Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Magic Sorcs need some MAJOR help and it can't wait until the next update

RinaldoGandolphi
RinaldoGandolphi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Introduction

The Magic Sorc has been on the receiving end of some pretty heavy handed nerfs since April of 2014. Bolt Escape itself has been nerfed over 7 times. Negate has been nerfed and partially buffed off and on (The current Negate still isn't as good as the 1.5 Negate was). Storm ATronach is probably the worst ultimate in the game because its the only ultimate that can be CC, its the only Atronach in the game that isn't CC immune, and its damage output is lackluster in PVP. While the Sorc may be OK in PVE(I got through VMA with it many times), in PVP its just simply not viable...a Magicka DK Vampire with Destro/Resto is better and has more survivability then Sorcs do right now in Cyrodiil.Of course these reason are not readily apparent, but they are facts because DK are strong to what Sorcs are weak against without shields which makes them better. Also, landing a 25k+ Heavy Fire staff attack doesn't hurt ;)

Why is Magic Sorc in such a bad place?

The Magic Sorcs ENTIRE CLASS PREMISE is based on building up and timing "Delayed Damage". (Curse + Frags + Fury) Simply put Tag target with Curse, Tag Target with Mage's Wrath, and spam Crushing Shock till you get a Frag proc and then land that frag right around the time Curse explodes, and Fury will explode and thus kill most players....this is how Magic Sorcs as a class are designed to be played.

However, the Shield changes have rendered this simply unviable due to their 6 second nature. Anyone who says their sheilds never lasted more then 6 seconds in Cyrodiil wasn't playing the class right because i assure you 80% of the time my shields did last longer then 6 seconds because the minute i was pressured by more then 1 person I would streak to LOS, Reapply Shields, Drop Mines and back to dealing damage.

You can't do this now...Every 6 seconds you are FORCED to reapply shields or your dead....Even if you wear full Light Impen you are dead if those shields fall as Light Armor offers ZERO Armor at all due to penetration values. A Sorc's shields do not last long enough to fullfill the required burst(Curse+Fury+Frags) to kill someone reliably because Frags are based on RNG. In the time it takes you to cast 2 Crushing Shocks your shields are expired, You can't maintain consistent pressure against your opponent, and with no armor this leaves you wide open to be dead. Even if you front bar your Wards, your still losing too much pressure and can't do the delayed damage combo the class was built around.

Damage Shield duration was nerfed by 70% but no cost reduction to account for this duration was ever given this results in this change being the single largest nerf in the history of this game and has rendered the Light Armor Cast Sorc class as dead in PVP period. Sure you can still play your Magic Sorc, but your at a woeful disadvantage against any of the other classes, and against players of a similiar skill level the fight is theirs to win...they will simply wait till the count of 5 to hard CC and burst you with daw DAwnbreaker and the fact you have no armor - dead...Sorcs in their current state are nothing more then AP Pinata's and Negate machines for zergs.

What can be done to fix these issues

1. Shield Duration needs to be increased from 6 seconds to 15 seconds. - 20 seconds was a bit much, but a 15 second shield duration is no more unbalanced then an Archer hitting you for 12-15k with a Lethal Arrow. Sorcs have no reflects, DK can protect themselves from this with Wings, but Sorcs are literally helpless....The 6 second Shield duration pigeonholes Sorcs into very specific sets(Seducer, Amberplasm) because they are the only class in the game forced to recast a buff every 6 seconds or die in 1-2 hits. Even if you wear full impen, Light Armor is less protection then paper, your entire life or death revolves around a 6 second shield and bar swapping that doesn't work reliably half the time. Every Sorc now is usually dead due to the inability to swap bars to shield cast, and are unable to maintain an advantage against any compentent opponent because of the need to constantly re-sheild or face death.

2. A passive needs to be added to the Expert Mage passive that removes the Bolt Escape Fatigue if wearing 5 or more pieces of Light Armor
- The way the class is designed its meant to be ranged. Gap Closers right now are way OP compared to Bolt Escape. A Sorc needs a legit 50% chance to get out of Gap Closer range, but thats simply not possible due to the stacking cost increase. Combine this with paper armor and 6 second shields and its far to easy to just ride a Sorc's back to their death. Stam Sorcs allready get Major+Minor Expedition + the Meduim Armor movement passives, they don't need Bolt Escape anywhere near as much as a Magic Sorc does....Most Stam Sorcs use streak as an offensive mans to damage people, Magic Sorcs need it to reposition and even retreat...it Stam Sorcs can outrun everyone to retreat, Magic Sorc's should have a reasonable chance to retreat. We will still be squishy and die, it will still be possible to be gap closed down, just not so easily.

3. Storm Atronach needs to have a resource draining and snare mechanic added to its single target zap If the Storm Atronach is going to be the only CC ultimate in the game, it needs to be more capable of pressure an opponent with its single target zap beam. At rank 4 the Atronach should sap 2% of your max magic and max stam per second while he has the beam on you and snare the target 40%....the Atro damage in PVP is a joke,it needs the ability to pressure your opponent for such a costly ultimate, and it needs to be CC immune like every other Storm Atronach in the game is.

Conclusion

This is just a start. Destruction Staff needs some major re-working too as all the nerfs to Destro Staff over the last year(Crushing Shock losing 10% damage, Force Shock and Elemental Ring losing their 40% chance at applying a status effect, Fire Clench losing its Stun) This will at least bring the Sorc back up to a semi-reasonable and plyable level. Right now the class simply isn't competitive...You have a few diehards still playing it, but your literally better off with any other class combo....even Stam Sorc is miles head of Magic Sorc's and Sorcs are casters by Lore....

I really hope you will take the time to revisit the Magic Sorc before One Tamriel comes out...the class needs MAJOR help in PVP.....in the worst way. Even if that means nerfing Negate.

Sorcs are in worse shape now then they were in 1.5 when they were the worst PVP spec in the game.....Help us ZOS. Us Sorcs are out of options at this point.

Sincerely

Rinaldo
Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
Officer Fire and Ice
Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield duration increases would barely change anything.

Streak need some QoL changes like not losing forward momentum when casting, and be able to streak to the cursor's direction while rooted, but not much more

Sorcs aren't nearly close to the bad state some here try to make it look like.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on September 5, 2016 5:23PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    - change curse to a normal DoT
    - remove casttime and knockdown effect of crystalfrag
    - reduce sorc skill costs

Problem solved :D

I wish it would be so easy but I think it isnt..... but would be nice if we didnt forced to use force pulse....
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magicka sorc in pvp, I can safely say I don't feel too underpowered or vulnerable at all. The 6 second shield thing sucks for sure since I don't have a "get out of 1-shot ganking free" card anymore, but in a direct confrontation 1v1 or possibly 2v1 I have a reasonable shot of coming out on top even without LoS. I also don't agree with your assertion that resource gear like seducers + all impen are even necessary for a sorc, I run my pve gear mostly since shields are still incredibly useful and I have about 1500 magicka regen.

I do agree that the resource cost of streak becomes prohibitive very quickly, but at the same time I HATE players that approach a zerg and start attacking, then HAUL ASS away until only one or maaaybe two people can keep up. To me it's like, "Oh wow, you are a stam orc sorc and can run as fast as my horse, you are so good at this game not dying to a zerg!" (sarcasm).

If a sorc or anyone else is dumb enough to engage a more powerful enemy force or player, then I don't want a get out of death free card like streaking away 36 times across an open field. I cannot tell you how many times I have tab targeted a stam sorc while they run over a hill. As soon as they realize 10+ aren't chasing them they start coming back like I can't see them and they will accomplish something useful.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs in their current state are nothing more then AP Pinata's and Negate machines for zergs.

Speak for yourself.

A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield duration has nothing to do with how well you do as a sorc, what build are you running out of curiosity? Maybe if you had an optimised build you wouldn't feel so frustrated with your sorc.

I'm running heavy on my MagSorc and my survivability is incredible.
    Options
  • Rage_Killin
    Rage_Killin
    ✭✭✭
    Relax. Wrobel said himself next patch is for balancing. It will happen.
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "The 6 second Shield duration pigeonholes Sorcs into very specific sets(Seducer, Amberplasm) because they are the only class in the game forced to recast a buff every 6 seconds or die in 1-2 hits."

And how long do Wings last?
    Options
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys have 3 months before balance changes
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thread came by surprise Rinaldo. But good one.
    I don't agree with everything, but with most of it.

I think Sorcerer needs the following things:

Bolt Escape Fatigue needs to be reduced from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.
    Daedric Curse should ignore block again, like it used to. Because Sorcs simply can't deal with turtles, as we have no strong spammable.

Which brings us to the next point. I think that mage's fury should be changed. It's initial bolt should deal the main damage, and the explosion some additonal execute damage. This way, we have an easy spammable ability and also have something against reflect spamming enemies. Because that's really the main problem.

Destruction staff needs major buffs, active and passive wise.
    I also think it's time to add some kind of glove for 2 handed weapons. It's just unfair, that dual wield and sword and shield can go for 2 5 set pieces and 2 monster pieces and also get a higher damage boost
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running heavy on my MagSorc and my survivability is incredible.
    I've tried to make heavy work but I feel like I'm getting shortchanged so hard in the transition. Less penetration, less sustain = very hard to keep up pressure, and on a sorc heavy I barely survive any longer because shields get worse and the extra armour does very little.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only buff steak need is a negated downside if you hit an enemy. For those who use streak offensively (one of our best defense option, streaking on the enemy in order to disorient the payer himself), the cost is far too much just because some people love to leave when a fight is not good for them.
    I mean, leaving is not a bad thing, their build are based on regen so they can flew away, but those who don't flew are penalized.

Most of the sorc skill need a boost or a rework. Pets are nearly useless on a lot of build (but some use them greatly) and totally useless in pve, encase cost too much for his poor range, rune is too situational, negate does too less damage in pve, the healing morph is not really good, curse need to be a better dot in pve, fury is still the weakest direct execute in the entire game, lightning splach still have a poor morph and a poor radius, storm atronash has all the problem the OP listed, and bound armor is still a st*pid toogle who take too much place on every build who use it.
    Magsorc are one of the worst dps in the entire game, they still have nearly no utility in a raid (their only advantage is distance along with the 3% magicka crit, and magNB have better distance with a good offheal), they are squishy in pvp, nearly no build except the pure light one and the pet one because of the too-high cost and no good defensive skill except ward...
    Options
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a long time sorc I think you're underselling our position on the totem pole here a bit. When stacked up against other magicka specs in open world it can reasonably compete for the top spot. The problem I have with sorc is the same problem anyone of really any class has atm, stam builds with incredible single target burst + sustain damaged + sustain + tankiness. I don't think its a big secret that magicka is lagging behind quite a bit right now in the small scale\solo open world arena (with the exception of a magicka templar in heavy) and that there's a major need for re balancing.

Also I would take the current negate over the old negate 100% of the time--unless I was deciding if everyone would be using one or the other in which case I would take it 0% of the time.

Edit: For small changes I would like to see bolt escape fatigue removed if you damage\cc a target with streak. It doesn't sound big but for someone who wasn't (isn't) a fan of either permabolting or mine camping making liberal use of streak to keep even a single player off of you in a 1vX without constant tree hugging was a life saver. I also wouldn't mind some sort of minor reduction to shield costs across the board to help magicka builds out in general.
    Edited by The-Baconator on September 5, 2016 6:41PM
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been ripping zergs to shreds with my Magicka Sorc this patch. I can't agree entirely with all your proposed buffs as Sorcerer has its place as a ranged caster and you should be punished if you're trying to face tank 5-6 players like in previous patches but you're right on some things!

Conjured Ward is too short, it's a class skill and is integral to the Sorcerer playstyle. It should be double the time of Harness Magicka, 12 seconds.

Ball of Lightning morph should stop gap closers, as in if someone tries to gap close you, they will hit the ball instead of you. Keep the re-cast penalty although obviously it would be a nicer game overall if there weren't such penalties to dodge roll and streak etc.

Regarding the Storm Atronach, well as classes have their crap ultimate, apart from of course the Nightblade!
    PC EU
    Options
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The handful of hardcore folks who still play their gimped MagSorc will argue, either they just refuse to reroll something better or just don't want to learn a new style. Anyways hope they do change them soon mine was my main and is now just a really good crafter/harvester.
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't think mag sorcs are going to get any help they've had 2 patches to help mag sorcs its apparent with the PTS patch they think the game is perfectly balanced so its no use ZOS has heard our pleas for help and they have been ignored just go stam sorc and have fun problem solved.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Dracane

Some of us might disagree on what Magic Sorc needs in details, but the fact remains it needs something.

As for Heavy Armor Sorc, Spectre's Eye is BIS in PVP by a miles. I was able to hit 3k Spell Damage 40k Max Magic, and 1200-1300 recovery with it.

Spectre's Eye is BIS slot for Heavy Armor Magic Sorc PVP for a few reasons

1. It removes your need for shields because every time you cast ANY SPELL you gain Major Evasion(Shuffle) for 3 seconds with a 3 second cooldown. This means instead of recasting shields you can continue to maintain pressure on your enemy and shields are used "in conjunction" with Major Evasion which is very very OP...

I literally swim in zergs with this set when i use it and quite literally it took 20+ AD beating on me for over 3 minutes to kill me the otherday, All while still getting 9k Endless Fury Explosions in Cyrodiil, just to give you an idea...you can build around Spectre's Eye in Heavy Armor and its very very good for Sorcs.

If you want to play a Light Armor spec though you way too squishy and you need sustain sets like Amberplasm or Seducer or you will run out of magicka against any decent opponent who will pressure you into spamming those shield.

Yes Heavy Armor Sorc is viable, but it would be nice if Light Armor Sorc wasn't quite so squishy...if we were a bit more mobile that would be ok...but were way to squishy in light armor for the lack of mobility we have compared to stam builds.

just my 2 cents
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    In pvp regards Sorcerer along with stam blades still dominate. youre fine
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Dracane

Some of us might disagree on what Magic Sorc needs in details, but the fact remains it needs something.

As for Heavy Armor Sorc, Spectre's Eye is BIS in PVP by a miles. I was able to hit 3k Spell Damage 40k Max Magic, and 1200-1300 recovery with it.

1. It removes your need for shields because every time you cast ANY SPELL you gain Major Evasion(Shuffle) for 3 seconds with a 3 second cooldown. This means instead of recasting shields you can continue to maintain pressure on your enemy and shields are used "in conjunction" with Major Evasion which is very very OP...

I literally swim in zergs with this set when i use it and quite literally it took 20+ AD beating on me for over 3 minutes to kill me the otherday, All while still getting 9k Endless Fury Explosions in Cyrodiil, just to give you an idea...you can build around Spectre's Eye in Heavy Armor and its very very good for Sorcs.

If you want to play a Light Armor spec though you way too squishy and you need sustain sets like Amberplasm or Seducer or you will run out of magicka against any decent opponent who will pressure you into spamming those shield.

Yes Heavy Armor Sorc is viable, but it would be nice if Light Armor Sorc wasn't quite so squishy...if we were a bit more mobile that would be ok...but were way to squishy in light armor for the lack of mobility we have compared to stam builds.

just my 2 cents

Would you mind sharing the rest of your build? I'm currently trying to build a heavy armor sorc and would be happy if I could hit those numbers in PvE ... it's fun, but it still feels like gimping myself.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Dracane

just my 2 cents

I think you would be better off just using shuffle and a proper set instead. 3 seconds cooldown is too much in my opinion and the set 2-4 piece traits are horrible.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Thanks @Dracane

just my 2 cents

I think you would be better off just using shuffle and a proper set instead. 3 seconds cooldown is too much in my opinion and the set 2-4 piece traits are horrible.

Yes, I highly prefer arena set with shuffle after each cc-break. Or kagrenac + shuffle.
    Options
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Dracane

just my 2 cents

Well I created heavy armor sorc build where I am using alternation mastery+seducer sets. My skills costs are the same like i would run light armor , regen also. I am able to hit spell dmg in fight up to over 3,5k Here is the pic
    PlYUfpN.png
    According to fact I have 14,5k stamina heavy armor restores me 1k stamina each 4 seconds i can use shuffle to get major evasion because alternation mastery reduces also shuffle cost and other ultimates cost so meteor costs for example 158 ulti shuffle csts 3,5k stamina and in this build i never run out of stamina. Also due to fact i have magicka return each 4 seconds in fight thx for heavy armor passive I am wondering of using mist to purge immobilizesz and snares
    MNxKLiC.png
    Edited by juhasman on September 5, 2016 8:32PM
    Options
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been changed recently? It used to be 6s cooldown, i.e. not working half the time.

I also tried an Alteration Mastery + Seducer heavy build, but couldn't make it work in the no CP campaign. Not enough bang to burst people down before vigour ticks them back to full.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Magic Sorcs need some MAJOR help and it can't wait until the next update"

Actually it can and likely will and i bet the game will still be going on - thus proving the title wrong - unless the game isn't going on then in which case, I am wrong.

As the zen master said "We'll see."
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I have not seen anyone touch on are the crafted sets. Currently there are 35 available crafted sets, out of those there are only 4 viable crafted sets that magic sorcerers can actually use. Those are Seducer, Julianos, Kagrenac, and Magnus. Of course there are a few other choices like Torugs and twice Born mostly for hybrid set ups.
    I feel that this alone illustrates in a microcosm how stagnant this class has become. Out of 35 sets we have only 4 to choose from!! Actually I would'nt even count Magnus as a viable 5 set with that whopping 8% to negate cost of spell, its useless unless used as a filler for another 5 piece. Of course one could get creative with what is available, but not when it comes to competitive dps output you are forced into a very few choices. I guess that is the main point I am trying to convey, that as a magic sorcerer we are left with very few choices that are actually viable. I don't even want to get started with all the spells that I never slot because they are useless!! I will leave that one for someone else!
    Bottom line ZOS please give us more useful craftable sets, thank you :)
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with most except for:

Shield duration.

That shouldn't be changed at all it makes sorc shield more of an active defense just like dodge roll. Now you can build for high dmg low sustain and survivability(glass cannon) or low dmg high sustain(tanky sorc) but you can't have both anymore

Remeber when dodge roll was nerfed a while back? Most people adjusted to the change and since then stam builds were forced to run shuffle or blur for more survivability. As much as I hate rng dodge I gotta waste a bar slot just to survive since I'm punished for dodging in this burst insta kill meta.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on September 5, 2016 11:59PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    P.S they will have to pry my sorcerer out of my cold dead hand
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. No
    2. No
    3. Yes
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icarus42 wrote: »
    One thing I have not seen anyone touch on are the crafted sets. Currently there are 35 available crafted sets, out of those there are only 4 viable crafted sets that magic sorcerers can actually use. Those are Seducer, Julianos, Kagrenac, and Magnus. Of course there are a few other choices like Torugs and twice Born mostly for hybrid set ups.
    I feel that this alone illustrates in a microcosm how stagnant this class has become. Out of 35 sets we have only 4 to choose from!! Actually I would'nt even count Magnus as a viable 5 set with that whopping 8% to negate cost of spell, its useless unless used as a filler for another 5 piece. Of course one could get creative with what is available, but not when it comes to competitive dps output you are forced into a very few choices. I guess that is the main point I am trying to convey, that as a magic sorcerer we are left with very few choices that are actually viable. I don't even want to get started with all the spells that I never slot because they are useless!! I will leave that one for someone else!
    Bottom line ZOS please give us more useful craftable sets, thank you :)

I can think of three sets without even looking at the list of other crafted sets you immediately dismiss for magica just not your version of meta magica;

While crafting defiantly needs some love in the future and you could put some magica specific sets in there this magica and in the case of this thread sorc pity party is already way old.

Every single end game raid group I have played this game with has at least half or more magica players including DPS.

I have personally witnessed stamina players left out of groups to include another magica DK or Templar for MOL and SO runs.

Craftable sets with magica use:

Tours Pact
    Trial by Fire
    Twilights Embrace
    Seducer
    Magnus
    Vampires Kiss
    Tara's Favor
    Willows Path
    Julianos
    Redriistributer
    Clever Alchamist
    Varens Legacy
    Kagernacs Hope
    Eye of Mara
    Shalidors Curse
    Oblivions Foe
    Specters Eye
    Way of the arena
    Twice Born Star
    Armor Master
    Plenial Aptitude

All of those are fully functional light armor builds if not exactly what you want to run and al lot more then four.

Options
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Relax. Wrobel said himself next patch is for balancing. It will happen.

Every time he's saying something like this I start to thinking of taking break from the game.
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two things:

In group PvP Negate is currently more dominant than any other skill has ever been in the game. It is no longer possible to negate a Negate while being Negated, so you first have to somehow get out of the AOE, which costs stamina (walking takes too long and streak doesn't work). Magicka sorcs don't have enough stamina available for this so some rerolled to stamina, in order to be able to protect their group.

You forgot to mention the huge buff magicka sorcs got with 1.6 through the removal of softcaps.
    Options