Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WHY ZOS? WHY MAKE CROWN STORE EXCLUSIVE MOTIFS?!!!

• Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    A big question on this is where to obtain the material to craft it. If it is a crown store motif it's bad enough, but where will the material be dropped?

Easy answer would be: stones also in crown store - mimic stones
    but "proper" stone for this motif is named Grinstone/ Grintooth
    So maybe those going to start droping somewhere in the world?

But Zenimax, please -in easly places, not from 1 daily chest or from veteran trials (like Celestial right now) :/
    It would be best to add them as common drop from chest in DLC zone (instead of stones for barbaric/Primal/Ancient Elf)
    Edited by Kemono on October 9, 2016 2:03PM
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, still not one official response on the matter? I'd like to know 4 things:
    1. Is this Grim Harlequin motif a truly crown store exclusif motif or is there an in game way to get it?
    2. Do we have to use only mimic stones from the crown store to use this motif or will we have something that drop in game to do so as well?
    3. Do people using this motif will be able to sell pieces of armor and weapons to other players and make money out of it?
    4. Can we know how many crowns this motif will cost us?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober can you give us some informations pretty please? :)

Please, don't leave us in the dark when Halloween is on its way, it's not safe! I can hear some Draugr rumbling with hunger and even Wispmothers chanting some strange melodies to lure us in the darkness of ignorance, put on the light and make all these evil spirits vanish. ;)
  • lucian_banneb18_ESO
    Still no replies?

At least a simple statement such as:
    "There are Crown Store exclusive items, such as Pets, Mounts, Costumes, aso. Motifs are now also on the list. They will not be obtainable ingame (much like most of the mounts & pets now). And Housing stuff will be present there soon. But thank you for your support!"

Although I'd love to have the Grim Harlequin motif obtainable in game. If that's so, I'd greatly appreciate a confirmation. At least they could say that it'll come in the future.
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no replies?

At least a simple statement such as:
    "There are Crown Store exclusive items, such as Pets, Mounts, Costumes, aso. Motifs are now also on the list. They will not be obtainable ingame (much like most of the mounts & pets now). And Housing stuff will be present there soon. But thank you for your support!"

Although I'd love to have the Grim Harlequin motif obtainable in game. If that's so, I'd greatly appreciate a confirmation. At least they could say that it'll come in the future.

Let's say One Tamriel is leaving them no time to respond. ;) We'll figure it out some enough by ourselves anyway...
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how people whine about ZOS selling cosmetic items in a MMO that is free to play. How do you think they keep it going? I heard it's quite expensive to keep an MMO up and running...
    Edited by Amphithoe on October 11, 2016 8:54PM
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how people whine about ZOS selling cosmetic items in a MMO that is free to play. How do you think they keep it going? I heard it's quite expensive to keep an MMO up and running...

It's free to play. That's funny because I remember i had to buy it.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A big question on this is where to obtain the material to craft it. If it is a crown store motif it's bad enough, but where will the material be dropped?

Material will be dropped from the, you guessed it, Crown Store.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diminish wrote: »

Material will be dropped from the, you guessed it, Crown Store.

All hail grinding the Crown Store for mats! :smiley:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Buy to play. And they ought to have been getting enough from ESO plus members like me. Guess not =/
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Buy to play. And they ought to have been getting enough from ESO plus members like me. Guess not =/

Maybe, maybe not. My theory is that they are positioning ESO for Free to Play and they are putting things like Crown Crates and Crown Store exclusives in place for that purpose. I don't think they are necessarily in revenue trouble as much as ESO is getting on in years and ZOS wants to move on to something else.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

You gotta admit Johana.

That was a massive fail and quite an insult - Moved but no input? Really? lol. Nice.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They arent going to comment. They know why and we know why.
    They know we know why and we know they know that we know why.
    So why comment at all? No reason to.
    The mods and the developers dont make the decision anyway, someone at ZoS corporate does.

Ive got the crowns, but Im not going to buy this motif on principle.
    I think its ugly anyway.

Im also going to avoid trying to get the one that does drop in game for this event.
    Its just too short a time to get 14 pages, particularly if the drop rates are anything like
    Drauger or Trinimac.

*EDIT* I thought this was going to be another 5K crowns motif.
    2.2K isnt bad considering the style stones you get with it. I might have to reconsider buying it.

Edited by Katahdin on October 13, 2016 11:47PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

You gotta admit Johana.

That was a massive fail and quite an insult - Moved but no input? Really? lol. Nice.

FYI forum mods only enforce rules and keep the forums tidy. If you want answers, they only come from the community leaders, like Gina.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    senhavran wrote: »
    So, still not one official response on the matter? I'd like to know 4 things:
    1. Is this Grim Harlequin motif a truly crown store exclusif motif or is there an in game way to get it?
    2. Do we have to use only mimic stones from the crown store to use this motif or will we have something that drop in game to do so as well?
    3. Do people using this motif will be able to sell pieces of armor and weapons to other players and make money out of it?
    4. Can we know how many crowns this motif will cost us?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober can you give us some informations pretty please? :)

Please, don't leave us in the dark when Halloween is on its way, it's not safe! I can hear some Draugr rumbling with hunger and even Wispmothers chanting some strange melodies to lure us in the darkness of ignorance, put on the light and make all these evil spirits vanish. ;)

1. confirmed by Gina - crown store only
    2. No, only Mimic stones
    3. yes - this is not so funny part, you buy for real money, you sell for in-game gold (gold selling?)
    4. someone wrote about 2200

but I do not like the idea of crown store exclusive motifs, the same goes for Hollowjack - pretty nice one, during the festival it trops motif pages and style mat in the game, after the festival, only mimic stones (if you run out of the style mats grinded during the festival or sold in guild stores
  • Silverhearth
    Silverhearth
    ✭✭✭
    OMG you're right. I Wasn't thinking about that O.O
    Nacht unter Fremden. Geheimnisse in der Dunkelheit. Nocturnal ist hier.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya get 54 mimic stones with it for 2200. The stones by themselves are 2400. So that sounds like a good deal if your looking to by mimic stones
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Ya get 54 mimic stones with it for 2200. The stones by themselves are 2400. So that sounds like a good deal if your looking to by mimic stones

why should anyone buy mimic stones? ;) At least there's a reason to do so now ;)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Silverhearth
    Silverhearth
    ✭✭✭
    Well i don't like the idea of buying mimic stones for real money and be able to sell the mats (by deconsrtacting) or the armor for high amount of ingam gold... thats RL money to ingame gold dealing and i hate it when MMOs do that. That's a really bad way to go! Just the possibility is too much!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    They arent going to comment. They know why and we know why.
    They know we know why and we know they know that we know why.
    So why comment at all? No reason to.
    The mods and the developers dont make the decision anyway, someone at ZoS corporate does.

Ive got the crowns, but Im not going to buy this motif on principle.
    I think its ugly anyway.

Im also going to avoid trying to get the one that does drop in game for this event.
    Its just too short a time to get 14 pages, particularly if the drop rates are anything like
    Drauger or Trinimac.

*EDIT* I thought this was going to be another 5K crowns motif.
    2.2K isnt bad considering the style stones you get with it. I might have to reconsider buying it.

The drop rate is ridiculous. Ridiculously high.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The doing it to make money, at some point after housing is released there will be some limited time special houses for sure, they have to make money.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everyone that is okay with this and supports this kind of gimmick, i don't know what going on in that brain of yours.

Motifs plays a large part in the game, it is also one of many reasons why people kept playing ESO thus supporting this mechanic will just make things worst. Now If Zenimax sees that this gimmick works and people are buying it, the *** looking motifs would be farmable and the best looking ones would be locked behind a paywall or worst case scenario future motifs would be crown store exclusive. To be honest Zos is gonna lose a lot of players due to bad marketing decision and we've already lost some of the older players because of this.

Tagged spoiler because it was unnecessary to read, it was my personal experience with an MMO's downfall.
    In my experience, I've witnessed an MMO's downfall first hand while playing Allods online in my country(PH). It became popular here and we have like hundreds of thousand player base, the game lasted like two to three years but apparently the game shuts down due to bad management and greedy ass company. Level-Up games refuses to implement the patch Game of the Gods in time probably due to lack of funding (where the hell did our money go? through their pockets A belly full of money but wasted dearly) because they bought the game and acted independently but the damage has been done, the players decided to play NA while waiting forgetting their bitter past with Allods Ph. Then it was too late when they decided to update the game which was 1 and a half year later after the international patch's release, also due to absence of a game masters, customer support, & pay to win model.

As i see ESO is heading this way and the only thing that kept players hanging is because of ES universe, new type of MMO play style, & brand new contents but the question is how long could they keep up? Don't get me wrong here, I really loved ES and it's the best MMO to date but if ever i find an MMO like ESO and had better management while Zos keeps milking us then i guess it's time to migrate, a lot of my friends feels the same but we still keep our hopes up.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Silverhearth
    Silverhearth
    ✭✭✭
    Even if they made some shop-exclusive houses: with houses you can't make ingame-money! But with Styles you can and it seems, that they'll make some exclusives for winterevent, too! Hopefully this expectation is wrong.... But if the harlequin style works and they still don't answer to one of the threads... well let's say they always were famous for their good fan-creator-relationship, but now they'd loose their good reputation and so lots of players (though some of my friends can't believe that Zos won't do anything about it)!
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    So, this will ONLY be bad. This will in fact open the ESO black market. Cold hard cash to craft for other players, cold hard cash to pay for the motif, cold hard cash for the style materials. Not exactly well thought out...