Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Abah's Watch low drop rate?

Crimsonorion
Crimsonorion
✭✭✭
So I want the 1h sword for this motif (to craft) and have been doing the repeatable tip quests with no drop of any kind (not my complaint) went to several guild vendors in craglorn, wrothgar, abah's landing and anvil just to see if any were on there and nothing.

Saw lots of Assassian League, Thieves Guild etc but in over 12 vendors not one Abah's Watch motif page, is the drop rate really low or...?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I don't think I have ever seen an Abah's Watch Motif. I did not know they existed...

Then again, I have not spent much time in Hew's Bane, had not been there in over a month until last night to drop off a quest.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    They added Abah's Watch to the repeatable tip board quests, Thieves Guild to the heists and Assassian League to the world bosses in Anvil, with the DB update
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay for no instant gratification.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    Yay for no instant gratification.

Well yes and no, I wasn't planning on getting this right away, cause let's be honest, everything will be redicolous price wise for a while, what I'm getting at, is with the TG update they added Trinimac, Malacath and the Faction armors to drops, on day 1 almost every vendor had several of those motifs, my post is how shocking it is that a motif is no where to be found
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my post is how shocking it is that a motif is no where to be found

Or they are being bought before you find them. Which may be the case. I have seen motifs go away in a just the couple of minutes it takes to go to the bank, get the coin and come back to buy something.

Edited by Nestor on June 2, 2016 8:12PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The Abah’s Watch motifs can be found in the Large Laundered Shipments obtained from the repeatable quests found in the Thieves Guild hideout.'
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got Abah's Watch Axes from the repeatable quest yesterday.

Are you sure you're doing the complete quest? That is, steal/pickpocket from three consecutive zones before returning to Kari?
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • Stump
    Stump
    ✭✭✭
    Yea the drop rate sucks for these. I've been farming them the last 2 night seems i am only getting 1 motif per 15- 20 quests completed. I've also been hunting them in guild store and agree with OP, seems the drop rate is low all around.
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, same for me, getting about 1 motif out of 15 quests... rly low compared to 1 thieves motif per heist, especially when comparing the effort of porting and pickpocketing in 3 zones
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
  • murmur
    murmur
    ✭✭✭
    So far 11 drops, 3 of them duplicates, from 126 quests turned in.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen a few sold in guild traders. Personally I'm looking for Abah's Watch Gloves motif, might try to find it myself now I have the DLC, its crazy expensive to get the pages in guilds currently.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Is this going to be new content released with the DB?
  • SoldierOfDarkness23
    SoldierOfDarkness23
    Soul Shriven
    I'm looking for abah's watch legs motif. I'm on Xbox one ebonheart. If someone is willing to work out a trade or something message LMM0RTAL 23. O in my name is a Zero. Thanks
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting a 1 in 4 chance so far. What I do is park one character in DB at the group boss, then log to another character and do a thieves guild repeatable quest. Swap back and forth till I've done 4 of each, seems to work fairly well.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0 for 5. Glad I'm not the only one struggling.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have run it probably 10-12 times and i have gotten two motif drops from it. im gonna start running it on my alt also
  • solwest
    solwest
    Did about 200 got close to 20 pages; 8 or 9 duplicates.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be around 7-8 repeatable quests per drop for me. Spend all day on the weekend doing them and only get one. On a plus side, at least some time in 2017 I should have them all!
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 for 18 :(
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have gotten 3 so far. gloves, boots, and helmets.

i havent seen any in the traders ---- but my helmets motif is in one of my traders.

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost got all chapters now (~200 runs), except one (and some duplicates of course). it's pretty random. sometimes you get 1 motif out of 20 crates. sometimes you get 2 out of 8...

just go for the delivery quests, they can be done pretty fast. (12+/hour)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know the general drop rate for these, I did 13 of the quests and 8 the day before for a total of 21 quests with no motif.

I know this is probably a bad RNG run in the middle of a dozen other bad RNG runs.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may be a timer on the drop rate, to avoid flooding the market. So if you get one, and still have unopened containers, don't open the rest.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    There may be a timer on the drop rate, to avoid flooding the market. So if you get one, and still have unopened containers, don't open the rest.

Not true - I have sometimes gotten 3 or 4 in the space of 20 minutes and had none for an hour or two at a stretch.

It's complete RNG there is no timer for it.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got swords back to back.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that if I wait a day then do 1-4 quests I usually get one. So there may in fact be a timer on these or increased chances anyway since it takes like 20 quests after that in the same day to get another. Farmer prevention measures I guess...