Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Apart From Speed Hacking How Can A Player Run As Fast As A Capped Mount?

KerinKor
KerinKor
✭✭✭✭✭
I see lots of high-end players running at a speed which my capped mount can't outrun, is there a legit skill or gear set that allows this or are they all speed-hacking?

[edit]

No, these characters don't appear to use Sprint, I never see a Sprint buff applied or wear off.
Edited by KerinKor on February 7, 2017 10:27AM
  • CREEP
    CREEP
    ✭✭
    Be an Orc (they have a racial movement speed passive), steed mundus stone with all divines gear, Windrunning champion point passive, 5 piece Fiord's Legacy and 5 piece Jailbreaker. Pop rapids and off you go.

This pages lists most of them with the speed bonus increase %'s.
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718928-the-elder-scrolls-online-tamriel-unlimited/72230040
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure about the exact sets, but as far as i know you can achieve it easily without being orc and without champion points.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what platform your on but right now on Xbox there is a bug that makes players look like they are running while mounted. Could be what you are seeing
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with him. I have my horse maxed out on all stats, yet I've had guys outrun me on foot. Many at least keep up pace perfectly with me til their stamina drops. It's crazy
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've not seen anyone using speed hacks in a very long time. And I didn't think sprint was an applied "buff", are you sure they're not sprinting? As a stam sorc with both speed buffs and fjords/darkstride, I'm pretty sure I can outrun a horse.

rip decibel
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes the horse does not load in and people use the run animation even though theye are in fact mounted.

Also, you can buff your run speed many times beyond the major/minor speed buff.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having looked at the link @CREEP posted then maybe it is feasible to get such a run speed if you gear for it and since I'm seeing it mainly on high-CP characters who are clearly farming nodes/chests in the old 'low' areas like the Roost then it wouldn't be surprising they would gear-up for it.

Cheers.
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    In pvp i use the addon dressing room to occasionally swap to a speed gear set. It contains shadow dancer and jailbreaker aand swaps my bar so it contains rapids and concealed weapon. I travel at 250% speed in stealth. I was so worried initially that I stopped using it immediately contacted the GM to ask if it was okay. He responded the same day with absolutely!

The Catch-22 is that this gear is useless in PvP and that I have to swap gear again before entering any combat. If I'm ever caught with it on... I'm pretty much dead.
    Edited by ZombieZig on February 9, 2017 1:37PM