provisioning writs. I know many people who got some.
    According to a ZOS statement (not in the patch notes...) the amount of purple and yellow recipes you know will increase the drop rate. This is something I don't really like as I'd have to buy low level purple recipes to increase the drop rate...

My Master crafter who can craft everything but about 16 motif pages from Silken and Mazzatun and has EVERY recipe in game has not only gone 0 for 36 this week, has NEVER seen a single provisioning MW. Across all 4 max crafters, I've gotten 1 MR worth 2 vouchers for the week. What I see is a bad system on top of bad math and ZOS just says, "RNG" and people take that for a real reason. It's pointless to collect motifs, skill up traits, memorize recipes or do anything else ZOS claims boosts chances.

1) It's not worth spending a thousand hours or 10M gold to get there to see a 1% bump up from zero.
    2) Even if you do have RNG gods in your favor, regardless of putting in the time you'll get 100 2 - 7v and your buddy with 4 traits and no motifs will land the 300 - 400s.
    3) Epic, 9-trait, Rare style costs 10x more to craft than the 2 whole vouchers would sell for in gold.

I'm stopping all writs until something tangible and believable comes out of the Dev. I realize that's probably unlikely.
    Edited by Jeth on February 26, 2017 8:48PM
    -Jeth
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great stats...thanks!.

It looks pretty strange. And I have no idea why this char got so many enchanting master writs. Things like that make me believe something in the drop calculations is broken. E.g. a single achievement or style or whatever might drastically change your drop rate. Anyway, we will see if the drop rate continues at that rate :)

My master crafter has learned every recipe I have found for the 18 months he has existed and knows dozens of purple recipes of all levels. He has also learned Psijic Ambrosia, all of the Orzunga recipes and all the 'event' recipes that have come and gone in that time. If he cannot get any provisioning master writs, there is something wrong.

Part of the issue might be that one/some (?) of the provisioning daily writs in the rotation only required CP50 recipes, so may not include the opportunity to earn a master writ as a reward. If this is the case, ESO need to change it.

Anyway - another 39 max level writs done yesterday for 1 master writ worth a whole...... 2 vouchers - woo hoo.
    Edited by disintegr8 on February 26, 2017 8:47PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 2.7.7 i see no difference in MW droprates between crafters. I divided them into two equal size sets: best ones and bad ones and all have done six daily writs one week. Then i calculated their overall droprates and they are within one percent point.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on mobile so cannot find the thread, but Gina posted that there is an issue with provisioning Master Writs being twice as rare as they should be and that it will be fixed. I suspect it might be related to the fact that about half of the regular writ calls for a CP 50 recipe.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is the quote:
    "That said, we recently discovered a bug that causes Provisioning Writs in particular to award Master Writs roughly half as often as intended. We are currently working on a fix, so you can expect these to appear a little more often once that fix is in."

In this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/322313/official-discussion-thread-for-homestead-guide-master-writs/p2

It also stated that only purple and gold recipe knowledge will influence provisioning MW chances - but until they fix the drop rate and we get some, we won't know.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my statistics so far;

vc1f4s1.jpg

Definite bias towards my main crafter for Smithing, Clothier & woodworking. Stats about the same for Enchanting & Alchemy when all characters have same achievements/skills.

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »

vc1f4s1.jpg

Definite bias towards my main crafter for Smithing, Clothier & woodworking. Stats about the same for Enchanting & Alchemy when all characters have same achievements/skills.

They are pretty high average voucher returns, even for 'others'. After 6 days (PS4), my average is less than 4 per MW.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vc1f4s1.jpg

They are pretty high average voucher returns, even for 'others'. After 6 days (PS4), my average is less than 4 per MW.

I wouldn't call 3% return high :o
    If you are referring to alchemy & enchanting, all my characters have completed all achievement for these 2, so they are all on a level playing field, which is reflected in the %MW drop rate.
    RNG can be a *** sometimes as I have gone 4 days in row without a writ on my main crafter, other days i have received 4 writs on her. Also the spread is not uniform, on my main crafter the breakdown is;

Blacksmith 6/17
    Clothing 4/17
    Woodworking 1/17

Theoretically they should have the same drop rate, as I know all achievements & traits for each craft and motifs are the same for all.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Great stats...thanks!.

I have every recipe on my main xb1 eu and still nothing?
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saxgooner wrote: »
    Great stats...thanks!.

I have every recipe on my main xb1 eu and still nothing?

Provisioning writs are a bit broken atm, has to do with some writ reward boxes having the same ID as the old writ reward boxes (which do not drop master writs).
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vc1f4s1.jpg

Thanks for posting. I should add some % values as well. Going to edit the original post at a later point as I currently don't have access to my writ data.

Addons: