Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

*spoiler* warden skills leaked!

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heals look more over time and less bursty, don't think templars need to worry. Also looks much more defensive rather than offensive.

I'm just a little disappointed. Was hoping for rooting vines. Was also hoping sleet storm would be a non ultimate that worked more like hurricane.

Morphs will be the deciding factor though
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe its fake, but then they went through a lot of trouble to create something like this.
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    Not overly enthused, was hoping for a bit more nature based mass demolition :/

Me too, hopefully some of the morphs will?
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eshja wrote: »
    I cannot wait for my warden bosmer nature healer. Finally I can be a spinner!!!!

I want it too, so much! Warden will be perfect for that, much better than nightblade ^^"

Omg I have a bosmer nightblade healer I use as my pseudo spinner. But it never feels right.
    To give it more of a greanspeaker flair I run chokethorn and gossamer along with alchemist to hit the spelldamage. Fully buffed I have over 4k spell damage over 2000 mag recovery and like 32000 magicka
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who doesn't like that the class has a tree for each role?

This is the tank tree, this is the DPS tree, this is a healing tree.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this is really it, my hype level went from 8 to 4... Basically a hybrid tank and healer class, meaning that most likely DKs will outperform in tanking and Templars will outperform in healing. For trials that is.

The skill names and their effects just sound like a very bad joke. Bees..? Seriously? Bees?
    Edited by Izaki on February 13, 2017 2:25PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    Xundiin wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I would like to know exactly where this was from, considering it appears to be written in British English, "Favourite" and not American 'Favorite' where the game is developed.

or Canadian english

or just actual English really...let's face it what they call "American English" is just words altered for baby spelling as they can't really understand it otherwise :)

Or the fact that American English was established before rules where established for Queens English.

lol, you do know Briton was around long before America was "discovered", do you know that much of the framework that established the start of American English was done on the texts of British English, which is why to fully understand the meaning many old American laws etc you need to understand the meaning attributed "then" on the basics of British English, rather than the attributed meaning now in American English.

Edited by b101uk on February 13, 2017 2:26PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that warden will more tanky witch CC (crowd control) and heals.

The only thing that worries me are "pets" - because it looks like pets will be warden's dps skills. ZOS needs to be carefully not to make then too strong and make them just "fire and forget" skills. Especially in PvP.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    No offensive frost skills. Gosh, It was predictable, but...

Because offensive Frost Magic will be there for Necromancers coming Q2/18 in Chapter II.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    b101uk wrote: »
    Xundiin wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I would like to know exactly where this was from, considering it appears to be written in British English, "Favourite" and not American 'Favorite' where the game is developed.

or Canadian english

or just actual English really...let's face it what they call "American English" is just words altered for baby spelling as they can't really understand it otherwise :)

Or the fact that American English was established before rules where established for Queens English.

lol, you do know Briton was around long before America was "discovered", do you know that much of the framework that established the start of American English was done on the texts of British English, which is why to fully understand the meaning many old American laws etc you need to understand the meaning attributed "then" on the basics of British English, rather than the attributed meaning now in American English.

Completely missed the point. American English and Queens English was the same thing.... a long time ago. Then the American colonies split from England and some time after that is when the rules where set into Queens English which is what you speak now. This is why most linguist that study languages state that American English is closer to old English than British English.

So in short.... England changed the rules that America didn't adopt.
    #SavePlayer1
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    The thing I've been dying to know is given the class name, can they collect bounties like guards do?
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I guess if the leak is spot on, we have all been duped. Most of us really wanted a frost mage or nature mage and we got neither. We got a summoner with boring animal summons, a frost tank that no one wanted and a healer that might or might not be on the same playing field as a templar.

:(

ZoS, please let us know that the leak is fake. It will make everyone feel better.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good hype info however we know last week was spent letting players test things and give feedback so the ideas may remain but everything as written, we know will be adjusted or change.

I wonder how this compares to closed Alpha assumptions

Hey guys, we can confirm that the information here is real. It's a scan from OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) that was just released last week. :)

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 13, 2017 4:36PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even handle reading those skill descriptions, nothing about that feels legitimate.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Goddammit, no frost build i guess, what a disappointment.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meri20098 wrote: »
    The thing I've been dying to know is given the class name, can they collect bounties like guards do?

It's a warden of the green, not a prison warden.
    Well, I guess if the leak is spot on, we have all been duped. Most of us really wanted a frost mage or nature mage and we got neither. We got a summoner with boring animal summons, a frost tank that no one wanted and a healer that might or might not be on the same playing field as a templar.

:(

ZoS, please let us know that the leak is fake. It will make everyone feel better.

Personally, what I wanted out of the warden class (since pretty launch when it was first pulled) was a caster with nature oriented magic. Between summoning vines, planting seeds, growing trees, sending bees to swarm my enemies, and potentially turning into a hawk of some sort to zip around quickly, not to mention having a proper animal pet via the bear ultimate, I'd say I'm getting just what I wanted.

Then, when they first revealed the warden with the morrowind trailer, my goals changed slightly. Now I can be a nature based caster frost tank, still using all those nature and pet abilities but with defensive frost Magic and now frost staffs as a tanking option. So again, I got what I wanted.

Regarding dps based frost mages, it just isn't on the cards anymore with the changes to frost staves. You can probably still build around it by using the two damage dealing warden frost skills (sleet storm and polar wind, possibly the frost spike spell too) and frost staff abilities, but you're going to be just like any other non min-max gimmick build. It's no different than trying to make a dps build with heavy armor or a shield, it might work but it will never be ideal.

These skill previews are very vague, have no indication of passives for the class, and no info on morphs. Everyone needs to chill until more info is revealed
    PS4 / NA
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone being such a pessimistic hater?

This definitely looks like the real deal!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, we can confirm that the information here is real. It's a scan from OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) that was just released last week. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now none of you doubt the queens English ever again!
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Assumed as much. I don't suppose we could get a rough time line on when more details regarding the skills, morphs, and passives might become available?
    PS4 / NA
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then it's settled, warden will most probably be my least favorite class in the game, i hate pets, and i do dps, i love frost builds, but it's for tanking, i really cannot explain the disappointment i am feeling right now with words.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The healing tree looks awesome. Sort of reminds me of Cleric from Rift in a way. Nature HoT's and buffs and the ability to port around to people? Awesome!

And the tanking rune that sucks in things that come too close to your healer? Oh yes. The whole tanking style looks much more active feedback which is refreshing.

Looking forward to it for sure.

Edited by Phinix1 on February 13, 2017 4:21PM
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

When can we see a zos description of the skills so we can start feedback threads and theory craft to our hearts content!?
    It seems to me though new off TONK class is warden though : P
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Then it's settled, warden will most probably be my least favorite class in the game, i hate pets, and i do dps, i love frost builds, but it's for tanking, i really cannot explain the disappointment i am feeling right now with words.
    This is my issue with the class so far, rather than mix role skills around they made one tree for each role which is kind of lame and limiting compared to others.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's all about the morphs. No conclusion can be reached until we know about the morphs.
    Edited by timidobserver on February 13, 2017 4:24PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, the warden only has one pet, and it's an ultimate. The other "pets" are just spells with animal-like animations.
    PS4 / NA
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really wanted a frost spammable, and an execute, that's all i wanted, and some passives to put frost damage on par with lightning and fire, but only on the warden, so there could have been some variety, but no, *** pets, as if a frost spike cannot kill you.... as if getting frostbitten cannot do damage to you.
    Edited by JinMori on February 13, 2017 4:29PM
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tanking tree really wasn't a surprise, given the changes to ice staff.

The healing side disappoints me. Not the fact that they are heal-over-time abilities, as those are very powerful in the right hands, and in my opinion the Templar's Breath of Life has become more of a crutch in PvE than a genuine bonus. Heal-over-time skills are awesome.

But Templar is considered the best because of the resource management they can provide. Warden only has one resource management skill, the Bull Netch, and by the description it only helps the Warden. To compete with the Templar, this is what needs to change.

You can heal effectively using only the restoration staff skills for the actual heals. I have done it in all the Craglorn veteran trials on my Dragonknight. It's the group utility that makes a difference for each class, and the Warden's group utility is more in line with tanking like a Dragonknight than healing like a Templar.
    Edited by SolarCat02 on February 13, 2017 4:29PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, a while back- I proposed a stamina-based healing class...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/309619/food-for-thought-stamina-healer/p1

You think with all these "green healing" skills... it might be stamina morphs?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even with these fleshed out descriptions I still feel thoroughly underwhelmed.