Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.6.0

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the weapon ultimates?

That is probably the premier question that everyone is asking and ZOS is not telling. Waiting for someone who has gotten into the PTS to post on it, or for my download on my PC to finish.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Papa_Hunt wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    All set drops from dungeons and Trials are bind-on-pickup.
    This sounds like a mistake, if not, what the hell is that change? You want people to be broke? How do you expect people to be raid ready?

Wtf is this

Don't forget you can trade within your group.

That means nothing. Most money made by running trials is made from selling to people who are not interested at all in PvE.

This @ZOS_GinaBruno

You guys might want to rethink this one.

I've been here since beta, but this one thing will make me leave the game immediately. I have neither the time nor the inclination to PvE to compete in PvP. I like to buy my items and PvP. This change would be the last straw (I imagine for a lot of peeps). Maybe you guys don't care? Oh well, about time to move on anyway.

you can still buy your items as sets will now be dropping from other places outside of trials too and will be BOE... read the entire patch notes

I apologize if I'm wrong. Are you saying ALL sets will be available as BOE?

Not all sets, but most. Sets like Silks of the Sun and Necropotence and other trial sets that were BOE will be BOP from trials next patch, but will also drop from Bosses in zones and BOE. So, you can trade these sets, but not the ones from the trial(outside your group)
    Just doesn't make sense to me, trials is punishing on gold for how much it costs, but if they are available outside, why not inside trials too? I among most of the people I play with log on to raid, we raid about 5 days a week most of the time, don't do anything else except a dungeon for pledges, so I don't get why this change will directly affect those type of players and just ruin the gold income, some people don't have time to farm and rely on gold income they make from trials to supply potions etc

I agree with you on that one. If you can't sell items then your income is destroyed and some people only log to go Trials. Then, they need to find a solution to this... 5000 gold for each boss kill maybe?
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more I think about the BoP changes, the more I think they probably won't even matter.

With so many new sets, plus adding CP 160 scaling to all previously unscaled sets, plus adding all set pieces to every set, including jewelry ... there's not going to be any demand for dungeon or trial gear outside of dungeons and trials anyways. There will be so many BoE options available, I'm sure there will be something for everyone.

So yeah, those farming BoE gear from dungeons or trials ... your income is pretty much screwed, even before the BoP changes.
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    [*]The wings found on the Trinimac set are now attached to the chest instead of the shoulders.

Is there any real reason for this change? I know many roleplayers who love to wear the Trinimac robes or jerkin in roleplay events because they look very elegant, but if they have wings attached to them now they will look very silly and no one will wear them anymore. Please consider reverting this change.

Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

I would like some periodic official tournaments instead. A leaderboard can be easily farmed with a pal or simply by challenging every new guy in starting cities.

That's an excellent idea
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WOOO looking good
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You increase the cost of dawn breaker and rightly so as somebody who uses this it was pretty damn amazing for just 100 ult, yet you do not increase the cost of incapacitating strike which gives so much for a mere 50 ult? Sometimes i wonder if the people in charge of balance even play this game.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Download speed is killing me :(
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nifty2g

I think you need to go read the list of sets that drop in each zone/dungeon again. The previous trial drop BoE sets seem to have all be relocated to new zones/dungeons. Ergo - trials are only dropping the sets listed under trials and I believe those sets were already BoP on live

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Super excited for the PTS to finish downloading to check all these changes out in person!

I am a bit confused by the "increased the density of harvest nodes in Bleakrock Isle and Bal Foyen to better match other zones of that size" - Bal Foyen has to be one of the densest node zones, can't walk two steps without tripping over a node, was this supposed to be "decreased"?

Everyone worried about the game economy being ruined needs to take a deep breath. I will use the example someone said that they sell a gold ring trial drop for 500k to buy potions. So, now you have to find a new option, go pick flowers yourself (time consuming, but so is chain-running trials to farm drops just to sell on a guild store), sell those lovely motif chapters they are adding to the once/5 days AA, Hel Ra, SO quests and style items for said sets, or get creative! I don't understand why running trials (end game PvE) should equate to "this is the best way to make gold." To me trials are a fun time (and challenge) with friends, and yes the trial BoP sets are BiS for some builds - but just looking at all those sets/zone or dungeon that are coming really will allow people to try more sets out and obtain them solo in some cases.

TL:DR gold is easy to make, you have options, at least one should fit in your playstyle!
    Edited by Mix on September 2, 2016 8:35PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This sounds like a mistake, if not, what the hell is that change? You want people to be broke? How do you expect people to be raid ready?

Wtf is this

I think its ok. trials and dungeons sets are pretty limited comparing Overland sets and especially when Sun and Necro moved to Overland..
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 2, 2016 8:34PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Many drop locations for Item Sets have been changed. Below are the locations for all existing and new Item Sets (generally listed in Light/Medium/Heavy order when applicable)

Rivenspire: Necropotence, Darkstride, Vampire Cloak

Stonefalls: Silks of the Sun, Coat of the Red Mountain, Shalk Exoskeleton

Necropotence and Silks outside of trials?

Trails and Dungeons sets will no longer tradeable, its good to have them as overland so at east can trade...
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on September 2, 2016 8:34PM
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Download speed is killing me :(

Same here, I'm getting 100-120 KB/s - started downloading the patch as soon as it was up, still just on 5% on the progress bar *cries*.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭
    Chori wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wtf is this

That means nothing. Most money made by running trials is made from selling to people who are not interested at all in PvE.

This @ZOS_GinaBruno

You guys might want to rethink this one.

I've been here since beta, but this one thing will make me leave the game immediately. I have neither the time nor the inclination to PvE to compete in PvP. I like to buy my items and PvP. This change would be the last straw (I imagine for a lot of peeps). Maybe you guys don't care? Oh well, about time to move on anyway.

How about you learn to read... Most of the sets used on pvp that drop in trials will now drop elsewhere too... and it's not like you never had to do pledges to farm your monster shoulder pieces anyway. What can I say, if you never had to do that or tried to then you were not competing to begin with. These are wonderful changes for casual players and even for PvPers because I don't know about you but I rather spend 20 minutes doing a FG vet run to farm pieces I need than be forced to do a 1 hour or longer trial or buy extremely overpriced stuff from trial drops.

Dont let the door hit ya on the way out if you decide to leave.

Calm your soul! Why should I have to do ANY PvE at all to compete in PvP? I don't enjoy PvE and have limited time to play. So no, I don't want to spend even 20 minutes doing a run. I'd rather buy anything I want, when I want. Is that okay with you that I feel that way?
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    You increase the cost of dawn breaker and rightly so as somebody who uses this it was pretty damn amazing for just 100 ult, yet you do not increase the cost of incapacitating strike which gives so much for a mere 50 ult? Sometimes i wonder if the people in charge of balance even play this game.

Incap can be dodged, unlike dawnbreaker. Incap doesn't have a DoT unlike dawnbreaker. Incap is not an AOE unlike dawnbreaker. Dawnbreaker is so much better that most nightblades dropped Incap to go with it... and with all those points your discussion ends.

Dawnbreaker needed a nerf.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rip the economy if the changes to trial and dungeons gear goes live
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is the update supposed to be 36GB? My PTS is up to date, but my launcher is stating is almost 36GB in size (and downloading at only 300kb/s).
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm your soul! Why should I have to do ANY PvE at all to compete in PvP? I don't enjoy PvE and have limited time to play. So no, I don't want to spend even 20 minutes doing a run. I'd rather buy anything I want, when I want. Is that okay with you that I feel that way?

If this worked both ways then this one would be more than happy with the arrangement. If Khajiit could get Vigor or Magicka Detonation without doing PVP, or Hakeijo's without having to farm stones in IC by doing PVP while doing PVE. After all, this humble Khajiit only has limited time to play and has to do PVP to get these.

After all, why should this one have to do any PVP to compete in PVE? :tongue:
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Ultionis
    Ultionis
    ✭✭
    I SERIOUSLY CANNOT WAIT FOR LIVE
  • Papa_Hunt
    Papa_Hunt
    ✭✭✭

If this worked both ways then this one would be more than happy with the arrangement. If Khajiit could get Vigor or Magicka Detonation without doing PVP, or Hakeijo's without having to farm stones in IC by doing PVP while doing PVE. After all, this humble Khajiit only has limited time to play and has to do PVP to get these.

After all, why should this one have to do any PVP to compete in PVE? :tongue:

I have no problem with this at all! ;)
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Is the update supposed to be 36GB? My PTS is up to date, but my launcher is stating is almost 36GB in size (and downloading at only 300kb/s).

My launcher said something around 3Gb when it started downloading, it is going awfully slowly though.

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

I would like some periodic official tournaments instead. A leaderboard can be easily farmed with a pal or simply by challenging every new guy in starting cities.

True.
    Maybe if there will be a boundary for Tournament duels, like a special arena.
    A special arena can be added to each zone(there will be max duels per each arena, if not instanced).
    Players who wish to initiate a tournament duel will have to go there and thus there will be no random pve specific/new guys around(mostly).

A leaderboard for duels is possible but it might be open for some exploiting...
    Cyrodiil campaigns leaderboards are being exploited despite all the "efforts".
    Edited by Universe on September 2, 2016 8:47PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    @Nifty2g

I think you need to go read the list of sets that drop in each zone/dungeon again. The previous trial drop BoE sets seem to have all be relocated to new zones/dungeons. Ergo - trials are only dropping the sets listed under trials and I believe those sets were already BoP on live

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Super excited for the PTS to finish downloading to check all these changes out in person!

I am a bit confused by the "increased the density of harvest nodes in Bleakrock Isle and Bal Foyen to better match other zones of that size" - Bal Foyen has to be one of the densest node zones, can't walk two steps without tripping over a node, was this supposed to be "decreased"?

Everyone worried about the game economy being ruined needs to take a deep breath. I will use the example someone said that they sell a gold ring trial drop for 500k to buy potions. So, now you have to find a new option, go pick flowers yourself (time consuming, but so is chain-running trials to farm drops just to sell on a guild store), sell those lovely motif chapters they are adding to the once/5 days AA, Hel Ra, SO quests and style items for said sets, or get creative! I don't understand why running trials (end game PvE) should equate to "this is the best way to make gold." To me trials are a fun time (and challenge) with friends, and yes the trial BoP sets are BiS for some builds - but just looking at all those sets/zone or dungeon that are coming really will allow people to try more sets out and obtain them solo in some cases.

TL:DR gold is easy to make, you have options, at least one should fit in your playstyle!

OHHHH. So Silks and Necro and etc dont even drop in trials anymore? This makes much more sense.

So the only things that drop in trials are:
    Aetherian Archive: Healing Mage, Quick Serpent, Defending Warrior
    Hel Ra Citadel: Destruction Mage, Poisonous Serpent, Berserking Warrior
    Maw of Lorkhaj: Twilight Remedy, Moondancer, Roar of Alkosh, Lunar Bastion
    Sanctum Ophidia: Wise Mage, Twice-Fanged Serpent, Immortal Warrior
    Aetherian Archive / Hel Ra Citadel / Sanctum Ophidia: Infallible Mage, Vicious Serpent, Eternal Warrior
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting & Harvesting
    • All harvest nodes now scale to your combat level or applicable crafting passive rank.
    Really not a fan of that...
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    Crafting & Harvesting
    • All harvest nodes now scale to your combat level or applicable crafting passive rank.

I think the thing that *might* make that OK (I will test it if this download ever finishes) is:

When opening a Clothing, Woodworking, or Blacksmithing Writ reward box, you now have a chance to obtain a shipment of 25 refined materials from a previous tier of materials.
    These shipments appear whenever you do not obtain a Survey Report.

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting & Harvesting

@Legoless I think we all expected that. Only source of other materials will be in your crafting writ rewards when you don't get a survey report (and they will be refined already). (Hirelings only give you crafting passive rank still right?)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got into the PTS.
    Looking over the weapon ults base values, unmorphed, on a non template character:

2h- Berserker Strike
    Single target
    5m
    150 cost
    Strike an enemy with a vicious blow dealing (x) physical damage
    This attack ignores the targets mitigation and grants you physical and spell resistance equal to the amount ignored for 8 seconds.
    ((10k value for this ult compared to 8k wrecking blow value))

1h&Shield- Shield Wall
    Self
    5 seconds
    100 cost
    Reinforce your shield, allowing you to block all attacks at no cost for 5 seconds.

DW- Lacerate
    Area, 7x8 meters
    150 cost
    Slash all enemies in front of you, dealing (x) physical damage over 8 seconds and healing you for (50%?, I have 64%, but I have healing modifiers) of the damage done.
    ((17k value for ult compared to 3k whirlwind value))

Bow- Rapid Fire
    4.1s channel
    single target
    28m range
    duration 3.3s
    175 cost
    Unleash a barrage of arrows at an enemy dealing (x) physical damage over 4.1 seconds
    You can move at full speed while casting.

Destruction Staff- Elemental Storm
    ground target
    28m range
    10m radius
    10s duration
    250 cost
    Create a cataclysmic storm at the target location that builds for 2 seconds then lays waste to all enemies in the area, dealing (x) magic damage every 1 second for 10 seconds
    ((2.4k value per second compared to 1145 value for wall of elements))

Restoration Staff- Panacea
    Instant, self
    5s duration
    125 cost
    Release the rejuvenating energies of your staff to swirl around you or an ally for (x) health every 1 second for 5 seconds
    ((7.5k value per second compared to 1.8k value per second on grand healing))

• sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Crafting & Harvesting

I think the thing that *might* make that OK (I will test it if this download ever finishes) is:

When opening a Clothing, Woodworking, or Blacksmithing Writ reward box, you now have a chance to obtain a shipment of 25 refined materials from a previous tier of materials.

This, I find quite a relief, actually.

But something does bother me, does every single item you can wear in the game scale to 150/160? Like, even items you craft, be they set pieces or not?
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no mention to Impenetrable trait being added to lootables in the patch notes? @ZOS_GinaBruno

Btw awesome update, One Tamriel, Craglorn update, itemization and better loot distribution among bosses/delves, weapon ultimates! Huge Congrats ZOS! :)
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting & Harvesting

But something does bother me, does every single item you can wear in the game scale to 150/160? Like, even items you craft, be they set pieces or not?

You will still be able to craft for any level, drops will be scaled to your character level

• sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting & Harvesting

You will still be able to craft for any level, drops will be scaled to your character level

But they all scale to the max, so no feeling gimped in combat?
    Edited by sentientomega on September 2, 2016 9:03PM