Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. Will we see Guild Halls? Houses linked to a guild and managed by the Guild Master but not owned by that person.

Cheers!

Like your suggestion.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Options
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance the next update will include actual jewelry or spell crafting?
    It would make a lot of sense to be able to see jewelry that characters are wearing as well as additions to the "jewelry collection" even if they were purely cosmetic in nature. I suspect the citizens of Tamriel have plenty of uses in daily life and ceremonial occasions to wear all types of rings, necklaces, piercings, chokers and other ornamental style-pieces.
    Kahjit main in the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Templar of the Knightly Orders
    Herald of Justice to all of Tamriel
    Options
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    During the base-game Daggerfall Covenant zones, you learn that some of the Covenant Orcs are worshippers of Mauloch. Early details for Wrothgar (from publicity and through in-game lore) suggested that there was a Mauloch vs Malacath divide in the region. Why did you guys change this to Trinimac vs Malacath for the release of the Orsinium DLC?

Mauloch is another name for Malacath.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Malacath
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyrudin wrote: »
    During the base-game Daggerfall Covenant zones, you learn that some of the Covenant Orcs are worshippers of Mauloch. Early details for Wrothgar (from publicity and through in-game lore) suggested that there was a Mauloch vs Malacath divide in the region. Why did you guys change this to Trinimac vs Malacath for the release of the Orsinium DLC?
    I know, but that's up for interpretation just as people may say Akatosh and Auriel are the same, or Shor and Lorkhan are the same. In-game, the Orcs treat Mauloch as an Aedra and Malacath as a Daedra, which is a big enough split to consider them 'not identical' and provide a basis for a schism. Anyway, my question was about why they decided to change the Aedric side of the schism from Mauloch to Trinimac for the Orsinium DLC.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Zenimax

I am Dranacea, a Bosmer nightblade and a loyal follower of Lord Hircine.

I am excited about the housing update! I have a question though.

When I'm not out hunting wild game as a Bosmer, I am in my werewolf form, eating the carcasses of deer and people.

So I have dietary requirements and a bohemian werewolf lifestyle that I hope will be accomodated in the housing update. Specifically, it would be great to have a variety of meat on my table, wild game like birds and deer curing in my cellar, etc etc.

I also eat 5 dozen eggs every morning so I'm roughly the size of a barge, and use antlers in all of my decorating.

As a snapshot into the diversity of items that will be available as housing decorations, can you describe any meat/animal and hunting themed items that we will be able to use?
    Edited by Celas_Dranacea on December 7, 2016 8:15PM
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we every be able to turn off vampire appearance? It's really hideous and ruins everything we did in that character creation page.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Will we every be able to turn off vampire appearance? It's really hideous and ruins everything we did in that character creation page.

If you feed to vampire 1 for 6hours you look mostly normal except for pale skin. No skin cracks etc.
    Options
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know, but that's up for interpretation just as people may say Akatosh and Auriel are the same, or Shor and Lorkhan are the same. In-game, the Orcs treat Mauloch as an Aedra and Malacath as a Daedra, which is a big enough split to consider them 'not identical' and provide a basis for a schism. Anyway, my question was about why they decided to change the Aedric side of the schism from Mauloch to Trinimac for the Orsinium DLC.

From what I've researched into the lore, that is not exactly so, even though what you say is not entirely wrong either, it just depends on whose orc perspective we are on.

Mauloch is Malacath, one and the same and he is a Daedra. Trinimac was an Aedroth until the betrayal of Boethiah. After that point Trinimac fell from Aedric status and became a Daedra, the Lord of Curses and Vengeance - due to having been betrayed and having rejected his Aedric self in exchange for seeking revenge. He was cursed by his own desire for vengeance against Boethiah and basically dragged all of his cultists with him down that road. Trinimac as he was, is no more. Malacath came to be, a new being born of the fire of vengeful emotion. Faced with the curse brought down on his followers, Malacath assumed the first Kingship for the Orc race, under the name Mauloch, setting the example of what future "Orchood" should be.

Now the name Mauloch, being a Kingship name for the "first Orc" (and therefore not so "tainted" as Malacath, even though they are one and the same) is preferred by those orcs who see Malacath as a King, a leader, an example, more than a Daedra of worship. They would certainly prefer to see Mauloch as an Aedra, but he in fact isn't anymore. That self "died" long ago as Trinimac fell and divided his cult.

In summary:
    To worship Trinimac is to worship a past Aedroth that no longer is.
    To worship Malacath is to worship a Daedra of vengeful anger.
    To worship Mauloch is to worship the first King, leader and example of the outcast Orc race.

Technically, however, they are one. While it is true that Trinimac's state of being fell and no longer exists as such, his essence is certainly living on inside Malacath, having been the basis for the new Daedra, and surely Mauloch as King was the same being and personality as Malacath - as he tried as a visible example to unite his outcasts.

This is what I believe is inferred in the lore, but I am by no means an expert. :smile:

Edited for typos.
    Edited by Zyrudin on December 8, 2016 10:42AM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've researched into the lore, that is not exactly so, even though what you say is not entirely wrong either, it just depends on whose orc perspective we are on.
    [...]
    This is what I believe is inferred in the lore, but I am by no means an expert. :smile:
    Yeah that sounds about right. My question still stands though; Kurog's Orcs were introduced during the Covenant storyline as followers of Mauloch, not Trinimac, and I would like to know why ZOS decided to change that.

Here's one of the in-game references (the loading screen to Obsidian Scar, the Public Dungeon in Rivenspire): The Orcs of the Daggerfall Covenant are mainly worshipers of Mauloch who, according to his adherents, is not by any means a Daedric Prince. But there are others, unaffiliated clans and outlaws, who worship Malacath, a deity all recognize as a Daedra.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Zyrudin
    Zyrudin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that sounds about right. My question still stands though; Kurog's Orcs were introduced during the Covenant storyline as followers of Mauloch, not Trinimac, and I would like to know why ZOS decided to change that.

Here's one of the in-game references (the loading screen to Obsidian Scar, the Public Dungeon in Rivenspire): The Orcs of the Daggerfall Covenant are mainly worshipers of Mauloch who, according to his adherents, is not by any means a Daedric Prince. But there are others, unaffiliated clans and outlaws, who worship Malacath, a deity all recognize as a Daedra.

I get what you're asking. It is an interesting question, to understand the lore decision to go for Mauloch on one instanced and Trinimac on another.

My view is that it may be easier for some of Trinimac worshipers to indulge in the idea that Mauloch is still the Aedroth Trinimac, because of the "good" traits of his Kingship example, which is a false premise (as Mauloch is Malacath trying to get their Orc race hardened as he is, to one day take revenge on Boethiah).
    Malacath worshipers don't try to veil the evident: that their Aedroth was too weak to resist temptation and to fall to Boethiah's schemes and therefore consider Malacath, as a Daedra, much better equipped to deal with the hardships of the world (even reinforcing the point of view that the whole world dislikes or is actively against Orcs as a race).

I am nevertheless expectant as to what ZOS' answer will be, very interesting point lore-wise, actually. :wink:
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you feed to vampire 1 for 6hours you look mostly normal except for pale skin. No skin cracks etc.

Yeah but that kind of turns off vamp at the same time. I use mist a lot in PvP, it's almost a requirement, so I'm going to constantly stage up. If they had a vampire 1 cosmetic that would be cool, I just don't want to look like a meth addict with pink eye and a moisturizing condition. I can't bare to look at my poor nord so I run polymorphs to hide it all.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have a way we can play while the game is installing?
    Options
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you release housing price ranges in gold and crowns?
    Options
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    Can you release housing price ranges in gold and crowns?

This idea sound like a nice idea :D I wouldn't mind paying it with my gold, and then save crowns for other things in-game!
    Options
  • KimoBitz
    KimoBitz
    ✭✭✭
    Will we ever see new types of restoration of staves,since destruction staves have 3 types and it makes me feel that restoration staves are left out
    Options
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be any free weekend on the upcoming Christmas and new years holiday?
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
    Options
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by NewbieOKS on December 11, 2016 3:11PM
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
    Options
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will we get to see Skingrad? or Solitude?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Options
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys should just do an ESO live that just responds to the huge backlog of the AUA thread :wink:

Options
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    You guys should just do an ESO live that just responds to the huge backlog of the AUA thread :wink:

This would be really helpful you know!
    Options
  • mitchtheelder
    mitchtheelder
    ✭✭✭
    will it ever be able to buy craft bags with crowns?
    AD
    Orc Nightblade - Manndingo
    BretonTemplar - M Mike Adriano
    Nord Dragonknight - Ser-Gregor Clegane
    High elf Sorcerer - Grand Maester Mitch
    Dark elf Nightblade - Gilbert Arenas
    Redguard Dragonknight - Half Man Half Amazing
    Redguard Sorcerer - Uncle Drew
    High Elf Dragonknight - Devon Larrat
    Imperial Warden - Sandor Clegane M
    Nord Necromancer - Tormund Husband to Bears
    High Elf Necromancer - Ana Maria della Salute
    High Elf - Warden - Samuel F Jackson
    Argonian - Templar - Kraken Reptile
    DC
    Argonian Warden - Gustavo Giviria Rivero
    High elf Sorcerer - Jackie Kennedy
    Orc Necromancer - Lucifer Blackstar
    EP
    Redguard Templar - MItch Buchanon
    1250cp
    Tick Tock Tormentor
    Immortal Redeemer
    Gryphon Heart
    Flawless Conqueror
    God Slayer
    Options
  • Travis10123
    Travis10123
    ✭✭
    Will we ever get a oceanic region server?
    Options
  • roigseguib16_ESO
    roigseguib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    will it ever be able to buy craft bags with crowns?

You can rent the bag. ESO+.
    Xavier Louis - Redguard Templar
    Xavier Luis - Redguard Sorcerer
    Xavier Löuis - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Xavier Louïs - Argonian Templar
    Legendary Xavi - Altmer Sorcerer
    War Chief Sosio - Orc Warden

Former Guild Master of Fuego
    Options
  • Banetek
    Banetek
    ✭✭✭
    will you start taking tougher actions against Chinese gold farmers / sellers? you can bring it up in eso live or I can ask again on twitch .. whatever works best for you.. Its pretty lame , nothing really happened until what, 2189372190763821756 people report the same person?
    Edited by Banetek on December 12, 2016 2:34PM
    Options
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    Banetek wrote: »
    will you start taking tougher actions against Chinese gold farmers / sellers? you can bring it up in eso live or I can ask again on twitch .. whatever works best for you.. Its pretty lame , nothing really happened until what, 2189372190763821756 people report the same person?

Only support deal with in-game player reports, not the forums staff :) you will have to make a ticket with then, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom would possible say the same thing as me.
    Options
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When can we get armor restyling?
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you looking at the fact that only two traits are considered useful on gear for PvE DPS? Sharpened and Divines outshine everything else to a degree that players see them as a necessity, not an interesting choice.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • redsteelb16_ESO
    Can the respawn time be decrease(lowered) for certain quest where players are funneled down a narrow path or in a confined space?

90% of players race through areas mass murdering everything in front of them, now this is fine since everyone plays differently, but this can be frustrating to players who take their time and enjoy the atmosphere and immersion of the game. The respawn time is set ridiculously long (over 2 minutes). It is possible to enter an area and have it devoid of any NPC or to have someone race past you and mass murder everything. If the respawn time was lowered to 30 seconds to 45 seconds then these areas would be more fun to share with other players, at the moment i despise playing with other players when we are funneled into an area not designed for multiple players.

The Thieves guild quest in the part called 'Cleaning House' is a good example. You had to travel a set path to get to the objective while avoiding guards and booby-traps. Most player just race through killing everything and tripping the booby-traps (not disarming them). I understand everyone is different, but the point of the thieves guild is to be more clandestine (or covert). Since the respawn time was set so long it made this section of the thieves quest pointless!!! Most of the time this area was devoid of the guards and all the booby-traps was tripped, I had to wait the longest time to play through it, in fact I came back in the early morning. I shouldn't have to do that, if this is an mmo it should feel good to share content with other players, having an area devoid of NPC or obstacles is not fun.

Other MMOs seem to balance this better, just funneling players into an confined area designed for a single player does not make for a good MMOs experience. I would hope you can reevaluate the respawn time to make more sense for all player types, thank you.
    Options
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the witches event recipes lowers vampire level.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    Options
This discussion has been closed.