The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magic Sorcs need some MAJOR help and it can't wait until the next update

• Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that sorc needs some love but when you say a DK is better, I don't think you really understand how *** mag DK's really are right now.
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    I agree that sorc needs some love but when you say a DK is better, I don't think you really understand how *** mag DK's really are right now.

please try to heal with dragon blood before you say your 10k+ hardened ward for 6 secs is worse......
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good sorcs are still good, bad ones aren't being carried by broken class skills.
    Options
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    Two things:

In group PvP Negate is currently more dominant than any other skill has ever been in the game. It is no longer possible to negate a Negate while being Negated, so you first have to somehow get out of the AOE, which costs stamina (walking takes too long and streak doesn't work). Magicka sorcs don't have enough stamina available for this so some rerolled to stamina, in order to be able to protect their group.

You forgot to mention the huge buff magicka sorcs got with 1.6 through the removal of softcaps.

I dont understand that negate theory. You only prove here that stamina sorc is better and stamina overall is better because they can dodge out or use their skills inside negates. Stamina sorc using heroic slash charges negate even faster then magicka one. And about that 1.6 buff yes mag sorc get huge buff after sofcaps removal but did other builds get nerfed? No. Every build get profits to resource managment and dmg after soft caps removal but magicka sorc is the only one build for now that had skills TRULY nerfed in future update. I am talking here about changing the skills itselfs not game mechanic so I dont count dragon blood , battle roar passive etc.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Icarus42 wrote: »
    One thing I have not seen anyone touch on are the crafted sets. Currently there are 35 available crafted sets, out of those there are only 4 viable crafted sets that magic sorcerers can actually use. Those are Seducer, Julianos, Kagrenac, and Magnus. Of course there are a few other choices like Torugs and twice Born mostly for hybrid set ups.
    I feel that this alone illustrates in a microcosm how stagnant this class has become. Out of 35 sets we have only 4 to choose from!! Actually I would'nt even count Magnus as a viable 5 set with that whopping 8% to negate cost of spell, its useless unless used as a filler for another 5 piece. Of course one could get creative with what is available, but not when it comes to competitive dps output you are forced into a very few choices. I guess that is the main point I am trying to convey, that as a magic sorcerer we are left with very few choices that are actually viable. I don't even want to get started with all the spells that I never slot because they are useless!! I will leave that one for someone else!
    Bottom line ZOS please give us more useful craftable sets, thank you :)

using the same strict criteria (which seems focused on DPS) aren't most class-source-role types pretty much restricted to maybe half a dozen "worthwhile craftable sets" - more likely 3-4.

i think some other sets might be viable for instance for sorc tanks or sorc healers but we can stick with DPS.

i know very few stamina DPS guys of most any class running anything crafted other than NMG, Hundings and TBS on a regular basis. i am sure they exist but hardly common place.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with just changing Velocious Curse to a DoT and add 20% magic recovery to the Daedric Summoning passive that currently gives 20% health and stamina recovery.
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on September 6, 2016 2:17AM
    Options
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with just changing Velocious Curse to a DoT and add 20% magic recovery to the Daedric Summoning passive that currently gives 20% health and stamina recovery.

Changing curse into a DoT is mag sorc nerf from PvP perspective. Sorc already have 10% magicka recovery in passive so if I would need to change something I would change that passive to 20% instead of adding additional 20% .
    Options
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huge problem of magicka sorcerer is how light armor is underwhelming compared to heavy or medium. I created heavy armor build for mag sorc that works better with sustain then light armor and from obvious reasons survivality in heavy armor is much better with pretty the same dmg.

There is few underwhelming things in light armor when we compare it to other armors. For example armor skills.Light armor skill have no connection to light armor. Medium armor have skill that gives 20% to dodge and passive that reduce cost of dodge , heavy armor have skill that gives resistances and passive that gives resistances plus heavy armor basicly have high resistances. Light armor have shield and no passive connected to shields. Also medium armor have 1 passive that gives increased regen and reduced cost heavy armor have passive that restores magicka and stamina when light armor have 2 separate passives to reduce the cost and increase the regen.

Light armor have passive that gives ~360 spell resistance for each light armor piece equipped. I can get pretty close resistances for wearing 1 heavy chest and 1 medium legs like with having 7 light pieces with this passive and 1 heavy 1 medium also increase my physical resistance. WTF.

My idea is to revamp the passives. Change spell warding passive to give 4% more shield strength for each light armor pieces equiped instead of spell resist. Also combine Evocation and Recovery passives into 1 same like medium armor Wind Walker passive have and add new passive into spot that'll left which will increase shields duration by 0,7 sec for each light armor piece equiped. Annulment could have option that gives reduced cost for each light armor piece equipped by 3%
    I would also change concentration passive to give 1k spell penetration for each light armor piece equipped instead 4,9k when You have 5 light armor pieces. That would finally make 7x light build profitable.

This are only my thought that i was thinking about like 5 minutes some can be OP but we need to things about this changes according to update 12 not current state and without changes in update 12 light armor and magicka overall will be very underwhelming. Also if I can find few imo interresting changes why zenimax devs cant do this the same?
    Edited by juhasman on September 6, 2016 2:51AM
    Options
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »
    Huge problem of magicka sorcerer is how light armor is underwhelming compared to heavy or medium. I created heavy armor build that works better with sustain then light armor and from obvious reasons survivality in heavy armor is much better with slightly less dmg.
    There is few underwhelming things in light armor when we compare it to other armors. For example armor skills. Medium armor have skill that gives 20% to dodge and passive that reduce cost of dodge, heavy armor have skill that gives resistances and passive that gives resistances plus heavy armor basicly have high resistances. Light armor have shield and no passive to improve this shield. Also medium armor have 1 passive that gives increased regen and reduced cost where light armor have same things but in 2 separate passives.
    Light armor have passive that gives ~360 spell resistance for each light armor piece equipped. I can get pretty close resistances for wearing 1 heavy chest and 1 medium legs like with having 7 light pieces with this passive and 1 heavy 1 medium also increase my physical resistance. WTF.
    My idea is to revamp the passives. Change spell warding passive to give 4% more shield strength for each light armor pieces equiped instead of spell resist. Also combine Evocation and Recovery passives into 1 same like medium armor Wind Walker passive have and add new passive into spot that'll left which will increase shields duration by 0,8 sec for each light armor piece equiped. Annulment could have option that it have reduced cost for each light armor piece equipped by 3%
    I would also change concentration passive to give 1k spell penetration for each light armor piece equipped instead 4,9k when You have 5 light armor pieces. That would finally make 7x light build profitable.
    This are only my thought that i was thinking about like 5 minutes some can be OP but we need to things about this changes according to update 12 not current state and without changes in update 12 light armor and magicka overall will be very underwhelming. Also if I can find few imo interresting changes why zenimax devs cant do this the same?

This probably the most reasonable change I have heard yet for magicka users.

@Wrobel
    Options
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude your right as always. Agree 100%

Rinaldo - savior of the sorcs!
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's far more people claiming magicka sorcs are fine and competitive in PvP than actually playing them on NA Trueflame.
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Icarus42 wrote: »
    One thing I have not seen anyone touch on are the crafted sets. Currently there are 35 available crafted sets, out of those there are only 4 viable crafted sets that magic sorcerers can actually use. Those are Seducer, Julianos, Kagrenac, and Magnus. Of course there are a few other choices like Torugs and twice Born mostly for hybrid set ups.
    I feel that this alone illustrates in a microcosm how stagnant this class has become. Out of 35 sets we have only 4 to choose from!! Actually I would'nt even count Magnus as a viable 5 set with that whopping 8% to negate cost of spell, its useless unless used as a filler for another 5 piece. Of course one could get creative with what is available, but not when it comes to competitive dps output you are forced into a very few choices. I guess that is the main point I am trying to convey, that as a magic sorcerer we are left with very few choices that are actually viable. I don't even want to get started with all the spells that I never slot because they are useless!! I will leave that one for someone else!
    Bottom line ZOS please give us more useful craftable sets, thank you :)

I can think of three sets without even looking at the list of other crafted sets you immediately dismiss for magica just not your version of meta magica;

While crafting defiantly needs some love in the future and you could put some magica specific sets in there this magica and in the case of this thread sorc pity party is already way old.

Every single end game raid group I have played this game with has at least half or more magica players including DPS.

I have personally witnessed stamina players left out of groups to include another magica DK or Templar for MOL and SO runs.

Craftable sets with magica use:

Tours Pact
    Trial by Fire
    Twilights Embrace
    Seducer
    Magnus
    Vampires Kiss
    Tara's Favor
    Willows Path
    Julianos
    Redriistributer
    Clever Alchamist
    Varens Legacy
    Kagernacs Hope
    Eye of Mara
    Shalidors Curse
    Oblivions Foe
    Specters Eye
    Way of the arena
    Twice Born Star
    Armor Master
    Plenial Aptitude

All of those are fully functional light armor builds if not exactly what you want to run and al lot more then four.

Did you just write that Varen's Legacy was a fully function light armor build? Do you plan on blocking the enemies to death on your sorc? Shalidor's curse? Dat health + light attack build is a terror that has inspired many a nerf threads.
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one cares!!! Move on to stamina, or stick to overloader 1000 cookie cutters.
    Relax. Wrobel said himself next patch is for balancing. It will happen.

LMAO. I needed that. The guy who got a class into this will fix it... next patch? We have heard that before.

Have you seen the ultimates magicka has gotten? @Wrobel is a biased baby that only cares about 2 handers. Dueling is going to be interesting none the less.
    Options
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    I agree with most except for:

Shield duration.

That shouldn't be changed at all it makes sorc shield more of an active defense just like dodge roll. Now you can build for high dmg low sustain and survivability(glass cannon) or low dmg high sustain(tanky sorc) but you can't have both anymore

Remeber when dodge roll was nerfed a while back? Most people adjusted to the change and since then stam builds were forced to run shuffle or blur for more survivability. As much as I hate rng dodge I gotta waste a bar slot just to survive since I'm punished for dodging in this burst insta kill meta.

Comparing shield to roll dodge isnt wise. Lets compare what happend when You avoiding dmg with them. When You roll dodge You avoid dmg, potential stun, root, slow , DoT it could apply etc. Also You end immobilizes by roll dodging. When You apply shield You just absorb the dmg. And if dmg is higher then shield You will get what remains.

And about that 2 visions of sorc: glass canon or tanky one. If You want to be glass cannon You ends up beeing killed before You hit enemie with anything curse blows up after 3,5 seconds frag needs to proc or be chanelled 1 second and if You want to be more tanky and less dmg You end up on shield stacking and when finally chance to dmg enemie happends You dont have enough dmg to kill him and You're pushed back into shieldstacking , because 6 seconds is not even enough time to use shield and then create burst. Not mentioning then Your only healing ability is also shield that blows with heal after 6 seconds for remaining value of shield and You cant cover it with other shields because they'll end before heal tick. I played on PTS and things just getting worse with this update where stamina is more tanky then ever.

Also You're saying that current mag sorc state is good because You cant be tanky and doing good dmg at the same time but You do realize that stamina users can easily do that?
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc is fine in 1vs1 and all your ideas would just result in a strong buff for 1vs1. Also stamina build doesn't mean that you play a Black Rose stamina DK. Normal medium armor builds also suffer under this Black Rose Meta. Maybe nerf that two combinations first because my normal medium armor build isn't OP at all.

Sorc has more problems in 1vsX because they can't remove snares and roots, have only have flat dmg shields as main defence and streak is stupid as soon as you are rooted. Cost increase poisons increase the costs of their defense abilities but don't increase costs of block and roll. Also a class based instant cast dmg ability would be nice. And lastly sth like Unchained passive for magicka users.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • MalaVrazica
    MalaVrazica
    ✭✭✭
    After maining a sorc for over 2 years now I can, without shame, even tho it's based on subjective feelings and not actual facts, say that mag sorcs need some love and attention.

But, the underlying problem here isn't that mag sorcs need buffs, it's the fact that stamina is overpowered versus magicka. I don't understand why ZOS keeps buffing something that needs a nerf. Instead of wasting time creating all those OP new sets and buffs and ulties for stam, they need to work on balancing. For a while now I feel pressured to play stam builds, and without any reason or logic or any real reason other than I love my mag sorc, I refuse to play the stam/tank meta.
    Options
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge problem of magicka sorcerer is how light armor is underwhelming compared to heavy or medium. I created heavy armor build for mag sorc that works better with sustain then light armor and from obvious reasons survivality in heavy armor is much better with pretty the same dmg.

There is few underwhelming things in light armor when we compare it to other armors. For example armor skills.Light armor skill have no connection to light armor. Medium armor have skill that gives 20% to dodge and passive that reduce cost of dodge , heavy armor have skill that gives resistances and passive that gives resistances plus heavy armor basicly have high resistances. Light armor have shield and no passive connected to shields. Also medium armor have 1 passive that gives increased regen and reduced cost heavy armor have passive that restores magicka and stamina when light armor have 2 separate passives to reduce the cost and increase the regen.

My idea is to revamp the passives. Change spell warding passive to give 4% more shield strength for each light armor pieces equiped instead of spell resist. Also combine Evocation and Recovery passives into 1 same like medium armor Wind Walker passive have and add new passive into spot that'll left which will increase shields duration by 0,7 sec for each light armor piece equiped. Annulment could have option that gives reduced cost for each light armor piece equipped by 3%

4% might be a bit much per piece but I really like that idea all the same. The other ideas are good too, nice one.
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree. I never understood, why light armor offers pitiful spell resistance instead of shield strenght. Spell resistance doesn't help light armor users. They rely on shields and if they can't keep them up 100% of the time, they die. Light armor should buff shields instead.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PvE you recognise that Overload become more and more worthless? The fights are getting longer and longer the best examples are vAA and vHR and the longer the fight the better are others ultis....

Make Overload to a Call Lightning or something like that :D
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glantir wrote: »
    For PvE you recognise that Overload become more and more worthless? The fights are getting longer and longer the best examples are vAA and vHR and the longer the fight the better are others ultis....

Make Overload to a Call Lightning or something like that :D

Overload is a good burst ultimate. Just boost negate's damage to be in par with meteor (with their uptime). And in order to not break the pvp, instead of buffing all negate's damage tick, just add a big burst at the end or a % increase to each tick.
    Or seriously boost atronash (uptime + damage input + survivability), and we'll have our +8% health passive plus more damage than those meteor provide.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magic Builds need some MAJOR help and it can't wait until the next update
    Here, I fixed thread name for you.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don´t think magica sorcs need any more help than light armor magNB, light armor magDK, light armor magTemplar (in fact i think sorcerer is still the best class to use light armor on out of all four).

It´s not the sorcerer class that has problems it´s light armor and the corresponding skillline. What makes the light armor shortfallings more glaring on sorc than on those other classes is: Sorcerers have no synergies with heavy armor compared to those other classes.
    Light armor needs some major overhauls/buffs for its defense to be on par with medium aswell as heavy needs readjustments to be comparable to medium.

To achieve this:
    I would propose a passive that increases shield duration for every piece of light armor equipped by 1 second aswell as shield strengh for every piece of light armor equipped by 2%.

To compensate for this change they should reduce the hardened ward bonus to 23% for sorcerers and rework dampen magica to no longer increase shield strengh but instead provide minor protection for 6s to the caster.
    Edited by Derra on September 6, 2016 9:20AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light and medium should be each other's mirror in term of defense : light having poor defense but good resistance, when medium having good defense and poor resistance. I don't know why medium should have more magic resistance than light ; the tip is "close combat is more dangerous so more defensive stats", but magic attack are mostly ranged, so...
    Options
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completly agree with @juhasman and @Derra, current light armor is one of the biggest problems (when comparing magicka vs stamina builds). Revamping light armor to provide increased shield duration and shield stregnth might be nice way to go @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno, please consider that.
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I know I'm not the best at PvP. But I've done ok, and been making my gear better, farming CP, learning but seem to be getting worse. Mainly as I tend to go up against 531CP's now, alot of those guys about. And I get flatterened, out played as well as the CP shortfall, and I'm just questioning my build over and over

The combo of ward changes and seemingly impossible flood of CC skills stuns / fears / knockdowns just make PvP hard.

Not whining. I'm sorc thru and thru, but despite getting my stats up I'm suffering.

If Wards negated fear / stun id be happy with them lasting 4 seconds haha
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So just gonna share my thoughts on all this. Im writing this on my phone lol so apologies in advance.

I think there is an imbalance between magicka and stamina, not just magicka sorcs in particular.

My theory is that as the 'damage creep' increases, magicka builds get weaker in comparison to stamina. Light armor has the least resistances, and users often rely on shields. As the damage increases, these shields become weaker and weaker. On the flip side, a stamina build can dodge roll 100% of incoming damage, no matter how high the damage in cyrodiil becomes, they can mitigate all of it. Not only that but heavy / med armor is mitigating more and more damage as the 'damage creep' grows, same with holding block, where as shields will continue to remain the same.
    There has been a constant damage creep since 2.0 with the removal of softcaps and the addition of cp.

In patch 2.0 when the damage was high, I played as a stamina nightblade, rolling around and instagibbing shield users with tornado.

In imperial city patch, battle spirit was increased which lowered the ttk, and hid the damage creep. I played a magicka nb on day one of the patch and felt like a god. My light armor felt tanky, my shields lasted longer, I could burst other players with prox det.

Since then damage has continued creeping. Movement speed was nerfed and we saw a root meta, retreating menuvuers was nerfed which further played in stamina's favor. Players spread out from siege and VD, which caters to stam builds with their mobilty to pick them apart.

Damage creep is continuing, futher increasing the desire to make tanky build with block or dodgeroll rather than trying to use shields and light armor.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Sorcerers have no synergies with heavy armor compared to those other classes.

Which is so backwards, considering TES sorcerers were skilled in heavy armor in Morrowind and Oblivion ...
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • Elyu
    Elyu
    ✭✭✭
    1st thought: Have you seen Dracane (mag sorc, PC EU) outside of IC since sorc was nerfed? I haven't. He's running around with imperial physique+necropotence + both pets, and is still using dawnbreaker. He's plenty strong...but only because in IC he has such a huge magicka pool and can LoS to re-buff shields.

In open world sorcs have 100% been nerfed.

Gear is a very large part of the problem (think viper+velidreth+eternal hunt stamblades at the moment).

Player skill is another part of course, assuming gear is balanced (which for mag sorcs at the moment means inside IC) good sorcs are still VERY powerful.

The last LARGE part of the problem is about skill lines. Stamina have 2H, bow, dual wield AND 1H+shield. Mag has desto and resto staves.

To balance (in pvp esp) EITHER mag needs at least 1 new weapon skill line just for them, that can grant 2 set bonuses, and 1H+shield changed to grant bonuses to caster-types as well. Or TWO new weapon types (granting 2 set bonuses) need to be added, both biased towards magicka.

This is so that, a least in terms of set bonuses + gear combos mag classes can be viable (NB: case-in-point I'm not even arguing for competitive...just VIABLE)

The ONLY mag build steryotype that fills this void at the moment is heavy armour mag templars.

With regards to passives etc....see this brilliant idea:

Edited by Elyu on September 6, 2016 11:56AM
    Options
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each light armour user have massive problems to handel the high stamina burst. Its not just sorcs. I dont know if there is a bugg or anything else with sets like viper or velidreht, but they nearly ever proc on the first hit.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elyu wrote: »
    1st thought: Have you seen Dracane (mag sorc, PC EU) outside of IC since sorc was nerfed? I haven't. He's running around with imperial physique+necropotence + both pets, and is still using dawnbreaker. He's plenty strong...but only because in IC he has such a huge magicka pool and can LoS to re-buff shields.

In open world sorcs have 100% been nerfed.

Gear is a very large part of the problem (think viper+velidreth+eternal hunt stamblades at the moment).

Player skill is another part of course, assuming gear is balanced (which for mag sorcs at the moment means inside IC) good sorcs are still VERY powerful.

The last LARGE part of the problem is about skill lines. Stamina have 2H, bow, dual wield AND 1H+shield. Mag has desto and resto staves.

To balance (in pvp esp) EITHER mag needs at least 1 new weapon skill line just for them, that can grant 2 set bonuses, and 1H+shield changed to grant bonuses to caster-types as well. Or TWO new weapon types (granting 2 set bonuses) need to be added, both biased towards magicka.

This is so that, a least in terms of set bonuses + gear combos mag classes can be viable (NB: case-in-point I'm not even arguing for competitive...just VIABLE)

The ONLY mag build steryotype that fills this void at the moment is heavy armour mag templars.

With regards to passives etc....see this brilliant idea:

Everyone is strong with Imperial Physique and when they can break line of sight.

In my case, I rarely stepped into Cryrodiil since IC was launched. Pets don't work very well in an open field and I don't like it, when I can't predict things. Because in Cyrodiil, there are always more and more people coming out of stealth. In IC, you have better control over it.

And I only use 1 shield, I'm way too squishy to take more than I can predict :)
    Sustain is my main problem, hardened ward is so expensive to maintain, that I rely on killing my oponents fast.
    I think I could build for more sustain and step into Cyrodiil and survive.... But I most certainly would not be able to kill anyone. Sorc base damage is too low for this.
    Edited by Dracane on September 6, 2016 12:52PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Changing curse into a DoT is mag sorc nerf from PvP perspective. Sorc already have 10% magicka recovery in passive so if I would need to change something I would change that passive to 20% instead of adding additional 20% .

Not everything has to revolve around PvP though. The worst changes come from PvP players complaining so much. Lets have some love for PvE players for a change. We have to change our builds, skills and the way we play so much because something was nerfed due to a large amount of PvP players crying over it.

Example: Barrier. Which serves little to no purpose in PvE anymore due to it hitting half a trial group. And soon to be Radiant Oppression. Which will kill magic Templars if not adjusted properly to suit PvP.
    Options