The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

*spoiler* warden skills leaked!

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Frozen Device, if it doesn't give CC immunity I'm going to ruin peoples Day with that...

Drop it a area say....for example a Mile Gate...run alway to the top and wait...you step on it and appear next to me....I shoot your ass off with a Knockback

Good times

I was thinking this same thing.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Frozen Device, if it doesn't give CC immunity I'm going to ruin peoples Day with that...

Drop it a area say....for example a Mile Gate...run alway to the top and wait...you step on it and appear next to me....I shoot your ass off with a Knockback

Good times

I was thinking this same thing.

OMG... Warden is not out yet and already there are some OP tactics...
    Now imagine 30 vs 30 vs 30 group in PvP (one big battle, red vs blue vs yellow) and everybody plays Warden (and has a summoned bear) and places this trap...
    Play Benny Hill music !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on February 13, 2017 10:03PM
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I think Stam Wardens are going to perform better than Frost Mages. However, in PVP, warden bombers are going to be tank and root you with the frost destro ulti

There's no indication that the ultimate roots enemies, only that it damages enemies and protects allies.

I'm talking about Frost Destro Ulti. Which I imagine will still perform better than the new one
    PC and PS4 (bring back character transfers please?)
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • amasuriel
    amasuriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    It gives me some hope warden won't be overpowered, since this game is all about DPS, DPS, and have your tried DPS? Maybe solve it with DPS. Unless the couple damaging frost skills or summons are crazy overpowered, this will be a class with a lot of nifty utility that nobody ever uses, like Templar.

It would be cool if not all hard content was about stacking as much DPS as possible, but ESO is so far down that road it's unlikely to change.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Good times

And then someone ports up with CC immunity and destro ULT popped.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good times

And then someone ports up with CC immunity and destro ULT popped.

Good thing for ranged KBs.
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amasuriel wrote: »
    It gives me some hope warden won't be overpowered, since this game is all about DPS, DPS, and have your tried DPS? Maybe solve it with DPS. Unless the couple damaging frost skills or summons are crazy overpowered, this will be a class with a lot of nifty utility that nobody ever uses, like Templar.

It would be cool if not all hard content was about stacking as much DPS as possible, but ESO is so far down that road it's unlikely to change.

This is how I feel as well. Besides Templar acting as healbots. There is a huge lack of support influencing the game. I welcome the warden due to this. Everything being about DPS is boring.
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The animal companion line isn't what I was expecting but I like it. And their other stuff.

I'm slightly more inclined to pre-order after reading this.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gah! A cliff racer ability! I was just finally getting over the nightmares from Morrowind!
  • Henryc1t807
    Henryc1t807
    ✭✭
    Frost tanking ftw
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another thing that i really don't like about the warden right now, is the fact that you're character isn't really strong himself, it deals damage thanks to external resources (pets), this is a personal preference, but i always preferred if my character is strong, instead of being strong because of someone else, Take for example a sorcerer, a sorcerer can summon lightning, and use it to strike enemies, a templar can use holy and fire magic to damage enemies.
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Another thing that i really don't like about the warden right now, is the fact that you're character isn't really strong himself, it deals damage thanks to external resources (pets), this is a personal preference, but i always preferred if my character is strong, instead of being strong because of someone else, Take for example a sorcerer, a sorcerer can summon lightning, and use it to strike enemies, a templar can use holy and fire magic to damage enemies.

There's one summoned pet, and it's an ult.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

It's good for hybrid builds. A healer that can still do some damage.
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The skills look fun (zomg turtles) but are they duration summons or toggles? because toggles make me sad with their fat butt taking up 2 skill slots. :s

Ice (water actually) is my favorite element, I love throwing mushrooms at people and covering allies in my life juices, and I love summoner/pet type classes so it's like it was made just for me. Hopefully there's a strong stamina setup for Werewolf Warden.
  • austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    austinwalter87ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skills look fun (zomg turtles) but are they duration summons or toggles? because toggles make me sad with their fat butt taking up 2 skill slots. :s

Ice (water actually) is my favorite element, I love throwing mushrooms at people and covering allies in my life juices, and I love summoner/pet type classes so it's like it was made just for me. Hopefully there's a strong stamina setup for Werewolf Warden.

I'd assume they are short duration skills. Spammable.
    Templar Extraordinaire
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really can't believe people are already making their judgement on the class based on these ***-poor descriptions.

I mean, essentially all this told us was "this is a healing skill, this is a defensive buff, this is a damage skill, etc." You could make any class sound incredibly boring with descriptions like that. In reality, we have no idea how the class will actually play, other than the fact that it has tanking skills, healing skills, and damage skills, just like every other class in the game. I mean, I can understand if somebody doesn't like the flavor of the class, but if that's the case this shouldn't come as a surprise since we've known about the skill lines for a while.

Personally, I'll hold off on my judgement until we know what the skills actually do.
  • MethTheMadman
    As someone who wants to create a tank and has been debating a DK, this gives me pause to starting that character. I'm definitely interested in seeing what the warden offers. Hopefully viable Stam and mag options... and no need to use the frost staff.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/uYnlzpSSevM

Sorry, It just popped in my head rofl...

Or this obvious one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who wants to create a tank and has been debating a DK, this gives me pause to starting that character. I'm definitely interested in seeing what the warden offers. Hopefully viable Stam and mag options... and no need to use the frost staff.

Maybe rethink that. My plan for a warden tank uses shield on front bar and Frost staff on back. You block with the shield until you get low on stamina, then switch to the staff and block with that. Your stamina regenerates while blocking with the staff, and your magicka regenerates while blocking with the shield.

Essentially we have the potential for unlimited blocking and a more effective hybrid setup for tanks now.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these reactions to the descriptions give me very strong flashbacks to when the destro ult was on PTS... except this time we have even less information.

Cool it with the kneejerk reactions people.

I'm curious to see this new control system for the bear, mostly because I'm hoping it'll get applied to other classes as well. Even though I've never enjoyed pet builds, it would be nice to know that there's someone out there use the daedric summoning tree effectively (and @Vaoh doesn't count :D )

Might wanna at least add @Thelon to the pet build master list. He's pretty great imo.

Edited by Vaoh on February 14, 2017 2:27AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can't say I'm surprised at the abilities. I figured the class would end up more focused on tanking and healing. Oh well, no viable cyromancer DPS class after all - most of the ice abilities are defensive :s . Gonna be sticking with my mag sorc through Morrowind this year.

With the very little specific information we have in regards to the damage numbers of each ability, I am almost confident that Warden Mag DPS will be fine. It'd be really odd if it wasn't good plus ppl like Alcast probably got to help tune it a bit for viability.

Atm there are three skills I have my eye on for a DPS rotation on Magicka Warden:
    • Polar Wind - a spammable Cold DPS ability! UnfortunateIy we know too little atm to tell if it's good enough to be a spammable for a high-end DPS rotation. This skill sounds very similar to Nightblade Funnel Health, except you can target an ally for a bigger heal instead.
    • Screaming Cliff Racer - Spike damage ability. Could be that you cast the skill, and a few seconds later (similar to Daedric Curse) the Cliff Racer drops down and deals high damage.
    • Growing Swarm - Has to be a very high damage AoE DoT. Almost guarantee it'll be a part of your rotation.
    • Crystallized Shield - like a Sorcerer's Conjured Ward, you can slot this instead of Harness Magicka for different side benefits
    • Sleet Storm - Deals high damage AND protects allies. It could be useful over Meteor/Elemental Rage in situations like Aetherian Archive HM execute phase or vMoL first boss shield phases.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hechicera wrote: »
    So Cliff Racers are a skill ... I wonder if it uses the same audio from Morrowind when that fires?

//starts to twitch
    Enjoy.

Anyway, Polar Wind and Ice Fortress have been in the game since before launch. Look at any delve mob with a frost staff that makes that chest-high ice shield and sends that icy whirlwind out to root you.

As for morphs:
    WINTER'S EMBRACE

Polar Wind
    #1 Drains health from rooted enemies and transfers it to nearby allies.
    #2 Roots last longer, increasing the DoT

Ice Fortress
    #1 Adds Spell Resistance buff to the Physical Resistance Buff
    #2 Effect last longer

Impaling Shards
    #1 Enemies are now snared after being pulled to you
    #2 Enemies receive Minor Fracture/Minor Breach after being pulled to you

Crystallized Shield
    #1 Increases Spell Resistance in addition to Physical Resistance
    #2 Shield lasts longer

Frozen Device
    #1 Can now be cast/placed at much longer range
    #2 Now places three devices (bosses immune)

GREEN BALANCE

Fungal Growth
    #1 Provides immunity to poison and disease status effects
    #2 Grants Minor Protection

Healing Seed
    #1 Wider AoE and those in the AoE gain Minor Evasion
    #2 Effect last longer

Living Vines
    #1 Increased duration
    #2 Now snares enemies

Green Lotus
    #1 Applies Major Force and Minor Berserk to allies as well as caster
    #2 Increased duration of effect

Nature's Grasp
    #1 Can now be cast/placed at range
    #2 Now effects up to four targets (bosses immune)

ANIMAL COMPANION

Screaming Cliffracer
    #1 Target afflicted with Minor Mangle and are concussed after recovering from fear
    #2 Target is silenced and crippled (can't cast stamina abilities -- new status effect) rather than feared and is afflicted with bleeding

Subterranean Assault
    #1 Increased damage and area of effect
    #2 Enemies hit by ability are now knocked down

Growing Swarm
    #1 Increased radius and duration
    #2 Enemies in the AoE are afflicted with Minor Maim

Bull Netch
    #1 Applies Minor Staminasteal to nearby allies as well as caster
    #2 Now also gives Major Savagery

Bird of Prey
    #1 Longer duration and grants Minor Heroism
    #2 Also removes snares and roots and gives Minor Evasion
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty certain now that I don't think I'll be too hyped over the new class. This is the epitome of a Pet Class, every single offensive ability deals with summoning a creature to attack for you. What is actually more interesting to me is the Healing skill tree. Dat Nature Magic that heals AND damages at the same time? I've been wishing the Resto skills did that. And that Ultimate sounds incredibly neat, though since it's a large AoE damage plus a buff to your group I'll assume the cost is going to 250 at least.

Sounds like the Warden may be trying to replace Templars as the top Healer 'round these parts.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Cliff Racers are a skill ... I wonder if it uses the same audio from Morrowind when that fires?

//starts to twitch
    Enjoy.

Anyway, Polar Wind and Ice Fortress have been in the game since before launch. Look at any delve mob with a frost staff that makes that chest-high ice shield and sends that icy whirlwind out to root you.

As for morphs:
    WINTER'S EMBRACE

Polar Wind

Ice Fortress
    #2 Effect last longer

Impaling Shards

Crystallized Shield
    #2 Shield lasts longer

Frozen Device

GREEN BALANCE

Fungal Growth

Healing Seed
    #2 Effect last longer

Living Vines
    #1 Increased duration
    #2 Now snares enemies

Green Lotus

Nature's Grasp

ANIMAL COMPANION

Screaming Cliffracer
    #1 Target afflicted with Minor Mangle and are concussed after recovering from fear
    #2 Target is silenced and crippled (can't cast stamina abilities -- new status effect) rather than feared and is afflicted with bleeding

Subterranean Assault

Growing Swarm

Bull Netch

Bird of Prey

Where did you get this? I'm outta the loop.

Anyway, this is so disappointing if these are the morphs. I may not return to eso like I originally was gonna do. There's just no point anymore. The one class I was so psyched about getting and was willing to return back to eso for...I begged for it for years and what we've received is most definitely a slap in the face.

Whelp, back to single player games.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

//starts to twitch
    Enjoy.

As for morphs:
    WINTER'S EMBRACE

Polar Wind

Ice Fortress
    #2 Effect last longer

Impaling Shards

Crystallized Shield
    #2 Shield lasts longer

Frozen Device

GREEN BALANCE

Fungal Growth

Healing Seed
    #2 Effect last longer

Living Vines
    #1 Increased duration
    #2 Now snares enemies

Green Lotus

Nature's Grasp

ANIMAL COMPANION

Screaming Cliffracer

Subterranean Assault

Growing Swarm

Bull Netch

Bird of Prey

Anyway, this is so disappointing if these are the morphs.
    Just a guesses based on how ZOS has worked with other classes. There is no official info on any abilities other than the generic descriptions in the link of the OP.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

//starts to twitch
    Enjoy.

As for morphs:
    WINTER'S EMBRACE

Polar Wind

Ice Fortress
    #2 Effect last longer

Impaling Shards

Crystallized Shield
    #2 Shield lasts longer

Frozen Device

GREEN BALANCE

Fungal Growth

Healing Seed
    #2 Effect last longer

Living Vines
    #1 Increased duration
    #2 Now snares enemies

Green Lotus

Nature's Grasp

ANIMAL COMPANION

Screaming Cliffracer

Subterranean Assault

Growing Swarm

Bull Netch

Bird of Prey

Just a guesses based on how ZOS has worked with other classes. There is no official info on any abilities other than the generic descriptions in the link of the OP.

Thank the maker! That means we still have a fighting chance. Lol

Good lord those morph guesses made me wanna puke. Don't scare me like that.
    Edited by subtlezeroub17_ESO on February 14, 2017 4:34AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

//starts to twitch
    Enjoy.

As for morphs:
    WINTER'S EMBRACE

Polar Wind

Ice Fortress
    #2 Effect last longer

Impaling Shards

Crystallized Shield
    #2 Shield lasts longer

Frozen Device

GREEN BALANCE

Fungal Growth

Healing Seed
    #2 Effect last longer

Living Vines
    #1 Increased duration
    #2 Now snares enemies

Green Lotus

Nature's Grasp

ANIMAL COMPANION

Screaming Cliffracer

Subterranean Assault

Growing Swarm

Bull Netch

Bird of Prey

Thank the maker! That means we still have a fighting chance. Lol

Good lord those morph guesses made me wanna puke. Don't scare me like that.

We'll see. Not even sure if they are finalized yet on the development end. But in any case there will be Cliffracer spam in Cyro, so get ready to go back to 2002.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate going to other sites to read things .

t3_5tpki7?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.reddituploads.com%2Fef8cdda8614c47e192d9b8774d2b3498%3Ffit%3Dmax%26h%3D1536%26w%3D1536%26s%3Dd66b0900aeff0d536d4d4da4b21b1e6e&token=AQAA3KOiWOdSDIJAw-zJf4Z4rbPEfAxD2_2PgQGfHDg9Gn6wEc9X&app_name=mweb2x
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    out51d3r wrote: »
    I wasn't sold on the whole Warden thing, but shooting Bees and Cliffracers at my enemies sounds pretty sweet.

NOT THE BEES!!!
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we go by the norm on live, every skill tree will have at least one stamina morph. That means that it is highly likely that there will be a stamina heal in the green balance tree.

I hope you are right, but I doubt it. My DK has a total of 3 skills that can be morphed into stamina(fire breath, fire claw and Magma armor) and one aditional skill that benefits stamina(dragon blood). The rest is magica only.