Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40% more cost for the magblade spammable attacks ? Do they really want to kill the class ? This is ridiculous.
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decent changes, but it annoys me to see so much ignorance when it comes to PvE balancing. Nightblade still remains the worst, and you decide to nerf it in wierd ways, I guess the nerfs are according to PvP, but still. I'd understand if you'd want to nerf raid dps as a whole, but why do you then end up in buffing magicka sorc and magicka dk, with changes that seems to impact PVE solely.

Anyways, nice updates. Hoped for some more balance, but this time I expected nothing less from you ZoS ^^

Time to close my nightblade threads and give up on this hopeless class as everyone else has been doing, I thought you were gonna make it ok at best, but now it's just lightly put a pile of horseshit.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • nosourcenopath
    The_Saint wrote: »
    Just rollplaying buffs for mana nightblades... gg zos

you dont love this class :-* buff your mana dks more gg

That's not entirely true.
    Strife: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 38%.

They straight up hate this class.
    Hana Fireflower cp561 Dunmer Magblade (EP)
    Sap-Drinker cp561 Argonian Nightblade Magtank (EP)
    Dus cp561 Orc Stam Sorc (DC)
    The Third Shadow level 40 Khajit Nightblade (AD)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I missed something, but I saw some major nerfs to some overperforming abilities, but I didn't see too many buffs for underperforming abilities and specifically no buffs to any sets collaterally hit by the proc set nerf. I'll have to take another closer look, but it appears that my dps is dropping across the board in multiple ways with little more than the cp boost to bring me back up.
  • Bisenberger96
    Bisenberger96
    ✭✭✭
    You guys really don't know how to balance lol. Dks will still be master class in pve, proc sets will still be an issue in pvp, and nbs still suck. But wow good job on creating the concept for an ice staff tank! Brilliant!
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    im really disappointed ... magnb will be now more useless than its is atm for pve AND pvp!!! :(
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Achievement points: 33290
    Alliance rank: Grand Overlord (50)(since 2016)
    Soloplayer
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm absolutely gobsmacked. GG ZOS! Buffs across the board, nerfs where needed!

and

Varen's Legacy... Oh my!
    PC EU
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some hmmmm...

ice Furnace set still has weapon damage bonus for a magica staff?

No change for crafting mats or sets really other than convenience and the master writs.

ice staves become the tanking option? taunt, block, maim etc? OK, not what i expected but hey... interesting.

All in all, a good start and will be very interesting to see where this ends up.

however, did not see any "make health great again" style changes so maybe thats later?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    Sad about the relentless focus and rearming trap changes.

But I think the housing prices are great. Some are low enough for anyone, but the larger houses are reasonably hard to get. Good job!
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Actually not scared shitless from this!

rejoice however! DKs need to be out of magicka and health to be viable at healing now instead of just out of the health!

LOL
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So your not fixing proc sets
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    redTechInc wrote: »
    Lava Whip: Increased the damage from this ability and its morphs by 5%.

Standard of Might (Dragonknight Standard morph): This morph now increases your damage done and decreases your damage taken by 12/13/14/15% while standing inside the standard, down from 17/18/19/20%.

mag dk nerfed
    Item Set procs which deal damage or healing can no longer Critically Strike.

proc builds "slightly" nerfed, won't have any positive effect on pvp though ; pve nerf.

Are the people responsible for this complete nonsense even thinking it through, before they promise DK buffs and changes on proc-sets that should only affect pvp? Really, the gameplay changes are mostly ***.

You forgot the flame damage buff for mdks. Its a great change
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did you nerf Strife? It's not like it was OP or anything. And with the crit changes, PvE damage numbers are going to take a nosedive after all this.

Good job changing the VMA loot table, though. should be less annoying to get what you need.

BUT STILL.

WHY YOU MAKE MY MAGBLADE CRY MORE?
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehmm interactable furniture.. anyone? :#
    Edited by Loves_guars on January 3, 2017 10:20PM
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    where is some stamplar buff??
    "Engine Guardian: The Dwemer Sphere summoned by this item set’s proc now despawns when it expires." - Does that mean no repenting that Sphere? How shloud stamplars manage their resources in noCP campaing with no battle roar, no helping hands, no siphoning strikes and no dark deal, when you destroy repenting Dwemer Sphere? :D
    Edited by Czirne on January 3, 2017 10:38PM
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Kharnis
    Kharnis
    ✭✭✭
    "In addition to furnishing items, you can also place assistants, mounts, non-combat pets, and a new category of furnishing collectibles called Trophies that includes Undaunted Busts."

So, seeing as the items we very selflessly have relieved the citizens of Tamriel of the burden of carrying (since they need to run quickly in the event of daedric invasion, or bandit attack, or random duels) are also called trophies, am I correct in coming to the conclusion that these items can now be placed within our homes?
    "Technology today is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof devices, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

- Rich Cook
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why make the ice staff a blocking staff? Now I can't Animation Cancel this like other staffs because I can't regen while doing so. And No Light armor changes???? That's kinda low considering the medium gets more armor and more Passives than light.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why curse nerf, i don't get it
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What nerfs have they given to stamina users?
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly unsubbed until things change. I'm done.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    i cant see a fix of (again) mundus exploit... did you fix it? there are few plp around with (again) 5 and mundus activ

or it now just can exploit by mag dks?
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • ordraveeb17_ESO
    lol ))) elemental storm morfs reduce only 5% )))) lol ))) it's will change something??? meaby you reduce better area 2 times)))
    P.S. sometimes i think that destro ulty make some1 from bomb sqauds. lol ... was funny nerf proxy and give them destro ulty )))
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First glance through of the notes here suggests to me that adding minor magickasteal as a debuff and then making it the sole debuff for ele drain, siphon spirit, and a morph of restoring aura is going to slaughter group magicka sustain in pve. You say you removed the flat magicka return like that was a good thing and then replaced it with a flat magicka return with a hard cooldown. Please note that siphon spirit on its own restored about 400 magicka for normal builds every second in its current form. This stacked with ele drain before, and now it doesn't. This is not a good thing. I like the magsteal on the aura, but please leave ele drain alone.

I'm also not feeling particularly happy with the changes to Velocious Curse. The shorter timer is very useful for sustained damage in pve AND burst damage in pvp. You have nerfed both pretty hard imo.

Changes to frost staff are... interesting.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    So Frost Staves now cost Magicka to block? Interesting...

A heavy attack causes them to taunt !
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MAGICKA TANKS ARE A THING NOW, I COULD CRY I AM SO HAPPY.
  • skvll
    skvll
    ✭✭
    Is this patch note a joke? HAHAHAHAHHAH we are waiting this since an YEAR! we WERE waiting a magika classes balance since months! are you *** kidding us? You are lucky this the only 'decent' game around here. But the luck ends, later or so.

You killed a class, mage sorc is now died. and others mage classes are on the way.

If you need help in order to balance something.. you just need to ask to us, there are Hardcore PvP and PvE guilds around here.
    Edited by skvll on January 4, 2017 1:32AM
    skvll, co-Guild Master
    The Epic Fail PvP Guild EP (PC/EU)

Zerg Squad - PvP Guild AD (PC/EU)
    Laufey llvks, DK lvl 50 AD (PvE)
    Nikolà Tesla, Sorcerer lvl 50 AD (PvP/PvE)
    Yefual, Stamplar lvl 50 AD (PvP/PvE)
    Signifer lux dei, mageplar lvl 50 AD (PvP/PvE)

Tesla Drakonis, Sorcerer lvl 50 EP (PvP)
    The Epic Ker, mageblade lvl 50 EP (PvP)
    Van Healsing, mageplar lvl 50 EP (PvP)
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mageblades, i feel so so sorry for you i will no longer animation cancel when i see one of you, mdk's no sympathy youre gods in groups and duels stop running solo
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really excited for these balance notes, ...was waiting along time.....

For the role player.. yah housing is cool and everything along with it, trophies, crafting and even fishing has more reason.

But for the competitor in me ..... nothing changed that needed to be changed. Yah, some cool changes like ice staff, and vamp ult. But the real problems that needed attention got nothing.

Alot of us were excited for these balance changes but now it looks like alot of us will be moving to the Uthgard relaunch on Friday and playing that instead while we wait for Camelot Unchained to be finished.
    Edited by Pirhana7_ESO on January 3, 2017 10:27PM
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't expect Magicka Nightblades to be nerfed.

Seriously, who in their right mind looks at the current state of the game and thinks, "Magicka Nightblades are overperforming. Let's jack the cost of their spammable by 33%!"

Also, nice stealth nerf to Overload.
    Edited by Snit on January 3, 2017 10:31PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    RiP Templars lol

Where do you get that from? The only real change is to radiant and that's still only a minor one.

Total Dark/eclipse changes more than make up for it in my opinion.

Did I read right and stun being removed from blazing spear?