Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Yokudan motif

Khenarthi
Khenarthi
✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe I misunderstood... and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Yokudan motif dropped from the Craglorn daily quests? I have done all of them twice already without one single page dropping.

Option 1: it drops from some other activity
Option 2: rng hates me
Option 3: the drop rate is diabolically low
Option 4: ?
Edited by Khenarthi on October 9, 2016 7:35PM
PC-EU
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Maybe I misunderstood... and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Yokudan motif dropped from the Craglorn daily quests? I have done all of them twice already without one single page dropping.

Option 1: it drops from some other activity
    Option 2: rng hates me
    Option 3: the drop rate is diabolically low
    Option 4: ?

Drop rates on new motifs are extremely low and have been for a bit. Abah's watch for example, I had to do roughly 230 quests for the drops and then even more time to trade for repeats for pages I actually needed.
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • inespeloazul
    inespeloazul
    ✭✭✭
    Option 3 and maybe 2. The drop rates for both Draugr and Yokudan have been abysmal for me, but Yokudan has been by far the worst.

I've only gotten one since 1T launch, but then I've only been doing the two quests in the Valley of Scars and the coffers it gives are green. Still got a Yokudan Shields motif from one, so at least I know they actually drop sometimes from those. (Probably drops more often from the group quests)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option 3. My guesstimate is 5%.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys... at least now I know it's not just a matter of me doing something wrong. I'll try to keep doing the 6 or 7 ones I can solo, and hope for the best.
    PC-EU
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am told, option 3. I have seen none as well in 14 quests. 11 with blue coffer and 3 with green.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    I am told, option 3. I have seen none as well in 14 quests. 11 with blue coffer and 3 with green.

how do you increase the quality? (blue)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »

how do you increase the quality? (blue)

Some of the quests seem to yield blue coffers and some green. I'm not sure the patern. raniza, seekers, and spelscar have been blue (these are all south craglorn dailies). The gray passage (north craglorn daily) and all the story quests yielded coffers have been green. I see no pattern as the gray passage is the longest of the dailies I have tried but most of the story quests are very short.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • HegemonIQ
    HegemonIQ
    ✭✭✭
    Ran Shada's last night, 2 green and 1 blue coffer and got one motif page from the green. Another player in my group got one from the blue coffer.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 motifs in 8 Craglorn group quests (all blue coffer) ... most of those runs were with @arcadiadark in the group.

A marginally better drop rate than some have posted ... but I know that RNGeezus will allow for some "dry patches" along the way in the future.
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had daggers drop from the quest reward at the end of the Seekers Archive..
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |