The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

*spoiler* warden skills leaked!

• subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    theher0not wrote: »
    If we go by the norm on live, every skill tree will have at least one stamina morph. That means that it is highly likely that there will be a stamina heal in the green balance tree.

I hope you are right, but I doubt it. My DK has a total of 3 skills that can be morphed into stamina(fire breath, fire claw and Magma armor) and one aditional skill that benefits stamina(dragon blood). The rest is magica only.

Because stamina has the majority of everything else.

You stam guys just choose cookie cutter builds when in reality, you have more options.
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait. I'll be grinding 2x wardens- one magicka and one stamina.

Looks like it will be an interesting class to play, a bit of a mix of all other classes with a bit of its own flavour. Hope the animations look really cool.

Looking forward to actually seeing what these abilities look/play like when MOrrowind drops to PTS!
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    The tanking tree really wasn't a surprise, given the changes to ice staff.

The healing side disappoints me. Not the fact that they are heal-over-time abilities, as those are very powerful in the right hands, and in my opinion the Templar's Breath of Life has become more of a crutch in PvE than a genuine bonus. Heal-over-time skills are awesome.

But Templar is considered the best because of the resource management they can provide. Warden only has one resource management skill, the Bull Netch, and by the description it only helps the Warden. To compete with the Templar, this is what needs to change.

You can heal effectively using only the restoration staff skills for the actual heals. I have done it in all the Craglorn veteran trials on my Dragonknight. It's the group utility that makes a difference for each class, and the Warden's group utility is more in line with tanking like a Dragonknight than healing like a Templar.

I echo this sentiment completely, class looks fantastic but the lack of stamina/magicka group regen with the healing line was the first thing that came to mind, too. I'm glad the skill line has plenty of heals, but the lack of utility is making me real nervous. Here's hoping, and fingers crossed, for morphs that change this.
  • kenneth.friisb16_ESO
    Hey guys, we can confirm that the information here is real. It's a scan from OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) that was just released last week. :)

Then it seems I'm only getting ESO: Morrowind for Vardenfell. Might make a Warden to try it out, but if the only permanent summon is a bear, then it loses the appeal for me. :/

Then again, I would have bought it just for Vardenfell :smiley:
    PC-EU
    Dastan Kingfrey - Gentleman Thief, Adventurer and Philanthropist
    Kenneth Kingfrey - Spellsword, member of the Mages Guild
    Thurin Hammerhand - Northern Warden, Traveller and NOT a dwarf
    Kenneth Willysson - Wanderer, Mountaineer and Swinger of Axes

PS4-EU
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, we can confirm that the information here is real. It's a scan from OXM (Official Xbox Magazine) that was just released last week. :)

Then it seems I'm only getting ESO: Morrowind for Vardenfell. Might make a Warden to try it out, but if the only permanent summon is a bear, then it loses the appeal for me. :/

Then again, I would have bought it just for Vardenfell :smiley:

Thank god that the bear is the only permanent summon.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this class is a capable tank and reasonable healer I am all over it. I love tanking and healing in eso, so this will be perfect for me.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can see I will now be having two characters I play alot. My Templar and my Warden.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll need to see the morphs and such before I decide whether or not to roll one.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Frozen Device, if it doesn't give CC immunity I'm going to ruin peoples Day with that...

Drop it a area say....for example a Mile Gate...run alway to the top and wait...you step on it and appear next to me....I shoot your ass off with a Knockback

Good times

yeah i mentioned it beinging a troll skill afew posts back.
    Get a couple wardens to drop it on a keep flag
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if that is the skill lines I am very disappointed with winter embrace
    Ive benw anting to be a frost DD mage since before launch

added but I don't think that's a real

Edited by lucky_Sage on February 14, 2017 2:36PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg this freaking post was about the warden can y'all please stop going on about some random bull that started over accents that is not what this forum is about. Your not even talking about the warden or eso so WHO CARES.

*rumble grumble* fillin my thread with nonsense
    I wholeheartedly agree!

I was scrolling through the thread and thought i had accidentally clicked a link to another thread :#

Anyway, back to the topic:

I'm exited to see what he morphs of the abilities will do. I read the magazine article again, and even though it's seemingly only the bear that's a permanent summon, it still looks like an interesting class to try out :smile:

Thank you! I have no idea how it devolved to such nonsense! I'm mostly excited for the green balance tree I am pumped for a new variety of healer. Ill be freaking my stam nb bowbuild. And my mag nb healer.
  • kenneth.friisb16_ESO
    I'm thinking a heavy armored frost knight with a way to big two-handed sword, charging in and freezing everybody!! :smiley:

Kinda makes me regret I didn't spring for the frostcaster motif... oh well :wink:
    Edited by kenneth.friisb16_ESO on February 14, 2017 2:35PM
    PC-EU
    Dastan Kingfrey - Gentleman Thief, Adventurer and Philanthropist
    Kenneth Kingfrey - Spellsword, member of the Mages Guild
    Thurin Hammerhand - Northern Warden, Traveller and NOT a dwarf
    Kenneth Willysson - Wanderer, Mountaineer and Swinger of Axes

PS4-EU
  • Wanderer202
    Wanderer202
    ✭✭
    BoT, It still has yet to be seen if perhaps the Bear Ultimate can possibly become another type of animal companion either through one of its morphs, or through companion skins. We have no idea at this point what any of the skill morphs look like, and it is clearly not the first time that a morph of a summon allowed you to summon a completely different creature than the original.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    I really wanted a frost spammable, and an execute, that's all i wanted, and some passives to put frost damage on par with lightning and fire, but only on the warden, so there could have been some variety, but no, *** pets, as if a frost spike cannot kill you.... as if getting frostbitten cannot do damage to you.

I'm pretty sure we're either getting Frost DPS via Spellcrafting or the Necromancer class.

Oh, wow 5 years from now? thanks....
    Yes, right now i'm salty as ***, from the disappointment.

I'm the same way and if they tie Range frost DD to necro I would be even more annoyed I hate necromancy classes
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Rakshat
    Rakshat
    ✭✭✭
    Sooo, why is this called a Warden and not a Druid?
    Raven Ashcrown
    GM of CRIMSON MALICE
    Proud member of: BATMAN BRIGADE and TEAM SUICIDE SQUAD

R.I.P. Wabbajack
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakshat wrote: »
    Sooo, why is this called a Warden and not a Druid?

Wardens of the Green
    A tale of the Green Lady and the Silvenar
    The hunter waits in the boughs, clad only in leaves and shadow. She breathes as the wind shifts, and listens.
    Her quarry's fear grows thicker than the canopy. A glance, a turn, and it breaks cover. Her eyes open.
    Footsteps, muffled as owl's wings, beat softly through the Green. Any other would lose the quarry to the vineswept earth, yet the hunter does not waver.
    Over and through the forest goes the silent chase. Briefly, the hunter alights upon a branch. A quick pull from her waterskin and she is off once more.
    A stream bubbles through the wood and the quarry stops to drink. Claw leaves scabbard, slick and shining. Teeth bare with anticipation. She leaps.
    A sirocco of splashes. Claw meets neck. The quarry relents. A moment more would see crimson intrude upon the stream's mirth. She licks her lips.
    "Not this one."
    At the stream's edge stands a simple Mer. In his silhouette stands every woodsman, hunter, and guide; every jaqspur, every treethane and spinner. Every child and every elder stand with him, yet he stands alone.
    Her hunter's gaze meets his. She sees herself beside him, too. She blushes, and so does he. "My Silvenar," she says at last. "My Green Lady," he responds in turn. She lowers her claw and turns to the quarry.
    "In stalking these woods, in keeping them free of terrors, I lose myself to the Green." She helps the quarry to its feet.
    "But I will always bring her back," says the Silvenar. "You have nothing to fear from us, child of the forest. So long as there is the Green, we walk where you walk."
    The Silvenar vanishes among vines. The Green Lady leaps for the boughs. She watches the Bosmer trudge out of the stream and continue through the forest.
    But she smiles, for the Bosmer is no longer afraid.
  • Phatmattfu
    Phatmattfu
    ✭✭✭
    Slightly underwhelmed, but Warden will still be my new main.

Moles and Netches? That's the best you could come up with? Getting puked on by a netch doesn't seem fun.

Hopefully one of the morphs brings in some wolves. Possibly cliffracer skill.
    But as long as that badass bear is by my side i'll be rocking Warden all day!
  • JesterH
    JesterH
    ✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »

Already confirmed to be real
    "We Know"
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    I can see I will now be having two characters I play alot. My Templar and my Warden.

Honestly, Warden is just Templar 2.0 from what I see in the skill descriptions. It has all of the things that Templar have been asking for since launch like control abilities, mobility, and CC. My Templar will probably be dps and Warden will become my healer and/tank.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm very hopeful that even if the frost skills seem mid ranged to short ranged like DKs, they'll have dps morphs. I'd be okay with that. I've never been a fan of dots ( especially with no dot counter kn console's) so DKs have never been "my thing". Plus, most of the ice gear seems to be melee ranged anyway.

I'll be perfectly fine with a short ranged ice mage though, charging into battle with a bear and cliffracer.

Come on ZoS. Just give us the damn morphs!
    Edited by subtlezeroub17_ESO on February 14, 2017 3:19PM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JesterH wrote: »
    lucky_Sage wrote: »

Already confirmed to be real

yeah I found out lol

I really hope those awful descriptions are just written bad
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Honestly, Warden is just Templar 2.0 from what I see in the skill descriptions. It has all of the things that Templar have been asking for since launch like control abilities, mobility, and CC. My Templar will probably be dps and Warden will become my healer and/tank.

To be fair, it looks like Wardens are about support while Templars are about pure output. They'll probably both have their nitches though.

I doubt they'll give wardens many AoE heals and cleanses like Templars. Though they might in turn have more buffs and debuffs to throw around.

Trust me, I was a tad (okay, VERY) disappointed at first but now I'm trying to see the best of what we can make of the class. I still have faith in zos.
    Edited by subtlezeroub17_ESO on February 14, 2017 3:36PM
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are also just the base skills.

The morphs and especially passives are what really add the flavor to the class, so hopefully those will really flesh it out. I am hoping for a strong group support class personally - but I am certainly biased! :)
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    My Bosmer "hunter" as a stam sorcerer has never felt right. The Guardian seems like a much better way to go about it! I'm looking forward to this new class.
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, Warden is just Templar 2.0 from what I see in the skill descriptions.

That's the reason why Warden was scrapped for launch.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is here to discuss Warden Class, and we ask that conversations occurring here stay on topic.
    Staff Post
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Honestly, Warden is just Templar 2.0 from what I see in the skill descriptions..

Totally see your point.

The difference for me being the rationale behind the skills, the "feel" of the skills. Templar feels like a slightly modified Cleric (AD&D) or Paladin (WoW) and Warden seems to be heading towards how Druids were in AD&D and WoW and more importantly for me how they were in WFRP (one of my favourite TTRPGs of all time).

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on February 14, 2017 4:58PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar 2.0, but with not nearly as cool damage dealing abilities.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jesus christ....

The warden will heal tank and dps just like ALL OTHER CLASSES are able to do. And yes they will perform each role in proper end game just like ALL OTHER CLASSES in the game.

Stop trying to *** shoe horn it into some specifically desgined role in pve.

And tl be more specific a Warden will heal, just as awesomely as a nb, sorc, or dk healer can provided the proper group makeup, despite what you all chose to believe.

Its not a damn "hybrid" of the other 4 classes in the game ffs. You coukd nearly write a similarly styled skill description like the one from the OXM scan for warden for any currently existing class in the game now and it would garner the same assumption.... A multi faceted class with healing capabilities, defensive tools and damage dealing options..

It is not a templar 2.0
    It is not a hybrid of the current 4 classes
    It is not exclusively a tank/healer class
    It is not exclusively a pet focus summoning class
    It is not exclusively a pure healing/dps hybrid class
    It is not exclusively a pure tank
    It is not exclusively a pure dps
    It is not exclusively a pure healer.

There will be magicka warden dps
    There will be magicka warden healers
    There will be stamina warden tanks
    There will be stamina warden dps

Period
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar 2.0, but with not nearly as cool damage dealing abilities.

That's really a matter of opinion. I like spears and polearms but I've always hated the templar spear abilities. Sunmage was cool but just a novelty really.

On the flip side, my warden will be throwing out bees and ice storms while my bear mauls things. That seems much cooler to me
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank