Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Shield stacking sorcs eso's new tanks

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Well its not very hard to pump a little more stamina regen and have plenty to break free on cool down. I do agree however, shield stacking is becoming rediculous, I never had a problem with sorcs blinking away forever, tanks blocking forever, nightblades cloaking forever, and stamina dps dodge rolling forever. None of these above can do significant damage while utilizing these techniques, a sorc (primarily, sorc are not the sole culprit) shield stacking can deal Mack truck style damage. The shields last forever as well...maybe a six to ten second max timer would be sufficient, causing them to cast it often, running them of resources? I don't know...tough situation though, the sorcs have been shield stacking for so long now that its becoming "how you play" a magicka sorc, the longer zos takes to change this, the worse its going to be as players eventually feel like shield stacking is THEIR playstyle. I would be pissed if zos nerfed my favorite playstyle.

They've already nerfed the hell out of my favorite playstyle at least a dozen times, if not more. (Non-healer Templar in the house...)
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Rampagex wrote: »
    Unfortunately i witnessed tonight another example of class imbalance . A shield stacking sorc numerous times was fighting groups of at least 10 - 15 , sometimes more , and it took time and a sizeable group to take him down . If that was not proof enough that shield stacking is broken i dont know what is , the funny thing is , a light armour wearing caster stacking shields is now ESO'S new tank class , nice work zos . So much for Heavy armour ...... Class imbalance and lag is ruining pvp

Sorry but this isn't anything new. Peeps have been shield stacking for months and the only thing that was done about it was the addition of the Shield Breaker set. Personally I think that you shouldn't be able to stack shield on shield on shield. If you can't take a hit and need 3+ shields for protection you should go back to PVE....

I agree with this so much. They wouldn't have to nerf shields in general had they just applied this whole major/minor system to shields. This would have made the system be more about choice as well, and would not have crapped all over the DK and Templar class.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest if your running High Elf with magicka sorc builds they will wreck good amount of people and have good amount of escapes while using streak. But when some nightblade or stamina Dk uses a gape closer with speed buff potion they might get him in time before he have all resources back. The Meta for PvP is all

Sorc>nightblade>Templar>DK

I made DK last cause the lack of class abilities that doesn't have enough power or have much stamina morphs but only adreant flame class. :(

If the Thieves Guild update or major update doesn't get another class balance. The game will be have no balance till dark brotherhood or another major update. :(

ZOS said "PvP balance.". That's good I guess? :|

Who knows when DKs will have good abilites instead of mostly tanking set up or damage that hits like a wet noodle most the time. Or some of the weapon abilities like dual wield mostly. It doesn't have pure damage just DoT's and steal tornado which most people use. :(
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on killing Force Siphon by yourself

This is proof that it's a l2p issue and also that @Force-Siphon is a scrub xP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIF6GmjOnKQ
    the funny thing is , a light armour wearing caster stacking shields is now ESO'S new tank class , nice work zos . So much for Heavy armour ...... Class imbalance and lag is ruining pvp

I would love to see a shield stacking sorc tank a organized group of even 8 lol
    Edited by DKsUnite on January 28, 2016 7:12AM
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lets do some mats here:

Sorc shields stacked in pve with 44k max magicka and 100CP into Bastion are 44k, of which 24k absorbs physical dmg.

This is in pve so the values in pvp are only 50%, around 22k spell shield and 12k phyiscal dmg shield. Most sorcs in pvp dont run inner + bound so their actual shield will usually be around 18k with 10k physical shield.

Assuming this sorc has a huge 22k shield which prevents 10-15 guys to burst through it.
    The time it takes roughly 1 second to cast a shield.

Most magicka sorcs have around 21k health in Cyrodiil.
    Lets say there are 8 guys dealing dmg, putting out a low 3k dps each, the total dps will be 24k.

The incoming dmg per second would already be higher than the total shield value of the sorc. Assuming the sorc cannot recast 2-3 shields in 1 second I would say the sorc should last around 5 seconds, even less if you add root, snare or hard-CC to the equation.

Sorcs are really strong in even numbered fights but in 1v10+ you can only blame the 10 guys for not dealing enough dmg.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on January 28, 2016 8:23AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    But, harness magica shouldn't stack with hardened ward. That should change. And make shields critable. It kills every crit build otherwise. Why bother making a crit build when any magica sorc or magica Dk don't take the extra damage?
    This!
    A damage reduction in the order of +50% with no down time or cool down as long as "skill" / shield is up?
    Sorry, but that's just not right.

Add to that the inherent imbalance that shield strength as well as attack strength is impacted in a major way based on only one resource (magicka in this case)

If game balance is anywhere on the agenda ... these issues should be addressed ... no matter who has or has not an easier time against whomever in PvP or even in PvE (-> leader boards)

Ways to do achieve a better balance and make more builds viable (even if the game becomes harder):
    • remove that damage output scales with resource (magicka or stamina)
    • make shield critable
    • shield with fixed amount of resource use should be based on health (or armor / resistance)
    It might be worthwhile to investigate shields that scale with resource (currently not implemented in ESO), which deplete that resource when hit. In short, you trade that resource for health. Naturally, any armor, resistance etc. would count in a similar way as for health when hit without a (magicka/stamina depleting) shield up, so it's not a 1:1 ratio.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets do some mats here:

Sorc shields stacked in pve with 44k max magicka and 100CP into Bastion are 44k, of which 24k absorbs physical dmg.

This is in pve so the values in pvp are only 50%, around 22k spell shield and 12k phyiscal dmg shield. Most sorcs in pvp dont run inner + bound so their actual shield will usually be around 18k with 10k physical shield.

18k shield with only 10k psyhical shield, haha, you dont see any resto staff on sorcs? this shields on sorc are about 20k with sorc class shiel+resto shield, with last 3rd sield from light armor they can have then almost 30k on pvp
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Lets do some mats here:

18k shield with only 10k psyhical shield, haha, you dont see any resto staff on sorcs? this shields on sorc are about 20k with sorc class shiel+resto shield, with last 3rd sield from light armor they can have then almost 30k on pvp

No they can't. Healing Ward is small unless you're real low. Plus it's a 6 second shield. Nobody recast it over and over. Plus the light armor shield is only against spells, not stamina skills.

Nobody is rocking a 30k shield in pvp. Nobody.
  • iosis13
    iosis13
    ✭✭
    Shieldstacking Sorcs = Tanks + huge damage output
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Lets do some mats here:

Healing ward will only be big if you're low on health.

30k shield is still nothing when fighting 10 players, I know there's a dmg reduction in Cyrodiil but 2 players should be able to bust down 30k shields. If you cannot do it with 10 guys its not the sorcs fault.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • iosis13
    iosis13
    ✭✭
    So... last week i was in IC with of my guild members.
    - 2 DDs and one Healer. All v16 geared. Also we know how to play (L2P trolls).
    - We manage to kill everything and made all dailys in a good time like every day
    - after finishing the last quest we run into Shey. A shieldstacking sorc.
    - We attacked him with everything we had.
    - He didnt lose his shield for the whole time
    - Also he throws more than 10k Cristal Frags and 8k curses
    - Also he throws shooting Stars every few seconds.
    - We didnt stand a chance (frustrating AF)
    - 2 more fights against him = same ***
    - So we moved on from Temple to Arboretum
    - We run into Master Kain (Shield Stacking Sorc)
    - same ***

I play on the EU Haderus Server and all blues seem to play Mag-Sorcs these days.
    - especially the dominating guild Blue Girls Group
    They dominate Haderus with a lot less players than AD.

But everytime i look in this forum at a nerf shieldstacking sorc thread there are this shieldstacking sorc who say "NO shieldstacking sorcs arent overpowered, it is ok how it is, oh and btw nerf Stamblades"

It seems that everyone will buff his main class and nerf all others instead of balancing the game.

I say: nerf the shieldstacking mechanic and spamming of gap closers (ambush) and the game will be a little bit more balanced.

(Sorry English is not my first languague)
  • Force-Siphon
    Force-Siphon
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm such a scrub I wouldn't have started a forum post just saying...the dude in that vid is a close friend who I 2xX with and have no shame not being able to beat a guy with a build that can take 3/meteors, a leap, and a banner and not flinch. Maybe instead of all the sorc salt ppl should learn to play from Leo...he is OP!

And maybe instead of posting someone else's vid you should post your own of beating me but you wouldn't have that would ya ;)
    The one and only Force Siphon - PVP Sorc NA
    1 man zerg

twitch.tv/forcesiphon
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm such a scrub I wouldn't have started a forum post just saying...the dude in that vid is a close friend who I 2xX with and have no shame not being able to beat a guy with a build that can take 3/meteors, a leap, and a banner and not flinch. Maybe instead of all the sorc salt ppl should learn to play from Leo...he is OP!

And maybe instead of posting someone else's vid you should post your own of beating me but you wouldn't have that would ya ;)
    @Force-Siphon this is Leo not some random scrub xD

more reactive builds in 2016. that's my promise #Leo2016
    Edited by DKsUnite on January 28, 2016 10:46AM
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    iosis13 wrote: »
    Shieldstacking Sorcs = Tanks + huge damage output

• Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 things to add here, please think about pve before screaming Nerf. And, can't sorcs stack healing ward with hardened ward vs stamina users?

Just to give my view on this, I've not had much issue killing magic sorcs with my stamina sorc so I assume they're just as killable as anyone else, though usually take a few more hits than most, can't moan about that though as a nightblade cloaks making the fight take just as long, some dragon knights can be tough to take down too, its just magic templars I feel bad for, they could use some love.
  • Force-Siphon
    Force-Siphon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leo outplayed me once again xD
    The one and only Force Siphon - PVP Sorc NA
    1 man zerg

twitch.tv/forcesiphon
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Shields down , recast shields , rinse , repeat as needed , easy if have regen . Unless an overwhelming amount of non crit damage can burst through/lock down the caster

That's why you cc every time immunity ends. Their stam will take maybe 3 ccs and be able to break free if they don't doodge, sprint or block. When they can't break free, game over

If a sorc only uses his stamina for CC breaking, then with ~900 stam regen, he will regenerate all stamina he used on a break free before he need to break again. You will never run him out of stamina, even if you apply CC every 8 seconds.

Well that's how I kill sorcs and sorcs kill me.

Well then they or you do not have enough stam regen, or waste stamina on something else than CC breaking. Otherwise it's just math: CC break immunity lasts 8 seconds, you get 4 stam regen ticks in 8 seconds, 4x900=3600 which is about the cost of CC break.
    Stam is also use for dodge rolling and blocking too.

A shieldstacking sorc has no need for dodge rolling or blocking. Blocking does not lessen the damage shields take. And while rolling may be useful every once in a while, it is not a major defense mechanic for a magicka build, so the odd dodge here and there can be easily covered by a potion(usually as a side effect of using tristat for getting back magicka).

What?._. CC immunity for 8 seconds? Wtb that...

Look at the white swirls under enemy feet. It lasts 8 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfODZM4a-PQ
    A shielding sorc has to block if they want to avoid CC(it's cheaper than breaking free but it won't give you CC immunity for it's argueable which is better).

One block is cheaper. But CC break means you won't have to block for 8 seconds, and in those 8 seconds the blocks (to keep preventing being CC-ed) would cost you more than the break will.

CC immunity has never ever lasted 8 seconds for me ._. I think it's about 3. I so wish it did lol. Oh how OP I'd be then... xD.

All i can say - record your own gameplay, then watch the video afterwards. I know that the duration of immunity always seems like it's gone in a flash while i am playing, but when i think "no way that was 8 seconds" and re-watch it on video, i find out it really was. You just have a different perception of time while fighting.

(if you have an nvidia card, then Shadowplay will do the trick. It continually saves the last 5 mins of my gameplay, and i can save the clip with a button press)

Alright, tried that and asked some more people and we settled down on CC immunity being 6 seconds or so, so guess we were both wrong :tongue:
    However, my personal Stam regen is ~600, I'm willing to bet it's the same for most "shield stacking" sorcs. Let's give it the benefit of doubt and CP and make it 700. That means 3*700 ticks in 6 seconds=2100. A CC break costs a little over 4k iirc so roughly double the amount I regen. My stam is a little over 14k with purple food. So I can break free something about 6 times in a row assuming CC immunity works properly every time(which it doesn't) and I NEVER block nor dodge or anything(which I do). In reality it's usually more like 3-4 CC for me personally. It's very possible to OOS a magicka sorc.
    Granted there's plenty of sorc out there better than me but they all(well, almost all I suppose) run roughly similar setups and have roughly same amount of stam and stam regen.

So maybe we can already move on from "nerf sorc" to "what are viable counters against a magicka sorc?" ;)
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    Leave shields alone you noobies
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tennant94 wrote: »
    Leave shields alone you noobies

@tennant94 Yea letting you know now this comment alone is gonna cause a rage fest. Enjoy the spammed inbox.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields down , recast shields , rinse , repeat as needed , easy if have regen . Unless an overwhelming amount of non crit damage can burst through/lock down the caster

That's why you cc every time immunity ends. Their stam will take maybe 3 ccs and be able to break free if they don't doodge, sprint or block. When they can't break free, game over

If a sorc only uses his stamina for CC breaking, then with ~900 stam regen, he will regenerate all stamina he used on a break free before he need to break again. You will never run him out of stamina, even if you apply CC every 8 seconds.

Well then they or you do not have enough stam regen, or waste stamina on something else than CC breaking. Otherwise it's just math: CC break immunity lasts 8 seconds, you get 4 stam regen ticks in 8 seconds, 4x900=3600 which is about the cost of CC break.

A shieldstacking sorc has no need for dodge rolling or blocking. Blocking does not lessen the damage shields take. And while rolling may be useful every once in a while, it is not a major defense mechanic for a magicka build, so the odd dodge here and there can be easily covered by a potion(usually as a side effect of using tristat for getting back magicka).

A shielding sorc has to block if they want to avoid CC(it's cheaper than breaking free but it won't give you CC immunity for it's argueable which is better).

One block is cheaper. But CC break means you won't have to block for 8 seconds, and in those 8 seconds the blocks (to keep preventing being CC-ed) would cost you more than the break will.

CC immunity has never ever lasted 8 seconds for me ._. I think it's about 3. I so wish it did lol. Oh how OP I'd be then... xD.

All i can say - record your own gameplay, then watch the video afterwards. I know that the duration of immunity always seems like it's gone in a flash while i am playing, but when i think "no way that was 8 seconds" and re-watch it on video, i find out it really was. You just have a different perception of time while fighting.

(if you have an nvidia card, then Shadowplay will do the trick. It continually saves the last 5 mins of my gameplay, and i can save the clip with a button press)

Alright, tried that and asked some more people and we settled down on CC immunity being 6 seconds or so, so guess we were both wrong :tongue:
    However, my personal Stam regen is ~600, I'm willing to bet it's the same for most "shield stacking" sorcs. Let's give it the benefit of doubt and CP and make it 700. That means 3*700 ticks in 6 seconds=2100. A CC break costs a little over 4k iirc so roughly double the amount I regen. My stam is a little over 14k with purple food. So I can break free something about 6 times in a row assuming CC immunity works properly every time(which it doesn't) and I NEVER block nor dodge or anything(which I do). In reality it's usually more like 3-4 CC for me personally. It's very possible to OOS a magicka sorc.
    Granted there's plenty of sorc out there better than me but they all(well, almost all I suppose) run roughly similar setups and have roughly same amount of stam and stam regen.

So maybe we can already move on from "nerf sorc" to "what are viable counters against a magicka sorc?" ;)

As Sorc you can Break Free every 6 seconds 100% sustainable if:
    1. You have 2 skill points in the passive Daedric Protection for + 20% Stamina Regeneration
    2. You put 10 CP in Mooncalf for + 5% Stamina Regeneration
    3. Put 100 CP in Tumbling for 25% cost reduction of Break Free
    4. Run with tri-pots for +20% Stamina Regeneration & 170 Stamina/second from 7582/45 seconds

You can also use Essence of Immovability instead of the tri-pot for the 15 seconds of immunity against Knockback and disabling having the same Stamina effect as tripot, but misses the Magicka.
    Edited by hrothbern on January 28, 2016 6:17PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

As Sorc you can Break Free every 6 seconds 100% sustainable if:
    1. You have 2 skill points in the passive Daedric Protection for + 20% Stamina Regeneration
    2. You put 10 CP in Mooncalf for + 5% Stamina Regeneration
    3. Put 100 CP in Tumbling for 25% cost reduction of Break Free
    4. Run with tri-pots for +20% Stamina Regeneration & 170 Stamina/second from 7582/45 seconds

You can also use Essence of Immovability instead of the tri-pot for the 15 seconds of immunity against Knockback and disabling having the same Stamina effect as tripot, but misses the Magicka.

My numbers are with Daedric Protection(and no Mooncalf but 5% from 600 isn't gonna save me; I also did round it up to 700 just in case) and ~40 CP in Tumbling(can't afford more atm because Magicka regeneration and stuff). And I do run 3 pots but you realize they also have a cooldown of 45 seconds, right?

It's possible to build to minimize the stamina loss, not so sure on completely neglecting it - you would have to sacrifice some magicka (sustain) for stamina then probably. And I'm willing to bet most of the "shield stacking OP sorcs" don't play on that - they're simply good at avoiding that CC first of all. Surely you don't seriously think "shield stacking" seriously allows a sorc to tank 10 players out in the open by just standing there and spamming shields/break free?
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Unfortunately i witnessed tonight another example of class imbalance . A shield stacking sorc numerous times was fighting groups of at least 10 - 15 , sometimes more , and it took time and a sizeable group to take him down . If that was not proof enough that shield stacking is broken i dont know what is , the funny thing is , a light armour wearing caster stacking shields is now ESO'S new tank class , nice work zos . So much for Heavy armour ...... Class imbalance and lag is ruining pvp

Sorry but this isn't anything new. Peeps have been shield stacking for months and the only thing that was done about it was the addition of the Shield Breaker set. Personally I think that you shouldn't be able to stack shield on shield on shield. If you can't take a hit and need 3+ shields for protection you should go back to PVE....

I agree with this so much. They wouldn't have to nerf shields in general had they just applied this whole major/minor system to shields. This would have made the system be more about choice as well, and would not have crapped all over the DK and Templar class.

Dumb idea. sorcs wouldn't last 2 sec then.
    Edited by bardx86 on January 28, 2016 8:28PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you are not aware, there are two CC immunities: the one you get after breaking free, and the one you get after you let a CC expire on it's own. The former lasts 8 seconds, the latter lasts only 5 seconds.
    Edited by Sharee on January 28, 2016 8:33PM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In case you are not aware, there are two CC immunities: the one you get after breaking free, and the one you get after you let a CC expire on it's own. The former lasts 8 seconds, the latter lasts only 5 seconds.

I'm talking about first one, which is definitely less than 8 seconds in my experience(and on my video). I'm betting on 6.
    Second one, in my experience, doesn't actually apply 3/4 times. I'm still not even sure it's really intended.
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Shields should not stack. Shields should be a buff and come in major and minor forms just like other buffs.

For example, assuming v16: Major shields absorb 30% of incoming damage for 20 seconds or until 8k damage is taken, whichever comes first. Minor shields absorb 30% for 8 seconds or 8k damage. Casting a new shield buff just resets the timer, if it's the same type.

Shields by themselves should not prevent a critical hit or a debuff. Their sole job should be to absorb damage.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont nerf sorcs, just buff tanks by removing resistance hard caps
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bad idea, did you play everquest. casters couldn't dent tanks. resisted everything then they would just smack the dress wearers with a stick, dead.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm talking about first one, which is definitely less than 8 seconds in my experience(and on my video). I'm betting on 6.
    Second one, in my experience, doesn't actually apply 3/4 times. I'm still not even sure it's really intended.

Why do you need betting when you have it on video? Just time it. Better yet, post the video.

As for the second one, it always applies, but sometimes too late. (Chief culprit being wrecking blow)

[edit] Just to make sure things haven't changed since i made my last video, i made a new one. You can see me CC breaking three times in a row, and each time the immunity lasts exactly 8 seconds:
    https://youtu.be/79eXynuGcbg
    Edited by Sharee on January 28, 2016 11:02PM
  • joleda4ub17_ESO
    joleda4ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

In a game that involves PVP, there is (almost) no way to buff one class without nerfing the others. Buffing tanks resistence basically lowers the mages damage versus said tank. When the tank and mage fight, the mage has an effective nerf.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »

bad idea, did you play everquest. casters couldn't dent tanks. resisted everything then they would just smack the dress wearers with a stick, dead.

as opposed to what we have now?

you know the dress wearer still has mobility and some phys resistance vs the stick
    tanks cannot move, only hold their ground. Yet when a mobile dmg dealing class has better survivability and melts through the tanks defenses maybe tanks need some love?

Smart dress wearers will have to target priority.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.