Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Shield stacking sorcs eso's new tanks

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    Rampagex wrote: »
    Unfortunately i witnessed tonight another example of class imbalance . A shield stacking sorc numerous times was fighting groups of at least 10 - 15 , sometimes more , and it took time and a sizeable group to take him down . If that was not proof enough that shield stacking is broken i dont know what is , the funny thing is , a light armour wearing caster stacking shields is now ESO'S new tank class , nice work zos . So much for Heavy armour ...... Class imbalance and lag is ruining pvp

well for one thing he couldnt have been just shield stacking. while you cannot crit against shields, resist means nothing either. i know from personal experience you need 1. a lot of regen to even have a short time of shield spam time. 2. 1 dps can easily match a 50k max magicka hardened ward + harness magicka (or whatever morphs you using) spamming sorc's shields with damage.

This thread is approaching its 1st birthday.
    PC | EU
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solus wrote: »
    They need a nerf IMO. Should not be stackable. period. Or stuns/fear should remove shields.

They did get a nerf when this thread was relevant. Just how did you find this thread anyway?

Googling it because i was irritated that a low level person could completely render my build/class useless. And can take damage from 5 or more people without dying and still killing us off.

Broken

Every class built with defense in mind can do that.
    Nightblades can dodge and cloak, Dragonknights can reflect and block, Templars heal and build houses.
    Shields look strong (and are) at first, but you soon realize how expensive and short-lived they are. And while they mitigate critical hits, they are unaffected by impenetrable trait (obviously), but also armor. They also can't crit for 50% increased strength, as heals do. And they need active casting, unlike Vigor, but also expire, also unlike healing.
    To overcome shields, as already mentioned, time your CCs properly. If your opponent refreshes shields very often, keep the pressure up, he won't be able to retaliate and run out of resources spamming shields. Build for burst rather than dps. Keep a shield user out of line of sight by running around trees and rocks, while preparing your burst. He must spend magicka to keep shields up, even if they don't get attacked, as he can't afford to let them down. Wasting magicka.

Or just use proc sets.
    #wisestadviceevergivenonthisforum
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #Necro
    #HappyBirthdayThread
    #SorcerersGotTheirShieldsNerfedAlready
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    #Necro
    #HappyBirthdayThread
    #SorcerersGotTheirShieldsNerfedAlready

Well, he's still having problems with shields, so why not give advice? Granted, he overlooked the thread's date, but his concerns are perfectly present.
  • Solus
    Solus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    They need a nerf IMO. Should not be stackable. period. Or stuns/fear should remove shields.

They did get a nerf when this thread was relevant. Just how did you find this thread anyway?

Googling it because i was irritated that a low level person could completely render my build/class useless. And can take damage from 5 or more people without dying and still killing us off.

Broken

Nightblades can dodge and cloak, Dragonknights can reflect and block, Templars heal and build houses.
    Shields look strong (and are) at first, but you soon realize how expensive and short-lived they are. And while they mitigate critical hits, they are unaffected by impenetrable trait (obviously), but also armor. They also can't crit for 50% increased strength, as heals do. And they need active casting, unlike Vigor, but also expire, also unlike healing.
    To overcome shields, as already mentioned, time your CCs properly. If your opponent refreshes shields very often, keep the pressure up, he won't be able to retaliate and run out of resources spamming shields. Build for burst rather than dps. Keep a shield user out of line of sight by running around trees and rocks, while preparing your burst. He must spend magicka to keep shields up, even if they don't get attacked, as he can't afford to let them down. Wasting magicka.

Or just use proc sets.

So with this in mind, my build is a 5 viper, 5 spriggan (2 sharp maces), and 2 Veli. I would attack from stealth (saw the same guy CP 1(friggen)20) take a good 4/5th of his health. His health would insta go to 100%, hed spam shield and a few attacks, he had a scamp and twilight up, you cannot dodge roll a resto staff attack. and hed just constantly have his shield up, and i couldnt do anything at all to him. My Mass Hysteria was worthless because it wouldn't work. AT ALL.

Like I usually, unless they are full heavy, impen with 30k + health take them down in the first burst.

Weapon damage buffed from stealth is 3.5k, 1.8k regen, 32k stam I have vigor and rally and shuffle. Essence of weapon damage pots. 23k health. Like not many can stand my first burst. A few can, but i have enough sustain to manage the majority of players.

But for some reason this one guy I couldnt take down, and then when it was obvious i was winning hed use that dumb teleport move and get away.

Like, if you make a class that can insta heal, and shield vs crit my class is rendered irrelevant. I did fight more people that were shielding, but they used it once and i was able to use mass hysteria, and it worked. Just this one guy was literally invincible. I fought him numerous times 1v1, couldnt win. 1v10 we killed him. No one class should be able to 1v10.
    Edited by Solus on December 11, 2016 5:07AM
    The-Pumpkin-King // Stamblade

https://www.twitch.tv/beenerschnitzel

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

My PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GGWXsY
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Broken

Or just use proc sets.

So with this in mind, my build is a 5 viper, 5 spriggan (2 sharp maces), and 2 Veli. I would attack from stealth (saw the same guy CP 1(friggen)20) take a good 4/5th of his health. His health would insta go to 100%, hed spam shield and a few attacks, he had a scamp and twilight up, you cannot dodge roll a resto staff attack. and hed just constantly have his shield up, and i couldnt do anything at all to him. My Mass Hysteria was worthless because it wouldn't work. AT ALL.

Like I usually, unless they are full heavy, impen with 30k + health take them down in the first burst.

Weapon damage buffed from stealth is 3.5k, 1.8k regen, 32k stam I have vigor and rally and shuffle. Essence of weapon damage pots. 23k health. Like not many can stand my first burst. A few can, but i have enough sustain to manage the majority of players.

But for some reason this one guy I couldnt take down, and then when it was obvious i was winning hed use that dumb teleport move and get away.

Like, if you make a class that can insta heal, and shield vs crit my class is rendered irrelevant. I did fight more people that were shielding, but they used it once and i was able to use mass hysteria, and it worked. Just this one guy was literally invincible. I fought him numerous times 1v1, couldnt win. 1v10 we killed him. No one class should be able to 1v10.

The insta heal is *might have been healing ward from the resto staff skill line. It's also a 6 second ward that burst heals when it expires. It looks like a yellow egg-shaped bubble. It will heal for more the lower your hp is when you cast it, so if you cast it at 2% hp it will indeed "insta heal" when it expires after 6s. It will also take damage and heal for less the more damage it takes, so to mitigate this sorcs cast another ward first to stop healing ward from taking damage therefore getting a bigger heal. You need to cc them before they can cast healing ward and then finish them, I suggest an execute.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on December 11, 2016 5:30AM
    PC | EU
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if he was that good then he wasn't a fresh lvl20, he was probably an experienced player with 561cp on a smurf toon.
    PC | EU
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs typically don't heal well and spend a lot time in execute range.
    If you keep pressure up, sorcs will lose. They typically have it very hard to switch from full shielding to offense, as their bursts need lengthy preparation.
    Looks to me like you're not mobile enough if he streaked away. Shuffle, bow major expedition passive and Ambush should keep you close at all times.
    You gotta find out when to stall and when to pressure, while avoiding mines. I can tell you, if you pressure a sorc enough, they WILL succumb eventually, especially with proc sets. Keep an eye out for Eye of the Storm, though.
    (^_-)
    Edited by Lord-Otto on December 11, 2016 5:21AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, and pets (his Matriarch healed him) should be killed off quickly. And then always stay on him and bash interrupt his summoning attempts.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Today I run vWGT as a tank with full magicka sorcerer :tongue:
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if you want another nerf of sorcerer shiel ... i think the better option will be to delete the sorcerer . Because nobody will continue to play this class after this.
    Edited by Apherius on December 11, 2016 5:24PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Night blade with viper and veli crying about something being broken.

I'm at a loss.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's even happening right now? Where am I? Did I have a stroke and imagine the last year?
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I am in the twilight zone there are literally four sorcs that I can't kill. The others should just send their ap to me as I am running up. I fill my kill sorcs quest so fast now it's almost like kill enemy players. magic sorcs have very little sustain and once their shield goes they die. They are easy to run out of stam I am just not sure we can nerf them anymore it's why I stopped playing them. Running around in light armor with 20 k health is not viable, regardless of 100 bastion you will miss your shields and then it's over.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Solus
    Solus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Night blade with viper and veli crying about something being broken.

I'm at a loss.

Well, if the 'broken' proc sets cant one up something that is pre-proc sets then in turn it is also broken. Once they take those away, which they will probably around the housing update, what the f*ck then? PVP will be sh*t and completely unenjoyable; more so than it is now. What OTHER build do you recommend that is even relevant at all? One crafted set, agility, and 3/5ths of another crafted set or dropped set? Please
    Edited by Solus on December 12, 2016 3:29AM
    The-Pumpkin-King // Stamblade

https://www.twitch.tv/beenerschnitzel

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

My PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GGWXsY
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rampagex wrote: »
    Unfortunately i witnessed tonight another example of class imbalance . A shield stacking sorc numerous times was fighting groups of at least 10 - 15 , sometimes more , and it took time and a sizeable group to take him down . If that was not proof enough that shield stacking is broken i dont know what is , the funny thing is , a light armour wearing caster stacking shields is now ESO'S new tank class , nice work zos . So much for Heavy armour ...... Class imbalance and lag is ruining pvp

10-15 people trying to bring him down ? ??

4b782fd23c031571c1145b6db611fa14ab3c2533c0cfe9b876506e484527234c.jpg

WOW YOU HAVE SEEN A MAGSORC IN PVP!!!!

dammm that's like seeing a unicorn !!

"By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AntonioP can we get a lock on this thread seeing as the subject is no longer relevant. People are responding without realising it's a necro thread.
    PC | EU
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mSJ7Nfb2.png
  • cellobuddy
    cellobuddy
    ✭✭✭

Broken

Or just use proc sets.

If you can't kill a sorc with his shield down as a stamblade using viper/velidreth/spriggan from stealth, it's a l2p issue. No way around it. You can literally just do a fully charged heavy attack with that setup on a DW bar and they're dead. Combine it w/ incap strike or killer's blade just in case RNG hates you for crits on that person and they have no chance. You could also use the cloak morph that guarantees a crit on your next hit and then radiant magelight to empower that heavy attack. There's just no excuse for you failing to kill that guy.
    PC NA
    Capped CP
    Breton Magsorc - Cellobuddy
    Argonian Magplar - Cellobuddyheals
    Altmer Magblade - Cellobuddysteals
    Dunmer MagDK - Cellobuddyburns
    Orsimer Stamsorc - Cellobuddyruns
    Redguard Stamplar - Cellobuddyjabs
    Khajiit StamDK - Cellobuddyslices
    Bosmer Stamblade - Cellobuddysnipes
    Altmer Magplar - Cellobuddybeams
    Nord DK - Cellobuddytanks
    Breton Magden - Cellobuddylistens
    Orsimer Stamden - Cellobuddyprotects
    Argonian Tankden - Cellobuddypaintswithwind

Not the best by any means, but I get the job done.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I use surprise attack from stealth on a nb very few sorcs live past the 3rd hit. If he had time to streak, pet heal and shield stack, it's time to bounce on a gankblade. Don't give a chance to fight back.
    If you can get close enough, the stun from surprise attack is 4sec compared to the 1 or 2 sec from ambush. That alone can change the outcome of most sorc fights.

Also a lot of pvpers have immovable pots slotted just for this occasion.

Edited by kyle.wilson on December 12, 2016 2:18PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can't gank a magicka sorc from steath with proc sets then please quit the game. One less proctard stealth nightblade in Cyrodiil will actually make the game better.

I think this should win an award for necro thread of the year.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its very rare I drop to a ganker on my sorc. In fact I go looking for them :wink:

But its down to build. Not all magsorcs are <20k health, light-armour, no-impen wearing targets. And defensive rune :smile:

and magelight for when they try to get away..

Did I mention Infernal Guardian?
    Edited by Biro123 on December 12, 2016 3:21PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I think this is a mix of l2p and what is actually somewhat OP, namely shieldstacking. But im sure those other players he fought cant have been very good. Just my 2 scents

Since shieldduration was nerfed to 6 seconds I personaly have no problems with shieldstacking. Like if my enemy wants to recast 2-3shields every 6 seconds I´ll let him/her do that since they won´t sustain that long with that kind of gameplay, unless they´re very skilled and now what they´re doing. But then, is shieldstacking really the problem if that´s the case??