Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• MrBrandon
    MrBrandon
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS needs new management.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm disappointed that there is still no parity between the performance of Biting Jabs and Puncturing Sweep in PVP. I have given this feedback report multiple times that there is no way that both these skills act fundamentally the same outside of sweeps ability to ignore dodge chance.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, and another nerf to templars. Thanks for removing the only stun a magicka templar has next to a broken gabcloser and an awfull javelin. Useless skills are still useless, goody.

The buffs to the magicka dk damage are nice though, but dragon blood still seems a bit useless to me, but i'll have to see when i play it.

The changes to the destro staff are nice, i like those. But where is the buff or change to light armor?

I think the only thing this patch changes will be more magicka dk's and less magicka templars. People will still run heavy since stamina burst didn't get changed. And more pet sorcs, because those where the sorcs that needed a buff after all.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »
    where is some stamplar buff??
    "Engine Guardian: The Dwemer Sphere summoned by this item set’s proc now despawns when it expires." - Does that mean no repenting that Sphere? How shloud stamplars manage their resources in noCP campaing with no battle roar, no helping hands, no siponing strikes and no dark deal, when you destroy repenting Dwemer Sphere? :D

I know...i was holding onto that set for free stam when repenting its little body :*(
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the change to strife? Do you realize there are people that still try to play healers with other classes than templar? Now this becomes even harder. Why not just change Templar to Healer or Cleric and stop pretending that every class should be able to play every role? At least give us some stamina restore ability on restoration staffs. Anything, please.
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAGICKA TANKS ARE A THING NOW, I COULD CRY I AM SO HAPPY.

I was a magicka tank before this...
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    RiP Templars lol

Where do you get that from? The only real change is to radiant and that's still only a minor one.

Total Dark/eclipse changes more than make up for it in my opinion.

Did I read right and stun being removed from blazing spear?

It's only supposed to stun one person though, use javelin instead :)
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    I didn't expect Magicka Nightblades to be nerfed.

Seriously, who in their right mind looks at the current state of the game and thinks, "Magicka Nightblades are overperforming. Let's jack the cost of their spammable by 33%!"

Also, the transformation of magicka sorcs into a pet class continues. Meh.

Cause it's ZoS, and at the end of the game it doesn't seem like they have any love for this class whatsoever.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    Any of the currently-available Assistants (Nuzhimeh the Merchant, Pirharri the Smuggler, and Tythis Andromo the Banker) can be placed in your home, and will offer their services to you and visitors as normal.

Does it means that we can't repair or use guild store in house?
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    I didn't expect Magicka Nightblades to be nerfed.

Seriously, who in their right mind looks at the current state of the game and thinks, "Magicka Nightblades are overperforming. Let's jack the cost of their spammable by 33%!"

Also, the transformation of magicka sorcs into a pet class continues. Meh.

We're used to getting that 1 (un)intended nerf with every update.

Altho to be fair: my Swallow Soul costs 896 Magicka only, with a 38% cost increase that's 1237 Magicka (rounded up)

It'll hurt my Sap Tank more than my main DPSer honestly
    Edited by Tryxus on January 3, 2017 10:31PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlphaAbsol wrote: »
    Are there any plans for Logitech/Corsair RGB support?

This would be great.
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are so disappointing.

Heavy didn't get the nerf it needed -- only Blackrose -- which wasn't the issue to begin with.

The Magsorc skill changed sounded great until I remembered that the curse will go off after 6 seconds, then happen again in 6 more seconds. They really missed a chance to give mag sorc a decent spammable -- and diminished (not ruined) a decent skill for the class.

The changes just aren't good imo -- the only thing I liked were the Lava Whip buff, Coag buff & RD Nerf. My main (Medium StamDK) just doesn't appear to have a place in ESO PvP anymore.

This honestly feels like the patch of the Magsorc.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    I have a DK Tank. I can stand it when you need a minute longer to kill a boss :P
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Can you please remove the minor vulnerability from concussion and make lightning staffs use the old ancient knowledge again? It was fine as it was. You just killed all of my magicka builds that use lightning staffs as a single target weapon completely, including my vma builds. No diversity allowed, magicka dks forced to use throughout fire damage to be viable. 10% longer heavy attacks is a big deal for me. Weeks of theorycrafting gone to waste, illambris is out as well. Stalwart guard nerfed.
    And traits are still as unbalanced as they were, this was my biggest hope for the patch notes :(

Many cool changes, but the things I looked out for the most are not addressed...
    Edit: does the 8 % buff apply to the channelled lightning staff attacks too or only the splash damage? If so, nvm,
    Then it's an overall buff to my builds.
    Edited by Masel on January 3, 2017 11:58PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velocious Curse (Daedric Curse morph):
    Renamed this morph to Haunting Curse.
    This morph no longer shortens the duration of the curse to 3.5 seconds from 6 seconds; instead, it causes the curse to echo and trigger one additional time 6 seconds after the first explosion.

This is a joke, right ? Sorcs rely on curse every 3.5 sec to get a proper burst down. You're taking away like half their damage here. Waiting for a frags proc and weaving Force Pulse is not enough in PVP.
    FFs I've stayed on magicka sorc despite what you've done in the DB patch, but goddamit, stop taking everything away from us. Nobody cares about your pets, they're a niche build. #makesorcsgreatagain

AND STOP RUINING THINGS THAT DON'T NEED FIXING.
    Edited by covenant_merchant on January 3, 2017 10:35PM
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I was waiting for was a nerf to proc sets in pvp.

Nothing.

Overall, I'm very disappointed...

The only thing worth noting is the change to frost staves, which is actually HUGE.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »

I was a magicka tank before this...

So was I, but this is -GOLD-.

Or it would be for some builds.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

 Renamed this morph to Haunting Curse.
     This morph no longer shortens the duration of the curse to 3.5 seconds from 6 seconds; instead, it causes the curse to echo and trigger one additional time 6 seconds after the first explosion.

DUMB

• Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): Increased the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 6 seconds, causing it to tick damage an additional 2 times; however, it no longer stuns the enemy when it first hits them.

DUMB, and actually a very significant nerf to Templars.

Elemental Storm:
    • Reduced the damage for this ability and its morphs by 5%.

LOL They’ve completely lost their minds.

• Created a new debuff category, Minor Magickasteal. This is a debuff applied to enemies that restores a flat value of Magicka to the attacker every second (400 Magicka every second at CP160).
    +
    • Restoring Aura: Redesigned this ability and the Radiant Aura morph so they continue to grant the Minor Recovery buffs (Fortitude, Endurance, and Intellect) while slotted. Activating this ability also now applies Minor Magickalsteal to all enemies in a 12 meter radius around you.

Hahahaha

• Black Rose: This item set’s 4-piece bonus now grants Maximum Magicka instead of Maximum Stamina.

DUMB
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    erm I think you tightened the wrong spokes on an already buckled wheel Zos.
    Edited by mook-eb16_ESO on January 3, 2017 10:38PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Finally Mazzatun crafting style.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Why make the ice staff a blocking staff? Now I can't Animation Cancel this like other staffs because I can't regen while doing so. And No Light armor changes???? That's kinda low considering the medium gets more armor and more Passives than light.

Frost staff was not really useful for ofensive play. Now they have made it defensive now.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't wait to test the "beam" treatment for force pulse. does this mean only non-reflect as written or "true beam treatment", i.e. cannot be dodged"?
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    RiP Templars lol

Where do you get that from? The only real change is to radiant and that's still only a minor one.

Total Dark/eclipse changes more than make up for it in my opinion.

Did I read right and stun being removed from blazing spear?

It's only supposed to stun one person though, use javelin instead :)

I might. Just in pvp, the stun was what kept someone in the damage for a second. Suppose I could pair javelin with blazing spear but 2 abilities to do what 1 does and harder to pull off. I can give up RD for it I suppose. I think I'll get better DPS elsewhere. Kind of thought that anyway since you either spammed it to catch someone right when they got below 50% or if you wait and they are there long enough to use it properly, that means they're not getting heals and are as good as dead anyway.

Guess I am saying I can adapt. Least heavy armor stays while these proc sets do.
    Edited by technohic on January 3, 2017 10:41PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

At the cost of killing regen for Dps users. I was one before this now this just hurts my sorcs sustained
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of good changes overall. Though the Coagulating Blood change, I don't like that one. I think it should be changed to a heal over time like vigor.
    Edited by kookster on January 3, 2017 11:26PM
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • jknight201
    jknight201
    ✭✭✭
    So it looks like in Zos-speak that "balance" really means nerfing most classes and abilities to cater to the PVP crowd, but doing it in a way that does not help PVP and only hurts PVE. Does Zos even realize how badly unbalanced the classes are? Obviously not based on these changes.

Time for some new faces on the team Zos, since the current team is obviously completely out of touch with the game.

Sorry, but the addition of housing doesn't make up for the mess that this "play balancing" has created.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    can't wait to test the "beam" treatment for force pulse. does this mean only non-reflect as written or "true beam treatment", i.e. cannot be dodged"?

What do you mean, you can't wait to "test"? Aren't you supposed to judge these changes based solely on the patch notes while the server's still down :wink: ? Please don't tell me you're going to submit some feedback based on actual play too :smile: !
    Edited by Tandor on January 3, 2017 10:43PM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why the 5% buff to whip and then a 5% nerf to a 250 ulti costing Standard of Might?
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneaK wrote: »
     Renamed this morph to Haunting Curse.
     This morph no longer shortens the duration of the curse to 3.5 seconds from 6 seconds; instead, it causes the curse to echo and trigger one additional time 6 seconds after the first explosion.

DUMB

• Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): Increased the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 6 seconds, causing it to tick damage an additional 2 times; however, it no longer stuns the enemy when it first hits them.

DUMB, and actually a very significant nerf to Templars.

Elemental Storm:
    • Reduced the damage for this ability and its morphs by 5%.

LOL They’ve completely lost their minds.

• Created a new debuff category, Minor Magickasteal. This is a debuff applied to enemies that restores a flat value of Magicka to the attacker every second (400 Magicka every second at CP160).
    +
    • Restoring Aura: Redesigned this ability and the Radiant Aura morph so they continue to grant the Minor Recovery buffs (Fortitude, Endurance, and Intellect) while slotted. Activating this ability also now applies Minor Magickalsteal to all enemies in a 12 meter radius around you.

Hahahaha

• Black Rose: This item set’s 4-piece bonus now grants Maximum Magicka instead of Maximum Stamina.

DUMB

I'm okay with all of that.

Blazing spear was allways a dot anyway.