The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Maintenance on ESO Megaservers - 9/14/16 @ 2:00pm EDT [COMPLETE]

• raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a quick update - we're currently testing the PC EU megaserver, and currently plan to bring that back online first once it's ready.

In another hour or two, right?
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS LOOK AT ME!!!!!, LOOK AT ME!!!!! IM A WHITE KNIGHT Take as long as you want to fix this beautiful game and amazing world we play in, I love you guys/girls so much!!!!

Shout out to @Gina For an awesome post notifying us on the down time *Giggle* your soooo cute xx

Everyone needs to calm down I've been gaming for 75 years and one day I hope to become an ESO Community Ambassador
    and my life will be complete.

This is the leader in the clubhouse for Best Comment of the Thread.

XBox NA
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    First I was like
    giphy.gif

Then I was like
    giphy.gif

Now I'm like
    giphy.gif

Phoebe Anderson
  • Rebornlogic
    Rebornlogic
    ✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    I have not time to play everyday but from the past 5 times I had time 3 times the servers were down. Can be conincidence but however I cant remember any mmo where this was the case during the past 10 years. And even if these mmos where down unexpected there was always a compensation for each single time.

Hacks, exploits everywhere in pvp. Bugged sets not fixed for ages. Loading times in cyrodiil of 5 min. Server downs over and over. I never ever played an mmo with such low quality.

Imagine you have 1 hour time to play you got to cyro -> 5 min loading time to travel -> you spawn at start cause battle is over -> you ride to your mates -> being ganked because you are to late -> 5 min loading screen to respawn. Half an hour is over just with riding and loading screens. And then you have a 1v1 against a player on top of the leaderboard where your oppenent is running faster than you with sprint and speedbuff and still can use abilities. Report these guys does not help. Nothing happens.

If it wouldnt be principly that good from its concept and combat system I would have quit long ago. Actually I didnt but it becomes exhausting meanwhile. Its not the down times alone which annoys me. Its the whole package together.

maybe you should upgrade your net service if your taking 5 mins to load into cyro. even when the whole campaign says full, it takes me 20-30 sec to get in?
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update - we're currently testing the PC EU megaserver, and currently plan to bring that back online first once it's ready.

Thank you and please understand, this frustration is because many of us had no warning (believe me it helps more than you might think) and this is happening again and again in prime time.

But that's all it is, frustration.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

awesome!!! any ETA for that??

one hour, two, four?

I want to play please!!! :)
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think five minutes of warning for those of us in-game isn't too much to ask. Saying "we try to" is a bit disingenuous in an artificial environment. Do or do not, there is no try. In-game messages are not delivered by carrier pigeon.

But there's also *cannot* and *could not* -- if something unexpected brought the servers down, just say so. Maybe some people will lose confidence in the game's stability, but that's better than everyone who was in-game thinking the administrators at ZOS get their jollies by arbitrarily kicking everyone from game without the slightest bit of warning.

Bouncing us all out of the game without a warning is rude if it was done intentionally.

If it was unintentional, pretending otherwise is not cool.
  • Emmeric1964
    Emmeric1964
    ✭✭
    I think I'm going to be drunk by the time the servers come back.

On Irish Whiskey.

I'll have to play an orc character, for sure.
  • dotlife
    dotlife
    ✭✭
    I gotta say that I personally dont belive they are going to really truely fix it. This will remain unstable and the upcomming 'fix' will just plove the way for yet another soon to come fix. It seems like its spinning out of control. I am glad I dont have any money invested.
  • ElBiggus
    ElBiggus
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.
    Sure, because keeping a malfunctioning service running is a great idea.
    I love the way people think that bringing servers down over and over and over again is "ZOS doing their job". NOT bringing down servers all the time and keeping services running is doing your job.

But if they were doing their job it would not be malfunctioning.

Imagine I ran a train company, and three or four times a week I took all my trains off the track (sometimes during peak commuter time), throw any passengers out wherever the trains happen to be, mumble that I don't know how long it'll take, and then do a rubbish repair job so that they'll all just break down in another day or so and I'll have to do it again. Would you say I was doing my job? No. My job is to run trains, and if you were a passenger you'd be entitled to complain.

For some reason there's a percentage of gamers who will vehemently defend business practices that in any other field would put you out of business really quickly: failing to deliver on promises, selling products that don't work properly, providing terrible customer service, and a whole host of other failings are apparently something we have to put up with, and I don't see why. If you're not annoyed then great, good for you, but don't you dare tell me I'm not allowed to be annoyed and that this kind of service is not only acceptable, but is in some way how it's supposed to be.
  • Creezy
    Creezy
    ✭✭
    This is unacceptable. Period. I am not a Beta-tester - I actually put some $$$ into this game. Still I feel treated like one.

No matter what the ZOS fanboys say in this forum - this is unacceptable.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kirameku wrote: »
    Those "useless employees" make playing this game possible in the first place. Those same "useless employees" are who will have the game back up and further rollbacks not happen. Hate to break it to ya, but replacing those people will not do any good. In fact, it could very well make things worse!

You people really need to chill and think with a level head. Your anger issues are so fargone not even Jack Nicholson could help you.

Sorry but the only thing I can see now is how the game not working for 4 days in 1.5 weeks. What does this mean? Ppl don't do their jobs. They can't do their job proper and make servers work in prime time. Thats why I wrote that message.

As I said before, *** happens, and this is NO FAULT of Zenimax. They do what they can to get the game back up and running so we can play it, same as any company. As has been said in an ESO Live, you cannot fix 1 thing without something else breaking. At times like these, urgent fixes could very well proc this circumstance and they must hustle to fix THAT too. Apparently, some major *** has been going down and they are dealing with it constantly. And yet, rather than thank them for trying to keep their game playable, people *** at them over maintenance times...

Let me ask you all this: Would you rather they take the time to fix things as they happen, or let them be and NEVER fix them thus rendering the game truly dead? Think it through as you teeter back and forth in your arm chairs or sofas waiting for this maintenance to conclude... I mean I get that everyone wants to play the game but the overreactions are real.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 14, 2016 7:02PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • HerrRudi
    HerrRudi
    Soul Shriven
    HerrRudi wrote: »
    What's the most read lorebook?

Notes on Racial Phylogeny

All this stuff I copy-pasted

Can I just point out quickly that I find it hilarious that the r-word is fine in-game while it's censored on the forums?

• LuminaLilly
    LuminaLilly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rollbacks and loss of progress....now I'm a little paranoid. I can wait for maintenance to finish but I hope my character isn't lost. I'm on xb NA. I hope it hadn't happened to me while I was away. It was good last night.
    Edited by LuminaLilly on September 14, 2016 7:02PM
  • tat2mano
    tat2mano
    ✭✭✭✭

Dont twist his words,he is right,
    if ZoS would do a decent job or hire decent techs these problems what occur now wouldnt happen (this frequently s they do).
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭

Could you pretty please ask them to do a quadruple check before they bring them back up so they don't take them back down again in like say another hour after that?????
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we normally make every effort to give in-game notice when we're bringing a server offline, we wanted to expedite it in this particular case to prevent further loss of progress that some of you had already run into. Again, as mentioned earlier in this thread, we expect downtime to be at least a couple hours. We'll keep everyone updated in this thread.

While we appreciate what you were trying to do.... 5 more minutes delay to warn us wouldn't have made a difference for rollback but you have to understand how utterly frustrating it is to have been in the middle of a big fight, or a dungeon, or a trial, or mail, or any number of things you WOULD HAVE WAITED TO EVEN START with a little warning, and suddenly be disconnected. For a couple hours. with no idea where your character will even be when you come back. How many accounts will need inventory corrections now because of items stuck in limbo when they would have delayed sending that mail or listing in guild store oct when they went down? I know _I'VE lost stuff that way and it was never returned to me. :( Not cool ZOS, not professional.

Your character will be back to where they were after the servers went back online, as I suspect that is how far rolled back everyone will be. Would've been less professional to let people continue playing on a server not storing data by the way.

My point being though, that no-one KNOWS what we will be rolled back to. Nor do we know what consequences interrupted actions will have on the reboot. things i have in inventory for weeks that were in the middle of being sent may or MAY
    NOT show up in my inventory OR the mail. As has previously happened to me. With a warning many potential issues could have been entirely avoided by simply giving us time to get ready for servers going down. now its not just a couple hours down time (which, really, how much progress can you REALLY make in 5 minutes? if its much you, sir, are a wizard and need to teach us these skills of wondrous character progression) but its opening themselves up to even more issues needing fixing per account for those of us caught in the middle of actions the server may or may not roll back for. _I_ have not had a roll back in the past 72 hours on my character, but the server going down very well may cost me items i will have to grind for all over again that i earned weeks ago.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7606831.gif
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno You are a Brave lady posting in here, but thank you from all of Europe PC :)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takaramono wrote: »
    Come on guys one day out of every maybe two weeks its offline as far as I can tell. Now I could be wrong, but whats the point in wasting your time complaining about the inevitable? It needs to be done obviously, or they would not have taken the servers down in the first place. Down time for them means loss of business, so I am sure they try to get the servers back online as quickly as possible.

Besides I bet you could be doing something else to pass the time instead of crying about it on their forums, like the tears are going to magically cause the mega server to reappear on your launcher.

PS4 NA server was just down for maintenance literally 9 hours ago...
  • BeTheMoose
    Lol people complaining they're in the middle of vMoL... Xbox can't even do VMOL because it's broken. Will this be fixed here? Xbox players are itching to be able to run it again @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Lazyturle66
    Lazyturle66
    Soul Shriven
    This is why i´m glad that i bought crowns directly to buy dlc instead of subbing,
    With no sub active i dont have to worry about losing some game time.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    I have not time to play everyday but from the past 5 times I had time 3 times the servers were down. Can be conincidence but however I cant remember any mmo where this was the case during the past 10 years. And even if these mmos where down unexpected there was always a compensation for each single time.

Hacks, exploits everywhere in pvp. Bugged sets not fixed for ages. Loading times in cyrodiil of 5 min. Server downs over and over. I never ever played an mmo with such low quality.

Imagine you have 1 hour time to play you got to cyro -> 5 min loading time to travel -> you spawn at start cause battle is over -> you ride to your mates -> being ganked because you are to late -> 5 min loading screen to respawn. Half an hour is over just with riding and loading screens. And then you have a 1v1 against a player on top of the leaderboard where your oppenent is running faster than you with sprint and speedbuff and still can use abilities. Report these guys does not help. Nothing happens.

If it wouldnt be principly that good from its concept and combat system I would have quit long ago. Actually I didnt but it becomes exhausting meanwhile. Its not the down times alone which annoys me. Its the whole package together.

maybe you should upgrade your net service if your taking 5 mins to load into cyro. even when the whole campaign says full, it takes me 20-30 sec to get in?

you haven't experienced a true cyrodil load screen.

no worries, keep playing; you will.
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, a repost..... Best take the forums down just to be safe :cold_sweat:
    Edited by P3ZZL3 on September 14, 2016 7:04PM
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While we normally make every effort to give in-game notice when we're bringing a server offline, we wanted to expedite it in this particular case to prevent further loss of progress that some of you had already run into. Again, as mentioned earlier in this thread, we expect downtime to be at least a couple hours. We'll keep everyone updated in this thread.

Gina, you posted notice of it going down here long before the server was switched off in game. One of the guild guys said the servers were going down and we thought he was joking around.
    Sorry, but there are way more people in game than on the forum and there is ABSOLUTELY no reason not to give even a five minute warning.
    It is rude and a very stupid way to treat customers, because that's what we are. Customers. And this customer is very very cross.

Customers are people that walk into a store, buy something, then go home and (typically) never deal with those employees ever again. If anything we are consumers rather than customers. Also not everyone pays for this game. At MOST, they buy the game and that's it. Further payment is optional and on you. Why don't people get that? Seriously they think they are entitled to legit trash talking Zenimax just because they buy crowns and/or sub...

and that is nitpicking..... I fail to understand how a warning could not be given in game. Just switching off the servers is guaranteed to make a lot of people angry..... I like to be dealt with in a polite manner. And that was not.

So you'd rather they wait to initiate maintenance just to let people know the servers are going down even though anything done further in-game is not being saved and therefore it makes no difference whether they simply put the servers to sleep sooner rather than later? Don't know about you, but I do not want to play if my progress isn't saving.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How are any rollbacks OK?!
  • Stardark
    Stardark
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update and recognition of EU peak times.
    Also PC > Console :wink:
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said before, *** happens, and this is NO FAULT of Zenimax.

Then who's fault is it mate? Because if it was any of our services or servers, THIS often you can be sure my director would be telling me it's my fault and MY job to get it working properly again.
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, it could be worse. At least it's not the Spiral Skein!

RoE0BEX6HKloDT7VR313QDsj7DHPpK.png
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tat2mano wrote: »

Dont twist his words,he is right,
    if ZoS would do a decent job or hire decent techs these problems what occur now wouldnt happen (this frequently s they do).

+Agreed. Its obvious to me whoever in charge is incompetent with so much downtime and so little ever being fixed.
This discussion has been closed.