Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• nml
    nml
    ✭✭✭
    I strongly question some of the decisions being made in the design room, team; close to none of the proposed changes are welcome by the playerbase who to this point have loved the game. I had heard this patch would balance magicka and stamina classes - from the looks of it, that isn't happening. Why not?

Did anyone ask for any changes to sorcerer's curse? No... I think you'd get a resounding "leave it alone" if you took a poll. Can you articulate which problem this change is addressing? Why did templar's blazing spear need to lose the stun? It didn't. What was wrong with resto siphon and elemental drain abilities? They were fine.

Destro ultimate? What have you done? It needs to be nerfed into the ground not afforded an avenue to be buffed by way of lightning staff; have you seen Cyrodiil lately? It's the only ultimate you see anymore as it cannot be blocked and is hard to outrun, especially with lag. You have two players stacking destro ults killing full raids within seconds, sadly gone are the days of skillfully placed dawnbreakers, meteors, etc..

Ice staff... tanking ok but not snaring anymore??

And... dragon blood needing low mana to heal... that is an idea that a junior designer might have and then would be told by a patient senior that he would need to rethink through the process and come back with a different solution to the MDK heal problem. What happens if a DK is hit from stealth by a nightblade... can't heal? Nice one. If your DK is wearing desert rose and getting beaten on and his mana fills up but is getting low on health, can't heal? Sweet bro. For such situations, the current dragon blood outperforms the proposed "improvement". Nerfing standard of might... why? It's supposed to be the ultimate stand-your-ground ability, it is stationary and should be really strong.

These are just really amateurish ideas and you're wasting the great fundamentals of this game with poor management. Please hire new people - you need fresh ideas and pvp needs a new direction more focused on the fundamentals rather than whatever this has become. Why haven't you updated the rewards for the worthy for those of us who spend the majority of their time in Cyrodiil? As it stands now, they are total garbage.

I'm not one of the "playing since beta" crowd, I joined earlier in the year (around thieves guild) and so far this new set of patch notes really does look like the worst I will have experienced in my time with ESO. I don't care about housing.

Please RETHINK.
    Edited by nml on January 6, 2017 1:09AM
    -NML
    Imperator, Ars Imperatoria
    North American PC/Mac, Trueflame
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raid dps is going up. Assuming that you don't run all stam builds and magplar

By all means @TotallyNotVos , please explain how raid DPS is going up with nerfs to class and weapon skill damage in most classes except magicka DK as well as crit damage boosting skill reductions, not to mention the loss of set proc crits as well as the inability to overlap magicka sustain skills because they all now give the same name debuffs instead of different skill name Debuffs.

Because of the aoe cap change and the destro passives.

http://i.imgur.com/bew4fA4.png

And this parse was with scalding rune which is still trash. With curse this parse would have been 52kish

Raids will be all destro staff builds. h o hum.
    How does aoe cap change affect single target dps at all? Perhaps amend the original answer to "destro passives"
    Edited by gard on January 5, 2017 6:01PM
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    These are the big balance stamina magicka changes?

These are the buffs to DK?

Ikr, it's a hilariously deflating set of patch notes.

It's like they spent 99.9% of their time with the housing aspect, and 0.01% with the balance changes. To me it's like a big cash grab update.

Reeks of horse *** it does.
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on January 5, 2017 6:05PM
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »

By all means @TotallyNotVos , please explain how raid DPS is going up with nerfs to class and weapon skill damage in most classes except magicka DK as well as crit damage boosting skill reductions, not to mention the loss of set proc crits as well as the inability to overlap magicka sustain skills because they all now give the same name debuffs instead of different skill name Debuffs.

And this parse was with scalding rune which is still trash. With curse this parse would have been 52kish

How does aoe cap change affect single target dps at all? Perhaps amend the original answer to "destro passives"

I said raid dps. Not single target dps.

Top raids are already all destro staff except Templar that back bars one...

Next patch you are going to see insane trial times. And yes, single target dps on magsorc,magblade. And magdk did go up.
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Next patch you are going to see insane trial times. And yes, single target dps on magsorc,magblade. And magdk did go up.

It seems like stam classes are weaker (even more than before). That's a shame. Pretty much not viable at all for trials now.
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems like stam classes are weaker (even more than before). That's a shame. Pretty much not viable at all for trials now.

I agree that's a shame.

In my opinion there won't be much diversity in raid comps next patch(probably 4 Mag dk, 4 magsorc) but that should be significantly higher dps than raids are getting on live

• Reco
    Reco
    ✭✭✭
    This passive ability now taunts the enemy after you use a fully-charged Frost Heavy Attack.

Will be fun in trials when a boss gets overtaunted by a DD with Ice staff. That will make the boss taunt-immune and run around killing players at will. People will love DDs with Ice staves for that, you can be sure. ;)

And cmon, tanks blocking and taunting with Ice staves - seriously? Someone was high when designing new stuff.
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    Adjusted the Area of Effect damage thresholds for all abilities. The new thresholds are as follows:
    Targets 1 – 6: 100% damage taken with all secondary effects applied.
    Targets 7 – 24: 75% damage taken with no secondary effects applied (formerly 50% damage taken).
    Targets 25 – 60: 50% damage taken with no secondary effects applied (formerly 25% damage taken).

In post #13.

A friend of mine tested this because from memory I swore that the targets 7-24 had always been 7-30 before. Sure enough, I think this is an error because the 50% damage reduction doesn't take effect until the 30th target after some testing.

Can you please confirm? It's very minor, but good to just have the correct info.
  • Triipzzz
    Triipzzz
    ✭✭✭
    Aerin wrote: »
    Major Evasion: Reduced this buff category’s dodge chance bonus to 15% dodge chance from 20% dodge chance.

It was not really necessary, medium armor users are squishy enough in pvp. :/

Unfortunately medium users aren't the only ones taking advantage of it. Personally it's hard enough to kill the meta proc builds with heavy without a dodge chance.

I hope it will force more people back to medium like it was back in the day to dodge roll more but that's unlikely with only -5%.
  • Flawlless
    Flawlless
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly the change to curse is horrible. Unlike other classes that just spam their hardest hitting insta cast dps ability, magicka sorc is all about timing your rotation to have enough burst to kill someone, this new change ruins the timing of the combo. Please give us the old curse back
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, not even little storage space increase for even 1mil house?
    :(:(
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on January 5, 2017 10:04PM
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Homestead, are the three Manors only available for Guilds, like Guild Flagships in SW:TOR?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    The PTS Windows client seems to run fine on my Mac Pro when within Windows 10 via Bootcamp. When I try to run the Mac client, it takes longer than usual to get to the character-selection screen than retail and the game hangs indefinitely—logo stops spinning and the client just sits there until I kill it—when I try to log into any character. I threw away the PTS folder this morning and reinstalled the PTS client from scratch and this still occurs. Retail still runs just fine.

I am running Mac OS X 10.12.1 on a Mac Pro (Late 2013) with 3 GHz 8-core Intel Xeon E5, 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3, 1TB PCIe SSD drive, twin AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6144MB each.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    The PTS Windows client seems to run fine on my Mac Pro when within Windows 10 via Bootcamp. When I try to run the Mac client, it takes longer than usual to get to the character-selection screen than retail and the game hangs indefinitely—logo stops spinning and the client just sits there until I kill it—when I try to log into any character. I threw away the PTS folder this morning and reinstalled the PTS client from scratch and this still occurs. Retail still runs just fine.

I am running Mac OS X 10.12.1 on a Mac Pro (Late 2013) with 3 GHz 8-core Intel Xeon E5, 16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3, 1TB PCIe SSD drive, twin AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6144MB each.
    @nathan_bri - more on that here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/312158/pts-character-load-issues-possibly-mac-related
  • Gorgoneus
    Gorgoneus
    ✭✭✭
    Reliable source serving corrupt data - last 4 MB remaining, thats how I testing new housing system. Tried all dat shaman's rituals like run as admin, close and run again, repairing (many times - just downloading a whole client again and again), disabling firewall etc.
    Pretty shure this is ZOS mistake, because all piles but last 4 mb was download correctly, only problem with TESO launcher and this last 4 mb's only.
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did a Heavy Armor nerf miss the patch notes PvP doesn't need more Heavy Armor Cancer next patch.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people crying here that PvP magicka builds are dead. Noone see how interresting oportunities and fresh ideas are opened thanks for ice staff changes?....
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must say, I'm also super disappointed. It's like of 95% of your community's suggestions, you've completely ignored them. The only poisitive change I can see is the Radiant nerf. The rest are either ineffectual, or just completely unwarranted.

Why the change to curse? Are you kidding me? It is probably the sorc's most relied on DPS skill, and you've effectively made it irrelevant in regards to the play style. Now no Magicka classes at all can burst.

Taking away the stun on Shards from Magplar, also, is uncalled for, and was not something needed/asked for, or even discussed.

A "buff" to Mag DK, after countless threads and discussions, many of which I've started and been involved in, results in... a 5% flat damage buff to whip (not major breach, burning, execute or anything of actual use) and a new useless morph of Dragon's blood. The change to chains is positive, but without a range buff, they still won't get slotted.

I've spent over $3000 on this game, but I think this is it for me, if this patch goes ahead. I've given your balancing team the benefit of the doubt, but at this point, I can come up with no rational conclusion other than to say they either don't care what we say, or they're just flat-out inept.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Homestead, are the three Manors only available for Guilds, like Guild Flagships in SW:TOR?

Anyone with the gold or crowns can buy any or all the houses.
  • coldreactive_ESO
    coldreactive_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dungeon Ready Check. YES. OH MY, PRAISE ALL OF THE GODS. I can't tell you how many times, due to long queue times, I've gone AFK.
    NA PC Megaserver
    Lucradia Valeri (D.Summoner) / Saeko Meina (T.Healer)
    GMT -0600 (Central Time, Wisconsin) - PvE Only
  • sirtadzio
    sirtadzio
    ✭✭✭

Where does the magBlade dps increase come from? Did I misread something? I thought they just increased the cost on their wet noodle spammable dps skills
    PvE Healer
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I must say, I'm also super disappointed. It's like of 95% of your community's suggestions, you've completely ignored them. The only poisitive change I can see is the Radiant nerf. The rest are either ineffectual, or just completely unwarranted.

Why the change to curse? Are you kidding me? It is probably the sorc's most relied on DPS skill, and you've effectively made it irrelevant in regards to the play style. Now no Magicka classes at all can burst.

Taking away the stun on Shards from Magplar, also, is uncalled for, and was not something needed/asked for, or even discussed.

A "buff" to Mag DK, after countless threads and discussions, many of which I've started and been involved in, results in... a 5% flat damage buff to whip (not major breach, burning, execute or anything of actual use) and a new useless morph of Dragon's blood. The change to chains is positive, but without a range buff, they still won't get slotted.

I've spent over $3000 on this game, but I think this is it for me, if this patch goes ahead. I've given your balancing team the benefit of the doubt, but at this point, I can come up with no rational conclusion other than to say they either don't care what we say, or they're just flat-out inept.

bro you got fire leap

how do people keep missing this?
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't even fixed the bs where you get snared by gabclosers in mistform? What a great company you are.
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirtadzio wrote: »

Where does the magBlade dps increase come from? Did I misread something? I thought they just increased the cost on their wet noodle spammable dps skills

aoe cap and destro passive changes

• Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have really mixed feelings about this patch. Some things are good, like Lingering Ritual change or pet resistances increase. But stuff like Strife cost increase, Curse change or Dragon Blood is really stupid and wasn't needed.

Speaking of last, now I know that you absolutely hate DKs. But why are you ignoring all feedback? Just delete that class and offer people class change or 1 boosted character.

Edited by Anhedonie on January 6, 2017 3:39AM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Sedare
    Sedare
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for attending to so much that is wrong in pvp like broken proc sets which require 0 skill because the gear does everything for you, Overtanking/Overhealing builds that still manage to do a lot of damage, Shield stacking so much that half the time it takes 4+ to even get someone provided they don't TP away b/c your increased magicka cost for consecutive teleports is a joke. Thanks for attending to the fact that siege is nearly useless due to the overhealing. But oh wait we get more ap per quest turn in.

Yay housing . . .
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno what's the visitor cap for the following:

Inn rooms:
    Apartments:
    Small Homes:
    Medium Homes:
    Large Homes:

All I've heard has been
    Manors: 24 players
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If biggest are 24 than u got to thing something like:
    2 room
    5 apt
    10 small
    15 med
    20 large
    24 manor
  • Kylric
    Kylric
    ✭✭
    I don't have much more to add that has not already been said, but I at least wanted to voice my disappointment.

I only PvP for the skills. Once reached, I'm done.

I'm sure I'll get a house, but I don't pay for my monthly subscription so I can sit in my house on a chair I crafted. I pay to explore, fight and find treasures. I've have had housing in other games, and guess what... they are not something that really feels that special after a couple of months.

Sure, not ever patch needs to be about pve, but some of these senseless changes appear to have no value other than hurting classes and skill. What would be so hard with just making armor / weapon sets that only work in PVP zones?

I have no doubt that balancing classes is challenging because over time players always find a way discover some unintended combination that someone else will claim to be OP. That being said, some of these changes are nonsense.