The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

*spoiler* warden skills leaked!

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nallenil wrote: »
    The class should be called "druid" and not "warden" in my opinion.

Wardens of the green are, a major lore element in elder scrolls
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was somewhat hyped for Warden before this.

Am equally hyped now - and now I can start thinking about a basic build.

All's good.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the link OP. I'm no longer interested in playing this class.
    This was my first reaction. "Yes, a pet build and... I... oh, wait... I'm literally just summon random pets now and I'm not using able to train them up like almost every other MMO and really bond with my pet? It's just a skill? This... this isn't what I wanted at all!""

I wanted a proper pet build class. That's always been my "go to" but... I dunno. On paper the pet skills seems horrible.
    Options
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    Man, sometimes it seems like these forums only exist for people to complain. That seems to be all I am seeing here.

We hardly even know anything about the class yet people, how can you already be "disappointed." For crying out loud, this is clearly just some basic, romanticized summary of the skills in their early development written for the sole purpose of generating hype for Morrowind. It isn't met to explain the technical function of the skills or be the actual tooltips. From reading this you can't even determine what skill is meant to be the class spamable (or if there will even be one), what skills are meant to be hard CCs, what skills will be dots or instant, etc. We don't even have any details about the morphs! And even if it did have that level of detail we are still months away from the finalized versions of these skills.

Sure this gives us some basic understanding of the intent behind the class (tanky, healer type) but we can't glean much more than that from these simple, artistic descriptions generated merely for advertising purposes. Let's wait until we get some full details (and even then we should actually wait until we see the class in action) before making any judgments.

Normally, I would agree. But in this case, we were all on our hands and knees begging for frost dps and more nature tailored skills that wasn't only about healing.

What we received was something completely opposite. Almost insultingly so. Hopefully, more details released will bring back the hype.

I haven't lost complete hope. :)

Well there are those arguing about spell crafting so does it matter really?
    Classes aren't often a bag of tricks that change every 6 months

Spell crafting probably won't be coming for another 3+ years. That's essentially another slap in the face.

Meh, once again, I'll "try" to be open minded lol.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious how the bird of prey skill will work
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does this seem like a mix of the current 4 classes save for a couple trademark abilities (cloak, cleanse).
    Options
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »

Who's the #1 superpower in the world? Who isn't anymore? Oh yeah that's right

and that #1 superpower in the world still has to use British English with Oxford spelling (twelfth edition) in text at the UN in New York, because resolutions at the UN can't be in American English, given the bastardisation in meaning of some American English words or phrases vs their more widely used British English counterparts.

un.org/en/search/user_help.shtml

dd.dgacm.org/editorialmanual/ed-guidelines/style/spelling.htm
    Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the first frost skills says give your friends a nice heal or deal nasty damage.

Does that mean it's a heal vs dps morph or is it an ice version of strife which does both?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The frost damage morphs will have some offensive capability to it.

To be able to effectively be a frost mage with a Warden you'll have to mix and match Frost Destruction Staff skills along with select few Winter's Embrace skills. Just like any other build.
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
    Options
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Then it's settled, warden will most probably be my least favorite class in the game, i hate pets, and i do dps, i love frost builds, but it's for tanking, i really cannot explain the disappointment i am feeling right now with words.

The class seems just meh to me. Now i understand why they didn't add it at launch. But adding it to Morrowind kind of justifies calling it an expansion/chapter to charge for it. The only thing that sounds cool about it is the netch that regens your stamina. Probably by a small amount though.
    Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Is it just me or does this seem like a mix of the current 4 classes save for a couple trademark abilities (cloak, cleanse).

I don't really see anything like the Nightblade in here, but I definitely see the similarities to the other three.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know? I do not need 15th character slot anymore.
    1 bosmer spinner heal.
    1 whoever frost mage tank or.... just frost mage.
    DD concept on pet summons... meh, not for me.
    Options
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I foresee Bow build Bosmer Hunters being popular in PVP. The bear and the bird of prey will be amazing.
    Templar Extraordinaire
    Options
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    All these reactions to the descriptions give me very strong flashbacks to when the destro ult was on PTS... except this time we have even less information.

Cool it with the kneejerk reactions people.

I'm curious to see this new control system for the bear, mostly because I'm hoping it'll get applied to other classes as well. Even though I've never enjoyed pet builds, it would be nice to know that there's someone out there use the daedric summoning tree effectively (and @Vaoh doesn't count :D )
    Options
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 question. Is the class going to be free to play or do you have to buy the expansion to play it?
    Options
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the Warden has a source of cleanse and major mending. If not, purge will be mandatory.
    Templar Extraordinaire
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »
    1 question. Is the class going to be free to play or do you have to buy the expansion to play it?

Warden comes with the expansion as confirmed by Rich during the Twitch announcement.
    Options
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can't say I'm surprised at the abilities. I figured the class would end up more focused on tanking and healing. Oh well, no viable cyromancer DPS class after all - most of the ice abilities are defensive :s . Gonna be sticking with my mag sorc through Morrowind this year.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    Options
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    SanSan wrote: »

Warden comes with the expansion as confirmed by Rich during the Twitch announcement.

Awhh :l Guess i'll start saving up.
    Options
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I'll stick with my sorcerer. This class doesn't look like it's going to be fun at all.

Underwhelmed.
    Edited by Molydeus on February 13, 2017 9:56PM
    Options
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds so good, almost too good. I'm sure though, that if you had that team of writers describe every class -- even abilities like Agony would sound usable.
    Edited by SnubbS on February 13, 2017 8:51PM
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we go by the norm on live, every skill tree will have at least one stamina morph. That means that it is highly likely that there will be a stamina heal in the green balance tree.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    I really wanted a frost spammable, and an execute, that's all i wanted, and some passives to put frost damage on par with lightning and fire, but only on the warden, so there could have been some variety, but no, *** pets, as if a frost spike cannot kill you.... as if getting frostbitten cannot do damage to you.

I'm pretty sure we're either getting Frost DPS via Spellcrafting or the Necromancer class.

Oh, wow 5 years from now? thanks....
    Yes, right now i'm salty as ***, from the disappointment.

So use, a frost staff with polar wind and sleet storm and destruction staff spells, and don't take the taunting passive.

It was unrealistic to expect an entire frost damage trre, especially after the changes to make frost staves more defensive.

I could do that' but it wouldn't be competitive, i would like to have a competitive frost build, even if it's only on warden.

And I'd like a competitive 1h/shield dps build, but it's not realistic to expect that either.

You are being a bit dishonest here, because everyone knows that if you have a one hand and shield you shouldn't probably do dps, because a shield is for defensive purpose, but frost? frost can kill, you can get frostbitten, you can get impaled with an ice spike, you can summon a blizzard etc...

SnB board uses both a shield AND a sword.

So the sword can still slice, thrust and cut and the shield is also a weapon used for bashing.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks good. I loved restoration druid in wow, so templar was kinda turn off for me.
    Finally, a class that seems to be able to satisfy me.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading the skill line names without any numbers to associate with them makes it impossible to tell how effective anything will be . It looks like the Warden got a pretty good mix of tools and is worth leveling one to test . Stam Warden maybe a fun build .
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we go by the norm on live, every skill tree will have at least one stamina morph. That means that it is highly likely that there will be a stamina heal in the green balance tree.

More likely there will be a stamina morph of green lotus to give you major brutality instead of major prophecy (or, better yet, in addition to, I need both buffs for a proper hybrid build, dk is the only class that has both in one ability right now)
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Stam Wardens are going to perform better than Frost Mages. However, in PVP, warden bombers are going to be tank and root you with the frost destro ulti
    Templar Extraordinaire
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Stam Wardens are going to perform better than Frost Mages. However, in PVP, warden bombers are going to be tank and root you with the frost destro ulti

There's no indication that the ultimate roots enemies, only that it damages enemies and protects allies.
    PS4 / NA
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frozen Device, if it doesn't give CC immunity I'm going to ruin peoples Day with that...

Drop it a area say....for example a Mile Gate...run alway to the top and wait...you step on it and appear next to me....I shoot your ass off with a Knockback

Good times

Options
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/uYnlzpSSevM

Sorry, It just popped in my head rofl...
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
    Options