The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Food for thought: Stamina Healer

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, I've noticed that there's really only one role in this game that doesn't have an option for stamina. Healing. You've got stamina and magicka tanks, stamina and magicka DDs, and only magicka healers...

Perhaps if ZoS releases the Warden class- it could have some sort of stamina heal (besides the obvious Vigor)... like Green Balance? Something that uses stamina to heal the whole group. I just think it's strange that we don't have a stamina-based healer option. I know it sounds weird- but it's a strange as saying "Stamina Sorcerer". :D
Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly if half the skills in this game weren't as useless as they are (bone shield, blood altar, etc) I'm sure a stamina healer build could become a thing
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Sogreth
    Sogreth
    ✭✭✭
    I would EFFING LOVE THAT.

I play a Healing Bowplar. But hybrid classes are complete garbage here. Having to split stats between Stam and Mag makes your character terribad.

I still enjoy it, i have fun with him. But having a healer class based off of Stam would be a lot of fun.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I thought Sorc healers were bad
    #MOREORBS
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina skills are physical, so how would this work? Apply bandages? Sounds like a bad idea.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    So, I've noticed that there's really only one role in this game that doesn't have an option for stamina. Healing. You've got stamina and magicka tanks, stamina and magicka DDs, and only magicka healers...

Perhaps if ZoS releases the Warden class- it could have some sort of stamina heal (besides the obvious Vigor)... like Green Balance? Something that uses stamina to heal the whole group. I just think it's strange that we don't have a stamina-based healer option. I know it sounds weird- but it's a strange as saying "Stamina Sorcerer". :D

STAMINA HEALS = VIGOR MOFO.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    Honestly if half the skills in this game weren't as useless as they are (bone shield, blood altar, etc) I'm sure a stamina healer build could become a thing

I dunno, man, Bone Shield is actually a pretty sexy skill.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I don't think stam healing makes sense. Mag templar has not only the best heals but also some very good mag based dps
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina skills are physical, so how would this work? Apply bandages? Sounds like a bad idea.

Yeah- because everything in this game makes sense. My mDK heals himself by burning people with fire... ;)

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah- because everything in this game makes sense. My mDK heals himself by burning people with fire... ;)

Because you are casting a spell. That actually makes sense. You wanna cast a spell that's not magic though.
  • Bumblebeelzebub
    Bumblebeelzebub
    ✭✭✭

Maybe the flavour could have something to do with potions or salves being applied melee range or antidotes and cures being applied via a dart or arrow. Maybe hucking packets of healing herbs at people could be a thing? I dunno.

There's a stamina ability already that lets you absorb damage for an ally (Alliance War line?). There could be a fun synergy there.
    Edited by Bumblebeelzebub on December 20, 2016 6:13PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because you are casting a spell. That actually makes sense. You wanna cast a spell that's not magic though.

There's a bunch of "spells" in this game that are stamina based. Look at Vigor. It's a close-ranged AOE heal that's stamina based. I'm talking about adding a few stamina-based larger AOE heals and perhaps some stamina-based single target heals. I'm not sure what your confusion is on this. Stamina-based spells have existed in this game since beta...

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to point out that magic spells are generally not covered under your health insurance plan.

i.e., The real world has plenty of non-magic physical-style healing. I am sure something could work for stamina healing. Especially since Tamriel's physical abilities are much more magical/fantastical than the real world already.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Bumblebeelzebub
    Bumblebeelzebub
    ✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    I would like to point out that magic spells are generally not covered under your health insurance plan.

Except in Canada.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Vigour is a spell that is not magicka...and that heals

does it make sense yet?
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is food for thought, then I've lost my appetite... I not a fan of this idea... but to each their own.
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a bunch of "spells" in this game that are stamina based. Look at Vigor. It's a close-ranged AOE heal that's stamina based. I'm talking about adding a few stamina-based larger AOE heals and perhaps some stamina-based single target heals. I'm not sure what your confusion is on this. Stamina-based spells have existed in this game since beta...

These are some singular spells, most of them crutches because there is no other way to do it. But you are asking to make an entire playstyle out of it. "Green Balance" sounds like a spell to me, just because nature is green and stamina is green doesn't make it fit. I just don't think it would fit in the game to have an actual caster that uses stamina spells. Potions might work or bandages with a long cast time, I just don't think it would be worth it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sogreth wrote: »

I play a Healing Bowplar. But hybrid classes are complete garbage here. Having to split stats between Stam and Mag makes your character terribad.

I still enjoy it, i have fun with him. But having a healer class based off of Stam would be a lot of fun.

How can one be so excited about a stam healed without knowing anything about it. The class could end up worse that a sorc healer for healing anytime by serious.
  • Bumblebeelzebub
    Bumblebeelzebub
    ✭✭✭
    These are some singular spells, most of them crutches because there is no other way to do it. But you are asking to make an entire playstyle out of it. "Green Balance" sounds like a spell to me, just because nature is green and stamina is green doesn't make it fit. I just don't think it would fit in the game to have an actual caster that uses stamina spells. Potions might work or bandages with a long cast time, I just don't think it would be worth it.

I don't think it's impossible.

- Healing darts (range)
    - Healing salve (melee)
    - Healing herbs (thrown AoE)

The more I think about it the more I'd like to see a stam healer similar to the Operative healer in Star Wars (SWTOR).

• Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sogreth wrote: »

How can one be so excited about a stam healed without knowing anything about it. The class could end up worse that a sorc healer for healing anytime by serious.

@Giles.floydub17_ESO

Yeah... but remember when the concept of a Stam Sorc was this weird, redheaded stepchild when ESO first came out? After a few tweaks- it's now a very powerful build. Try to keep an open mind.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think it's impossible.

- Healing darts (range)
    - Healing salve (melee)
    - Healing herbs (thrown AoE)

The more I think about it the more I'd like to see a stam healer similar to the Operative healer in Star Wars (SWTOR).

SWTOR healing doesnt work in this game. Additionally, if all it can do is heal then it's pointless. Obviously it can provide dps but is must has some buffs.

Further, without a weapon to support it it'll probably struggle.

Healing in this game is constant hots, buffing then add a little dps. Rinse and repeat. An occasional instant heal.
    Edited by idk on December 20, 2016 6:31PM
  • Bumblebeelzebub
    Bumblebeelzebub
    ✭✭✭

SWTOR healing doesnt work in this game. Additionally, if all it can do is heal then it's pointless. Obviously it can provide dps but is must has some buffs.

Further, without a weapon to support it it'll probably struggle.

Who says that healing has to be all it can do? Fire CCs and debuffs from darts as well. Packets of poisonous spore clouds could be thrown to do similar effects.

Why wouldn't there be a weapon? Heavy attacks from any normal weapon would restore your stamina. The bow would be great for a class like I'm describing. Also that could be another source of damage and CC.

Get creative, yo.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvm
    Edited by idk on December 20, 2016 6:55PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Massages
    Hugs
    Kiss the booboo

All physical heals :wink:
    Edited by Tryxus on December 20, 2016 7:05PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Vigour is a spell that is not magicka...and that heals

does it make sense yet?

Hmmmm... nope. Better nerf Vigor then.

:trollface:
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Def not.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Bumblebeelzebub
    Bumblebeelzebub
    ✭✭✭
    No. Def not.

Yes. Def ya.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

Massages
    Hugs
    Kiss the booboo

All physical heals :wink:

@Tryxus

I wonder what kind of physical heal "Vigor" is? Flex and let stinky armpits heal all those surrounding you..?

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina heals? Sure, why not. Tamriel is a weird place, where you heal yourself by burning others, heal yourself by sucking the life out of people, or even by yelling and throwing your arms in the air...

What I'd like to see more than just a stamina healer is a stamina support/buff class that, by applying preventative skills and having good planning/timing can keep a team alive. That might be more interesting/believable than a line of skills that are stamina-based but look and feel just like magicka skills...
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Def not.

Yes. Def ya.

Roll a mag character if you want to heal that badly... pretty simple heh
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Hateanthem
    Hateanthem
    ✭✭✭✭
    The stamina heal will be throwing IFAKS at everyone in the group. Wind up animation like a baseball pitch.